What is Your Biggest Issue With Life

• 80 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

-Blasphemy-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 -Blasphemy-
Member since 2005 • 3369 Posts

or what would you say is the most difficult thing you had to deal with with life in general.

i would have to say mine is finding a girlfriend. i just dont know im like really old and getting older and i never had a girlfriend. its just not something that is normal as i dont know anyone else like me who have had this type of situation. some people struggle with money, jobs or school etc but none of that concerns me atm. i also had this girl i was interested in but it never went anywhere, long story short i cant get over her and have so many other potential mates but she was the one i wanted. i just dont even try to court other girls cause all i can think about is her.

some people say i should focus on my career, get a good job then worry about getting a girlfriend but i want to do it the other way around. i want the girlfriend first then i will focus on other things.

TehFuneral

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By TehFuneral
Member since 2007 • 8237 Posts

Girlfriends are not toys, its a responsibility and someday will come when the person you love will love you back. Until that day comes, work on yourself so when you truly have a girlfriend you can offer her the best of you because she deserves that.

Avatar image for deactivated-5d6933395c33c
deactivated-5d6933395c33c

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 deactivated-5d6933395c33c
Member since 2005 • 1000 Posts

People.

eyematter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 eyematter
Member since 2013 • 85 Posts

Getting people to do what I tell them.

Avatar image for CreasianDevaili
CreasianDevaili

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By CreasianDevaili
Member since 2005 • 4429 Posts

The learning curve isn't as steep as presumed. Kinda boring in some regards!

gamerguru100

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#6 gamerguru100
Member since 2009 • 12718 Posts

Finding a girlfriend is something I don't really need to give half a shit about right now considering my life is devoid of anything interesting and thus girls would find me dull as dishwater. I have literally zero social life, so I don't even have a life to be perfectly honest. I can't afford to go out to places every other day or date a chick. I'm a 21 year old college student; guess how much money I make. Not enough to take a girl out on several dates after my credit card and car insurance payments; that's for sure. Right now, the only thing I care about is passing an exam I have tomorrow with a good grade, doing some work next week for the pointless required theology class I have to take, and playing video games all day long this Thursday.

wis3boi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#7 wis3boi
Member since 2005 • 32507 Posts

people parading around ignorance

commander

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#8  Edited By commander
Member since 2010 • 16217 Posts

@-Blasphemy- said:

or what would you say is the most difficult thing you had to deal with with life in general.

i would have to say mine is finding a girlfriend. i just dont know im like really old and getting older and i never had a girlfriend. its just not something that is normal as i dont know anyone else like me who have had this type of situation. some people struggle with money, jobs or school etc but none of that concerns me atm. i also had this girl i was interested in but it never went anywhere, long story short i cant get over her and have so many other potential mates but she was the one i wanted. i just dont even try to court other girls cause all i can think about is her.

some people say i should focus on my career, get a good job then worry about getting a girlfriend but i want to do it the other way around. i want the girlfriend first then i will focus on other things.

getting older seemed to be going faster than i expected, it also seems harder, not because i feel bad or anything but because I'm aware of so many things, good and bad. Ignorance is truly bliss...

Finding a girlfriend is easy, just sweettalk a girl you like and if she doesn't like it, you'll know it pretty fast, without being a fool. All you gotta say is 'you're so pretty' but don't say it right of the bat, do it in private when the time comes, take your time, like a cat stalks his prey. Try to spend time with a girl you like

Career is also important but all you gotta do is save up as much as you can, because money makes money. If you need a girl to pursue your career/life, you're doing it wrong, try to find peace without a girl and then you'll be attractive because in the end , all that women want is love and stability. The younger you are the less important this is because time is money and when you're young your life is filled with dreams and you can share these dreams with that girl. She can also support you.

In the end, it's always the same thing, find a right balance. If you're going to be obsessed about finding a girl , it will end badly, your life and career must intertwine with your love life, you cannot just split your life in two. Besides , If you need a women to start your life, you don't have nothing to show for...but like I said when you're young you can put stars in her eyes, with dreams. But then it's up to you to make those dreams come true...

It's way easier to have some basic steady career path so that the girl can thrust you to a certain level, anything above that is extra. If you'll promise her the world, you'll have a very hard time living up to that.

commander

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By commander
@CreasianDevaili said:

don't get cocky you could be in for a real surprise

god works in mysterious ways, the irony is the worst

-Blasphemy-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 -Blasphemy-

@evildead6789 said:
@CreasianDevaili said:

its all about balance. you are going to have your good times and your bad times. there is just no way around that because that's the only way for anything to exist.

