Why are people such jerks?

• 109 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

BloodPhantom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#51 BloodPhantom
Member since 2004 • 1802 Posts
People always ask me what I'm reading when Im at school, and it is annoying as hell, but you should probably calm down, I'm sure he wasn't trying to be an **** he was most likely just stupid. The most annoying thing about that is that they could just read the cover of the book.
MrGeezer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#52 MrGeezer
Member since 2002 • 59765 Posts
sounds like a personal problemBarqs-Has-Bite

Most of you people saying that the guy did nothing wrong probably don't read books.

Let's use another example. You go to the movies. You're sitting down, the movie has been going for about half an hour, and it's just starting to get exciting. Suddenly the stranger sitting next to you taps you on the arm and starts trying to start a conversation about what his favourite movies are.

You're having a serious argument with your significant other, then somebody walks up to your table and starts trying to ask you what you think of them White Sox.

I'll bet you'd be pretty ****ing pissed off. There's a time and a place for starting up a conversation, and you don't walk up to somebody who's busy reading and try to start up a conversation about absolutely nothing. It's ****ing rude, and it's ****ing stupid.
VanHalun040604

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#53 VanHalun040604
Member since 2004 • 6399 Posts

I might understand it if I was reading a book titled "I'm Reading a Book. Please Come and Start Flapping Your Stupid *** Damn Mouth While I'm Busy Reading."MrGeezer

It's a great read......you should really check that gem out some time, man...

Avatar image for CubePrime_basic
CubePrime_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#54 CubePrime_basic
Member since 2003 • 3230 Posts

[QUOTE="Barqs-Has-Bite"]sounds like a personal problemMrGeezer

Most of you people saying that the guy did nothing wrong probably don't read books.

Let's use another example. You go to the movies. You're sitting down, the movie has been going for about half an hour, and it's just starting to get exciting. Suddenly the stranger sitting next to you taps you on the arm and starts trying to start a conversation about what his favourite movies are.

You're having a serious argument with your significant other, then somebody walks up to your table and starts trying to ask you what you think of them White Sox.

I'll bet you'd be pretty ****ing pissed off. There's a time and a place for starting up a conversation, and you don't walk up to somebody who's busy reading and try to start up a conversation about absolutely nothing. It's ****ing rude, and it's ****ing stupid.

lol sure :roll:

helluvagood

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#55 helluvagood
Member since 2004 • 9182 Posts
u sound like the jerk, you could of told him u were trying to readcloud_04
yea soundsa like it, maybe hes just trying to make friends or trying to be nice and talkative or just foolin around
Joshywaa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

#56 Joshywaa
Member since 2002 • 10991 Posts

it would seem ur in the wrong cos as da otha dude sed u couldve told him u were tryin 2 readdark_daxter

i can see you failed english class

acdavid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#57 acdavid
Member since 2004 • 810 Posts

what book were you reading?zub1

"How to Win Friends and Influence People."

Hellmen21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 130

#58 Hellmen21
Member since 2004 • 18516 Posts
You DO realize the irony, don't you?
killyou060606

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59 killyou060606
Member since 2005 • 27091 Posts
He wasn't a jerk ,he was just blind. :)
MrGeezer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60 MrGeezer
[QUOTE="helluvagood"]
u sound like the jerk, you could of told him u were trying to readcloud_04
yea soundsa like it, maybe hes just trying to make friends or trying to be nice and talkative or just foolin around

Can I be your friend?
fidosim

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#61 fidosim
Member since 2003 • 12901 Posts

.....So how bout them White Sox? =|

RustyBolt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62 RustyBolt
Member since 2003 • 5605 Posts
[QUOTE="MrGeezer"]Okay, today I'm at work and I'm sitting outside taking my lunch break. I'm eating some chili and reading a book, and some random dude sits down on the bench next to me and says hi.

"Hi", I said, then I go back to reading my book.

So then the dude is just sitting there, then he starts trying to talk to me. And I'm trying to ignore him, but he just won't shut the **** up.

I've noticed that a lot of people do this. What the **** is wrong with people? Why the **** do people think that when you're reading it means you want them to come over and start bothering you? Why the **** do people interrupt me to ask me what I'm reading when they're ****ing idiots and probably haven't opened a book in more than 15 years? I mean, I might understand it if I was reading a book titled "I'm Reading a Book. Please Come and Start Flapping Your Stupid *** Damn Mouth While I'm Busy Reading." But I'm not. Where the **** is the sign asking people to come interrupt me?

