Why Do People Hate Justin Bieber?

• 133 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

JLCrogue

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#101 JLCrogue
Member since 2004 • 6042 Posts

Instead of listening to the predictably crappy music that is Justin Bieber, people should listen to underground hip-hop that has an actual message to it and speaks out against the establishment.

Genocide
Beast1333
Sirius
Immortal Technique
Dead Prez
Jedi Mind Tricks

"And if you go platinum it has nothing to do with luck! It just means that a million people are stupid as fvck!"
- Immortal Technique

Avatar image for WolfattheDoor34
WolfattheDoor34

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#102 WolfattheDoor34
Member since 2006 • 3278 Posts

Instead of listening to the predictably crappy music that is Justin Bieber, people should listen to underground hip-hop that has an actual message to it and speaks out against the establishment.

JLCrogue

yeah man that's what I'm talkin about I bet nobody who listens to that stuff is gay!

TheFatPerson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#103 TheFatPerson
Member since 2011 • 1806 Posts

haha, you guys are hilarious. how can someone get so upset and concerned about someone who likes something they don't like? :\

PinkiePirate

It's not so much about the fact that I don't like it, it's more or less the fact that it's objectively bad.

PinkiePirate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#104 PinkiePirate
Member since 2012 • 1973 Posts

[QUOTE="PinkiePirate"]

haha, you guys are hilarious. how can someone get so upset and concerned about someone who likes something they don't like? :\

TheFatPerson

It's not so much about the fact that I don't like it, it's more or less the fact that it's objectively bad.

it's still music and it's still subjective. there is no such thing as "objectively bad."
TheFatPerson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#105 TheFatPerson

[QUOTE="TheFatPerson"]

[QUOTE="PinkiePirate"]

PinkiePirate

it's still music and it's still subjective. there is no such thing as "objectively bad."

Of course there's music that's objectively bad, if you compare it to other music artists that are more creative, display more ingenuity in their music, and are overall more talented. The fact that formulaic, banal music exists simply to attract the lowest common denominator and make money is not subjective. Anyone can see that.

PinkiePirate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#106 PinkiePirate

[QUOTE="PinkiePirate"][QUOTE="TheFatPerson"]

TheFatPerson

Of course there's music that's objectively bad, if you compare it to other music artists that are more creative, display more ingenuity in their music, and are overall more talented. The fact that formulaic, banal music exists simply to attract the lowest common denominator and make money is not subjective. Anyone can see that.

art can be anything it wants to be and doesn't need the approval of others to be enjoyed.
JLCrogue

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#107 JLCrogue

TheFatPerson

I couldn't agree with you more, most of the garbage on the radio is objectively bad and doesn't have any real substance to it. At least that's what mainstream hip-hop and R&B are like.

JLCrogue

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#108 JLCrogue

[QUOTE="JLCrogue"]

WolfattheDoor34

yeah man that's what I'm talkin about I bet nobody who listens to that stuff is gay!

I can't tell if you're being serious or sarcastic... anyway, I hope you're serious, because gays tend to listen to lady gaga and other crap. Some of my favorite rappers have some offending lyrics to gays.

TheFatPerson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#109 TheFatPerson

[QUOTE="TheFatPerson"]

[QUOTE="PinkiePirate"] it's still music and it's still subjective. there is no such thing as "objectively bad."PinkiePirate

art can be anything it wants to be and doesn't need the approval of others to be enjoyed.

You're half right. Art certainly doesn't need others approval. I personally don't listen to rap and hip-hop, but I still acknowledge it as an art form, and a good form of expression. I don't like Michael Jackson and U2's music, but I do acknowledge their work as art, and I can agree that they are talented artists.

Justin Bieber; however isn't art. It's generic, mass-marketed, brainless dribble that simply exists to make a quick buck from gullible, ignorant people who wouldn't know what good music was if an iPod full of it was shoved up their ass.

Avatar image for WolfattheDoor34
WolfattheDoor34

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#110 WolfattheDoor34
Member since 2006 • 3278 Posts

[QUOTE="WolfattheDoor34"]

[QUOTE="JLCrogue"]

JLCrogue

I can't tell if you're being serious or sarcastic... anyway, I hope you're serious, because gays tend to listen to lady gaga and other crap. Some of my favorite rappers have some offending lyrics to gays.

haha gays are so gay

just look at them, all gay and stuff, loving crap music, can you even believe how gay they are? lol THE GAYS

JLCrogue

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#111 JLCrogue

[QUOTE="JLCrogue"]

[QUOTE="WolfattheDoor34"]

WolfattheDoor34

haha gays are so gay

just look at them, all gay and stuff, loving crap music, can you even believe how gay they are? lol THE GAYS

:lol:

PinkiePirate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#112 PinkiePirate

TheFatPerson

You're half right. Art certainly doesn't need others approval. I personally don't listen to rap and hip-hop, but I still acknowledge it as an art form, and a good form of expression. I don't like Michael Jackson and U2's music, but I do acknowledge their work as art, and I can agree that they are talented artists.

Justin Bieber; however isn't art. It's generic, mass-marketed, brainless dribble that simply exists to make a quick buck from gullible, ignorant people who wouldn't know what good music was if an iPod full of it was shoved up their ass.

all music is art. money and popularity are irrelevant.
TheFatPerson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#113 TheFatPerson

[QUOTE="TheFatPerson"]

[QUOTE="PinkiePirate"] art can be anything it wants to be and doesn't need the approval of others to be enjoyed. PinkiePirate

Money and popularity is totally relevant. That's why record companies are so successful and that's why pop stars like Justin Bieber are so recognized.