-Blasphemy-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By -Blasphemy-

@evildead6789 said:

@-Blasphemy- said:

getting older seemed to be going faster than i expected, it also seems harder, not because i feel bad or anything but because I'm aware of so many things, good and bad. Ignorance is truly bliss...

Finding a girlfriend is easy, just sweettalk a girl you like and if she doesn't like it, you'll know it pretty fast, without being a fool. All you gotta say is 'you're so pretty' but don't say it right of the bat, do it in private when the time comes, take your time, like a cat stalks his prey. Try to spend time with a girl you like

Career is also important but all you gotta do is save up as much as you can, because money makes money. If you need a girl to pursue your career/life, you're doing it wrong, try to find peace without a girl and then you'll be attractive because in the end , all that women want is love and stability. The younger you are the less important this is because time is money and when you're young your life is filled with dreams and you can share these dreams with that girl. She can also support you.

In the end, it's always the same thing, find a right balance. If you're going to be obsessed about finding a girl , it will end badly, your life and career must intertwine with your love life, you cannot just split your life in two. Besides , If you need a women to start your life, you don't have nothing to show for...but like I said when you're young you can put stars in her eyes, with dreams. But then it's up to you to make those dreams come true...

It's way easier to have some basic steady career path so that the girl can thrust you to a certain level, anything above that is extra. If you'll promise her the world, you'll have a very hard time living up to that.

i dont need a girl to pursue my life goals, i just wanted one before i did that. i think getting to a point were i make alot of money would be pretty easy. i just dont want a girl who wants me only for my money. i just wanted someone who would love me for me and would be there for me through whatever.

i see things differently then everyone else because i always seem to get what i want out of life, (with the exception of getting that girl i want, thats my own fault though) so if i were to promise her the world that is exactly what she would get.

ill give you an example. look at eminem. him and his girl were not together, this dude made millions of dollars traveled all around the world and met tons of women but who does he finally get back together with? his old first girlfriend why? because he said she was the only one that wanted him when he had nothing.

I_Return

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#12 I_Return
Member since 2014 • 873 Posts

People's prejudice. All the time.

REKThard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 REKThard
Member since 2014 • 479 Posts

too many to list.
probably everything

hippiesanta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#15 hippiesanta
Member since 2005 • 10301 Posts

@-Blasphemy-: get a boyfriend instead

xdude85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 xdude85
Member since 2006 • 6559 Posts

People and their bullshit.

elkoldo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 elkoldo
Member since 2009 • 1832 Posts

Myself.

Avatar image for ShepardCommandr
ShepardCommandr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#18 ShepardCommandr
Member since 2013 • 4939 Posts

I hate it.

It's pointless.

Avatar image for deactivated-5b797108c254e
deactivated-5b797108c254e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 44

#19 deactivated-5b797108c254e
Member since 2013 • 11245 Posts

@i_return said:

Mostly this...everything else is going just peachy =)

As for the TC, don't sweat your age, man. I've always been the "get serious or go home" kind of guy as far as relationships went so I was 26 the first time I actually liked a girl enough to have a relationship. I ended up marrying her...yeah, it sucked being alone that long but it was worth it.

indzman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#20  Edited By indzman
Member since 2006 • 27736 Posts

@ShepardCommandr said:

I hate it.

It's pointless.

neatfeatguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

#21 neatfeatguy
Member since 2005 • 4400 Posts

Kids - holy hell. Half the time they don't listen, don't care to listen or just plan flat out ignore everything around them except what they're focused on. They cost too damn much money (daycare - this is a fucking college tuition in MN). For a baby to 1 year old at the day care center is $109 per day (yes, day....yes, it's $109). So that's $545 a week you pay for daycare and this doesn't cover the costs of diapers or formula if you're not breast feeding (or can't breast feed). Now, you take that baby to day care for the year while you work - 52 weeks at $545 = $28,340. This amounts to requiring a $16-17 an hour job at the very minimum to be able to afford the cost of day care after taxes (depending on the tax bracket you're in). Now that you have day care covered with your $16-17 an hour job, you're left with no money for diapers, food, rent, car, gas....congratulations! You just now paid for your newborn to attend a decent college for a year! I see people with 2 or 3 kids being dropped off here every day - how the hell does a family afford more than 1 kid at this place? Are they all high paid doctors and lawyers? And don't be fooled into thinking this daycare center doesn't make money - the owner stops by from time to time in their yellow 911 Porsche.

Now, we could probably find a cheaper in-home daycare, but the ones I've seen tend to rely on the kids being entertained by the TV. At least the daycare center we use focus on teaching and learning....I can't say the same about most in-home daycare centers I've seen.

