What Was Your Closest Brush With Death?

• 64 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Avatar image for black_chamber99
black_chamber99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 black_chamber99
Member since 2010 • 1696 Posts

mine was a car accident. i remember the paramedics telling me, after seeing the wreckage, that I shouldn't even be alive right now

:|

Crunchy_Nuts

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 Crunchy_Nuts
Member since 2010 • 2749 Posts
Went swimming in the river a couple of years ago when on holiday, the current got faster and then I went under for a couple of minutes. I was completely disoriented and couldn't tell which way was up, all the while the river is pulling me along with it. Luckily a couple of dudes on a boat saw me go under so they came and saved me.
Big_Pecks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#3 Big_Pecks
Member since 2010 • 5973 Posts

Rollover accident.

black_chamber99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 black_chamber99

Went swimming in the river a couple of years ago when on holiday, the current got faster and then I went under for a couple of minutes. I was completely disoriented and couldn't tell which way was up, all the while the river is pulling me along with it. Luckily a couple of dudes on a boat saw me go under so they came and saved me.Crunchy_Nuts

do you think you would've died if they weren't there?

carnage617

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 carnage617
Member since 2008 • 48 Posts

Yup when i was little at a water park, didn't know how to swim, me and a friend went down a dark slide thinking water was not deep, we were wrong. Luckily some guy saw my friend and picked him up, while i was sinking and my only response was grabbing my friends long hair thus saving my life. Another close call was 4 years ago during a gang shootout a bullet hit the wall next to me... thats as close as death i can get. soo far..

carnage617

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 carnage617
Member since 2008 • 48 Posts

mine was a car accident. i remember the paramedics telling me, after seeing the wreckage, that I shouldn't even be alive right now

:|

black_chamber99
Hella Lucky
MacBoomStick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 MacBoomStick
Member since 2011 • 1822 Posts

I died.

Guybrush_3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Guybrush_3
Member since 2008 • 8308 Posts

I put a loaded gun to my head, and I have stepped out in front of a speeding car once only to be pulled back at the last second by my dad. The car actually nicked my shoe.

Avatar image for Reverse-Machete
Reverse-Machete

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Reverse-Machete
Member since 2012 • 97 Posts
My tooth brush did get stuck in my throat one time and I though I would choke to de- OH, you mean close calls of death. Uh, none.
1PMrFister

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#12 1PMrFister
Member since 2010 • 3134 Posts
I once had to get out of a car and curl up in a ditch when a tornado blew over me. I only got soaking wet from the rain, but the roofs of two trailer homes not a hundred feet from me were torn clean off. I've been told that doing such a thing is no longer advised when stuck in tornado weather. Freaky stuff, man...
Avatar image for TwighlightBlade
TwighlightBlade

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 TwighlightBlade
Member since 2012 • 872 Posts

I've almost drown at five or so, among other things. Being a pyro who likes climbing to high places and doing flips and the like, probably doesn't help.

Avatar image for jerk-o-tron2000
jerk-o-tron2000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 jerk-o-tron2000
Member since 2007 • 10036 Posts

Nearly drowning in a pool.

supa_badman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#15 supa_badman
Member since 2008 • 16714 Posts

One day I was coming home from somewhere and I was crossing the sidewalk and I looked around me just to see the scenery, I guess

I saw a bus coming my way and I saw that it wasn't going to stop so I just stood there with the bus zoom by a couple feet away. If I didn't look up, I definitely woulda been run over.

soulless4now

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#16 soulless4now
Member since 2003 • 41388 Posts

A spider almost touched me.

-Makaveli-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 -Makaveli-
Member since 2003 • 10222 Posts

I was a stillbirth, so...dead.

Guybrush_3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 Guybrush_3
Member since 2008 • 8308 Posts

[QUOTE="Guybrush_3"]

I put a loaded gun to my head, and I have stepped out in front of a speeding car once only to be pulled back at the last second by my dad. The car actually nicked my shoe.

MacBoomStick

Isn't it pretty depressing that you didn't have the balls to pull the trigger? You should try again.

I might have if I hadn't been caught.

CHOASXIII

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#19 CHOASXIII
Member since 2009 • 14716 Posts

Probably when I was at this concrete tie place and Mexican people that didn't belong running overhead cranes were picking up giant equipment(some stuff weighed a ton or more) from lines and almost hitting me.

