What Do You Think The Bible Is?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

atejas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 0

#2751 atejas
Member since 2008 • 520 Posts

Look at this:
http://www.carm.org/online/Basic_Theology%20-%20output/quizmaker.html

Crushmaster

First question does not have option 'unknown'. Quiz fails.

Also, what is point? I sure as hell dont want to be tested for christianness.

Next time try providing something that's atleast relevant to the previous quote.

STWELCH

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#2752 STWELCH
Member since 2005 • 4805 Posts
[QUOTE="STWELCH"][QUOTE="Crushmaster"][QUOTE="STWELCH"][QUOTE="Crushmaster"][QUOTE="Harshvardhan666"][QUOTE="Crushmaster"][QUOTE="Harshvardhan666"][QUOTE="blackregiment"]

The fallacy in your statement is that you are assuming that the various religions all serve the same God, the God of the Bible, which is not the case. You are also assuming that Christianity is a religion. It is not. It is a way of life through a personal relationship with Christ.Crushmaster

Do enlighten me as to why Christianity is not a religion.You say you have a personal relationship with Christ?Do you speak to him and he replies?Or do you see "the signs"?

Check out this article:
http://www.knightforchrist.com/Articles-S/christianity-not-a-religion.htm

You expect me to take that link seriously?Just by reading the URL I'm laughing.

If you don't read it, you'll certainly never find out.

See, the article highlighted my biggest problem with fundamental Christianity; it assumes that it's literal reading of the Bible is the correct way, and all others be damned.

The unassumed arrogance that the article contains is a microcosm of the Christian Right in general: "Were right, your wrong." Lack of empathy is the major theme.

Arrogance? That's not arrogance. It's Truth. Christianity is the only way to heaven. You profess to be a Christian, and as such should believe the Bible is inerrant and true. If we believe that:
(John 14:60) - "Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me."
(2 Timothy 3:16-17) - "All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness: {17} That the man of God may be perfect, thoroughly furnished unto all good works."
(Mark 16:15-16) - "And he said unto them, Go ye into all the world, and preach the gospel to every creature. {16} He that believeth and is baptized shall be saved; but he that believeth not shall be damned."
(Romans 10:8-10) - "But what saith it? The word is nigh thee, even in thy mouth, and in thy heart: that is, the word of faith, which we preach; {9} That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved. {10} For with the heart man believeth unto righteousness; and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation."
Christianity and Christianity only is the only one, true way. Christ is the only way to God. The only way to salvation.
There is no other.

Thanks for proving my point.

Look at this:
http://www.carm.org/online/Basic_Theology%20-%20output/quizmaker.html[/QUOTE]

I've already seen that; it's written from a conservative viewpoint that I don't truly share; it isn't the basics of "any theology', maybe yours, but not every Christian theology.

Avatar image for Harshvardhan666
Harshvardhan666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2753 Harshvardhan666
Member since 2008 • 1960 Posts
That whole quiz is bogus.The first question does not have "none" option.I chose "one" and it started throwing bible verses at me.
atejas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2754 atejas

That whole quiz is bogus.The first question does not have "none" option.I chose "one" and it started throwing bible verses at me.Harshvardhan666

Heh, yeah I saw that.

For the last freaking time, the bible cannot prove the bible! Unless you have an external source that verifies even one thing recorded in the bible it's fiction.

Harshvardhan666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2755 Harshvardhan666

[QUOTE="Harshvardhan666"]That whole quiz is bogus.The first question does not have "none" option.I chose "one" and it started throwing bible verses at me.atejas

Heh, yeah I saw that.

For the last freaking time, the bible cannot prove the bible! Unless you have an external source that verifies even one thing recorded in the bible it's fiction.

73h p0w3r 0f g0|).
Crushmaster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2756 Crushmaster
Member since 2008 • 4324 Posts
[QUOTE="Crushmaster"][QUOTE="STWELCH"][QUOTE="Crushmaster"][QUOTE="STWELCH"][QUOTE="Crushmaster"][QUOTE="Harshvardhan666"][QUOTE="Crushmaster"][QUOTE="Harshvardhan666"][QUOTE="blackregiment"]

The fallacy in your statement is that you are assuming that the various religions all serve the same God, the God of the Bible, which is not the case. You are also assuming that Christianity is a religion. It is not. It is a way of life through a personal relationship with Christ.STWELCH

Do enlighten me as to why Christianity is not a religion.You say you have a personal relationship with Christ?Do you speak to him and he replies?Or do you see "the signs"?

Check out this article:

See, the article highlighted my biggest problem with fundamental Christianity; it assumes that it's literal reading of the Bible is the correct way, and all others be damned.