Jesus, I hate people.

you could've told him off
RustyBolt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63 RustyBolt
Member since 2003 • 5605 Posts

.....So how bout them White Sox? =|

fidosim

how bout them yankees
emtobed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64 emtobed
Member since 2004 • 3051 Posts

http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a202/JoshXXXXX/indifferent.gif

Calm down.
TheManOfChoice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65 TheManOfChoice
Member since 2003 • 4148 Posts

http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a202/JoshXXXXX/indifferent.gif

Calm down.
emtobed

lmfao

MrGeezer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66 MrGeezer
[QUOTE="RustyBolt"] [QUOTE="MrGeezer"]Okay, today I'm at work and I'm sitting outside taking my lunch break. I'm eating some chili and reading a book, and some random dude sits down on the bench next to me and says hi.

So then the dude is just sitting there, then he starts trying to talk to me. And I'm trying to ignore him, but he just won't shut the **** up.

I've noticed that a lot of people do this. What the **** is wrong with people? Why the **** do people think that when you're reading it means you want them to come over and start bothering you? Why the **** do people interrupt me to ask me what I'm reading when they're ****ing idiots and probably haven't opened a book in more than 15 years? I mean, I might understand it if I was reading a book titled "I'm Reading a Book. Please Come and Start Flapping Your Stupid *** Damn Mouth While I'm Busy Reading." But I'm not. Where the **** is the sign asking people to come interrupt me?

Jesus, I hate people.

That would be rude. I'm a nice guy.
TheManOfChoice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67 TheManOfChoice
Member since 2003 • 4148 Posts

[QUOTE="RustyBolt"] [QUOTE="MrGeezer"]Okay, today I'm at work and I'm sitting outside taking my lunch break. I'm eating some chili and reading a book, and some random dude sits down on the bench next to me and says hi.

Jesus, I hate people.
MrGeezer

How nice :idea:

StupidFox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68 StupidFox
Member since 2004 • 4349 Posts
I read outside hoping someone WILL talk to me... never works... v.v
GrimeySnake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#69 GrimeySnake
Member since 2004 • 298 Posts
damn jerks.. i try reading on the train and they do the same thing.. oh by the way.. do i get a warning for bringing back old posts??
soroush7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70 soroush7
Member since 2003 • 1968 Posts
Maybe your the real jerk? Ignoring him like that. Maybe he wants to be your friend :P
GrimeySnake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71 GrimeySnake
yeah.. what a jerky boy!
kyleali11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72 kyleali11
Member since 2006 • 11820 Posts
did you fly kick him?
steppinrazor88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 33

#73 steppinrazor88
Member since 2006 • 14441 Posts
he's being a jerk cuz he wants o read in peace...no...but the other guy isn't being a jerk either...
Carlos_Santana

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#74 Carlos_Santana
Member since 2006 • 4316 Posts
Heh. I think none of the people realize how old this thread is
Avatar image for LA_lakers_4life
LA_lakers_4life

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#75 LA_lakers_4life
Member since 2006 • 7051 Posts
people are jerks cause it makes life more fun.....if you arent the predator then youre the victim
GrimeySnake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#76 GrimeySnake
Heh. I think none of the people realize how old this thread isCarlos_Santana
lmao.. i know..
teh_forbidden

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#77 teh_forbidden
Member since 2006 • 521 Posts
Your perpectives never cease to amaze me. :lol:
-KinGz-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#78 -KinGz-
Member since 2006 • 5232 Posts
[QUOTE="MrGeezer"]Okay, today I'm at work and I'm sitting outside taking my lunch break. I'm eating some chili and reading a book, and some random dude sits down on the bench next to me and says hi.

Jesus, I hate people.

ermmm,.... u were the jerk...
freshgman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#79 freshgman
Member since 2005 • 12241 Posts
thats not being a jerk
slinky6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#80 slinky6
Member since 2004 • 8521 Posts
[QUOTE="-KinGz-"][QUOTE="MrGeezer"]Okay, today I'm at work and I'm sitting outside taking my lunch break. I'm eating some chili and reading a book, and some random dude sits down on the bench next to me and says hi.

Jesus, I hate people.

ermmm,.... u were the jerk...

He/she could have politely said something, but no, he/she has to come on GameSpot and curse about it. I agree, he/she's the jerk.
Shacrob

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#81 Shacrob
Member since 2004 • 3208 Posts

Jesus, I hate people.