Also, now that the daughter is full time in school, she's around other kids that are pampered and get their way and she gets pissed when she can't have what she wants when she wants it.... This in return rubs off on her younger brother that's 2 and he's starting to mimic her reactions to situations. I hear it only get worse once the youngest starts to learn more....

The only true upside is even if I'm in a horrible mood and I'm ready to kill something - the kids have a way of making me smile and feel better, even when I don't want to be bothered by anyone. All the bad that comes with the kids, the good times always outweigh the bad.

TL;DR - Kids are fucking expensive and can be a big pain in the ass, but they are awesome to have in your life.

comp_atkins

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By comp_atkins
Member since 2005 • 38678 Posts

it's too short

Avatar image for speedfreak48t5p
speedfreak48t5p

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 62

#23 speedfreak48t5p
Member since 2009 • 14416 Posts

Women.

Dogswithguns

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#25  Edited By Dogswithguns
Member since 2007 • 11359 Posts

I have a girlfriend, she can give me no life if I spend time with her too much.. if you find a girlfriend you will forget about the girl you've been thinking about, trust me..

As for me, right now I need a job that won't get laidoff for a while. I got l laidoff every year.

commander

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 commander

@-Blasphemy- said:

@evildead6789 said:

@-Blasphemy- said:

i dont need a girl to pursue my life goals, i just wanted one before i did that. i think getting to a point were i make alot of money would be pretty easy. i just dont want a girl who wants me only for my money. i just wanted someone who would love me for me and would be there for me through whatever.

i see things differently then everyone else because i always seem to get what i want out of life, (with the exception of getting that girl i want, thats my own fault though) so if i were to promise her the world that is exactly what she would get.

ill give you an example. look at eminem. him and his girl were not together, this dude made millions of dollars traveled all around the world and met tons of women but who does he finally get back together with? his old first girlfriend why? because he said she was the only one that wanted him when he had nothing.

I think his old first girlfriend kinda knew what potential he had.

Girls that are just after your money are very easy to spot, especially when you have a relationship with them.

What is this magical talent you have so that you can make a lot of money on such short notice?

bforrester420

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By bforrester420
Member since 2014 • 3480 Posts

Getting up and going to work every morning. I have a good job and earn a good living, but I'm just so sick of projects with tight deadlines lately.

-Blasphemy-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 -Blasphemy-

@neatfeatguy said:

Kids - holy hell. Half the time they don't listen, don't care to listen or just plan flat out ignore everything around them except what they're focused on. They cost too damn much money (daycare - this is a fucking college tuition in MN). For a baby to 1 year old at the day care center is $109 per day (yes, day....yes, it's $109). So that's $545 a week you pay for daycare and this doesn't cover the costs of diapers or formula if you're not breast feeding (or can't breast feed). Now, you take that baby to day care for the year while you work - 52 weeks at $545 = $28,340. This amounts to requiring a $16-17 an hour job at the very minimum to be able to afford the cost of day care after taxes (depending on the tax bracket you're in). Now that you have day care covered with your $16-17 an hour job, you're left with no money for diapers, food, rent, car, gas....congratulations! You just now paid for your newborn to attend a decent college for a year! I see people with 2 or 3 kids being dropped off here every day - how the hell does a family afford more than 1 kid at this place? Are they all high paid doctors and lawyers? And don't be fooled into thinking this daycare center doesn't make money - the owner stops by from time to time in their yellow 911 Porsche.

Now, we could probably find a cheaper in-home daycare, but the ones I've seen tend to rely on the kids being entertained by the TV. At least the daycare center we use focus on teaching and learning....I can't say the same about most in-home daycare centers I've seen.

Also, now that the daughter is full time in school, she's around other kids that are pampered and get their way and she gets pissed when she can't have what she wants when she wants it.... This in return rubs off on her younger brother that's 2 and he's starting to mimic her reactions to situations. I hear it only get worse once the youngest starts to learn more....

The only true upside is even if I'm in a horrible mood and I'm ready to kill something - the kids have a way of making me smile and feel better, even when I don't want to be bothered by anyone. All the bad that comes with the kids, the good times always outweigh the bad.

TL;DR - Kids are fucking expensive and can be a big pain in the ass, but they are awesome to have in your life.

that is a crazy price to pay for day care.

-Blasphemy-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By -Blasphemy-

@evildead6789 said:

@-Blasphemy- said:

@evildead6789 said:

@-Blasphemy- said:

I think his old first girlfriend kinda knew what potential he had.

Girls that are just after your money are very easy to spot, especially when you have a relationship with them.