Avatar image for TwighlightBlade
TwighlightBlade

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 TwighlightBlade
Member since 2012 • 872 Posts

-Makaveli-
No someone who was strangled by their own ambilical cord, they're alive now though, obviously.
gamerguru100

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#21 gamerguru100
Member since 2009 • 12718 Posts

I was swishing some mouthwash and some of it I swallowed, but it went down my trachea instead of my esophagus, so I couldn't breathe for like 30ish seconds. Holy f***, was that scary.

-Makaveli-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 -Makaveli-
Member since 2003 • 10222 Posts

[QUOTE="-Makaveli-"]

TwighlightBlade

No someone who was strangled by their own ambilical cord, they're alive now though, obviously.

Dead as a doorknob.

Pikdum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 Pikdum
Member since 2010 • 2244 Posts

Car crash when I was 4. I still have the scars on my left cheek from where the window glass shattered and cut me.

Communist_Soul

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 Communist_Soul
Member since 2009 • 3080 Posts

I guess this morning when I got out of bed I step in a pile of dog crap, then on my way the washroom I slipped in dog puke, ended up smacking my head off the wall.

mjf249

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 24

#25 mjf249
Member since 2004 • 3000 Posts
I have had many near death experiences but closest thing to where I was scared was in Afghanistan. Hit an improvised explosive device in my vehicle, fortunately it was an MRAP. It has a V-hull which deflects the blast away from the vehicle. I broke both my legs, and spinal compression on the lower back. Never felt so vulnerable in my life laying in a field with no body armor for the medivac birds. Recovered well on my way out of the military. I got injured in Zhari District, Kandahar, Afghanistan. Pretty much the birth place of the Taliban and near the hometown of Mullah Omar.
Zeviander

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 Zeviander
Member since 2011 • 9503 Posts
Fortunately I have not had one yet.
Avatar image for paranoidpixie95
paranoidpixie95

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 paranoidpixie95
Member since 2009 • 2198 Posts

As a kid about ten years ago, I went tobogganing down a mountain but I didn't realise it was ice, not snow. As a result I lost control and bailed about five or six seconds before I would have fallen about 150 metres down the edge of the mountain.

codymcclain14

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#28 codymcclain14
Member since 2010 • 6017 Posts
The most life-threatening thing I've done is probably cut my self. :P F*ck I was stupid. -.-
black_chamber99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 black_chamber99

I have had many near death experiences but closest thing to where I was scared was in Afghanistan. Hit an improvised explosive device in my vehicle, fortunately it was an MRAP. It has a V-hull which deflects the blast away from the vehicle. I broke both my legs, and spinal compression on the lower back. Never felt so vulnerable in my life laying in a field with no body armor for the medivac birds. Recovered well on my way out of the military. I got injured in Zhari District, Kandahar, Afghanistan. Pretty much the birth place of the Taliban and near the hometown of Mullah Omar.mjf249

dude did you kill anybody?

RAGEofSTUNTS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 RAGEofSTUNTS
Member since 2010 • 733 Posts
I boy pushed a weight bar on my face that totaled to 150 pounds while i was laying on a incline bench for a few seconds in weight-lifting class. It hit just below my forehead, everything kinda went in slo-mo for a few seconds and then all of a sudden I'm bleeding, my nose is crooked, and I threw the weight bar across the room in a nerd rage. I've also had a very bad heat stroke at American Football practice and the ambulance toke forever to get there. I thought I passed out in the ambulance and woke up in the hospital, but everyone says I was still freaking out.
curono

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 21

#31 curono
Member since 2005 • 7722 Posts
Scorpion sting. It may sound harmless. But I really got wrong. After a week my leg was still numb. I watched the syndrome list in the fatal danger row and I had every symptom but respiratory stop. A friend (he is a medic) told me: "you were inches from death. You were practically hearing choruses."
Thefatness16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 Thefatness16
Member since 2010 • 4673 Posts

When I was 6, some chick ran into the corner store I was in. After that some dude ran in chasing after with a pistol and then she started begging for her life.He shot at her and missed, then said something to her in spanish. After that he just walked out leaving her crying on the floor.

All the while, I was only about 2 ft away from him. I was and to this day have never been so scared.

Shottayouth13-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 Shottayouth13-
Member since 2009 • 7018 Posts

Almost got hit by a bus. If I would have lived, I wud be pretty f*cking maimed.