The unassumed arrogance that the article contains is a microcosm of the Christian Right in general: "Were right, your wrong." Lack of empathy is the major theme.

Arrogance? That's not arrogance. It's Truth. Christianity is the only way to heaven. You profess to be a Christian, and as such should believe the Bible is inerrant and true. If we believe that:
(John 14:60) - "Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me."
(2 Timothy 3:16-17) - "All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness: {17} That the man of God may be perfect, thoroughly furnished unto all good works."
(Mark 16:15-16) - "And he said unto them, Go ye into all the world, and preach the gospel to every creature. {16} He that believeth and is baptized shall be saved; but he that believeth not shall be damned."
(Romans 10:8-10) - "But what saith it? The word is nigh thee, even in thy mouth, and in thy heart: that is, the word of faith, which we preach; {9} That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved. {10} For with the heart man believeth unto righteousness; and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation."
Christianity and Christianity only is the only one, true way. Christ is the only way to God. The only way to salvation.
There is no other.

Look at this:

I've already seen that; it's written from a conservative viewpoint that I don't truly share; it isn't the basics of "any theology', maybe yours, but not every Christian theology.

I then assume you consider that quiz has unBiblical doctrine in it?
STWELCH

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2757 STWELCH
[QUOTE="STWELCH"][QUOTE="Crushmaster"][QUOTE="STWELCH"][QUOTE="Crushmaster"][QUOTE="STWELCH"][QUOTE="Crushmaster"][QUOTE="Harshvardhan666"][QUOTE="Crushmaster"][QUOTE="Harshvardhan666"][QUOTE="blackregiment"]

The fallacy in your statement is that you are assuming that the various religions all serve the same God, the God of the Bible, which is not the case. You are also assuming that Christianity is a religion. It is not. It is a way of life through a personal relationship with Christ.Crushmaster

Check out this article:

There is no other.

Look at this:

It has doctrine which is derived from an interpretation of the Bible that I disagree with.

Crushmaster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2758 Crushmaster
[QUOTE="Crushmaster"][QUOTE="STWELCH"][QUOTE="Crushmaster"][QUOTE="STWELCH"][QUOTE="Crushmaster"][QUOTE="STWELCH"][QUOTE="Crushmaster"][QUOTE="Harshvardhan666"][QUOTE="Crushmaster"][QUOTE="Harshvardhan666"][QUOTE="blackregiment"]

The fallacy in your statement is that you are assuming that the various religions all serve the same God, the God of the Bible, which is not the case. You are also assuming that Christianity is a religion. It is not. It is a way of life through a personal relationship with Christ.STWELCH

Check out this article:

There is no other.

Look at this:

It has doctrine which is derived from an interpretation of the Bible that I disagree with.

What would be an example you could give me? With scriptural evidence disproving their claim?
blackregiment

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2759 blackregiment
Member since 2007 • 11937 Posts
[QUOTE="blackregiment"][QUOTE="Funky_Llama"]

But here is the problem: between different religions, there are different moral standards. A Muslim might have different standards to a Christian, who might have different moral standards to a Hindu. There is no absolute moral law of God. Even within religions, there are often contradictions that lead to people picking and choosing. As for the Holocaust... you do know that Hitler was a catholic, right?

Oh, and I agree with your point about survival of the fittest. Evolution is not a moral process, by any means. I don't support evolution as some kind of crazy moral standard.

Funky_Llama

The fallacy in your statement is that you are assuming that the various religions all serve the same God, the God of the Bible, which is not the case. You are also assuming that Christianity is a religion. It is not. It is a way of life through a personal relationship with Christ. Religions are man made, and are fallen man's attempt to reach up and elevate themselves up to God. Christianity is a loving God, in grace coming down to man, in Christ, with His plan of fellowship, His standards for morality, His rules for moral living, and His path to salvation.

You are also assuming that man, in calling himself "religious", or believing in a god, or proclaiming that they are acting on behalf of a god, and setting their own moral standards, somehow equates with the reality of and truth of God's actual Higher Moral standards. That is not true.

In regards to your Hitler reference, you might want to study that a little more in depth. Hitler was born in a Catholic family, used some religious leaders in his assent to power, but was an atheist and dabbled in the occult. He was not a follower of Christ by any stretch of the imagination. He was a Darwinist and justified his plan for a superior race based on Darwinian theories. Atheists like to claim that Hitler was religious but any serious scholar or student of history knows that this is an desperate atheist myth. Hitler is rightfully classified with other atheists such as Lenin, Stalin, Mao, Pol Pot, Saddam Hussein, and others that have visited some of the greatest atrocities on mankind that the world has ever known.

