Which of these Marvel movies is your favorite?

• 60 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

AFBrat77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 0

Poll Which of these Marvel movies is your favorite? (40 votes)

X2: X-Men United (2003, Stryker, Magneto) 5%
Spider-Man 2 (2004, Doc Ock, Tobey Maguire) 28%
Iron Man (2008, first movie) 8%
The Amazing Spider-Man (2012, Emma Stone, The Lizard) 5%
Marvel's The Avengers (2012, Loki) 25%
Iron-Man 3 (2013, Mandarin) 0%
Thor: The Dark World (2013, Malekith) 0%
Captain America: The Winter Soldier (2014, Hydra, Robert Redford) 25%
Other (specify, if you would) 5%

I'm sure someone will complain that there favorite isn't here, but i think I got most of the cream of the crop.

Which one is your favorite and why?

While its still fresh in my mind perhaps giving it a bias, I'd still have to say Winter Soldier was my favorite. It felt like a solid James Bond movie in the Marvel universe, and its nice to see The Falcon in action as well. As a kid, the comics were always Captain America and Falcon as I remember them.

Unlike some people i grew to really like The Amazing Spider-Man, and I feel its much more watchable again and again then the first 3 spider-man movies (Also, Kirsten Dunst as MJ was a serious miscast).

• 
SaintLeonidas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#51 SaintLeonidas
Member since 2006 • 26735 Posts

@uninspiredcup said:

@SaintLeonidas said:
@uninspiredcup said:

Iron Man 3 was pretty good, enjoyed it more than 1/2. Have to say though, the most pointless character ever.

Mickey Rourkes parrot was more relevant.

How the hell is she pointless? She invented Extremis...without her, there is no film.

And the invention of this is a big plot point? No. It's piratically non-existent. Aldrich being rejected is the plot point. The movie could have quite happily not bothered to have her in it at all without even bothering who invented it and work just fine. She is a detriment to the movie as a whole.

Her death? Who gives a shit. That's right, nobody.

....nothing you just said disputes the fact that she isn't pointless. If she didn't invent Extremis and Aldrich did, but she was still in the film, THEN she'd be a pointless character...but that isn't how it was written, was it? No, instead she DID invent Extremis in the film, which means no matter how much screen time or actions during that time, her creation of Extremis (which created the super soldiers, which is the big threat to Tony, Potts...the whole damn plot) makes her character incredibly important. You are imaging a whole different film, one that maybe should have but DOESN'T exist...in the context of the film that actually came out, there is no argument you can give that proves she was pointless.

branketra

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 9

#52 branketra
Member since 2006 • 51726 Posts

@AFBrat77 said:

How was the first Captain America movie? Is it worth seeing?

I watched that at least twenty times.

AFBrat77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#53 AFBrat77
Member since 2004 • 26848 Posts

@BranKetra:

It was that good? I take it Bucky Barnes was in that one.

branketra

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 9

#54 branketra
Member since 2006 • 51726 Posts

@AFBrat77 said:

@BranKetra:

It was that good? I take it Bucky Barnes was in that one.

Yes. Without spoiling anything, I will say that it is an origin story like Iron Man and Thor are which leads to them all being in The Avengers. If you have read any Avengers comics, but you have not seen the 2012 film, you will already know some key facts to that team because it does not stray too far from canon.

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 86

User Lists: 2

#55  Edited By uninspiredcup  Online
Member since 2013 • 58955 Posts

@SaintLeonidas said:

@uninspiredcup said:

@SaintLeonidas said:
@uninspiredcup said:

Iron Man 3 was pretty good, enjoyed it more than 1/2. Have to say though, the most pointless character ever.

How the hell is she pointless? She invented Extremis...without her, there is no film.

And the invention of this is a big plot point? No. It's piratically non-existent. Aldrich being rejected is the plot point. The movie could have quite happily not bothered to have her in it at all without even bothering who invented it and work just fine. She is a detriment to the movie as a whole.

....nothing you just said disputes the fact that she isn't pointless. If she didn't invent Extremis and Aldrich did, but she was still in the film, THEN she'd be a pointless character...but that isn't how it was written, was it? No, instead she DID invent Extremis in the film, which means no matter how much screen time or actions during that time, her creation of Extremis (which created the super soldiers, which is the big threat to Tony, Potts...the whole damn plot) makes her character incredibly important. You are imaging a whole different film, one that maybe should have but DOESN'T exist...in the context of the film that actually came out, there is no argument you can give that proves she was pointless.

But I just gave you a argument why shes pointless. Remove her, essentially the same movie and arguably a better movie. How many people do you think actually give a shit about that plot element you mentioned? I sure as **** don't.

lostrib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#56 lostrib
Member since 2009 • 49999 Posts

@uninspiredcup said:

@SaintLeonidas said:
@uninspiredcup said:

She died in the movie?

I may need to watch Iron Man 3 again

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 86

User Lists: 2

#57 uninspiredcup  Online
Member since 2013 • 58955 Posts

SaintLeonidas is right. I'm just being bitter as **** about it like a angry 14 year old. Still, that character sucks.

sukraj

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

#58  Edited By sukraj
Member since 2008 • 27859 Posts

Spiderman 2

AFBrat77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59 AFBrat77

ok, now this is very close at the top

AFBrat77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60 AFBrat77

Still a very tight race among the big 3

ChefPers0n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#61  Edited By ChefPers0n
Member since 2012 • 44 Posts

Iron Man (2008) - I have yet to watch Winter Soldier.