What kind of driver are you?

• 90 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

CKYguy25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 CKYguy25
Member since 2012 • 2087 Posts

are you a safe driver, got road rage, or a very slow driver?

please share

Kats_RK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#2 Kats_RK
Member since 2010 • 2080 Posts

I don't drive :cry:

CursedChamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 CursedChamp
Member since 2013 • 485 Posts
I am an aggressive and defensive driver.
MaddenBowler10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 44

User Lists: 1

#4 MaddenBowler10
Member since 2005 • 8999 Posts
One of those that texts on his phone 99% of the time. Just kidding, I hate those people that do that.
XilePrincess

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 XilePrincess
Member since 2008 • 13130 Posts
Safe, and I try to follow traffic laws and err on the side of caution. I'd rather stop at a yellow than shoot on through. I also drive the speed limit or fairly close to, which gets people swerving around me when they're doing 20-30 clicks over what I am, when I'm already probably over the speed limit by a bit.
clyde46

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 clyde46
Member since 2005 • 49061 Posts
Sometimes I go out of my way to annoy tailgaters.
Darthmatt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#7 Darthmatt
Member since 2002 • 8970 Posts
I'm an awesome driver. I've been driving since I was 14 though (almost 20 years), so I have a lot of practice.
EvilSelf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 51

#8 EvilSelf
Member since 2010 • 3619 Posts

I am an aggressive and defensive driver. CursedChamp

Same here! ;)

mems_1224

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 mems_1224
Member since 2004 • 56919 Posts

I usually drive pretty fast but Im safe for the most part. I dont text or answer my phone, I dont fiddle with my mp3 player or do anything that distracts me. I kind of always have to be ready for some asshole on the road since I live in a big city. Its worked so far, I haven't gotten into a wreck and I've only had one ticket for speeding(I was going 40mph in a 35mph area)

mems_1224

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 mems_1224
Member since 2004 • 56919 Posts
Sometimes I go out of my way to annoy tailgaters. clyde46
I do that too, I also mess with people I know are trying to cut me off. Ill speed up when they get next to me and slow down when there's a car in front of them or they're behind me. Its so fun.
chaplainDMK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 chaplainDMK
Member since 2008 • 7004 Posts
I'm constantly going "why the hell are you doing that?".
KiIIyou

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 KiIIyou
Member since 2006 • 27204 Posts
Like a robot I is but relaxed :3
sukraj

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

#13 sukraj
Member since 2008 • 27859 Posts

i dont drive anymore.

yellosnolvr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 24

#15 yellosnolvr
Member since 2005 • 19302 Posts
an aware driver
ferrari2001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#16 ferrari2001
Member since 2008 • 17772 Posts
I'm defensively aggressive and I take a preemptive approach. Can't get in a wreck if I've already ran everyone off the road.
GOGOGOGURT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 GOGOGOGURT
Member since 2010 • 4470 Posts

A good driver.  I drive fast but because I enjoy it, not to rush anywhere.  I have a track licence so I know what I'm doing, and I'm obsessed with driving.

junglist101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 junglist101
Member since 2007 • 5517 Posts

I'm a driver who hates people who drive slow in the fast lane and I will cut around you in such a way to make sure you know your an idiot.  

I guess that makes me a mostly aggressive driver but I have a car that handles really well so it's hard not to put it to good use.

AcidThunder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 AcidThunder
Member since 2010 • 2332 Posts
will tell soon
lightleggy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 65

#20 lightleggy
Member since 2008 • 16090 Posts
[QUOTE="MaddenBowler10"]One of those that texts on his phone 99% of the time. Just kidding, I hate those people that do that.

Ugh I remember once I had to take this 2 lane "freeway" and the car in front of me was going ridiculously slow, I said to myself "maybe there's a baby on board and they forgot to put the sticker", then I could finally move to the other lane and pass her and I looked at the girl driving and she was TEXTING the entire time, that's why she was going so slow because she wasn't even looking at the road....I mean at least she wouldn't get into an accident, but what an unconsidered fool she was.
lightleggy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 lightleggy
I like to think im safe and aware, but really if there's a yellow light, you dont want to be driving slow with me behind you.
br0kenrabbit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#22 br0kenrabbit
Member since 2004 • 17877 Posts

Safe, and I try to follow traffic laws and err on the side of caution. I'd rather stop at a yellow than shoot on through. I also drive the speed limit or fairly close to, which gets people swerving around me when they're doing 20-30 clicks over what I am, when I'm already probably over the speed limit by a bit.XilePrincess

Same, but if I'm over the speed limit, it's only because I haven't had the chance to glance at my speedometer in a minute or so.