Finally, The Roman Catholic Church is not Biblical Christianity. They don't even claim to be. There are many traditions in that Church that are not Biblical. Biblical Christianity is salvation through faith in Christ alone through God's grace alone and belief that the Bible is God's Word and the final authority. Roman Catholicism is a faith plus works religion that holds the Church and its traditions. as the final authority, not the Word of God revealed in the Bible.

I'm not assuming all religions serve the same God. No fallacy there.

:lol: So atheism is a religion, and Christianity isn't? :lol: Interesting idea you have there. Your religion is man-made.

Hitler, in his Mein Kampf, used his Catholicism to justify his ideas. You are also confusing social darwinism with evolutionary darwinism.

They Catholic church is a religion, like yours, and has moral ideas, like yours. The fact that these ideas differ shows that there is no way to gain, through religion, an absolute morality.

I would expect such answers from an atheist that cannot understand the spiritual things of God.

2Co 4:3 But if our gospel be hid, it is hid to them that are lost:
2Co 4:4 In whom the god of this world hath blinded the minds of them which believe not, lest the light of the glorious gospel of Christ, who is the image of God, should shine unto them.
Isa 44:18 They have not known nor understood: for he hath shut their eyes, that they cannot see; and their hearts, that they cannot understand.

Hitler used the Church in his rise to power just as unbelievers are used by the god of this world to spread error. The very fact that you can look at the evil fruits that Hitler bore and think that He was serving the Lord demonstrates your lack of spiritual discernment.

Nothing further needs to be said.

Isa 5:20 Woe unto them that call evil good, and good evil; that put darkness for light, and light for darkness; that put bitter for sweet, and sweet for bitter!
Isa 5:21 Woe unto them that are wise in their own eyes, and prudent in their own sight!

God's moral law is revealed in His written, revealed Word. When men choose not to follow it, they are in rebellion to God regardless of what label they attach to themselves to justify their actions. the reveal which god they serve, the God of the Bible or the god of this world through their fruits.

Mat 7:15 Beware of false prophets, which come to you in sheep's clothing, but inwardly they are ravening wolves.
Mat 7:16 Ye shall know them by their fruits. Do men gather grapes of thorns, or figs of thistles?
Mat 7:17 Even so every good tree bringeth forth good fruit; but a corrupt tree bringeth forth evil fruit.
Mat 7:18 A good tree cannot bring forth evil fruit, neither can a corrupt tree bring forth good fruit.
Mat 7:19 Every tree that bringeth not forth good fruit is hewn down, and cast into the fire.
Mat 7:20 Wherefore by their fruits ye shall know them.

-Austin-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2760 -Austin-
Member since 2008 • 2417 Posts
[QUOTE="STWELCH"][QUOTE="Crushmaster"][QUOTE="STWELCH"][QUOTE="Crushmaster"][QUOTE="STWELCH"][QUOTE="Crushmaster"][QUOTE="STWELCH"][QUOTE="Crushmaster"][QUOTE="Harshvardhan666"][QUOTE="Crushmaster"][QUOTE="Harshvardhan666"][QUOTE="blackregiment"]

Check out this article:

There is no other.

Look at this:

What would be an example you could give me? With scriptural evidence disproving their claim?

You cannot disprove something with quotes from the bible.

blackregiment

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2761 blackregiment
[QUOTE="blackregiment"]

The fallacy in your statement is that you are assuming that the various religions all serve the same God, the God of the Bible, which is not the case. You are also assuming that Christianity is a religion. It is not. It is a way of life through a personal relationship with Christ.Harshvardhan666

I speak to Him in prayer and he speaks to me in my heart through the Holy Spirit.

Crushmaster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2762 Crushmaster
[QUOTE="Crushmaster"][QUOTE="STWELCH"][QUOTE="Crushmaster"][QUOTE="STWELCH"][QUOTE="Crushmaster"][QUOTE="STWELCH"][QUOTE="Crushmaster"][QUOTE="STWELCH"][QUOTE="Crushmaster"][QUOTE="Harshvardhan666"][QUOTE="Crushmaster"][QUOTE="Harshvardhan666"][QUOTE="blackregiment"]

The fallacy in your statement is that you are assuming that the various religions all serve the same God, the God of the Bible, which is not the case. You are also assuming that Christianity is a religion. It is not. It is a way of life through a personal relationship with Christ.-Austin-

Check out this article:

There is no other.

Look at this:

Do you believe any of the Bible is true?
Harshvardhan666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2763 Harshvardhan666
[QUOTE="Harshvardhan666"][QUOTE="blackregiment"]

The fallacy in your statement is that you are assuming that the various religions all serve the same God, the God of the Bible, which is not the case. You are also assuming that Christianity is a religion. It is not. It is a way of life through a personal relationship with Christ.blackregiment

I speak to Him in prayer and he speaks to me in my heart through the Holy Spirit.