The bus was going way too fast for the road it was on. The driver was honking the horn to try and tell me to get the fck out of his way but I wasn't even paying attention to that. Luckily my friend dragged me out of the way just in time.

mjf249

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 24

#34 mjf249
Member since 2004 • 3000 Posts

[QUOTE="mjf249"]I have had many near death experiences but closest thing to where I was scared was in Afghanistan. Hit an improvised explosive device in my vehicle, fortunately it was an MRAP. It has a V-hull which deflects the blast away from the vehicle. I broke both my legs, and spinal compression on the lower back. Never felt so vulnerable in my life laying in a field with no body armor for the medivac birds. Recovered well on my way out of the military. I got injured in Zhari District, Kandahar, Afghanistan. Pretty much the birth place of the Taliban and near the hometown of Mullah Omar.black_chamber99

dude did you kill anybody?

We have killed insurgents but everybody is generally firing at the same direction or they'd scatter. It would be pretty great distances I have never had a confirm kill but we have killed Taliban fighters I was in Ashoque part of Zhari. I was with the 1-12.
kitty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 kitty  Moderator
Member since 2006 • 115429 Posts
Happened on April 13th (friday) just after midnight. I have Esophageal Spasms My throat pretty much closed just as I was trying to eat something. I couldn't do anything really except struggle to breathe. I could maybe breathe once every minute and this lasted about 15 mins. Finally got sick and was okay after that. But I've lost my appetite and I noticed that I don't sound the same anymore.
cd_rom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 cd_rom
Member since 2003 • 13951 Posts
I almost drowned in a wave pool at a water park.
MathMattS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 59

#37 MathMattS
Member since 2009 • 4012 Posts

I've almost been in a car accident which could have killed me a couple of times. Then of course in 2007 I had Hodgkin's lymphoma (a blood cancer related to leukemia), stage 1. It was early, but still the biggest threat to my health ever. Thankfully, I'll be 5 years cancer-free this December.

tocool340

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#38 tocool340
Member since 2004 • 21652 Posts
I can recall 20 near death experiences, several that I'm amazed that I'm still alive....or question rather I'm still alive or not. I know I should have drowned, had my neck snapped, stray bullets zipped by my face, blood loss due to large shards of glass penetrating my body in several locations (When the Chicago Bulls won the championship in the 90s, bunch of people decided to start busting windows of cars. I was in one of the unfortunate cars....), electrocuted, and a handful of other experiences....
C2N2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 C2N2
Member since 2012 • 759 Posts

Had a very long surgery one time, over 10 hours... Anesthetics for that long are hard to account for... At one point my heart stopped, but revived moments later... So technically I did die and was brought back...

Didn't feel any different than normal after that (normal as in after a normal surgery), have had like 33 surgeries and waking up from them is always the same.

WiiCubeM1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 WiiCubeM1
Member since 2009 • 4735 Posts

I've been border-line mutilated more times than any normal human should, but I've never been "close to death". If I had to guess, probably when a Semi swiped me with it's mirror and sent me flying a couple of yards. The incident itself didn't do much (just a bruised up back), but if I had been standng 6 inches to the left, I might be dead.

ShadowsDemon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 ShadowsDemon
Member since 2012 • 10059 Posts
I was in a relationship.
ghoklebutter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 ghoklebutter
Member since 2007 • 19327 Posts
Nearly getting hit by a car in Sharjah, UAE when I used to cross the highway just to reach the local shopping mall.
wis3boi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 wis3boi
Member since 2005 • 32507 Posts

I went to System Wars

manjam2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#45 manjam2
Member since 2011 • 108 Posts

Came close to it once. I was about 5 and we are in Canada on a Lake. We took our rented Paddle Boat out with us. Once we are really far out on the lake, out boat begand to sink. I was freaking out because I couldn't swim. Luckily, there was a family coming by in their boat and they saved us.

hydralisk86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 hydralisk86
Member since 2006 • 8844 Posts
Was almost hit by a car the other day. The bus honked at me because that was about to happen, something like that. The girl who told me what happened said it was totally the driver's fault.
Utensilman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 Utensilman
Member since 2006 • 1571 Posts
appendix burst while i was on hallucinogens. For a little bit i thought it was all in my head until i was rushed to the emergency room.
hydralisk86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 hydralisk86
Member since 2006 • 8844 Posts
appendix burst while i was on hallucinogens. For a little bit i thought it was all in my head until i was rushed to the emergency room.Utensilman
:O That sounds really crazy.
ShadowsDemon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 ShadowsDemon
Member since 2012 • 10059 Posts

I went to System Wars

wis3boi
I never fully recovered....