Whats with this movie "Cloverfield"?

• 66 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

RandomTask221

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 34

User Lists: 0

#1 RandomTask221
Member since 2005 • 7795 Posts
I have seen multiple trailers for this movie, but no one seems to know what its about.. even on Wikipedia, it doesn't say exactly what it is... Anyone have any idea? Godzilla 2 perhaps?
killer_is_me

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 killer_is_me
Member since 2007 • 1939 Posts
idk but it looks awesome
Wowzer7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 Wowzer7
Member since 2004 • 160 Posts
It is a monster movie. But instead of Japan, it's in America! Yes! I'm probably going to see it.
gotdangit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 gotdangit
Member since 2005 • 8151 Posts
Lol me and my friends were watching that trailer while going to watch AvP and I was like "Run it's Godzilla!" hehe, than it said Cloverfield and fealt empty inside.
tacosrule193

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#5 tacosrule193
Member since 2007 • 780 Posts

lets just say...they r trying to make some $$$$$$$$$$$

Avatar image for guardian2angel1
guardian2angel1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#6 guardian2angel1
Member since 2006 • 4682 Posts
I'm not too sure what it's about. But after seeing the trailer numerous times, it sure looks interesting. I'll be seeing it, most likely.:)
cowboymonkey21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 cowboymonkey21
Member since 2007 • 5297 Posts
I think it's about a gaint lion.
jus2nyce

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 jus2nyce
Member since 2005 • 1574 Posts
I think I saw a tentacle when a trailer previewed at the AvP:R movie
MarineJcksn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#9 MarineJcksn
Member since 2007 • 1675 Posts

The way I've heard it described is basically Lost meets Godzilla meets The Blair Witch Project. Most of the movie is supposed to be filmed just like Blair Witch, shaky HandyCam style. The concept art of the monster looks kinda like a mix between a whale, a rhino and godzilla. I've linked the website with the "final" monster design on it.

Could be good. JJ Abrams is great with Lost so I'm interested in the movie.

http://www.massiveblack.com/stabby/paint16.jpg

makaveli2344

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 makaveli2344
Member since 2007 • 3106 Posts

Its a movie about a monster attack on new york

It looks sweet

race_suace

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 race_suace
Member since 2006 • 1685 Posts

The way I've heard it described is basically Lost meets Godzilla meets The Blair Witch Project. Most of the movie is supposed to be filmed just like Blair Witch, shaky HandyCam style. The concept art of the monster looks kinda like a mix between a whale, a rhino and godzilla. I've linked the website with the "final" monster design on it.

MarineJcksn

dang that thing looks wierd

UTXII

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#12 UTXII
Member since 2007 • 3448 Posts

I dunno, dude, but it looks great.

So much different than the standard intense action horror films. IMO, it should be interesting; it is a must see.

yagr_zero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#13 yagr_zero
Member since 2006 • 27850 Posts
It's a monster movie like that of a Godzilla, but we'll only see it from the view points of someone caught during the attack, not from the monster's view point or from that of the military.
towie777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 towie777
Member since 2007 • 162 Posts
who knows what it could be but it sure got my attention i want to see this movie now just to know what is going on.
Avatar image for NavigatorsGhost
NavigatorsGhost

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 NavigatorsGhost
Member since 2006 • 6483 Posts

Its not going to live up to its hype. Its all marketing. Ooohh, J.J. Abrams, apparent end of the world scenario, lets go see it...

munu9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 munu9
Member since 2004 • 11109 Posts
I have a fealing it's going to be a meh movie...
squitsquat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 squitsquat
Member since 2005 • 1990 Posts
thats how they make money. you wonder wtf is that movie about and you see it the only thing is that you will only see the monster once and it will probably be something like its toe.
Hallenbeck77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 Hallenbeck77  Moderator
Member since 2005 • 16879 Posts

The only thing this movie had going for it is the whole viral marketing angle. Back this past summer,we only knewit by it's releasedate, (1-18-08,or Project Cloverfield...the filmmakers were intent on keeping the real mane of the movie secret.) Come a few months later, the announced the name of the movie, which is....Cloverfield.

