What's your opinion on Christmas?

• 159 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

soulless4now

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 0

#51 soulless4now
Member since 2003 • 41388 Posts

I like the egg nog, apple cider and food.

Don't care about the presents much since I'm old.

TonyDanzaFan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#52 TonyDanzaFan
Member since 2010 • 2973 Posts
yo homeboiiiii i use xmas as da hollidae to get me muhh motha fudgin moneyyyyyyy!!!!!!! i be usin dat midget shheeeeez and robbin santaa yo!!! gotta go to dat luv compartment sonnn!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! pimpin status every daeeee yeeeeehh yeeeehhhh (ICE CUBE STTYLE!!!!)
TonyDanzaFan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#53 TonyDanzaFan
yo n daa bezzt moviess be about xmas yooo jingle all the wayyyyy yeeehh yeeehhh!!!!!
Ballroompirate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#54 Ballroompirate
Member since 2005 • 26695 Posts

[QUOTE="Ballroompirate"]

[QUOTE="Kage1"]What I was going to say pretty much.

chessmaster1989

I agree it's sad how people use the excuse of lets have this day be special to be nice and caring to people/family. That should be almost an everyday thing, not a ******* holiday once a year.

Also **** mom and dads who brain wash their kids about santa, that is just sick.

You got a lot of coal as a kid didn't you?

No, common sense kicked in at an early age. How does santa get in a house without a chimney???

Avatar image for chessmaster1989
chessmaster1989

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#55 chessmaster1989
Member since 2008 • 30203 Posts

[QUOTE="chessmaster1989"][QUOTE="Ballroompirate"]

I agree it's sad how people use the excuse of lets have this day be special to be nice and caring to people/family. That should be almost an everyday thing, not a ******* holiday once a year.

Also **** mom and dads who brain wash their kids about santa, that is just sick.

Ballroompirate

You got a lot of coal as a kid didn't you?

No, common sense kicked in at an early age. How does santa get in a house without a chimney???

I figured out Santa wasn't real pretty early on, but it didn't make Christmas any less fun.
TonyDanzaFan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56 TonyDanzaFan
[QUOTE="Ballroompirate"]

[QUOTE="chessmaster1989"] You got a lot of coal as a kid didn't you?chessmaster1989

I figured out Santa wasn't real pretty early on, but it didn't make Christmas any less fun.

GO FUDGE YOURSELF!!!!!!!
XilePrincess

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57 XilePrincess
Member since 2008 • 13130 Posts

Ballroompirate
Well your parents are just crap liars then. Obviously they could have just said he can do the same thing he does to get back out the chimney (finger on the nose thing) to get in through windows or doors to deliver presents to children who don't have a chimney. Or the parents could make a thing of leaving a door or window unlocked (until the kid goes to bed) so Santa could get in. There are plenty of ways to make the story fit any family, you just have to adapt to the situation.
Pffrbt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#58 Pffrbt
Member since 2010 • 6612 Posts

I hate it. And not in a bah-humbug kinda way.

If it was one day, it would be fine. Fun, even.

But it's a fvcking month-and-a-half.:evil:

I had to listen to Jingle Bells and Winter Wonderland in the grocery store today. IN THE MIDDLE OF NOVEMBER!!!:|

:cry:

br0kenrabbit

They started doing that mid October here. It's way too f*cking early. By the time Christmas is actually here I'm burned out on it.

