What do all of you have against pacifists?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Super_Hippie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1 Super_Hippie
Member since 2005 • 131 Posts

I made a topic yesterday and if I wasn't called a liar, I was demeaned and belittled, just because I stood up for what I believe in. Do you all just follow the crowd? Allow yourself to be herded into what the capitalists think you should be into? Sorry, but I'd rather get choked out than willingly allow my integrity as a human being be comprimised by the same people who believe sweat is for the poor.

Just so you all know, I plan on returning to the same mall today to finally get my copy of Orange Box and odds are, I'll end up crossing paths with the buzz-head and Old Freebe again. Since most of you just trolled my last topic, I probably wont even bother updating you all on what happens unless there are some people that actually want to know.

Omni-Slash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#2 Omni-Slash
Member since 2003 • 54450 Posts

what's wrong with pacifism...hmmm......besides the fact thet it's an idealistic joke?........Natural Selection..the weak are picked off by the strong.....a pacifist just puts a target on his back that says "own me"....

FragStains

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#3 FragStains
Member since 2003 • 20668 Posts

Pacifism isn't realistic. It would be nice if the world can exist with pacifism but it just simply won't....ever. It's nice to have dreams of a utopia but it will never happen so you might as well face reality.

Also, if what you said yesterday really happened why have you not contacted any autorities or media outlets...News companies would drool over this story. And why didn't you divulge the name of the mall?

Oleg_Huzwog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 Oleg_Huzwog
Member since 2007 • 21885 Posts

I'm going to stand next to you and continuously poke your shoulder. As a pacifist, you can't do anything but take your poking. Sure, you can try to reason with me, but I know your words are empty as you have no demonstrable will to do anything but talk and plead.

*poke*
*poke*
*poke*
*poke*
*poke*

Avatar image for deactivated-5f9e3c6a83e51
deactivated-5f9e3c6a83e51

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

#5 deactivated-5f9e3c6a83e51
Member since 2004 • 57548 Posts

The ironic thing is that you complain about getting ridiculed and insulted, yet you speak perjoratively about others as well.

As far as pacifists, I have no problem with that. I'm sure our country would be better if we thought a little more before we acted. However, with any theory or belief, too much of one thing is not good. Sometimes you do have to act. You do have to stand up and be active and willing to fight for your rights.

sca321

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 sca321
Member since 2003 • 1903 Posts
Most of the people who claim to be pacifists aren't, including yourself. You claimed you were fighting with him, ergo you're not a pacifist. People called you a liar because the story was ridiculous.
The_Ish

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 The_Ish
Member since 2006 • 13913 Posts

Here is why your pacifism fails: You are alone in it.

rudyroundhead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#8 rudyroundhead
Member since 2003 • 9612 Posts
Avoiding conflict is cool but at some point you have to protect yourself and those that you care about. Be careful the recruiter may violate you again today. Go the other way if you see him.
LoG-Sacrament

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 33

#9 LoG-Sacrament
Member since 2006 • 20397 Posts
according to your story, you kicked the guy while he was down. that doesnt sound very pacifist. what happened to flower power and all that hippie crap?
Wolf-Man2006

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#10 Wolf-Man2006
Member since 2006 • 4187 Posts
I have nothing against the non-hypocritical pacifists. Sure, I disagree with them, but there are some nice pacifists out there.
DrummerJon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 DrummerJon
Member since 2004 • 9668 Posts

what's wrong with pacifism...hmmm......besides the fact thet it's an idealistic joke?........Natural Selection..the weak are picked off by the strong.....a pacifist just puts a target on his back that says "own me"....

Omni-Slash

survival of the fittest does not mean the ability to pwn, it means the ability to make babys. pacifism can acually be benifitial to evolution, if you dont get in fights youll live longer and have more babys.

I'm not one but theres nothing wrong with pacifism unless its to the extent that you'd let someone kill you before langing a punch.

