What's been your lowest low and highest height?

DEVILinIRON

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By DEVILinIRON
Member since 2006 • 8773 Posts

I guess my lowest low was when I had a part time job and it resulted in me living as an "artist" living in my "studio". It was often dark and lonely up there, on winter nights.

My greatest height would when be when I was having a manic episodes buying things that I shouldn't. Thinking the world was watching and I on top the world.

You?

dracula_16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 26

#2  Edited By dracula_16
Member since 2005 • 16000 Posts

The lowest part of my life was when I was suicidal. I'm not any more, but it was a terrible feeling. The highest high is something I experience all the time; it's the feeling I get when I meditate. All of my stress goes away. It's basically a spiritual orgasm.

Avatar image for PfizersaurusRex
PfizersaurusRex

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#3 PfizersaurusRex
Member since 2012 • 1503 Posts

I'm pretty low right now. Someone stole money off my bank account. Wish I could say I was careless and now I learned my lesson, but I really wasn't and it still happened. It's a weird feeling, moving on like nothing happened, cause what else can you do, and you know some scammer has your 2 month salaries. Still counting on getting it back, tho. Banks do that. Sometimes.

As for highs, I don't get high, I get drunk sometimes. Moderately.

brimmul777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 52

User Lists: 2

#4 brimmul777
Member since 2011 • 6089 Posts

Lowest point:Schizophrenia

High point: Moving in Western Canada

Nirgal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#5  Edited By Nirgal
Member since 2019 • 686 Posts

@PfizersaurusRex: sorry to hear that dude. May I ask what happened?

Hope you get your money back.

Nirgal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Nirgal
Member since 2019 • 686 Posts

My lowest was my high school year. I was a massive nerd, got very bullied and ended up dropping out due to depression.

My highest I am still hoping hasn't arrived, but I was very popular in my last years of college and was very confident at the time.

Avatar image for deactivated-661eae767772c
deactivated-661eae767772c

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 deactivated-661eae767772c
Member since 2022 • 245 Posts

Lowest Point: 14yrs ago, I was living in a shitty single-wide with my first wife. We had broken windows covered with cardboard, rusty water and sometimes I was selling shit like my PS2 games for gas money to get to work.

Highest Point: I'm living it now. My wife and I make six figures each, live on a quarter acre with a 3800 sq. ft. home, built-in pool and built-in spa, home gym, two cars that are paid off, etc. I have a housekeeper, landscaper and a pool guy (probably going to fire him).

PfizersaurusRex

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 PfizersaurusRex

@nirgal: I just woke up with notifications on my phone saying my card was used in a betting shop.

lundy86_4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 lundy86_4
Member since 2003 • 61486 Posts

@PfizersaurusRex said:

@nirgal: I just woke up with notifications on my phone saying my card was used in a betting shop.

You... Didn't cancel your card?

PfizersaurusRex

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By PfizersaurusRex

@lundy86_4: Whadya mean? You can't cancel your card yesterday.

lundy86_4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 lundy86_4

@PfizersaurusRex said:

@lundy86_4: Whadya mean? You can't cancel your card yesterday.

What?

PfizersaurusRex

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 PfizersaurusRex

@lundy86_4: You can't "cancel" the fraud after the money is gone is what I mean. It's police business now.

lundy86_4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 lundy86_4

@PfizersaurusRex said:

@lundy86_4: You can't "cancel" the fraud after the money is gone is what I mean. It's police business now.

You cancel the card after the initial fraudulent activity. You said you woke up with further activity, which wouldn't happen had you cancelled the card.

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 86

User Lists: 2

#14 uninspiredcup
Member since 2013 • 58979 Posts

One time I heard two woman talking, one said "he's not THAT good looking" (indicating I was, but not top tier).

Nearly broke me.

Beyond that my entire family basically being dead, I guess. But I have dogs, so it's whatever.

The highest point was when I stopped a kid stealing a scooter. Owned the little bastard. Decimented him.

DanishAnwar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By DanishAnwar
Member since 2023 • 348 Posts

@PfizersaurusRex: Same thing happened to me in 2020. The fraudsters hacked my Google account and used my saved credit card on Google Play to make a weekly subscription of their own fake digital products of $500 per week.

I called my bank to block my credit card. While I was able to stop weekly subscription that would have wiped out my entire savings, the scammers stole 500 bucks,

The bank has still not refunded me the amount. I get monthly statements of my canceled credit card of -$500.

