What kind of driver are you?

• 90 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

CHOASXIII

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#51 CHOASXIII
Member since 2009 • 14716 Posts

I drive safe but fast when I need to. 

LordShockTitan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#52 LordShockTitan
Member since 2013 • 218 Posts

New Jersey has the worst drivers in the country I swear. That and PA maybe. Motokid6

Try living here in Los Angeles. Anyways, a bit nervous (got my license what, 3 weeks ago :O) and somewhat  impatient, but I will  find a way to manage it all.

pierst179

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 258

#53 pierst179
Member since 2006 • 10805 Posts

The kind that does not drive because he hasn't got a car. :(

GOGOGOGURT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#54 GOGOGOGURT
Member since 2010 • 4470 Posts

[QUOTE="GOGOGOGURT"]

[QUOTE="Motokid6"] Ditto. What track do you go too?Motokid6

Usually at firebird in Phoenix, but I heard it's closing soon.  I've also driven at Laguna Seca in Cali.  I want to get into B-class racing, but I just have to get the right car. :)

How bout you?

Laguna Seca? O now I'm jealous lol. I mainly go to New Jersey Motorsports Park. But I've been to limerock and Pocono a few timed. East coast venues. I drive an 06 Mustang Gt so once I get a competition licences ( probably through NASA ) I plan on running in American Iron.

Very cool, to be honest I only drove at laguna once.  Is american iron muscle cars only? Is it sponsored?  Because I drive a 2002 mustang GT, and I'm looking at a used RX-8.  But really I need to get a mini or miata to get into B-class.

KHAndAnime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#56 KHAndAnime
Member since 2009 • 17565 Posts
I pretty much go consistently 5-8 MPH over the speed limit, and closely tail people who don't. I treat everyone as if they don't know the right-of-way rules, so I'll consistently be wary and stop at intersections that don't have lights. I've never been ticketed. :)
soulless4now

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#57 soulless4now
Member since 2003 • 41388 Posts

A cautious one since there are so many butt heads on the S. Cali roads. 

GOGOGOGURT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58 GOGOGOGURT
Member since 2010 • 4470 Posts

[QUOTE="GOGOGOGURT"]

[QUOTE="Motokid6"] Laguna Seca? O now I'm jealous lol. I mainly go to New Jersey Motorsports Park. But I've been to limerock and Pocono a few timed. East coast venues. I drive an 06 Mustang Gt so once I get a competition licences ( probably through NASA ) I plan on running in American Iron.Motokid6

Very cool, to be honest I only drove at laguna once. Is american iron muscle cars only? Is it sponsored? Because I drive a 2002 mustang GT, and I'm looking at a used RX-8. But really I need to get a mini or miata to get into B-class.

Yea American Iron is muscle cars only. And Yes i do belive it is sponsored. BUT.. by all means GET A MIATA. If i could do it again i would. Everyone has them. Its my buddies go-to Race Car. There cheap. The parts are cheap. ( Especially brake pads ) The racing is cheap. EVERYTHING is cheap with those cars lol. And damn if they dont look like alot of fun. Because with a car like that its not about how much horse you got. Its about how good of a driver you are. Being able to keep your momentum up is key in a low horsepower car. You get killed in the straights, but.. so what?

Yeah I'm not one of those meatheads that think it's all about horsepower or torque.  Cuz it's not.  As long as the car is fairly sprightly (0-60 in under 8 seconds, throttle response) it's fine, as long as it's got a crisp manual gearbox.  I would normally get a Miata, because it is a true drivers car and would cars that cost 5x as much to shame in the driving dynamics and fun department.  But now that the subaru BRZ/scion FRS have landed, I've been seriously looking at those.  Golf GTI is an option as well.

And I totally agree with you on momentum, it's SOOOOO much fun to hit every apex, and even if you don't (Hint: I don't) it's still a blast, low horsepower cars are immensely underrated.  Probably because there's so many bland ones.