No... some people are really annoying, maybe they got a desilussion and try to have a little attention, you have to know the meaning of "Tolerance", be patient :)
krunkmastax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#82 krunkmastax
Member since 2004 • 36027 Posts
damn jerks.. i try reading on the train and they do the same thing.. oh by the way.. do i get a warning for bringing back old posts??GrimeySnake
Yes you do. Bumping old topics is against the TOS.
tomxizor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#83 tomxizor
Member since 2004 • 11767 Posts
This thread is sooooo old. 
KiIIyou

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#84 KiIIyou
Member since 2006 • 27204 Posts
People, People who need people Are the luckiest people in the world
AgostonF

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#85 AgostonF
Member since 2006 • 6965 Posts
Hypocrite much?
Avatar image for someotherguy654
someotherguy654

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#86 someotherguy654
Member since 2004 • 15122 Posts
damn jerks.. i try reading on the train and they do the same thing.. oh by the way.. do i get a warning for bringing back old posts??GrimeySnake
Why do you post in old threads?
DukeMillennium

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#87 DukeMillennium
Member since 2007 • 27 Posts

[QUOTE="MrGeezer"] [QUOTE="RustyBolt"] [QUOTE="MrGeezer"]Okay, today I'm at work and I'm sitting outside taking my lunch break. I'm eating some chili and reading a book, and some random dude sits down on the bench next to me and says hi.

Jesus, I hate people.
TheManOfChoice

How nice :idea:

Hypocrite.
someotherguy654

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#88 someotherguy654
[QUOTE="KiIIyou"]People, People who need people Are the luckiest people in the world

I need you.
Ninja-Vox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#89 Ninja-Vox
Member since 2006 • 16314 Posts
He's not a jerk; he's just a little insensitive. Some people are just like that.
Avatar image for deactivated-5901ac91d8e33
deactivated-5901ac91d8e33

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#90 deactivated-5901ac91d8e33
Member since 2004 • 17092 Posts
It sounds like you're really spoiled.....or very, very non-social
aRE-you-AFraid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#91 aRE-you-AFraid
Member since 2006 • 3234 Posts

Jesus, I hate people.

Maybe there just looking for someone to talk to.
KiIIyou

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#92 KiIIyou
[QUOTE="someotherguy654"][QUOTE="KiIIyou"]People, People who need people Are the luckiest people in the world

I need you.

I'm too tired right now.
Def_Jef88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#93 Def_Jef88
Member since 2006 • 17441 Posts
Its called friendly conversation.  Ill be the first to amit I dislike when people I don't know try to talk to me, but I at least am curtious because I know their intentions are good.  BTW, the only one who was being a jerk was you.
someotherguy654

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#94 someotherguy654
[QUOTE="KiIIyou"][QUOTE="someotherguy654"][QUOTE="KiIIyou"]People, People who need people Are the luckiest people in the world

I need you.

I'm too tired right now.

Too tired to be needed? :(
KiIIyou

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#95 KiIIyou
[QUOTE="someotherguy654"][QUOTE="KiIIyou"][QUOTE="someotherguy654"][QUOTE="KiIIyou"]People, People who need people Are the luckiest people in the world

I need you.

I'm too tired right now.

Oh i thought you needed me to take out the garbage or something. ;D
Flaming_Ape

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#96 Flaming_Ape
Member since 2007 • 3246 Posts
Well your sounding a bit self-centered, and judging by your post, just calm down and relax...you won't feel the same way as you do now after that. :)
Flaming_Ape

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#97 Flaming_Ape
Member since 2007 • 3246 Posts
[QUOTE="KiIIyou"][QUOTE="someotherguy654"][QUOTE="KiIIyou"]People, People who need people Are the luckiest people in the world

I need you.

I'm too tired right now.

Are you laying in bed right now? o_O
KiIIyou

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#98 KiIIyou
[QUOTE="Flaming_Ape"][QUOTE="KiIIyou"][QUOTE="someotherguy654"][QUOTE="KiIIyou"]People, People who need people Are the luckiest people in the world

I need you.

I'm too tired right now.

Are you laying in bed right now? o_O

No, i will be soon though, think i'm getting sick from being in this cold house of mine for too long.
someotherguy654

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#99 someotherguy654
[QUOTE="KiIIyou"][QUOTE="someotherguy654"][QUOTE="KiIIyou"][QUOTE="someotherguy654"][QUOTE="KiIIyou"]People, People who need people Are the luckiest people in the world

I need you.

I'm too tired right now.

Oh i thought you needed me to take out the garbage or something. ;D

No, I took out the garbage so you wouldn't have to. :)
LiquidZ08

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#100 LiquidZ08
Member since 2004 • 8820 Posts
Abit anti-social are we MrGeezer?  Anyway, from your first post you sound like the jerk no offense :lol:.  Have the guts to tell them your busy and they will go away.