What is this magical talent you have so that you can make a lot of money on such short notice?

not necessarily short notice but it would be pretty easy to get to that point. just go to a technical school and get a trade in something it only takes a few years at most. if you want something bad enough then you will get it.

Avatar image for CreasianDevaili
CreasianDevaili

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By CreasianDevaili
Member since 2005 • 4429 Posts

@evildead6789 said:
@CreasianDevaili said:

Might be surprised how I die but then anything/nothing after isn't this life so nothing to worry about.

Gaming-Planet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#31 Gaming-Planet
Member since 2008 • 21064 Posts

Dealing with cancer at the moment, Acute Lymphoblastic Leukemia.

Everything else feels like a non issue right now.

PsychoLemons

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 PsychoLemons
Member since 2011 • 3183 Posts

My hatred towards others.

destinhpark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#33 destinhpark
Member since 2006 • 4831 Posts

I kind of agree with you on the ladies. I haven't had much luck lately. My last really serious relationship was over 2 1/2 years ago, I feel like it's been long enough. I'm trying to pursue others now haha but it's easier said than done. It's not easy to meet new people in general that you can truly relate to and get to know, much less a woman that's seriously interested in you. I think that's my main frustration currently. I'm hoping that changes when I move to a new city soon.

-Blasphemy-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By -Blasphemy-

@grimseeker said:

People.

not understanding them? or wandering why you are not more like them or what?

@eyematter said:

Getting people to do what I tell them.

your a boss? play mind games with them, use reverse psychology on them. say for example you need a task done in a certain amount of time and you have this lazy ass associate who doesn't do anything. "be like DAMN you can't get noone around here to help you out when you need it."

@gamerguru100 said:

Finding a girlfriend is something I don't really need to give half a shit about right now considering my life is devoid of anything interesting and thus girls would find me dull as dishwater. I have literally zero social life, so I don't even have a life to be perfectly honest. I can't afford to go out to places every other day or date a chick. I'm a 21 year old college student; guess how much money I make. Not enough to take a girl out on several dates after my credit card and car insurance payments; that's for sure. Right now, the only thing I care about is passing an exam I have tomorrow with a good grade, doing some work next week for the pointless required theology class I have to take, and playing video games all day long this Thursday.

i feel ya, but if your a broke college student just work with what you got. you dont need alot of money to impress a girl if she really likes you. just little things she will appreciate even if its just a $20 gift card for her birthday.

im pretty boring to its why i dont date either cause i cant think of enough to talk about when im with a girl. bah, why wasnt i blessed with good social genes fml.

@hippiesanta said:

@-Blasphemy-: get a boyfriend instead

i dont stroll that way.

@ShepardCommandr said:

I hate it.

It's pointless.

i feel the same way, but might as well make the most out of it while you are here.

@korvus said:

@i_return said:

Mostly this...everything else is going just peachy =)

As for the TC, don't sweat your age, man. I've always been the "get serious or go home" kind of guy as far as relationships went so I was 26 the first time I actually liked a girl enough to have a relationship. I ended up marrying her...yeah, it sucked being alone that long but it was worth it.

im older then you and i dont see this changing anytime soon. tired of it now.

@Dogswithguns said:

I have a girlfriend, she can give me no life if I spend time with her too much.. if you find a girlfriend you will forget about the girl you've been thinking about, trust me..

As for me, right now I need a job that won't get laidoff for a while. I got l laidoff every year.

thats the thing whenever i see another girl i think i might be interested in all i can think about is how i messed things up with the girl i wanted to be with then i pull away.

@elkoldo said:

Myself.

i hate myself to but you know what you need to do right? get out there and start making changes. if there is something you dont like about yourself ask why, then try to decide what you can do to change that particular thing about yourself, one step at a time.

@Gaming-Planet said:

Dealing with cancer at the moment, Acute Lymphoblastic Leukemia.

Everything else feels like a non issue right now.

i cant pretend to know how you feel because i have never gone through anything like that but i hope you get better.

thereal25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#36 thereal25
Member since 2011 • 2074 Posts

@Iszdope said:

The price of cigarettes.

Criminal it is.

Wow. If that's your only issue you have a GOOD LIFE!!!

@PsychoLemons said:

My hatred towards others.

Just stop hating. It's that simple.

-Blasphemy-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 -Blasphemy-

@thegerg said:

@-Blasphemy-: "some people say i should focus on my career, get a good job then worry about getting a girlfriend but i want to do it the other way around. i want the girlfriend first then i will focus on other things."

