When the year 2012 comes...

• 67 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

soldier-dark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1 soldier-dark
Member since 2005 • 5909 Posts

If nothing happens, none of those predictions of the end of the world or great catastrophe come true, how happy or dissapointed would you be? I got the idea of this topic because of History Channel.

g-unit248

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 g-unit248
Member since 2005 • 7197 Posts
i guess we'll have to wait till 2035 for the asteroid :P
Dutch_Mix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#3 Dutch_Mix
Member since 2005 • 29266 Posts
Oh, man. Were you watching that show on the AntiChrist? I was watching it too. (On the commercials of MNF of course) 0_o
rabbit52

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 rabbit52
Member since 2005 • 489 Posts
yeah i saw that one too, where the mayans and nostradamus and everyone says the end is 2012. yup ill be pretty bummed if we all die in a hellish firestorm then, cuz my soul is pretty skrood when the apocalypse comes
SpaceMoose

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 SpaceMoose
Member since 2004 • 10789 Posts
Uh, I think it's all a bunch of bologna, so I really won't think about it at all?
Yagami-Iori

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 46

#6 Yagami-Iori
Member since 2003 • 6327 Posts
I hope not. I hate German potato salad.
lycrof

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 lycrof
Member since 2005 • 6393 Posts
I n my religion in the year 2011 mutant twinkies from pluto will invade earth and our savior Gary Sinise will defend us all.
DivergeUnify

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 DivergeUnify
Member since 2007 • 15150 Posts
yeah i saw that one too, where the mayans and nostradamus and everyone says the end is 2012. yup ill be pretty bummed if we all die in a hellish firestorm then, cuz my soul is pretty skrood when the apocalypse comesrabbit52
:(
soldier-dark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 soldier-dark
Oh, man. Were you watching that show on the AntiChrist? I was watching it too. (On the commercials of MNF of course) 0_o Dutch_Mix
I've seen the thing like 20 times already, I know all the things they talk about, but half of it is in my subconcious. >_>
mattisgod01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#10 mattisgod01
Member since 2005 • 3476 Posts
is it really necessary for them to have these official end of the world things every few years
GettingTired

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 GettingTired
Member since 2006 • 5994 Posts
I'd laugh, because so many people wrote books and made money off of it, and it turns out to be fake.
o_sausage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#12 o_sausage
Member since 2006 • 5919 Posts
Damn mayans and their predictions are going to kill us all
soldier-dark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 soldier-dark
yeah i saw that one too, where the mayans and nostradamus and everyone says the end is 2012. yup ill be pretty bummed if we all die in a hellish firestorm then, cuz my soul is pretty skrood when the apocalypse comesrabbit52
I haven't actually been able to see the special, I've heard stuff from it. Didn't the Mayans actually predict that the Earth's axis would change its titl? I don't think they gave an actual scenario of what that would cause, unless their calendar ending is what says what will happen.
Tuky06

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#14 Tuky06
Member since 2007 • 5026 Posts
You can't know the exact date, they say 2012 so it can be any day between new year 2012 or 2013's new year's eve. So I don't think I'd be happy before 2013 or disapointed after.
soldier-dark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 soldier-dark
I'd laugh, because so many people wrote books and made money off of it, and it turns out to be fake.GettingTired
It would be like the Great Dissapointment of the 1840s (thank you History Channel).
soldier-dark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 soldier-dark
Damn mayans and their predictions are going to kill us allo_sausage
And Nostradamus (But I think he was fake).
DivergeUnify

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 DivergeUnify
Member since 2007 • 15150 Posts
[QUOTE="rabbit52"]yeah i saw that one too, where the mayans and nostradamus and everyone says the end is 2012. yup ill be pretty bummed if we all die in a hellish firestorm then, cuz my soul is pretty skrood when the apocalypse comessoldier-dark
I haven't actually been able to see the special, I've heard stuff from it. Didn't the Mayans actually predict that the Earth's axis would change its titl? I don't think they gave an actual scenario of what that would cause, unless their calendar ending is what says what will happen.

Each new calender yields some large( as in bad)event and each time the calender ends it increases like 7 fold or something(ww2 was the end of the 4th I think) and the end of the fifth is 20212
dgbeard45

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 dgbeard45
Member since 2003 • 989 Posts
It would suck if it were true, but not that much because we wouldn't be alive to realize it sucked.
Sim_genius

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#19 Sim_genius
Member since 2005 • 9562 Posts
i guess we'll have to wait till 2035 for the asteroid :Pg-unit248
What asteroid o_O
soldier-dark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 soldier-dark
It would suck if it were true, but not that much because we wouldn't be alive to realize it sucked.dgbeard45
But what if there was an afterlife? And it was just there to point out how much something in your life sucked. Boy would that be a religion, the anti-suicidal live forever...ists.
hokey-pokey18

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 hokey-pokey18
Member since 2006 • 3258 Posts

You believe that, too? I thought I was the only one.

mattpunkgd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 mattpunkgd
Member since 2007 • 2198 Posts
Pics or it didn't happen!
Forerunner-117

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 Forerunner-117
Member since 2006 • 8800 Posts

is it really necessary for them to have these official end of the world things every few yearsmattisgod01

Lol yeah seriously *cough* Jehovah's Witnesses *cough*

mattpunkgd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 mattpunkgd
Member since 2007 • 2198 Posts

Uh, I think it's all a bunch of bologna, so I really won't think about it at all?SpaceMoose

Ya bologna is gross!