Lessons learned:

Never save credit card on Google Play or any other online store. Make payment and delete the card from account.

I had written a blog to raise awareness about this issue on Medium:

https://syeddanishanwer.medium.com/beware-of-1000-a-month-scam-on-google-play-that-google-supports-7c8467227b72

Don't download even free apps from unknown devs. Google Play is a den of fraudsters. Security gurus have reported some free apps contain malwares that can steal your credit card and other info stored on mobile.

I wonder how much they stole from your account. 500 bucks wasn't much for me as I earn a lot more, so I don't consider it as my lowest point in life.

PfizersaurusRex

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By PfizersaurusRex

@lundy86_4 said:
@PfizersaurusRex said:

You cancel the card after the initial fraudulent activity. You said you woke up with further activity, which wouldn't happen had you cancelled the card.

Maybe I wasn't clear, the fraud happened while I was asleep, and of course i blocked all my cards after I saw what happened.

br0kenrabbit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#17  Edited By br0kenrabbit
Member since 2004 • 17859 Posts

Highest high: 1995: 10 hits of blotter and an endless blunt. I swear that thing wouldn't burn down no matter how hard it was hit. Walking down that staircase with the landing half-way down and you turn 90 degrees was like the whole house rotating around me. Outside there was alphabets in the grass, rainbows around every light source, and depth to the stars. I felt...fully awake.

Lowest low: 2002: Divorcing, and putting all my shit in an 80 foot Ryder and driving by myself from Canada to Tennessee. Had two days on the truck to find somewhere to move in. Was not good times.

Atomic1977

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#18 Atomic1977
Member since 2004 • 344 Posts

My high was getting a OLED Switch for my 46th birthday. My low was when I had Covid.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 deactivated-661eae767772c

@Atomic1977 said:

My high was getting a OLED Switch for my 46th birthday. My low was when I had Covid.

Those are the highest and lowest points in your life?

mrbojangles25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#20 mrbojangles25
Member since 2005 • 58319 Posts

I had a pretty long spell from my mid-20's to about a year ago where I became morbidly obese (this was a long process that really got bad during COVID); was depressed all the time, essentially gave up on life...not suicidal, but more or less OK with the idea of dying at any point.

That kind of depression just permeates your entire life: your friendships, your family, your job. It's really bad.

My highest high has been the last year (almost to the day) where I started to lose weight, and began practicing gratitude as a regular habit.

Gratitude can't be underappreciated. And I don't mean gratitude towards the big things (though that's good too!), I mean gratitude regularly. A nice sunrise, seeing a friend, a well-cooked omelet, showing up to work on time, getting off of work on time...etc.

Rewiring my brain this way has been such a huge boon, and the weight loss just reinforces it.

@statisticalpc said:
@Atomic1977 said:

Those are the highest and lowest points in your life?

Nothing wrong with simple pleasures and a life that hasn't been that bad (though some folks got hit by COVID real hard, with hospital stays and worse, so who can say it wasn't that bad).

mrbojangles25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#21 mrbojangles25
Member since 2005 • 58319 Posts

@br0kenrabbit: Canada to Tennessee, eh? Was it quite a bit of culture shock?

firedrakes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#24 firedrakes
Member since 2004 • 4366 Posts

lowest point has been tail end of last year(oct) into this year.

health issues,insurance claim that took ten months to get money

drugs that i was put on was destroying my muscle system.

that taken a year to recover from.

this rates as worst year ever in my life.

DanishAnwar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By DanishAnwar
Member since 2023 • 348 Posts

My lowest low was in Sep. 2023 when I nearly died due to a maggot infection on head. It was an extremely painful ordeal. Thank God I survived and recovering.

I got a cut with blood in Aug. 2023, but didn't apply any band aid. I had to suffer due to one damn fly.

My highest high was in Feb. 2019 when I got married. The next high point of my life was when a son was born a year later, and the third 🥉 when my daughter was born last year.

Married life is like a lemon 🍋. It feels irritating at times. But the overall experience is positive when you learn to make lemonade.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By deactivated-661eae767772c
@mrbojangles25 said:

Nothing wrong with simple pleasures and a life that hasn't been that bad (though some folks got hit by COVID real hard, with hospital stays and worse, so who can say it wasn't that bad).

I didn't mean to remove the validity of his statement; simple pleasures are sometimes the best things in life. I love to look over my freshly cut lawn with a beer in hand :).