That's really is a very unhealthy way to approach things. You need to get your own shit together before you get another person involved in your life. An intimate partner should be an active participant in your life and development, not some box to check that's holding you back from doing something with your life.

i dont get out alot and the field im going into i know i wont meet alot of women. the job i have now i meet alot of women. i just feel like if i don't find someone soon im going to be alone forever... and i CANT let that happen.

VaguelyTagged

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#38 VaguelyTagged
Member since 2009 • 10702 Posts

having to work, as much as i consider myself a fond of capitalism, i hate working for other people. lol

Ballroompirate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#39 Ballroompirate
Member since 2005 • 26695 Posts

To name a few

• People
  • The piss poor economy
  • The shyt education system
  • Health care is piss poor
MirkoS77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By MirkoS77
Member since 2011 • 17658 Posts

Serious chronic illness and the bullshit ignorance from clueless morons who always believe they have the correct life advice for me that they feel they have the right to speak to me on a matter they haven't the slightest inkling of what it entails, yet still believe I should have every reason to heed it. I just wish people would keep their mouths shut and their judgements to themselves, especially when it's so blatantly apparent they are wading in nothing but ignorance and obliviousness.

Avatar image for deactivated-58061ea11c905
deactivated-58061ea11c905

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By deactivated-58061ea11c905
Member since 2011 • 999 Posts

I think that the biggest problem with society today is that people are too cold and superficial and I'm especially talking about women.

White women are the most superficial, especially good-looking white women.

What I mean by this is that most women will completely ignore a guy and will not even want to talk to a guy just because the guy is a bit ugly (or poor) and I think that this is cruel and unfair.

GamingTitan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 GamingTitan
Member since 2004 • 657 Posts

@neatfeatguy said:

I read the whole thing. You are a good parent. Hang in there.

I have 2 young sons. I know your pain.

thecatblade

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 thecatblade
Member since 2014 • 25 Posts

@pariah3 said:

I think that the biggest problem with society today is that people are too cold and superficial and I'm especially talking about women.

What I mean by this is that most women will completely ignore a guy and will not even want to talk to a guy just because the guy is a bit ugly (or poor) and I think that this is cruel and unfair.

These forums sure are full of prejudice, vast generalizations, and misogyny. I'm outta here.

Avatar image for LostProphetFLCL
LostProphetFLCL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 LostProphetFLCL
Member since 2006 • 18526 Posts

I would say so far that the biggest thing I have overcome/am working on overcoming is my anxiety issues. It kept me from experiencing a lot in life unfortunately. I have been slowly clawing my way through it for YEARS now with the biggest accomplishment being getting a GF (who I have been with for over 3 years now!).

Other big issue is health. I have no EXTREMELY crippling illness, but having had asthma since childhood, and now a deviated septum (which leads to chronic sinus infections), a hiatal hernia, and now some injuries that keep haunting me (been having issues with my back recently, which I believe stem from when I strained my lumbar muscle working a couple years ago). Makes it very hard to live a proper, healthy lifestyle,,,

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 86

User Lists: 2

#45 uninspiredcup  Online
Member since 2013 • 58965 Posts

A tooth that will hopefully be yanked out before this day is over.

-Blasphemy-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 -Blasphemy-

@thecatblade said:

@pariah3 said:

These forums sure are full of prejudice, vast generalizations, and misogyny. I'm outta here.

he's only calling it how he sees it.

br0kenrabbit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#47 br0kenrabbit
Member since 2004 • 17859 Posts

@-Blasphemy- said:

he's only calling it how he sees it.

Maybe the problem is him?

I dunno, whenever people complain about how 'selfish, vain and superficial' women are I'm always reminded of Nietzsche. And we know how well Nietzsche went over with women. So was it the women, or was it Nietzsche?

JyePhye

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#48  Edited By JyePhye
Member since 2004 • 6173 Posts

I wish I didn't have to sleep so many hours a day. I feel it cut backs on how much I could get done on any given day. If I could just sleep 4 hours every night I would be pleased.

Avatar image for YearoftheSnake5
YearoftheSnake5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 55

#49  Edited By YearoftheSnake5
Member since 2005 • 9716 Posts

Money right now is my biggest issue. My current salary limits what I can do for my family. I'd like to have a salary that enables me to cover my wife's bills so that she wouldn't have to work so much. She's a beautician. Unfortunately, with that line of work, it's difficult to get away from Regis Corporation and even more so to find good coworkers. If I had the money, I'd build her a salon in the house. I would also like to start saving for my stepson's college education.

KillerK1ng

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 KillerK1ng
Member since 2014 • 135 Posts

What an interesting read seriously this was great