Super_Hippie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Super_Hippie

Most of the people who claim to be pacifists aren't, including yourself. You claimed you were fighting with him, ergo you're not a pacifist. People called you a liar because the story was ridiculous.sca321

You obviously don't even know what a true pacifist is, then. Pacifists are like water, fluid and flexible. But when there's enough of a reason, even water can have massively destructive effects. If you think a pacifist is just going to let someone beat the crap out of him, then you're just naive.

Cyrax-Sektor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#13 Cyrax-Sektor
Member since 2006 • 12060 Posts

Capitalist? I'm a sloth. :P

Omni-Slash
:lol:
MrGeezer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 MrGeezer
Member since 2002 • 59765 Posts

I once read a news story about this guy who was at his son's hockey game. Anyway, one of the other parents started talking crap about the dad's son. So the dad punched the guy, and then the guy died. The dad then went to prison, which ruined his life.

If he had been a pacifist, that never would have happened.

MrGeezer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 MrGeezer

I'm going to stand next to you and continuously poke your shoulder. As a pacifist, you can't do anything but take your poking. Sure, you can try to reason with me, but I know your words are empty as you have no demonstrable will to do anything but talk and plead.

*poke*
*poke*
*poke*
*poke*
*poke*

Oleg_Huzwog

Uh...he could walk away.

Alphacy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 Alphacy
Member since 2007 • 1890 Posts
I'm not against pacifism, but it's 'survival of the fittest', so if you choose to become a pacifist, you will not survive mentally and physically. Believe me, after a while, you will turn your back against it, because you can't take it anymore. That's what happened to me...
sca321

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 sca321
Member since 2003 • 1903 Posts

[QUOTE="sca321"]Most of the people who claim to be pacifists aren't, including yourself. You claimed you were fighting with him, ergo you're not a pacifist. People called you a liar because the story was ridiculous.Super_Hippie

You obviously don't even know what a true pacifist is, then. Pacifists are like water, fluid and flexible. But when there's enough of a reason, even water can have massively destructive effects. If you think a pacifist is just going to let someone beat the crap out of him, then you're just naive.

I'm pretty sure pacifists don't kick people in the ribs while they're down "for good measure". I don't even know why I'm bothering arguing this because I don't believe that it happened.
hair001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 hair001
Member since 2005 • 1202 Posts
Well if you keep on turning the other cheeck then your proberbly going to keep on getting hit
Omni-Slash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 Omni-Slash
survival of the fittest does not mean the ability to pwn, it means the ability to make babys. pacifism can acually be benifitial to evolution, if you dont get in fights youll live longer and have more babys.

I'm not one but theres nothing wrong with pacifism unless its to the extent that you'd let someone kill you before langing a punch.

DrummerJon
wrong...name me one girl who will jump in the sac with somone who doesn't have the testicular fortitude to defend her.......let me answer that for you....none.....
Cyrax-Sektor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 Cyrax-Sektor

Well if you keep on turning the other cheeck then your proberbly going to keep on getting hithair001
Reminds me of an old movie where these religious guys got picked on by a Major in the old Western days. Then they found in the Bible there was a time to protect themselves, a time to fight.

Now all I have to say is: how'd they overlook that if they read it so many times?

MrGeezer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 MrGeezer

Well if you keep on turning the other cheeck then your proberbly going to keep on getting hithair001

I know a guy who used to get slapped around by a bully. Anyway, one day he decided he'd had enough, and he slapped the bully back. The bully then stopped slapping him around, and started pummelling the bejeezus out of the guy. A broken nose, a concusion, and 4 missing teeth later, and the bully went right back to slapping the guy around.

Super_Hippie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 Super_Hippie

Perhaps. But and eye for an eye leaves the whole world blind.

Cyrax-Sektor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 Cyrax-Sektor

[QUOTE="hair001"]Well if you keep on turning the other cheeck then your proberbly going to keep on getting hitSuper_Hippie

A lot of good that'll do for the world. Blind men can't stab. Blind men can't shoot. Blind men can't fight.