I also try to take back roads as often as I can, to avoid traffic and the idiots weaving in and out of it passing everyone on the left and the right. :evil:

I try to walk if it's less than 2 miles away unless I plan on buying groceries or something.

br0kenrabbit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 br0kenrabbit

I like to think im safe and aware, but really if there's a yellow light, you dont want to be driving slow with me behind you.lightleggy

They'll ticket you here if the light turns red while you're in the intersection. And I don't even mean stopped in the intersection, if it turns red while you're passing under the light, that's a ticket.

Reason being you had time to stop, and if you didn't have time to stop you were speeding or not paying attention or both.

GOGOGOGURT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 GOGOGOGURT

I'm a driver who hates people who drive slow in the fast lane and I will cut around you in such a way to make sure you know your an idiot.  

I guess that makes me a mostly aggressive driver but I have a car that handles really well so it's hard not to put it to good use.

junglist101

What car do you have.

lightleggy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 lightleggy

[QUOTE="lightleggy"]I like to think im safe and aware, but really if there's a yellow light, you dont want to be driving slow with me behind you.br0kenrabbit

They'll ticket you here if the light turns red while you're in the intersection. And I don't even mean stopped in the intersection, if it turns red while you're passing under the light, that's a ticket.

Reason being you had time to stop, and if you didn't have time to stop you were speeding or not paying attention or both.

I obviously dont do it if there's high traffic, but if the road is clear, I step up and go through in a breeze, they wont make a ticket here as far as I know but either way I always calculate how much time is it left for the light to turn red, if I know I wont make it, I just stop and wait for the green,
br0kenrabbit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 br0kenrabbit

I obviously dont do it if there's high traffic, but if the road is clear, I step up and go through in a breeze, they wont make a ticket here as far as I know but either way I always calculate how much time is it left for the light to turn red, if I know I wont make it, I just stop and wait for the green,lightleggy

The cameras don't care about traffic. If you're in the intersection and the light turns red, that's a ticket even if it is 3am.

GOGOGOGURT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 GOGOGOGURT

[QUOTE="GOGOGOGURT"]

A good driver.  I drive fast but because I enjoy it, not to rush anywhere.  I have a track licence so I know what I'm doing, and I'm obsessed with driving.

Motokid6

Ditto. What track do you go too?

Usually at firebird in Phoenix, but I heard it's closing soon.  I've also driven at Laguna Seca in Cali.  I want to get into B-class racing, but I just have to get the right car. :)

How bout you?

clyde46

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 clyde46
[QUOTE="clyde46"]Sometimes I go out of my way to annoy tailgaters. mems_1224
I do that too, I also mess with people I know are trying to cut me off. Ill speed up when they get next to me and slow down when there's a car in front of them or they're behind me. Its so fun.

I like to brake check people who are driving in my boot.
BossPerson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 BossPerson
Member since 2011 • 9177 Posts
very cautious
br0kenrabbit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 br0kenrabbit

[QUOTE="mems_1224"][QUOTE="clyde46"]Sometimes I go out of my way to annoy tailgaters. clyde46

I'll tap the brake to make the lights come on, but not enough to apply the brake. After a few yo-yos they either get the hint and back off or go around.

GOGOGOGURT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 GOGOGOGURT

[QUOTE="br0kenrabbit"]

[QUOTE="lightleggy"]I like to think im safe and aware, but really if there's a yellow light, you dont want to be driving slow with me behind you.lightleggy

I obviously dont do it if there's high traffic, but if the road is clear, I step up and go through in a breeze, they wont make a ticket here as far as I know but either way I always calculate how much time is it left for the light to turn red, if I know I wont make it, I just stop and wait for the green,

My heart rate jumps by about 30 BPM everythime I see a yellow light.