What does he sound like?Does he have a high pitched voice?And is this holy spirit white or transparent?
blackregiment

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2764 blackregiment
[QUOTE="Crushmaster"][QUOTE="STWELCH"][QUOTE="Crushmaster"][QUOTE="STWELCH"][QUOTE="Crushmaster"][QUOTE="Harshvardhan666"][QUOTE="Crushmaster"][QUOTE="Harshvardhan666"][QUOTE="blackregiment"]

Check out this article:

There is no other.

Look at this:

That quiz is correct Biblical doctrine. You may have different beliefs but if yours differ, then you are not a Biblical Christian and your beliefs, where they differ, are not in accordance with the revealed Word of God.

-Austin-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2765 -Austin-
Member since 2008 • 2417 Posts
[QUOTE="-Austin-"][QUOTE="Crushmaster"][QUOTE="STWELCH"][QUOTE="Crushmaster"][QUOTE="STWELCH"][QUOTE="Crushmaster"][QUOTE="STWELCH"][QUOTE="Crushmaster"][QUOTE="STWELCH"][QUOTE="Crushmaster"][QUOTE="Harshvardhan666"][QUOTE="Crushmaster"][QUOTE="Harshvardhan666"][QUOTE="blackregiment"]

Check out this article:

There is no other.

Look at this:

It doesn't matter. To use the bible to disprove something it would have to be accepted as truth by everyone and it is not.

atejas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2766 atejas
[QUOTE="blackregiment"][QUOTE="Harshvardhan666"][QUOTE="blackregiment"]

The fallacy in your statement is that you are assuming that the various religions all serve the same God, the God of the Bible, which is not the case. You are also assuming that Christianity is a religion. It is not. It is a way of life through a personal relationship with Christ.Harshvardhan666

What does he sound like?Does he have a high pitched voice?And is this holy spirit white or transparent?

lol

pwner372

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#2767 pwner372
Member since 2007 • 463 Posts
why can't we just keep at every one can believe what they want to believe. i believe that jesus is the son of god and died on the cross for the sins of all people of the world and that belief in him and god are the only way to heaven. and Harsh, do you have to be so sarcastic about someones beliefs
STWELCH

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2768 STWELCH
[QUOTE="STWELCH"][QUOTE="Crushmaster"][QUOTE="STWELCH"][QUOTE="Crushmaster"][QUOTE="STWELCH"][QUOTE="Crushmaster"][QUOTE="STWELCH"][QUOTE="Crushmaster"][QUOTE="Harshvardhan666"][QUOTE="Crushmaster"][QUOTE="Harshvardhan666"][QUOTE="blackregiment"]

Check out this article:

There is no other.

Look at this:

It isn't so much that; it's the interpretation of said scripture. For example, an evangelical has a different interpretation than a Roman Catholic.

For example, I view sin as a seperation from one's true self, since God is in all, God is this true self. Such seperation can only be overcome through divine grace and forgiveness, which God freely gives.

Sin also isn't an act against what is written in the Mosaic Law itself. If you commit an action against the principle of agape, then that would constitute sinning; in fact, agape is the only such thing which should guide us, since God is agape.

blackregiment

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2769 blackregiment

-Austin-

You are incorrect. The statement you responded to was the use of the Bible in determings correct Biblical doctrine versus error in doctrine. That is one of the main purposes of the Bible.

2Ti 3:16 All Scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness:
2Ti 3:17 That the man of God may be perfect, thoroughly furnished unto all good works.

1Jo 4:1 Beloved, believe not every spirit, but try the spirits whether they are of God: because many false prophets are gone out into the world.

Act 17:10 And the brethren immediately sent away Paul and Silas by night unto Berea: who coming thither went into the synagogue of the Jews.
Act 17:11 These were more noble than those in Thessalonica, in that they received the word with all readiness of mind, and searched the Scriptures daily, whether those things were so.

2Ti 4:2 Preach the word; be instant in season, out of season; reprove, rebuke, exhort with all longsuffering and doctrine.
2Ti 4:3 For the time will come when they will not endure sound doctrine; but after their own lusts shall they heap to themselves teachers, having itching ears;
2Ti 4:4 And they shall turn away their ears from the truth, and shall be turned unto fables.
2Ti 4:5 But watch thou in all things, endure afflictions, do the work of an evangelist, make full proof of thy ministry.

scorch-62

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2770 scorch-62
Member since 2006 • 29763 Posts
[QUOTE="scorch-62"]I just think we should agree to disagree and stop forcing beliefs on other people over the Internet.blackregiment

We already have, When one rejects God's truth as you have, you have chosen to disagree with God.