Way to be imaginative with the title.:roll: If that's any indication of what we're in for when it's released, I'm not impressed.

Putzwapputzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 Putzwapputzen
Member since 2005 • 4462 Posts
ive seen the trailer for this movie and it doesnt look that bad. i just dont like the weird camera footage, but i am interested in know wut attacked the city.
solidgamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 solidgamer
Member since 2005 • 7542 Posts
pokemon attack
Kikouken

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#23 Kikouken
Member since 2006 • 15913 Posts
I can't wait to see it.
killer_is_me

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 killer_is_me
Member since 2007 • 1939 Posts

pokemon attacksolidgamer

they need pokeballs then!

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 1005
Member since 2003 • 3738 Posts

I'm undecided about the movie since the trailer showed me nothing of interest except a big explosion, the head of the statue of liberty being bowled down a street and a sound that reminded me of the BigDaddy from BioShock.

I'm not really a fan of the "shakey handheld camera" style and i cant stand films that try to be all mysterious and keep details hidden and secret. I find my interest in a film peaks more if i see some exciting footage of a film or concept art of a monster etc. But so far with Cloverfield i have seen neither and the concept art of the monster floating round the internet still hasn't been flagged as canon yet.

And why is the film called Cloverfield?...hmm i think during the typing of this post i have a feeling of "meh" about the film.

dissonantblack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 dissonantblack
Member since 2005 • 34009 Posts
it's not a godzilla movie. i can tell you that much.
LAZZOR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#27 LAZZOR
Member since 2006 • 5000 Posts

MarineJcksn

I highly doubt that what it looks like. If the monster got leaked early J.J. would start smashing heads in. My guess is they won't even show the thing until the end of the movie.

Wilfred_Owen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 34

#28 Wilfred_Owen
Member since 2005 • 20964 Posts

And why is the film called Cloverfield?...hmm i think during the typing of this post i have a feeling of "meh" about the film.

I thinks its called that because maybe it was the place where a CREEPY OHHHHH SCARY military experiment went wrong and now its raisian all kinds of hell in New York City. Like a massive overbudget godizilla 2000 movie.
LAZZOR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 LAZZOR
[QUOTE="1005"]

Wilfred_Owen

I thinks its called that because maybe it was the place where a CREEPY OHHHHH SCARY military experiment went wrong and now its raisian all kinds of hell in New York City. Like a massive overbudget godizilla 2000 movie.

It's not a military experiment. Judging from the various ARG/viral websites it's somekind of biological mutation a la Godzilla.

Decko5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#30 Decko5
Member since 2004 • 9428 Posts
i liked the teaser trailer. it looked like amatuer camera work. it looked so scary. but now it looks too cinematic and fake
hoola

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 hoola
Member since 2004 • 6422 Posts
The movies with the different cameras are really cool. That is probably why i liked 28 Days later. This one looks to be even better.
Darthmatt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#32 Darthmatt
Member since 2002 • 8970 Posts
I hope its not one of those movies where you never see the monster and it turns out to all be a dream. The credits would read "Gottcha!!"
MrGeezer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 MrGeezer
Member since 2002 • 59765 Posts

It's VOLTRON.

In the trailer you can clearly hear someone saying "I saw it! It's a lion! It's huge!"

Giant lion = Voltron.

REforever101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 REforever101
Member since 2005 • 11223 Posts

cant really put my finger on it, but the movie just looks good. its had me since that first trailer tagged onto transformers. the one where it doesnt even tell you the name of the movie

and i just realized something. if it takes place in NYC, why is it called Cloverfield?

Avatar image for ReverseCycology
ReverseCycology

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 ReverseCycology
Member since 2006 • 9717 Posts

I hope its not going to be all scenes behind the camera like Blair Witch Project.

REforever101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 REforever101
Member since 2005 • 11223 Posts

I hope its not going to be all scenes behind the camera like Blair Witch Project.