Avatar image for deactivated-5f9e3c6a83e51
deactivated-5f9e3c6a83e51

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

#59 deactivated-5f9e3c6a83e51
Member since 2004 • 57548 Posts

I dont really practice religion, but it just seems to be a fun time of the year. Most people are in good spiritis, and I get some nice vacation, meals, and visits with the family out of it.

konvikt_17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60 konvikt_17
Member since 2008 • 22378 Posts

yo homeboiiiii i use xmas as da hollidae to get me muhh motha fudgin moneyyyyyyy!!!!!!! i be usin dat midget shheeeeez and robbin santaa yo!!! gotta go to dat luv compartment sonnn!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! pimpin status every daeeee yeeeeehh yeeeehhhh (ICE CUBE STTYLE!!!!)TonyDanzaFan

yo n daa bezzt moviess be about xmas yooo jingle all the wayyyyy yeeehh yeeehhh!!!!!TonyDanzaFan

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSXUlraHiebUk5b4ouC6Y_

FMAB_GTO

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61 FMAB_GTO
Member since 2010 • 14385 Posts
Indifferent.
soulless4now

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#62 soulless4now
Member since 2003 • 41388 Posts

[QUOTE="TonyDanzaFan"]yo homeboiiiii i use xmas as da hollidae to get me muhh motha fudgin moneyyyyyyy!!!!!!! i be usin dat midget shheeeeez and robbin santaa yo!!! gotta go to dat luv compartment sonnn!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! pimpin status every daeeee yeeeeehh yeeeehhhh (ICE CUBE STTYLE!!!!)konvikt_17

yo n daa bezzt moviess be about xmas yooo jingle all the wayyyyy yeeehh yeeehhh!!!!!TonyDanzaFan

At least he isn't posting about Kendall Jenner again. lol
CHOASXIII

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#63 CHOASXIII
Member since 2009 • 14716 Posts

It's the most wonderful time of the year and also the worst time of the year.

Fightingfan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64 Fightingfan
Member since 2010 • 38011 Posts
I'm atheist so I personally don't celebrate it, but I do typically spend time with my family on that particular day.
konvikt_17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65 konvikt_17
Member since 2008 • 22378 Posts

[QUOTE="konvikt_17"]

[QUOTE="TonyDanzaFan"]yo n daa bezzt moviess be about xmas yooo jingle all the wayyyyy yeeehh yeeehhh!!!!!soulless4now

i must have missed that. what happen?

br0kenrabbit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#66 br0kenrabbit
Member since 2004 • 17859 Posts

[QUOTE="br0kenrabbit"]

I hate it. And not in a bah-humbug kinda way.

If it was one day, it would be fine. Fun, even.

But it's a fvcking month-and-a-half.:evil:

I had to listen to Jingle Bells and Winter Wonderland in the grocery store today. IN THE MIDDLE OF NOVEMBER!!!:|

:cry:

Pffrbt

They started doing that mid October here. It's way too f*cking early. By the time Christmas is actually here I'm burned out on it.

3499vs0.jpg

Avatar image for Chow_Mein_Kampf
Chow_Mein_Kampf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67 Chow_Mein_Kampf
Member since 2012 • 6203 Posts

Birthmas!

Woo-Hoo!

Lucky_Krystal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 1

#68 Lucky_Krystal
Member since 2011 • 1390 Posts

I only like Christmas because I get to spend time with family members I don't see everday. That is it.

Can't stand the stupid flurry of commercials that come right after (and sometimes before) halloween telling me to go buy a bunch of sh*t I don't need, the cheesy Christmas music, the terrible movies, The PC people telling me to say Happy Holidays or I'm an insensitive dumb f*ck, drunk douchebags on the road, and..the list goes on...

Cheleman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69 Cheleman
Member since 2012 • 8198 Posts

It's the most wonderful time of the year.

Allicrombie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

#70 Allicrombie
Member since 2005 • 26223 Posts
"Every idiot who goes about with 'Merry Christmas' on his lips, should be boiled with his own pudding, and buried with a stake of holly through his heart." "Humbug, I say!"
johnd13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71 johnd13
Member since 2011 • 11125 Posts

I used to love it as a kid but now I don' t really feel that excited any more. And besides that I have to go to my grandparents' place for 6 days which is in a small village on top of a mountain and there is no internet there...

tenaka2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72 tenaka2
Member since 2004 • 17958 Posts

A materialistic holiday? A time to help others? Get drunk on eggnog?