Zeviander

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#59 Zeviander
Member since 2011 • 9503 Posts
A great driver. One of the few things in life I refuse to be modest about.
KiIIyou

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60 KiIIyou
Member since 2006 • 27204 Posts
Does anybody think they're a bad driver? ;p
Sword-Demon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61 Sword-Demon
Member since 2008 • 7007 Posts
I daydream when I drive, so i'm not really sure
Avatar image for deactivated-5c74ba2955026
deactivated-5c74ba2955026

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62 deactivated-5c74ba2955026
Member since 2013 • 451 Posts
I am an aggressive and defensive driver. CursedChamp
KiIIyou

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63 KiIIyou
Member since 2006 • 27204 Posts
I daydream when I drive, so i'm not really sureSword-Demon
Do you think about new stories for the show Love Boat?
Cyberdot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64 Cyberdot
Member since 2013 • 3928 Posts

Safe driver who go within road speed limits.

I don't like to take risks and causing unnecessary danger.

Laihendi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65 Laihendi
Member since 2009 • 5872 Posts
I am a very good driver.
jun_aka_pekto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66 jun_aka_pekto
Member since 2010 • 25255 Posts

I'm a defensive driver. But, I have no hesitation whatsover in overtaking motorists who either drive below the speed limit or who are driving erratically. They want to screw around? Do it behind me.

clyde46

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67 clyde46
Member since 2005 • 49061 Posts
Does anybody think they're a bad driver? ;pKiIIyou
I've done some stupid things behind the wheel.
megam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68 megam
Member since 2003 • 457 Posts
I'm a fairly defensive driver. I do my best to go the speed limit, use cruise control whenever I can, and I make sure not to cross lanes when turning. I avoid texting and only answer the phone when I'm at a stop light. Finally, I always use my turn signals. Basically, I try to be the type of driver I'd like everyone else to be. That said, I'm in Austin, TX. And the drivers here (and the rest of Texas) are just terrible. They can't independently decide how fast they should go. That, or they don't know how to read their speedometers or the speed limit signs. They all just try to match the speed of the guy next to them. Invariably, they will hang out in blind spots, accelerate when you try to pass them (and slow down when you switch back to the slower lane behind them), and follow far too close in an effort to signal they want you to go faster (sane drivers just switch lanes and pass). Austin is made even worse because of the high population of young people who think they're great drivers and texters. I can't keep track of the number of times I've had to lay on the horn because drivers drift into my lane on the freeway or are too busy texting to pay attention to the light. The worst, though, are the lights with multiple turn lanes with the broken line indicating the different lanes drivers are supposed to follow as they turn. I've been run into the curb by several texters. And when it happens, I'm sure to let them know they screwed up with my horn. That should be enough of a message to people to turn their damn phones off. Nope. Catch up to them at the next stop light, glance over, and they're still dicking around on their phones.
IdioticIcarus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69 IdioticIcarus
Member since 2012 • 2167 Posts
I'm a bad driver.
k2theswiss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#70 k2theswiss
Member since 2007 • 16599 Posts

Does anybody think they're a bad driver? ;pKiIIyou

I know am lol

• speeding
  • passing
  • run red lights- ones where there is no traffic at all 
  • no turn single half the time 
  • earbuds

• I do avoid using the phone so ya

no matter what i will always say I give everyone good amount of room when i am stuck behind them though. I kinda giggle at some people behind me when i just be coasting behind someone else do to traffic some get inpatient and they attempt ride on my ass. I just think to my self "Where the F*ck you think you going?"

hippiesanta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#71 hippiesanta
Member since 2005 • 10301 Posts
I hate when people overtake me without giving signal ..... oh... I'm a revenge tpye of driver
mems_1224

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72 mems_1224
Member since 2004 • 56919 Posts
[QUOTE="mems_1224"][QUOTE="clyde46"]Sometimes I go out of my way to annoy tailgaters. clyde46
I do that too, I also mess with people I know are trying to cut me off. Ill speed up when they get next to me and slow down when there's a car in front of them or they're behind me. Its so fun.

I like to brake check people who are driving in my boot.

