What's the point of heavy metal? It shouldn't exist.

• 117 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

trust_nobody

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 0

#101 trust_nobody
Member since 2003 • 3356 Posts

[QUOTE="trust_nobody"] wouldn't say any genre of music is "crappy", except for teeny bopper music. Darth-Caedus
Crunkcore begs to differ.

Is that a type of music?

Xx_Hopeless_xX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#102 Xx_Hopeless_xX
Member since 2009 • 16562 Posts

[QUOTE="trust_nobody"] wouldn't say any genre of music is "crappy", except for teeny bopper music. Darth-Caedus

I didn't even know there was such a genre lol..:lol:

Darth-Caedus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#103 Darth-Caedus
Member since 2008 • 20756 Posts

[QUOTE="Darth-Caedus"][QUOTE="trust_nobody"] wouldn't say any genre of music is "crappy", except for teeny bopper music. trust_nobody

Is that a type of music?

Yes...just barely...but yes.

Darth-Caedus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#104 Darth-Caedus
Member since 2008 • 20756 Posts

[QUOTE="Darth-Caedus"][QUOTE="trust_nobody"] wouldn't say any genre of music is "crappy", except for teeny bopper music. Xx_Hopeless_xX

Here, let me fix that for you. :cry:
trust_nobody

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#105 trust_nobody
Member since 2003 • 3356 Posts

[QUOTE="trust_nobody"]

[QUOTE="Darth-Caedus"]Crunkcore begs to differ.Darth-Caedus

Is that a type of music?

Yes...just barely...but yes.

:lol:I swear someone on GS has that as a username.

Saturos3091

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#106 Saturos3091
Member since 2005 • 14937 Posts

A prime display of ignorance! I applaud you good sir for your, original, well-thought out, and deep argument.

Xx_Hopeless_xX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#107 Xx_Hopeless_xX

[QUOTE="Xx_Hopeless_xX"]

[QUOTE="Darth-Caedus"]Crunkcore begs to differ.Darth-Caedus

Here, let me fix that for you. :cry:

wow...that...was...horrible..

cyberdarkkid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#108 cyberdarkkid
Member since 2007 • 16777 Posts
I'm not going to bother with this guy. Good day sir!
z4twenny

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#109 z4twenny
Member since 2006 • 4898 Posts

im glad the TS only listened to part of one song before he made his overwhelmingly declarative statement.

Soniczero1993

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#110 Soniczero1993
Member since 2005 • 35070 Posts

Metal is perfect for me seeing I hate every other form of music. I'm the kind of guy who likes to play a shooter with Metallica music or something, or Slayer's Angel of Death as I slaughter all who oppose me.

PistolGripPump

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#111 PistolGripPump
Member since 2009 • 199 Posts

You can't even hear the lyrics to the song of the dude singing and all it is is shaking your head up and down like crazy. I'd rather listen to Soulja Boy and I HATE Soulja Boy.

Blazerdt47
Just curious if there are specific bands you are referring to?
Avatar image for deactivated-6016f2513d412
deactivated-6016f2513d412

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#112 deactivated-6016f2513d412
Member since 2007 • 20414 Posts
Not all nu metal bands are crappy..:(...and you're right about the instrument thing..if that's "no talent" then it sure sounds better then people like lady gaga who have " a lot" of talent..Xx_Hopeless_xX
Nah, not all of them are crappy. There are some good ones, but I'm just assuming that the TC has only listened to the crappy ones or is just closed-minded and just wants to hate something. I used to be way into nu metal actually. :lol:
cornholio157

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#113 cornholio157
Member since 2005 • 4603 Posts

[QUOTE="Blazerdt47"]

You can't even hear the lyrics to the song of the dude singing and all it is is shaking your head up and down like crazy. I'd rather listen to Soulja Boy and I HATE Soulja Boy.

PistolGripPump

Just curious if there are specific bands you are referring to?

i am wondering aswell.TC you cant generalize so easily with metal its a very very broad group of bands with varrying speeds, vocal stile, guitar stile, looks, overall sound. lyrical contentetc. you may not like some youve heard, most likely more modern bands. doesnt mean there arent some modern and alot of older bands who you wouldnt like.

PS: i know stile isnt right but GS blocks the correct spelling:x

Emraldo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#114 Emraldo
Member since 2004 • 1959 Posts

[QUOTE="t3hrubikscube"]I used to be really really into metal and most of its subgenres. I'm not anymore, but I don't think that it's bad music. Of course there bad metal bands, but there are bad bands of every genre. I don't think that it's pointless, and I don't think that playing in a metal band lacks talent. Blazerdt47
There is just no talent at all. And did you see that band that played at the end of the VGA awards??? OMG they were terrible!

So you're basing this on the band that the VGAs (VGAs?!) could get to play? I see your problem.

/thread.

Xx_Hopeless_xX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#115 Xx_Hopeless_xX

[QUOTE="Xx_Hopeless_xX"]Not all nu metal bands are crappy..:(...and you're right about the instrument thing..if that's "no talent" then it sure sounds better then people like lady gaga who have " a lot" of talent..t3hrubikscube
Nah, not all of them are crappy. There are some good ones, but I'm just assuming that the TC has only listened to the crappy ones or is just closed-minded and just wants to hate something. I used to be way into nu metal actually. :lol:

I'm really not sure what genre i'm "into"..probably something between Nu-Metal and "Hard" rock..just listen to the bands in my sig :P..

RED_ESPADA

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#116 RED_ESPADA
Member since 2010 • 25 Posts

I have joined this forum for one reason, to correct you who started the thread. I would love to have an intelligent argument with you but, for someone who says a type of music shouldn't exist, i will tell my opinion on a level you will comprehend. YOU R SOOOOO STUPID I LISTEN TO ALL GENRES OF MUSIC AND HEAVY METAL AND DEATH METAL ARE MY FAVORITE GENRES!!!!! THE HAVE INSPIRED SO MUCH THAT RAP OR INDIE COULD NEVER DO. WHO REMEMBERS JIBBS WITH "CHAIN HANG LOW"? NOBODY! WHO REMEMBERS IRON MAN? EVERY BODY!! IRON MAN CAME OUT WAAAAAAAY BEFORE JIBBS!!! I am not trolling but, i cannot stand this thread! True i hate black metal and Manowar (who i love) thinks they're vikings, but still, there is a reason a lot of metal songs talk about why its a gift from the gods, IT IS!

Buck_Hotep

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#117 Buck_Hotep
Member since 2003 • 10589 Posts

Blazerdt47

Seems someone thinks metal is just screaming and guttural sounds. Listen to some Blind Guardian, Bathory, Turisas, Mastodon and Mantic Ritual. I can clearly understand what they're singing about over the riffs and chords.