I just meant in the grand scope of things....I guess that could mean something different depending on how long you've been alive or what kind of shit you've been through.

Also, I can relate to your battle with weight gain; I'm 6ft tall and prior to 2020 and COVID-19, I weighed in around 175lbs. After dealing with external family problems, protecting my wife and son from external family, moving 1300 miles to the southwest and becoming a functioning alcoholic, I currently weight in at 245lbs.

SargentD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By SargentD
Member since 2020 • 8223 Posts

2011 was the low, sophomore year of college. Was dead broke trying to make rent while going to classes. Would buy a giant box of frozen tilapia to eat all month because I couldn't afford groceries. Durring this time my girl friend from high-school (3 year relationship) had started snorting pills and using heroin. She was hanging out with other girl friends her only cared about partying and getting high. I tried to get her clean but she was too far gone. I broke up with her because I couldn't be around it anymore. I was working alot and just trying to get through school. She was so pissed off I broke up with her she broke into my house while I was in class and waited for me in my room ( I was renting this house with 3 other dudes) When I showed up (with a friend of mine) told her to leave and she wouldn't, my buddy told her she need to get the f out and she snapped back at us, said if any of us touched her she'd call the cops and say we hit her, she said she wouldn't leave until until she got a chance to talk to me privately for just 5 minutes, I agreed to talk to her, she asked me to go I. The bathroom to talk, as soon as she shut the door behind us "to talk" she grabbed me by my hair (it was long at the time) and bashed it into bathroom window and smashed out all the glass and cut my head, my neighbor Dot (butch lesbian black chick covered in tattoos wearing a wife beater, yelled out "who TF broke that glass!!!" I yelled out " HELP. I was panicking cus I didn't want to hit her and she was wailing on me. Dot ran In The house and threatened to beat her house so she ran off to her car and left. And mind you this is after some other shit where a mutual friend of both me and my ex had died of an overdose like a month before and overall at this point I just hated everything and wanted to die. That was my lowest point.

2022 was my high last year. I got married to the love of my life. I've been killing it at my job and doing well for myself, I have a baby girl on the way with her now due in March. I've been working out alot and feel good. Overall life is good. So I'm going to keep riding this wave as long as it will let me. I'm sure something shitty will happen eventually, but recently things have been good and I feel grateful.

Atomic1977

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#28 Atomic1977
Member since 2004 • 344 Posts

Truth is not much has happened in my precious 46 years of life that has been that bad.

br0kenrabbit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#29  Edited By br0kenrabbit
Member since 2004 • 17859 Posts
@mrbojangles25 said:

@br0kenrabbit: Canada to Tennessee, eh? Was it quite a bit of culture shock?

I grew up in Tennessee, graduated HS here. Then it was Georgia for college, back home to TN for a bit, then North Carolina for work where I met this Canadian HS teacher who was down on a work exchange program.

Man, we were going to immigrate her to the US but they make that as hard as fucking possible. We had to go to Chicago (from NC), then a few months later to Buffalo, then we had to do all the International Police fingerprints and stuff, then they said she needed $35,000 to land. **** that we went to Canada and they were like "Hey, welcome home! We'll mail you everything!"

But yeah while I was up there, I was missing a lot of things. Biscuits and gravy. Warm summer nights. Civilization more than just a few dozen miles deep.

I settled in eventually, but I never got used to those winters.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 deactivated-661eae767772c

@sargentd: Jesus christ dude.

Well it sounds like if anything bad happens again, your current setup will help to buffer it. Congratulations on your soon-to-be-born baby.

SUD123456

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By SUD123456
Member since 2007 • 6949 Posts

Low was 10 yrs ago. I had a major medical problem and was told I had very little time left and should ensure my affairs were in order. Whole thing took about 14 months, including 5 months of physical rehab as my body had basically wasted away while they were trying to save me. When I pass away, I am going to donate seven figures to that hospital (3rd one that year) in recognition of the doctor that saved me when everyone else had given up.

Highs are quite a few including wife, daughter, successful career, and now retirement. But I think 1985 was likely the best as I took most of that year off and hitchhiked all over Europe and North Africa. On the otherhand maybe the best is yet to come as we are going to snowbird it to the Mediterranean for half the year, as soon as my wife joins me in retirement. I am Canadian and very much like it here, but fcuk the winter.