SpaceMoose

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 SpaceMoose

Oh yeah, the Mayans knew what was up, didn't they?

Now let's go cut out some peoples' hearts.

rabbit52

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 rabbit52
Member since 2005 • 489 Posts

SpaceMoose
no seriously their calendar has held up for thousands of years and has only been off by 4 days or somethin... either way the History Channel says were all gonna die so DEAL WIT IT!
Kikouken

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#27 Kikouken
Member since 2006 • 15913 Posts

Explain :|

Sim_genius

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 Sim_genius

SpaceMoose
And throw virgins into a botomless pit!
soldier-dark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 soldier-dark

SpaceMoose
They were amazing in the field of astronomy, which they based their predictions on, don't think they're idiots just because of theirviolent religion.
GettingTired

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 GettingTired
Member since 2006 • 5994 Posts
[QUOTE="SpaceMoose"]

soldier-dark
They were amazing in the field of astronomy, which they based their predictions on, don't think they're idiots just because of theirviolent religion.

Yes, but it shows that not everything they believed in holds credibility. They were good astronomers, yes. But it's the 21st century. Do you seriously believe they have figured out something that our advanced, well-educated astronomers can't? That's just silly.
Sim_genius

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 Sim_genius

[QUOTE="g-unit248"]i guess we'll have to wait till 2035 for the asteroid :PKikouken

Explain :|

So far I have fount this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WALIARHHLII Specially May 6th :|
middito

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 middito
Member since 2003 • 955 Posts

there are lots of prophecies of impending doom. if your into researching this topic a date doesn't guarentee it will happen on that specific date

Edgar Cayce-Earth Changes

"Earth changes. Some Cayce readings allude to massive earth changes-perhaps in conjunction with a pole shift-in the 1930s, 1960s, or 1990s. Cayce people have developed several creative ways of interpreting such passages, although some were disappointed with the failure of 1998 to bring either the rising of Atlantis, the sinking of California, or the Second Coming of Christ. Although he didn't actually state these would happen at this specific time, the period was referred to as a pivotal point that could see the beginning of many of these prophecies. Cayce however, stressed repeatedly that free will influenced all facets of what will become reality and even something predestined to happen can be postponed or altered. "

Even though this date was solidified by the mayans (and help from the mystical history channel) theres no guarentee that December 29th 2012 will be the exact date. BUT

BUT This is where stuff really gets weird, if you follow the trail of prophesying (even on the net) certain routes will lead you to the New World Order, the One World Government after the horrendous event that brought the world to war.This eventually will bring you to the veiled forces of the Illuminati, Freemasons, whose orgins date back from the crusades all the way from the pyramids.

yea it's a long trail of researching but you will discover something value, whether you believe in this type of stuff or not. It's worth looking into. and maybe you'll make a few revelations yourself on the future. Because all of the sources, all of the signs, stories, quatrains, religious texts, and etc. are telling us something in our iminent future will forever alter the human race. All you have to do is look on the news and certain verifying facts of these prophecies are already there.

Although we can't prove it first hand that all these are true (until it actually happens), the Most Important Question To Raise is

What is Our Government Doing?

you can call me crazy, but all you have to do is show the will to seek these answers and you'll ask these same questions yourself.

joey101010

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 joey101010
Member since 2003 • 7521 Posts
What is Our Government Doing?middito
I'm assuming this is all I need to read to know what your post is about.
Rikusaki

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 Rikusaki
Member since 2006 • 16634 Posts

[QUOTE="g-unit248"]i guess we'll have to wait till 2035 for the asteroid :PSim_genius
What asteroid o_O

The asteroid that coming over to my house! Its gonna be fun!

middito

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 middito

As i was saying earlier about a dates not being fully valid, it all depends on the event at hand. Use logical thinking, i can imagine that certain events will need a certain chain of previous events to lock that main event to being inevitable. It's obvious in our current time that we've already locked some global trials in our future. but i can only guess that certain biblical events arent fully locked yet.

Example (im making this example up so don't quote me)

-------------------------------

Prophecy: (random book page): Thy apple shall fall from his grace, and will smash on the kitchen floor. The hungery kids will cry, but their tear's shall be in vain. For another will come in their sight!

Event: Apple smashing on floor, kids cry.

Previous chain of events not told by the prophecy: The person holding the apple lost grip, releasing the apple.

-------------------------------

So thats my main point, Main events may not be written in stone untill a pre-cording event actually takes place.