Amo 3:3 Can two walk together, except they be agreed?

Your second argument, that Christians are "forcing" their beliefs on others is a fallacy in an attempt to poison the well. Rather than make a sweeping generalization like that, perhaps you can give specific examples how any Christian is "forcing" their beliefs on you or even how that is possible ober the internet.

Maybe by hearing God's truth, God is speaking to your heart and this is making you uncomfortable. His Word will do that.

Heb 4:12 For the word of God is quick, and powerful, and sharper than any two-edged sword, piercing even to the dividing asunder of soul and spirit, and of the joints and marrow, and is a discerner of the thoughts and intents of the heart.

Psa 46:10 Be still, and know that I am God: I will be exalted among the heathen, I will be exalted in the earth.

So you haven't seen ANY of the religion threads on the forum that were made in an attempt to convert everyone who doesn't believe in any kind of Christianity?

Aravos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#2771 Aravos
Member since 2005 • 80 Posts
I figure it's a 2000 year old version of something like "The Lord Of The Rings" that some writer (who was just ahead of his time in fictional ideas) wrote. He obviousally had a terrible publicist tho :D
dandy461

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2772 dandy461
Member since 2008 • 35 Posts
I think the bible is gods word which round 40 people have written.
Harshvardhan666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2773 Harshvardhan666
why can't we just keep at every one can believe what they want to believe. i believe that jesus is the son of god and died on the cross for the sins of all people of the world and that belief in him and god are the only way to heaven. and Harsh, do you have to be so sarcastic about someones beliefspwner372
I am not being sarcastic.I respect his beliefs.But I don't want him to tell me I have to be saved.If I needed saving,I would have told him long ago. Plus he also gives me an opening.Its so hard to resist.
Crushmaster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2774 Crushmaster
[QUOTE="Crushmaster"][QUOTE="-Austin-"][QUOTE="Crushmaster"][QUOTE="STWELCH"][QUOTE="Crushmaster"][QUOTE="STWELCH"][QUOTE="Crushmaster"][QUOTE="STWELCH"][QUOTE="Crushmaster"][QUOTE="STWELCH"][QUOTE="Crushmaster"][QUOTE="Harshvardhan666"][QUOTE="Crushmaster"][QUOTE="Harshvardhan666"][QUOTE="blackregiment"]

The fallacy in your statement is that you are assuming that the various religions all serve the same God, the God of the Bible, which is not the case. You are also assuming that Christianity is a religion. It is not. It is a way of life through a personal relationship with Christ.-Austin-

Check out this article:

There is no other.

Look at this:

It doesn't matter. To use the bible to disprove something it would have to be accepted as truth by everyone and it is not.

Wouldn't that mean that something is not true unless everyone accepts it?
blackregiment

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2775 blackregiment

Sin also isn't an act against what is written in the Mosaic Law itself. If you commit an action against the principle of agape, then that would constitute sinning; in fact, agape is the only such thing which should guide us, since God is agape.

STWELCH

http://www.gotquestions.org/definition-sin.html
STWELCH

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2776 STWELCH
[QUOTE="STWELCH"]

blackregiment

http://www.gotquestions.org/definition-sin.html[/QUOTE]

Ok, posting a website link isn't going to really make me change my theology. It's not like I am ignorant here.

blackregiment

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2777 blackregiment
[QUOTE="blackregiment"][QUOTE="scorch-62"]I just think we should agree to disagree and stop forcing beliefs on other people over the Internet.scorch-62

We already have, When one rejects God's truth as you have, you have chosen to disagree with God.

Amo 3:3 Can two walk together, except they be agreed?

Your second argument, that Christians are "forcing" their beliefs on others is a fallacy in an attempt to poison the well. Rather than make a sweeping generalization like that, perhaps you can give specific examples how any Christian is "forcing" their beliefs on you or even how that is possible ober the internet.

Maybe by hearing God's truth, God is speaking to your heart and this is making you uncomfortable. His Word will do that.

Heb 4:12 For the word of God is quick, and powerful, and sharper than any two-edged sword, piercing even to the dividing asunder of soul and spirit, and of the joints and marrow, and is a discerner of the thoughts and intents of the heart.

Psa 46:10 Be still, and know that I am God: I will be exalted among the heathen, I will be exalted in the earth.

So you haven't seen ANY of the religion threads on the forum that were made in an attempt to convert everyone who doesn't believe in any kind of Christianity?

I cannot be responsible for what anyone else says or does. I am only responsible for my actions in obedience to the Lord. the Lord commands me to spread the Gospel and confron error and that is what I do. Any way, your point is a red herring. You used the word "force". Now tell me how anyone is "forcing you" against your wil, to do anything, even read these threads?