SonyNintendoFan

The pagan traditions are pretty cool, the religious side isn't to bad either.

sexyweapons

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#73 sexyweapons
Member since 2009 • 5302 Posts

I hate all the hype about it,but the actual day is pretty good.

PernicioEnigma

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#74 PernicioEnigma
Member since 2010 • 6662 Posts
I like Christmas. I'm not religious so it has no significance for me in that regard, but it's good to get together with family and I always have lots of nice food.
tumbIew33d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#75 tumbIew33d
Member since 2011 • 371 Posts
I love it! Spicy mushroom soup and hot eggs, dressing up the Yule stick, putting stockings in the fireplace, the little lines of Korean children peeking curiously through the window blinds. Christmas is truly a wondrous time.
hippiesanta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#76 hippiesanta
Member since 2005 • 10301 Posts
This is the kind of thread that Atheist would love to interfere
LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#77 LJS9502_basic
Member since 2003 • 178844 Posts
Wat too material now and the Black Friday hype needs to stop.
horgen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#78 horgen  Moderator
Member since 2006 • 127503 Posts
I like it, but working in retail has made me hate it until December.
Avatar image for deactivated-5b78379493e12
deactivated-5b78379493e12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#79 deactivated-5b78379493e12
Member since 2005 • 15625 Posts

It's a great time to see family, drink good beer, eat good food, and be nostalgic.

Of course, since our baby will be born right before Christmas this year, I'm sure we'll start some new traditions.

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#80 LJS9502_basic

It's a great time to see family, drink good beer, eat good food, and be nostalgic.

Of course, since our baby will be born right before Christmas this year, I'm sure we'll start some new traditions.

jimkabrhel
Hanging a baby on the Christmas tree?:P
FMAB_GTO

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#81 FMAB_GTO
This is the kind of thread that Atheist would love to interferehippiesanta
Fiends!
tenaka2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#82 tenaka2

This is the kind of thread that Atheist would love to interferehippiesanta

Why? Christmas is an ancient festival having only recently corrupted by the christian church. The traditional pagan elements are still the best bits :)

FMAB_GTO

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#83 FMAB_GTO

[QUOTE="hippiesanta"]This is the kind of thread that Atheist would love to interferetenaka2

Why? Christmas is an ancient festival having only recently corrupted by the christian church. The traditional pagan elements are still the best bits :)

Please take this question seriously, but did the pegans have a Santa Claus? Im really serious ;o
Jackc8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

#84 Jackc8
Member since 2007 • 8515 Posts

I love Christmas, it brings back a ton of great memories from when I was a kid, and even better we've got our own kids now and seeing them being so happy and enjoying everything so much is by far the best part. I love going and picking out a tree, bringing it home and decorating it, and watching the presents accumulating under it as my wife drags me out to the mall again and again and again :D We've got Rudolph and Frosty and the Little Drummer Boy on DVD and we watch those movies while sipping eggnog on the nights leading up to Christmas Eve...it's an awesome time of the year.

MrPraline

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#85 MrPraline
Member since 2008 • 21351 Posts
[QUOTE="tenaka2"]

[QUOTE="hippiesanta"]This is the kind of thread that Atheist would love to interfereFMAB_GTO

Please take this question seriously, but did the pegans have a Santa Claus? Im really serious ;o

No, he's the evil love child of Saint Nicholas and Coca Cola's marketing department.
tenaka2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#86 tenaka2

[QUOTE="tenaka2"]

[QUOTE="hippiesanta"]This is the kind of thread that Atheist would love to interfereFMAB_GTO

There are various sources

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Santa_Claus#Influence_of_Germanic_paganism_and_folklore

Numerous parallels have been drawn between Santa Claus and the figure ofOdin, a major god amongst theGermanic peoplesprior to theirChristianization. Since many of these elements are unrelated to Christianity, there are theories regarding thepaganorigins of various customs of the holiday stemming from areas where the Germanic peoples were Christianized and retained elements of their indigenous traditions, surviving in various forms into modern depictions of Santa Claus

FMAB_GTO

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#87 FMAB_GTO
[QUOTE="FMAB_GTO"][QUOTE="tenaka2"]

MrPraline

No, he's the evil love child of Saint Nicholas and Coca Cola's marketing department.