But If i see something within the next 2-3 years that may lock an event in place. I'm going to the gun store buyingshotgun, rifle, boots, survival gear, (i'll probably take out a huge loan that i don't expect to pay back. i dont recommend doing these types of things unless your 80% sure) then i'll skip town for a few weeks or months (travel in groups). that's about as much as you can do if it's actually going to happen. but one thing i do know as fact is that the US government will not remain in it's current state this century.

X360PS3AMD05

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 X360PS3AMD05
Member since 2005 • 36320 Posts
It's not the end of the world per say, they explain it on the history channel. There's like a reboot or something that happens, it coincides with something else i forgot...........
foxhound_fox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#37 foxhound_fox
Member since 2005 • 98532 Posts
Funny... the Mayan calendar does not end in 2012, it just starts a new long count. People are always misinterpreting things. :roll:

It would make just as much sense to say that the world will come to an end in 2015 thanks to Nerv instigating the Human Instrumentality Project or "Third Impact" and all humans becoming one in the "Sea of LCL." :|
middito

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 middito
[QUOTE="middito"] What is Our Government Doing?joey101010

[QUOTE="Sim_genius"][QUOTE="g-unit248"]i guess we'll have to wait till 2035 for the asteroid :PRikusaki

What asteroid o_O

1. No, you shouldn't be careless/lazy on an important such as this. if it's true then it may save your life, if it's not true then you'll still learn something of value.

2. There have been reports on possible asteriod impacts within the next 30 years. (i think it's two, or the dates were changed due to more scientific input)

3. I try to be as honest and factual about this topic as much as i possibly can.

4. the information (factual or not)is out there all you have to do is search for it.

Rikusaki

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 Rikusaki
[QUOTE="joey101010"][QUOTE="middito"] What is Our Government Doing?middito

[QUOTE="Sim_genius"][QUOTE="g-unit248"]i guess we'll have to wait till 2035 for the asteroid :PRikusaki

What asteroid o_O

1. No, you shouldn't be careless/lazy on an important such as this. if it's true then it may save your life, if it's not true then you'll still learn something of value.

2. There have been reports on possible asteriod impacts within the next 30 years. (i think it's two, or the dates were changed due to more scientific input)

3. I try to be as honest and factual about this topic as much as i possibly can.

4. the information (factual or not)is out there all you have to do is search for it.

omg sorry. u scared me gosh! i thought the asteroid was coming over to my house and party, but i guess its gonna blow me up and kill me.

middito

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 middito
[QUOTE="soldier-dark"][QUOTE="SpaceMoose"]

GettingTired

Yes, but it shows that not everything they believed in holds credibility. They were good astronomers, yes. But it's the 21st century. Do you seriously believe they have figured out something that our advanced, well-educated astronomers can't? That's just silly.

Before the invading forces of the conquistadors, wiped out the aztecs and mayan civilizations. the mayans we're studying astronomy, math, astronomical cycles and equations for Thousands of years. just because we've developed computers within the last century doesn't mean we've ruled out every possible explainaton.

Rikusaki

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 Rikusaki

omg sorry. u scared me gosh! i thought the asteroid was coming over to my house and party, but i guess its gonna blow me up and kill me.

Rikusaki

LOL! ur funny

mac906

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 mac906
Member since 2005 • 22536 Posts
Hey, it's not a guarantee that it will hit us. :P
Rikusaki

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 Rikusaki

[QUOTE="g-unit248"]i guess we'll have to wait till 2035 for the asteroid :Pmac906
Hey, it's not a guarantee that it will hit us. :P

yay! can it come to my house then?

zombieman666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 137

#44 zombieman666
Member since 2006 • 3514 Posts

Im not worried ill be dead buy then anyway so better enjoy it wile i can ???

whodeysay85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 whodeysay85
Member since 2006 • 3237 Posts
the mayan calendar thing? they probably just didn't feel like adding on another year or something. They were around in like 600. Surprised they made a calendar this far.
SpaceMoose

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 SpaceMoose

GettingTired

Exactly. Being good astronomers does not mean that they could predict the future. They believed the sun was a god or something like that (not an uncomon belief in ancient religions). I think they might have been slightly mistaken.

If they were really so good at predicting the future, I guess their civilizations wouldn't have been wiped out now, would they?

Also, they are far from being the only ancient civilization that had worked out the length of a year.

normal_man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 normal_man
Member since 2005 • 1724 Posts
If the end of world gonna take place in 2012 better after the Euro 2012, maybe the Poland team would win :P And now serious, nobody can see out future, we have to wait...
SouL-Tak3R

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#48 SouL-Tak3R
Member since 2005 • 4024 Posts

lol There have been so many of these stupid end of the world prophecies why would you believe any of them?

They have yet to be true. Its a bunch of bull.

rudyroundhead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 rudyroundhead
Member since 2003 • 9612 Posts
Whatever does or doesn't happen, I have no control over it so I will be going about my day as I usually would. Probably start a couple of "ZOMG it's the end of the world" threads on GS.
Putzwapputzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 Putzwapputzen
Member since 2005 • 4462 Posts
yeah yeah, just another myth. we will all be fine :)