By the way,if you desire to comment on something I have written please do not include your comments into the body of the text I wrote or edit my comments in any way. Comment and edit outside of my text.

Crushmaster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2778 Crushmaster
[QUOTE="blackregiment"][QUOTE="STWELCH"]

STWELCH

http://www.gotquestions.org/definition-sin.html[/QUOTE]

Ok, posting a website link isn't going to really make me change my theology. It's not like I am ignorant here.

Did you read the article?

blackregiment

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2779 blackregiment

STWELCH

No one called you that. Those are your words. If you are not interested in what the Bible says, then that is your choice. That is between you and God. I was just providing information.

Joh 8:31 Then said Jesus to those Jews which believed on him, If ye continue in my word, then are ye my disciples indeed;
Joh 8:32 And ye shall know the truth, and the truth shall make you free.
Crushmaster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2780 Crushmaster

Signing off for now. I'm sure I'll be back in a few hours.
God bless,
Crushmaster.
blackregiment

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2781 blackregiment

I have to go too. See you later.

God bless

bridge404

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2782 bridge404
Member since 2008 • 46 Posts
I believe Im getting old so I have to believe ..lol
STWELCH

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2783 STWELCH
[QUOTE="STWELCH"]

blackregiment

No one called you that. Those are your words. If you are not interested in what the Bible says, then that is your choice. That is between you and God. I was just providing information.

Joh 8:31 Then said Jesus to those Jews which believed on him, If ye continue in my word, then are ye my disciples indeed;

No, I am interested. I just disagree with what the article says. My belief is different.

blackregiment

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2784 blackregiment

[QUOTE="Harshvardhan666"]That whole quiz is bogus.The first question does not have "none" option.I chose "one" and it started throwing bible verses at me.atejas

Heh, yeah I saw that.

You are incorrect. There are thousands of archaeological discoveries of people, places, and events recorded in the Bible that have been confirmed by archaeological discoveries. Many of these were thought to be fiction before evidence of their existence was discovered.

You also cannot summarily discount first hand testimony of writers that lived during the time of Christ. Writers that were willing to be tortured and die, for what they knew was true because they lived during the events. Using your logic, a policeman that observed a crime cannot be a witness because he works for law enforcement and his job s to catch criminals.

Finally you cannot ignore fulfilled prophecy.

In addition, there are nine non-Christian sources that wrote about the events surrounding Christ and his ffollowers.

It is your opinion, not the Bible that is fiction. I am sure you come by it honestly though through a lack of research on your part. You might want to do something about that.

Dr. Greenleaf, the Royal Professor of Law at Harvard University, was one of the greatest legal minds that ever lived. He wrote the famous legal volume entitled, A Treatise on the Law of Evidence, considered by many the greatest legal volume ever written. Dr. Simon Greenleaf believed the Resurrection of Jesus Christ was a hoax. And he determined, once and for all, to expose the "myth" of the Resurrection. After thoroughly examining the evidence for the resurrection — Dr. Greenleaf came to the exact opposite conclusion! He wrote a book entitled, An Examination of the Testimony of the Four Evangelists by the Rules of Evidence Administered in the Courts of Justice. In which he emphatically stated:

"it was IMPOSSIBLE that the apostles could have persisted in affirming the truths they had narrated, had not JESUS CHRIST ACTUALLY RISEN FROM THE DEAD, . . ."
(Simon Greenleaf, An Examination of the Testimony of the Four Evangelists by the Rules of Evidence Administered in the Courts of Justice, p.29).

Greenleaf concluded that according to the jurisdiction of legal evidence the resurrection of Jesus Christ was the best supported event in all of history!

And not only that, Dr. Greenleaf was so convinced by the overwhelming evidence, he committed his life to Jesus Christ!

Crushmaster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2785 Crushmaster
[QUOTE="blackregiment"][QUOTE="STWELCH"]

STWELCH

No, I am interested. I just disagree with what the article says. My belief is different.

Why do you disagree with what the article says?
Avatar image for 010dragonslayer
010dragonslayer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#2786 010dragonslayer
Member since 2006 • 574 Posts
Over 2000 posts? Daaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaamn.
Funky_Llama

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2787 Funky_Llama
Member since 2006 • 18428 Posts
[QUOTE="atejas"]

[QUOTE="Harshvardhan666"]That whole quiz is bogus.The first question does not have "none" option.I chose "one" and it started throwing bible verses at me.blackregiment

Heh, yeah I saw that.