I see~ Thanks Praline < 3
FMAB_GTO

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#88 FMAB_GTO

tenaka2

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Santa_Claus#Influence_of_Germanic_paganism_and_folklore

Numerous parallels have been drawn between Santa Claus and the figure ofOdin, a major god amongst theGermanic peoplesprior to theirChristianization. Since many of these elements are unrelated to Christianity, there are theories regarding thepaganorigins of various customs of the holiday stemming from areas where the Germanic peoples were Christianized and retained elements of their indigenous traditions, surviving in various forms into modern depictions of Santa Claus

This is even better THANKS! Odin huh...hmm.....
tenaka2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#89 tenaka2

[QUOTE="tenaka2"]

[QUOTE="FMAB_GTO"] Please take this question seriously, but did the pegans have a Santa Claus? Im really serious ;oFMAB_GTO

This is even better THANKS! Odin huh...hmm.....

Well to be fair he is an old beared guy who brings children presents there are going to be many parallels.

chaz1911

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#90 chaz1911
Member since 2012 • 76 Posts

starting to hate it all ready have to listen to shody christmas music at work all day every day and its not even december ITS DRIVING ME CRAZY.

FMAB_GTO

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#91 FMAB_GTO

Well to be fair he is an old beared guy who brings children presents there are going to be many parallels.

tenaka2
mhmm
MrPraline

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#92 MrPraline
Member since 2008 • 21351 Posts
[QUOTE="tenaka2"]

FMAB_GTO
mhmm

Here's the guy I mentioned: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Saint_Nicholas
FMAB_GTO

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#93 FMAB_GTO

MrPraline
mhmm

Here's the guy I mentioned: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Saint_Nicholas

Thanks.
coasterguy65

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#94 coasterguy65
Member since 2005 • 7133 Posts

I haven't enjoyed Christmas for years. More hassle than it's worth if you ask me. It's too damn commercial now.If I didn't have kids I doubt I would even put up a tree anymore.

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#95 LJS9502_basic

[QUOTE="hippiesanta"]This is the kind of thread that Atheist would love to interferetenaka2

I'd believe you if you said winter solstice....but Christmas...Christ's Mass....pagan....seriously.
The_High_Rule

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#96 The_High_Rule
Member since 2012 • 25 Posts
Christmas and I have a love-hate relationship
markop2003

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#97 markop2003
Member since 2005 • 29917 Posts
It's not for me ATM, it's a holiday for kids and close families.
Avatar image for BenedictArnold7
BenedictArnold7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#98 BenedictArnold7
Member since 2012 • 743 Posts
I hate it because ever since I was around 9 I got nothing but a sweater or two... and the rest of my family got kick ass presents. I know it isn't supposed to be about presents, but it was about presents for my family and since I didn't get any presents... it sucked. You dig?
tenaka2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#99 tenaka2

[QUOTE="tenaka2"]

[QUOTE="hippiesanta"]This is the kind of thread that Atheist would love to interfereLJS9502_basic

I'd believe you if you said winter solstice....but Christmas...Christ's Mass....pagan....seriously.

Its well documented that the church moved jesus's birth date back to coincide with the pre-existing pagan festival, don't be disingenuous.

TonyDanzaFan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#100 TonyDanzaFan

[QUOTE="konvikt_17"]

[QUOTE="TonyDanzaFan"]

[QUOTE="TonyDanzaFan"]yo n daa bezzt moviess be about xmas yooo jingle all the wayyyyy yeeehh yeeehhh!!!!!soulless4now

Bow down to your master, TonyDanzaFan!

Kendall%20Jenner%20Xmas%20Day%202011.jpg