At least, it'll be very difficult to do so.

hair001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 hair001

[QUOTE="hair001"]Well if you keep on turning the other cheeck then your proberbly going to keep on getting hitSuper_Hippie

No it dosn't. I'm not in full support of the idea, but it works very well with some restaint and thought
Omni-Slash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 Omni-Slash

I know a guy who used to get slapped around by a bully. Anyway, one day he decided he'd had enough, and he slapped the bully back. The bully then stopped slapping him around, and started pummelling the bejeezus out of the guy. A broken nose, a concusion, and 4 missing teeth later, and the bully went right back to slapping the guy around.

MrGeezer
next tiem instead of slapping..I'd suggest hitting him in the nuts slapping his face and say if you ever slap me a gain I'll really **** you up........only reason teh bully continues to do it is because he know the guy will never step up....
bentleg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 bentleg
Member since 2006 • 443 Posts
Pacifism only works if everybody is a pacifist.
hair001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 hair001

[QUOTE="hair001"]Well if you keep on turning the other cheeck then your proberbly going to keep on getting hitMrGeezer

Sounds like some serious jail time for the man. Your friend should have complained earlier, and its not his fault anyway that his actions led to that.
Omni-Slash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 Omni-Slash

rather have people that are eyeless than spineless.....
MrGeezer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 MrGeezer
[QUOTE="MrGeezer"]

Omni-Slash

next tiem instead of slapping..I'd suggest hitting him in the nuts slapping his face and say if you ever slap me a gain I'll really **** you up........only reason teh bully continues to do it is because he know the guy will never step up....

If the bully thought that a slap was worth totally ****ing the guy up, I'd hate to think about what the punishment for nut-punching would be.

Omni-Slash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 Omni-Slash

If the bully thought that a slap was worth totally ****ing the guy up, I'd hate to think about what the punishment for nut-punching would be.

MrGeezer
in all honesty standing up for yourself only works if you do it within a certain time frame....if the pattern of behavior is already set.....the bully is going to know what the outcome will always be...and will fight harder to reassure that outcome.....like I've already taught my son....someone hits you you ask him to stop....does it again.....you give him one more chance.....after that....take the little ****er down.....
Super_Hippie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 Super_Hippie

Omni-Slash
rather have people that are eyeless than spineless.....

Don't confuse compassion for cowardess. Just because we don't want to inflict harm on anyone doesn't mean we are spineless. The real cowards are the selfish - the ones that act completely on impulse to a means of their own cause. Tell me, how is someone that stands up to a parade of tanks in the middle of a street, bare-handed, spineless? How could Gandhi, a man that stood up to the world's super powers with just his voice, a coward? Don't kid yourself, tough guy.

normal_man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 normal_man
Member since 2005 • 1724 Posts
What? Im dont have anything against pacifism... I don't interested is such of things... :P
kulmiye

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 kulmiye
Member since 2004 • 12094 Posts
[QUOTE="MrGeezer"]

Omni-Slash

in all honesty standing up for yourself only works if you do it within a certain time frame....if the pattern of behavior is already set.....the bully is going to know what the outcome will always be...and will fight harder to reassure that outcome.....like I've already taught my son....someone hits you you ask him to stop....does it again.....you give him one more chance.....after that....take the little ****er down.....

True Bullying only happens if you let it happen... You can even become friends with the person... guy or girl :lol:

MrGeezer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 MrGeezer
[QUOTE="MrGeezer"]

Omni-Slash

Well once again, this is assuming that you CAN take him down.

It's like, sometimes I'll hear people say stuff along the lines of, "if someone had said that to me, I'd have kicked his ass."

And I'm just thinking, "if kicking someone's ass is that easy, then how come approximately 50% of the people in all fights fail at it?"