I just slow down and piss them off and when they switch lanes I speed up and repeat. lol
lamprey263

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#74 lamprey263
Member since 2006 • 44699 Posts
being that I drive a scooter most places I'm a very cautious and aware driver that tries to predict other drivers behaviors, and I try remaining aware of road conditions and the activities of other drivers and any potential dumb decisions they might make
Venom_Raptor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 124

#75 Venom_Raptor
Member since 2010 • 6959 Posts

I'm still new to driving, so I'm quite safe, but don't mind building up a bit of speed every now-and-then. Can't stand very slow drivers.

junglist101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#76 junglist101
Member since 2007 • 5517 Posts

[QUOTE="junglist101"]

I'm a driver who hates people who drive slow in the fast lane and I will cut around you in such a way to make sure you know your an idiot.  

I guess that makes me a mostly aggressive driver but I have a car that handles really well so it's hard not to put it to good use.

GOGOGOGURT

What car do you have.

Audi Q5. 

k2theswiss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#77 k2theswiss
Member since 2007 • 16599 Posts

I hate when people overtake me without giving signal ..... oh... I'm a revenge tpye of driverhippiesanta

lol one night I got off work and less then a mile down there is a street that is 2 lanes. at the light the lanes get really small and soon has you pass the light there is a sign says "right lane ends" Which i still don't understand why they don't make that right lane at light turn only. 

Anyways my co worker was behind me, and I was looking in the rear mirror this car comes up soon has the light change to green right after i start to go he cuts my friend off. So i slammed on the breaks and drove like 5mph i rest way down the road lol. 

Miroku32

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

#78 Miroku32
Member since 2006 • 8666 Posts
Defensive. Streets in my city are small and there are many cars so one must drive slow and defensive, especially by those *insert word here* that believe they are above the law.
killerfist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#79 killerfist
Member since 2005 • 20155 Posts
[QUOTE="clyde46"] Brake checking people is fine as they normally get the hint to back off but slowing down to a crawl causes people to take risks. A slow driver is just as bad a reckless one.

Nah, I'm not that bad. I slow down just enough to annoy them back. And I only in those cases on the highway that I'm already driving above the speed limit (like ~20kmh above) and really no space on the right lane. I don't feel like going out of their way on to the right lane which are filled with trucks that drive 100kmh max.
CKYguy25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#80 CKYguy25
Member since 2012 • 2087 Posts

will tell soonAcidThunder

don't drive yet?

MrsSolidSnake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#81 MrsSolidSnake
Member since 2009 • 5003 Posts

Safe with road rage.

pianist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#82 pianist
Member since 2003 • 18900 Posts

Conservative most of the time, but not in what you would call an over-cautious way.  I'm not "that guy" who's driving 40km/h in a 60 zone on a straight road because there's an inch of snow on the ground.  But I maintain distance from the car ahead of me, don't weave in and out of lanes, don't try to beat lights, and observe speed limits... mostly.

mrbojangles25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#84 mrbojangles25
Member since 2005 • 58534 Posts

aggressive but courteous, i.e. I am not afraid to go fast, seize opportunites, but at the same time I let people get in front of me if, for example, theyre merging and so forth.

Never caused an accident, never had a speeding ticket, never go lower than the speed limit (unless im in residential areas).

lonewolfman10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#85 lonewolfman10
Member since 2012 • 528 Posts

I'm a fast yet careful driver

Angie7F

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#86 Angie7F
Member since 2011 • 1175 Posts

I dont drive.

But when I do i am agressive. lol

iskeethunters

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#87 iskeethunters
Member since 2011 • 925 Posts
Uh.. I drive pretty fast and I break the speed limit in rural areas if it's possible. I've had no problems so far though.
binpink

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#88 binpink
Member since 2009 • 9163 Posts

I'm normally a safe and cautious driver, better to be safe than sorry.  I'm not sure what -exactly- road rage is so I don't know if I get it.  But I do know that when another driver really makes me angry I swear like crazy and let their bad driving get to me.

Serraph105

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#89 Serraph105
Member since 2007 • 36047 Posts

I've learned that the only way to drive safely is to be aware of those around me, and drive accordingly. If that gets me in trouble one day with the law for going over the speed limit (which it shouldn't) than so be it.

kriggy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#90 kriggy
Member since 2008 • 1314 Posts

I'm very aware of my surrondings while driving, I always look in the mirrors, and turn my head around when I change lanes etc. I love my car so I would go apesh!t if someone would damage it in any way.