You are incorrect. There are thousands of archaeological discoveries of people, places, and events recorded in the Bible that have been confirmed by archaeological discoveries. Many of these were thought to be fiction before evidence of their existence was discovered.

You also cannot summarily discount first hand testimony of writers that lived during the time of Christ. Writers that were willing to be tortured and die, for what they knew was true because they lived during the events. Using your logic, a policeman that observed a crime cannot be a witness because he works for law enforcement and his job s to catch criminals.

In addition, there are nine non-Christian sources that wrote about the events surrounding Christ and his ffollowers.

It is your opinion, not the Bible that is fiction. I am sure you come by it honestly though through a lack of research on your part. You might want to do something about that.

Dr. Greenleaf, the Royal Professor of Law at Harvard University, was one of the greatest legal minds that ever lived. He wrote the famous legal volume entitled, A Treatise on the Law of Evidence, considered by many the greatest legal volume ever written. Dr. Simon Greenleaf believed the Resurrection of Jesus Christ was a hoax. And he determined, once and for all, to expose the "myth" of the Resurrection. After thoroughly examining the evidence for the resurrection — Dr. Greenleaf came to the exact opposite conclusion! He wrote a book entitled, An Examination of the Testimony of the Four Evangelists by the Rules of Evidence Administered in the Courts of Justice. In which he emphatically stated:

"it was IMPOSSIBLE that the apostles could have persisted in affirming the truths they had narrated, had not JESUS CHRIST ACTUALLY RISEN FROM THE DEAD, . . ."
(Simon Greenleaf, An Examination of the Testimony of the Four Evangelists by the Rules of Evidence Administered in the Courts of Justice, p.29).

Greenleaf concluded that according to the jurisdiction of legal evidence the resurrection of Jesus Christ was the best supported event in all of history!

And not only that, Dr. Greenleaf was so convinced by the overwhelming evidence, he committed his life to Jesus Christ!

Just because the Bible is historically accurate in some places (emphasis on some) doesn't mean it's all true.

Harshvardhan666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2788 Harshvardhan666
Oh noes.Funky,what have you done?You edited parts of his posts.
blackregiment

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2789 blackregiment

[QUOTE="pwner372"]why can't we just keep at every one can believe what they want to believe. i believe that jesus is the son of god and died on the cross for the sins of all people of the world and that belief in him and god are the only way to heaven. and Harsh, do you have to be so sarcastic about someones beliefsHarshvardhan666
I am not being sarcastic.I respect his beliefs.But I don't want him to tell me I have to be saved.If I needed saving,I would have told him long ago. Plus he also gives me an opening.Its so hard to resist.

It would be very sad but ironic if, come judgement day, you are standing before God and He tells you that your name is not written in the Lamb's Book of Life. I would be willing to bet that you would say, "Come on God, I didn't know, why didn't you tell me you were real? He might respond with something like this, "I tried to but you wouldn't listen". You might might respond with, "When"? To which He might just respond, "Remember that guy called blackregiment?" " I sent him to tell you about me but you chose not to listen".

Rev 20:12 And I saw the dead, small and great, stand before God; and the books were opened: and another book was opened, which is the book of life: and the dead were judged out of those things which were written in the books, according to their works.
Rev 20:13 And the sea gave up the dead which were in it; and death and hell delivered up the dead which were in them: and they were judged every man according to their works.
Rev 20:14 And death and hell were cast into the lake of fire. This is the second death.
Rev 20:15 And whosoever was not found written in the book of life was cast into the lake of fire.

Harshvardhan666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2790 Harshvardhan666

It would be very sad but ironic if, come judgement day, you are standing before God and He tells you that your name is not written in the Lamb's Book of Life. I would be willing to bet that you would say, "Come on God, I didn't know, why didn't you tell me you were real? He might respond with something like this, "I tried to but you wouldn't listen". You might might respond with, "When"? To which He might just respond, "Remember that guy called blackregiment?" " I sent him to tell you about me but you chose not to listen".

blackregiment
If that ever happens,I will not react that way.I accept the consequences of my actions.I will not beg to god.Never.Not even after death.I lived my life not believing in him.If he does happen to exist,I will not bow my head before him.
Funky_Llama

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2791 Funky_Llama

Oh noes.Funky,what have you done?You edited parts of his posts.Harshvardhan666

Did I?

[QUOTE="Harshvardhan666"][QUOTE="pwner372"]why can't we just keep at every one can believe what they want to believe. i believe that jesus is the son of god and died on the cross for the sins of all people of the world and that belief in him and god are the only way to heaven. and Harsh, do you have to be so sarcastic about someones beliefsblackregiment

Rev 20:12 And I saw the dead, small and great, stand before God; and the books were opened: and another book was opened, which is the book of life: and the dead were judged out of those things which were written in the books, according to their works.
Rev 20:13 And the sea gave up the dead which were in it; and death and hell delivered up the dead which were in them: and they were judged every man according to their works.
Rev 20:14 And death and hell were cast into the lake of fire. This is the second death.
Rev 20:15 And whosoever was not found written in the book of life was cast into the lake of fire.