ReverseCycology

it is

MichaeltheCM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#37 MichaeltheCM
Member since 2005 • 22765 Posts
who knows but it sure looks dumb imo
Big_Bad_Sad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 Big_Bad_Sad
Member since 2005 • 18243 Posts

It's VOLTRON.

In the trailer you can clearly hear someone saying "I saw it! It's a lion! It's huge!"

Giant lion = Voltron.

MrGeezer
They say "It's alive", not a lion.
TheManOfChoice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 TheManOfChoice
Member since 2003 • 4148 Posts
[QUOTE="Wilfred_Owen"][QUOTE="1005"]

LAZZOR

It's not a military experiment. Judging from the various ARG/viral websites it's somekind of biological mutation a la Godzilla.

Mutation? On the website it hints that its some alien. Hell you have to figure out codes in some different weird language on a ball that seems like it crash landed on earth.

TheManOfChoice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 TheManOfChoice
Member since 2003 • 4148 Posts
[QUOTE="MarineJcksn"]

LAZZOR

I highly doubt that what it looks like. If the monster got leaked early J.J. would start smashing heads in. My guess is they won't even show the thing until the end of the movie.

It might be a little monster running around. Otherwise that thing just doesn't look epic enough to me to be the big bad monster in the movie.

RamboSymbiot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 RamboSymbiot
Member since 2007 • 6302 Posts

Behold!! The Cloverfield monster!!

ert

halo3-player

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#42 halo3-player
Member since 2006 • 6036 Posts
DUde that was so weird the expiration date on the chip dip was 1 18 08
Known2regect

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#43 Known2regect
Member since 2007 • 417 Posts
I dont know but that screenshot powns. That thing is freaky.
LAZZOR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 LAZZOR
[QUOTE="LAZZOR"][QUOTE="Wilfred_Owen"][QUOTE="1005"]

TheManOfChoice

Mutation? On the website it hints that its some alien. Hell you have to figure out codes in some different weird language on a ball that seems like it crash landed on earth.

Alien? What are you talking about?

k_smoove

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

#45 k_smoove
Member since 2006 • 11954 Posts
[QUOTE="TheManOfChoice"][QUOTE="LAZZOR"][QUOTE="Wilfred_Owen"][QUOTE="1005"]

LAZZOR

Well, the trailers say, "something has found us", implying something out of this world.

It's called Cloverfield because that's the name of the government unit that was assigned to cover this event. I think I'm going to have to see the movie no matter what now, since I've been hyped since the first trailer at Transformers.

LAZZOR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 LAZZOR
[QUOTE="LAZZOR"][QUOTE="TheManOfChoice"][QUOTE="LAZZOR"][QUOTE="Wilfred_Owen"][QUOTE="1005"]

k_smoove

Well, the trailers say, "something has found us", implying something out of this world.

It's called Cloverfield because that's the name of the government unit that was assigned to cover this event. I think I'm going to have to see the movie no matter what now, since I've been hyped since the first trailer at Transformers.

Here's a list of all the viral sites I've found

• http://www.tidowave.com/
  • http://www.slusho.jp/
  • http://tagruato.jp/

ps3wizard45

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#47 ps3wizard45
Member since 2007 • 12907 Posts

i hate those type of adds they realy are affective because there confusing and you want to see whats going on man i cant wait to see it

k_smoove

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

#48 k_smoove
Member since 2006 • 11954 Posts

Here's a list of all the viral sites I've found

• http://www.tidowave.com/
  • http://www.slusho.jp/
  • http://tagruato.jp/

LAZZOR

The Tagruato one has a whale underneath its logo and in the top corner of its "site". And it's an underwater drilling company, suggesting some sort of water-based (most likely part-whale) monster. Thanks for showing me these!

MarineJcksn

No offense, but what proof do you have of that being official? I believe you, but I want to know for sure before I post this all over the place and look like a n00b.

Bourbons3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#49 Bourbons3
Member since 2003 • 24238 Posts
idk but it looks awesomekiller_is_me
Agreed.
jodamn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 47

#50 jodamn
Member since 2007 • 893 Posts
I'll see it. Then again, I saw AvP 2, so you know I'll see pretty much anything. :D