Engrish_Major

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 Engrish_Major
Member since 2007 • 17373 Posts

GOGOGOGURT
It's pretty simple. In most places, you get 1 second for every 10 mph of the speed limit, so there shouldn't be much guessing or risk involved.
coolbeans90

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 coolbeans90
Member since 2009 • 21305 Posts

I drive like I want to live forever.

killerfist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#35 killerfist
Member since 2005 • 20155 Posts
[QUOTE="mems_1224"][QUOTE="clyde46"]Sometimes I go out of my way to annoy tailgaters. clyde46

I do that some times, if they really annoy me. For example when I'm already above the speed limit and there is no space on the right lane. In other cases I slow down a bit, and go VERY SLOW, like annoyingly slow to the right lane once there is space. I always turn my head to see the look on their faces when they finally overtake me. Other than that I consider myself a responsible driver even though I pretty much always drive over the speed limit when I have the chance. I make space for others, I keep right when there is space etc etc.
GOGOGOGURT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 GOGOGOGURT

[QUOTE="GOGOGOGURT"]

Engrish_Major

It's pretty simple. In most places, you get 1 second for every 10 mph of the speed limit, so there shouldn't be much guessing or risk involved.

Well I decide if I open the gates or hit the brakes.

kingkong0124

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 kingkong0124
Member since 2012 • 8329 Posts

like a NASCAR driver

Necrifer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 Necrifer
Member since 2010 • 10629 Posts

An angry one.

SaudiFury

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#39 SaudiFury
Member since 2007 • 8709 Posts

in America? i'm a safe driver.

in Saudi? i'm a safe driver on open highway, but have to be an offensive @sshole driver when i get to intersections because 3-4 guys on the far left (speed racer) lane wanna now get to the far right lane exit. 

If i could be invulnerable to the cost and physical harm, i'd slam my car into some of these @ssholes. who think they own the road. 

Pirate700

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 Pirate700
Member since 2008 • 46465 Posts

A very safe, defensive driver these days.

THE_DRUGGIE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 140

#42 THE_DRUGGIE
Member since 2006 • 25107 Posts

The one who does kick-butt stunts on accident but never seems to crash.

Bucked20

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 Bucked20
Member since 2011 • 6651 Posts
I try to be aware of everything,drive pretty slow at times and don't really use my signal a lot
Fightingfan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 Fightingfan
Member since 2010 • 38011 Posts
Depends what I'm driving.
Lord_Daemon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#45 Lord_Daemon
Member since 2005 • 24535 Posts

Defensive...I assume most drivers will at a moment's notice do the most idiotic thing. 

4myAmuzumament

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 4myAmuzumament
Member since 2013 • 1791 Posts
the best kind
k2theswiss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#47 k2theswiss
Member since 2007 • 16599 Posts
one goes 50 in 35 If able but, not big deal if cars in the way with earbuds because the wiring in my car is missed up somewhere that I can't figure it out. I try avoid the phone though.
Commander-Gree

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 Commander-Gree
Member since 2009 • 4929 Posts
Safe, but I'm not slow either. I always try to go exactly 5 miles over the speed limit. I am guilty of perhaps driving too close to people that go dramatically slower than the speed limit because I think it is rude when people have places to go and need to be on time.
clyde46

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 clyde46
[QUOTE="killerfist"][QUOTE="clyde46"][QUOTE="mems_1224"] I do that too, I also mess with people I know are trying to cut me off. Ill speed up when they get next to me and slow down when there's a car in front of them or they're behind me. Its so fun.

I do that some times, if they really annoy me. For example when I'm already above the speed limit and there is no space on the right lane. In other cases I slow down a bit, and go VERY SLOW, like annoyingly slow to the right lane once there is space. I always turn my head to see the look on their faces when they finally overtake me. Other than that I consider myself a responsible driver even though I pretty much always drive over the speed limit when I have the chance. I make space for others, I keep right when there is space etc etc.

Brake checking people is fine as they normally get the hint to back off but slowing down to a crawl causes people to take risks. A slow driver is just as bad a reckless one.
lundy86_4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#50 lundy86_4  Online
Member since 2003 • 61515 Posts

Formula One, baby!