So, you're saying that you are a messenger from God. :roll: All hail blackregiment!

You'd think that God, being omnipotent, would be able to tell us himself.

blackregiment

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2792 blackregiment
[QUOTE="blackregiment"][QUOTE="atejas"]

[QUOTE="Harshvardhan666"]That whole quiz is bogus.The first question does not have "none" option.I chose "one" and it started throwing bible verses at me.Funky_Llama

Heh, yeah I saw that.

Just because the Bible is historically accurate in some places (emphasis on some) doesn't mean it's all true.

I agree. I never said that that one fact made it true. When evaluating the truth of a historical even, one must look at all of the evidence available and then make a rational decision based on the weight of the total evidence. That is what Dr. Greenleaf did. In fact, he set out on his quest, and an atheist to examine the evidence, in an attempt to disprove the claims of Christianity, and ended up a believer after examining ALL of the evidence. That is all I have ever asked anyone to do. Don't take my word for it, do the research yourself. Then, and only then can a person be truly honest with himself and feel comfortable that they have made the right decision.

Harshvardhan666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2794 Harshvardhan666

[QUOTE="Harshvardhan666"]Oh noes.Funky,what have you done?You edited parts of his posts.Funky_Llama

Did I?

So, you're saying that you are a messenger from God. :roll: All hail blackregiment!

Funky_Llama
I mean you edited stuff when you quoted him.Thou has messed with the word of god.REPENT. god's too good for us humans.that's why we have blackregiment.
mayormoose

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#2795 mayormoose
Member since 2007 • 836 Posts

It was meant to be god's word, so thats all it can be. Whats there to misinterpret?

It is what it is meant to be.

Funky_Llama

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2796 Funky_Llama
[QUOTE="Funky_Llama"][QUOTE="blackregiment"][QUOTE="atejas"]

[QUOTE="Harshvardhan666"]That whole quiz is bogus.The first question does not have "none" option.I chose "one" and it started throwing bible verses at me.blackregiment

Heh, yeah I saw that.

I agree. I never said that that one fact made it true. When evaluating the truth of a historical even, one must look at all of the evidence available and then make a rational decision based on the weight of the total evidence. That is what Dr. Greenleaf did. In fact, he set out on his quest, and an atheist to examine the evidence, in an attempt to disprove the claims of Christianity, and ended up a believer after examining ALL of the evidence. That is all I have ever asked anyone to do. Don't take my word for it, do the research yourself. Then, and only then can a person be truly honest with himself and feel comfortable that they have made the right decision.

Pfft. I have looked. I try to be as open-minded as I can; I have looked up arguments in favour of religion, and none of them has been convincing in the slightest. I can assure you that if I am wrong, it is through an honest mistake rather than wilful ignorance.

Crushmaster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2797 Crushmaster

[QUOTE="Harshvardhan666"]Oh noes.Funky,what have you done?You edited parts of his posts.Funky_Llama

Did I?

[QUOTE="Harshvardhan666"][QUOTE="pwner372"]why can't we just keep at every one can believe what they want to believe. i believe that jesus is the son of god and died on the cross for the sins of all people of the world and that belief in him and god are the only way to heaven. and Harsh, do you have to be so sarcastic about someones beliefsblackregiment

Blackregiment is a witness for God, as I am, and as should be every other Christian.
(Matthew 28:19-20) - "Go ye therefore, and teach all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost: {20} Teaching them to observe all things whatsoever I have commanded you: and, lo, I am with you alway, even unto the end of the world. Amen."
(Mark 16:15) - "And he said unto them, Go ye into all the world, and preach the gospel to every creature."
Avatar image for deactivated-59d151f079814
deactivated-59d151f079814

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2798 deactivated-59d151f079814
Member since 2003 • 47239 Posts
[QUOTE="Funky_Llama"][QUOTE="blackregiment"][QUOTE="atejas"]

Heh, yeah I saw that.

Yes yes we know.. The exact same can be said for the opposite side.. Many people who were disbelievers towards science in evolution for instance came out people who accepted it.. Just because one guy changed, doesn't verify its some how proof.. This is appeal to authority.

mlbslugger86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#2799 mlbslugger86
Member since 2004 • 12867 Posts

oh my god...this thread acutually has more than 1000 posts...:o

and the bible is something that people lie on, in court i mean

Harshvardhan666