Why do girls/women cry when they get berated?

• 65 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

IzzieWaru

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#51 IzzieWaru
Member since 2010 • 905 Posts

Because of hormones? Being a teenage girl was rough. I didn't cry a lot, but I had plenty of irrational crazy moments, and it was all hormones.

There's also the stereotype that women are supposed to be open and sensitive while men are supposed to insensitive and tough. I've seen plenty of guys cry when they aren't in public.

Depends on how you were raised, too. My parents were practitioners of tough love. My boyfriend has four younger sisters who are loud, social, and used to getting their way. I don't cry and I consider them to be complete wimps because they're ALWAYS crying, but I'm not as socially graceful as they are.

I would hardly say it stems from "self-pity." I seriously doubt all girls who cry in stressful situations hate themselves.

bruinfan617

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#52 bruinfan617
Member since 2010 • 3767 Posts

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l8CDERzun4k&feature=related

Tropicalshower

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#53 Tropicalshower
Member since 2009 • 10813 Posts
[QUOTE="MistressMinako"]I don't know... but.. I was getting excited to see Hitomi back and then I realized the date of her post... not only that... RiseAgainst12 is banned... This world is cruel! :cry: But, seriously... I guess it's because they feel embarrassed/guilty. Or an attention whore.

Lol me too :P
howlrunner13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#54 howlrunner13
Member since 2005 • 4408 Posts

Old thread is old.

I thought it was against the rules to bump old threads (this one is a year old).

Chickan_117

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#55 Chickan_117
Member since 2009 • 16327 Posts

It's interesting to note that, as babies and little kids, we pretty much all cry about the same. After we go thru puberty this all changes which makes me, personally, believe that it is chemical rather than environmental.

Alsowomen have a higher concentration of the hormone prolactin in their system which is a contributing factor in making people cry. Finally, a study across 11 countries has shown that 2/3rds of people with depression are female. Obviously people with depression cry more than men.

Add all that to the fact that it is more socially acceptable for a woman to cry than a man and I think you have the makings of your answer. Also look at what society deems important for males vs females. A dressing down can be seen by male peers as a show of strength if a man stands up to it. Female peers more often view the same dressing down as a negative stamp on the character of the person receiving it. Therefore the social impact of such an activity is different for a male and a female.

Personally I think it's just down to hormones. On average women are more nurturing and caring whereas males are more dominative and instructing. There's a fine line between love, extreme happiness and extreme sadness so someone who is especially caring is probably going to cry more than someone who isn't.

If you ever want to reverse the situation, kick a man in the nuts. Hurts him more than it would hurt her ;)

Old thread is old.

I thought it was against the rules to bump old threads (this one is a year old).

howlrunner13

It's not bumping unless you commenton your own thread. Besides which I found it an interesting topic :)

Shottayouth13-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56 Shottayouth13-
Member since 2009 • 7018 Posts
Cause they're emotional and cry for everything?
Gaming-Planet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#57 Gaming-Planet
Member since 2008 • 21064 Posts

I cry man tears when I am angry.

D_Battery

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#58 D_Battery
Member since 2009 • 2478 Posts
I cry when I get berated and I'm 100% dude. Wait, lemme check... Yep, definitely male.
IzzieWaru

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#59 IzzieWaru
Member since 2010 • 905 Posts

Cause they're emotional and cry for everything?Shottayouth13-

...wow...

kayoticdreamz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60 kayoticdreamz
Member since 2010 • 3347 Posts
i thinks it part of some secret underground plot to take over the world we wont ever suspect the criers now will we?
UbiquitousAeon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61 UbiquitousAeon
Member since 2010 • 2099 Posts

[QUOTE="Shottayouth13-"]Cause they're emotional and cry for everything?IzzieWaru

...wow...

Don't get all tear eyed on me, I don't like it when people cry.
PeaceChild90

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62 PeaceChild90
Member since 2009 • 781 Posts

I cry in those kind of situations. It's just a reaction, and I can't stop myself from crying.

PeaceChild90

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63 PeaceChild90
Member since 2009 • 781 Posts

[QUOTE="Shottayouth13-"]Cause they're emotional and cry for everything?IzzieWaru

...wow...

This is Gamespot. What do you expect? :P

The_Last_Ride

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 122

User Lists: 2

#64 The_Last_Ride
Member since 2004 • 76371 Posts

Before I begin, let me just say that I don't mean every woman I just mean a large enough portion of women that it some form of generalization is applicable. Ok anyway, why is it that women cry when they get scolded. I remember in high school when the teacher yelled at some girl, she would start crying. Same thing happens in work situations with women, so its not an age thing. The funny thing is if 3 girls get berated, they leave angry; If one girl gets berated, she leaves crying. So what's the deal? Its not like women are emotionally weaker than men or anything. Is it self-pity? If so thats dispicable. Self-pity is one of the worst human trait. Or maybe they are embarrassed and they hope that by crying people will feel sorry for them, rather than mock them? If so, thats a bit more clever but still.... Why do you think?

II_Seraphim_II
i know a girl and a guy that was going to do the drivers license, the girl had two mistakes more then the guy. She started crying and got the license, the guy didn't...
Mystic-G

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65 Mystic-G
Member since 2006 • 6462 Posts

Before I begin, let me just say that I don't mean every woman I just mean a large enough portion of women that it some form of generalization is applicable. Ok anyway, why is it that women cry when they get scolded. I remember in high school when the teacher yelled at some girl, she would start crying. Same thing happens in work situations with women, so its not an age thing. The funny thing is if 3 girls get berated, they leave angry; If one girl gets berated, she leaves crying. So what's the deal? Its not like women are emotionally weaker than men or anything. Is it self-pity? If so thats dispicable. Self-pity is one of the worst human trait. Or maybe they are embarrassed and they hope that by crying people will feel sorry for them, rather than mock them? If so, thats a bit more clever but still.... Why do you think?

II_Seraphim_II

Women aren't use to self humiliation like a man. Guys usually grow up with other male friends who all constantly talk trash about each other in a joking way so we become more thick skinned. So scolding her is humiliating her in a manner that hurts more because it's something they know they did wrong.

It probably has to do with a hormonal reaction to the situation aswell. Guys may get mad, women may be sad, it's just a difference in reaction. Neither is better or more normal than the other. Most women are emotionally delicate, but I don't think you should scold a woman any different from a man just because they might cry.

I think it's cute when women cry over such matters. They tend to wanna do whatever to make it right with the person that brought the hammer down on them. Made for great sex.