You can like Justin Bieber if you want. But you're really giving him more credit than he deserves. To claim that he is talented and his music exemplifies art is utterly laughable to the highest degree.

PinkiePirate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#114 PinkiePirate

TheFatPerson

Money and popularity is totally relevant. That's why record companies are so successful and that's why pop stars like Justin Bieber are so recognized.

You can like Justin Bieber if you want. But you're really giving him more credit than he deserves. To claim that he is talented and his music exemplifies art is utterly laughable to the highest degree.

he can sing very well. i'd like to see you do better. ;]
TheFatPerson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#115 TheFatPerson

[QUOTE="TheFatPerson"]

[QUOTE="PinkiePirate"] all music is art. money and popularity are irrelevant.PinkiePirate

And here come the ad hominem attacks!

This debate is officially over. :)

JLCrogue

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#116 JLCrogue

[QUOTE="TheFatPerson"]

[QUOTE="PinkiePirate"] all music is art. money and popularity are irrelevant.PinkiePirate

I can sing better, at least I don't have one of those annoyingly high pitch voices.

PinkiePirate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#117 PinkiePirate

TheFatPerson

And here come the ad hominem attacks!

This debate is officially over. :)

lol i was kidding, but ok.
PSP107

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#118 PSP107
Member since 2007 • 18797 Posts

it's still music and it's still subjective. there is no such thing as "objectively bad."PinkiePirate

Tell that to Roger Ebert.
Nibroc420

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#119 Nibroc420
Member since 2007 • 13571 Posts
Money and popularity is totally relevant.TheFatPerson
Maybe if we were talking about which person would be a better investment. However, in a conversation about what is, and what is not music (or any form of art), popularity and money have no effect in the matter.
PSP107

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#120 PSP107
[QUOTE="TheFatPerson"]Money and popularity is totally relevant.Nibroc420
Maybe if we were talking about which person would be a better investment. However, in a conversation about what is, and what is not music (or any form of art), popularity and money have no effect in the matter.

Then what does?
Big_Pecks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#121 Big_Pecks
Member since 2010 • 5973 Posts

His hometown is close to mine, so the local news feel that they need to report on everything about him. Can't escape.

Optical_Order

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#122 Optical_Order
Member since 2008 • 5100 Posts

He's douchey.

lensflare15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#123 lensflare15
Member since 2010 • 6652 Posts

For awhile it was just his status as an incredibly popular teen superstar. Now days? It's probably more of a joke than anything, he doesn't seem nearly as popular as before (which was bound to happen over time).

PiscesChick93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#124 PiscesChick93
Member since 2008 • 10732 Posts

Probably because his superfans can be annoying.

TopTierHustler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#125 TopTierHustler
Member since 2012 • 3894 Posts

He's not talented and is very feminine.

iHarlequin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#126 iHarlequin
Member since 2011 • 1928 Posts

Because they're jelly that an 18 year old boy has more money than they'll accumulate in their next fifty life cycles.

undergroundLPx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#127 undergroundLPx
Member since 2003 • 710 Posts

There are no valid answers in this thread from those that dislike him.

Fact is, they hate him because he's their age but he's rich and he's getting the girls these keyboard warriors drool for in school. The kid is exremely talented, he can sing and he can also play instruments (damn good too). The main thing with Bieber haters is jealousy, plain and simple.

Avatar image for -TheSecondSign-
-TheSecondSign-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#128 -TheSecondSign-
Member since 2007 • 9301 Posts

I don't care about him, one way or the other.

That's because I am a grown man with responsibilities and priorities, and I don't have enough time in the day or emotion left in me after work to sit down and think about how much I hate a teenaged boy for being a popular teenaged boy.

Seriously, if you're over like, 16, and you "hate" Justin Beiber, you need to step back evaluate what you're doing with your spare time, and why you have so much of it.

johnd13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#129 johnd13
Member since 2011 • 11125 Posts

I don' t hate him as I really don' t care enough about him to express any "strong" feeling whatsoever. If anything he' s annoying because he' s an arrogant douchy as most teenagers like him who happen to rise in fame really fast. Those ones that manage popularity and money in a balanced and humble way (they' re very few though) I can respect them for showing maturity and strong character and don' t surrender to temptations.

MrGeezer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#130 MrGeezer
Member since 2002 • 59765 Posts
You know...it's one thing to think that Justin Bieber's music is just mass-produced music for people who can't know and can't appreciate good music. But it's weird to hear people actually get ANGRY over that. "How DARE they put out music for the ignorant masses! They don't deserve to have access to music that they like!" Big deal. That kind of music isn't for you anyway, so what's the problem? You've still got the music that you like, the ignorant masses still have the music that they like, and everybody wins.
the_bi99man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#131 the_bi99man
Member since 2004 • 11465 Posts

Why Do People Hate Justin Bieber?

PSP107

Why are you asking rhetorical questions?

indzman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#132 indzman
Member since 2006 • 27736 Posts

because justin beiber sucks?

PSP107

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#133 PSP107
[QUOTE="undergroundLPx"]

There are no valid answers in this thread from those that dislike him.

Fact is, they hate him because he's their age but he's rich and he's getting the girls these keyboard warriors drool for in school. The kid is exremely talented, he can sing and he can also play instruments (damn good too). The main thing with Bieber haters is jealousy, plain and simple.

Keyboard warriors?