-Twilight-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 -Twilight-
Member since 2005 • 8931 Posts
[QUOTE="MrGeezer"]

Omni-Slash

That only works if you're physically stronger or the better fighter between you and that person. Nothing's wrong with believing in "Surivial of the Fittest", I believe it myself, but you have to pick your battles. If I were Super Hippie I would have not challenged the Army recruiter. If your son ever gets beat within an inch of his life I'm sure you'd wonder why he didn't get higher ups (school adminstrators/staff I'm assuming) involved, rather than just preach "Well, you win some you lose some-what doesn't kill you only makes you stronger" when he comes home battered and bruised.
Omni-Slash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 Omni-Slash

Don't confuse compassion for cowardess. Just because we don't want to inflict harm on anyone doesn't mean we are spineless. The real cowards are the selfish - the ones that act completely on impulse to a means of their own cause. Tell me, how is someone that stands up to a parade of tanks in the middle of a street, bare-handed, spineless? How could Gandhi, a man that stood up to the world's super powers with just his voice, a coward? Don't kid yourself, tough guy.

Super_Hippie
umm don't fool yourself...they did that with a purpose...not for the sake of being pacifists.......why are you being a pacifist?...are you standing up to rid India of it's colonialism?..or are you instead standing behind a meansto an end so you don't feel bad when somone kicks your ass?.....
Avatar image for DeeJayInphinity
DeeJayInphinity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 DeeJayInphinity
Member since 2004 • 13415 Posts

That only works if you're physically stronger or the better fighter between you and that person. Nothing's wrong with believing in "Surivial of the Fittest", I believe it myself, but you have to pick your battles.
-Twilight-

Indeed; fighting back isn't always the only option, you have to know when to stay away from a fight and when to get into a fight.

YeahYes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 YeahYes
Member since 2002 • 7128 Posts

I'm a pacifist and that means im not gonna go and provoke a fight, and im only gonna fight if someone does a lot more than just talk crap to me, but if i absolutely had to i would. Pacifism doesnt necessarily mean complete non violence.

Omni-Slash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 Omni-Slash

That only works if you're physically stronger or the better fighter between you and that person. Nothing's wrong with believing in "Surivial of the Fittest", I believe it myself, but you have to pick your battles. If I were Super Hippie I would have not challenged the Army recruiter. If your son ever gets beat within an inch of his life I'm sure you'd wonder why he didn't get higher ups (school adminstrators/staff I'm assuming) involved, rather than just preach "Well, you win some you lose some-what doesn't kill you only makes you stronger" when he comes home battered and bruised.
-Twilight-
absolutely not.....getting somone to fight your fights for you never results in anything good....then what happens when the adnministrator leaves?....oh yeah...double the punishment....you're right...he may lose...if so....at least he stood up for himself and he can be proud that he did......better to live a short life than to live a long one cowered in fear....
YeahYes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 YeahYes
Member since 2002 • 7128 Posts
[QUOTE="Omni-Slash"][QUOTE="MrGeezer"]

-Twilight-

I'm pretty small, thats genetics i guess so If I ever get into a situation where I have to fight for my life i don't have a good chance of coming out alive, and thats about the time taking that chance would be worth it.

That is why Im pro-second amendment though.

darkIink

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 darkIink
Member since 2006 • 2705 Posts
lol at everyone who mocks him for his not believing in fighting, when any of you would be in a fight against someone, YOU would be the one getting your @** kicked. I bet those who said "let me hit you since you can't fight back" would never even think about starting a fight in real life; have fun taunting behind the safety of your computer monitor.
Omni-Slash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 Omni-Slash
lol at everyone who mocks him for his not believing in fighting, when any of you would be in a fight against someone, YOU would be the one getting your @** kicked. I bet those who said "let me hit you since you can't fight back" would never even think about starting a fight in real life; have fun taunting behind the safety of your computer monitor.darkIink
hey he can believe what he wants......I'm not advocating going out and starting a fight at all......my point is..not fighting back means you lose before it even begins.....if it makes people feel better to say..."but I'm a pacifist"...good for them.....but in the end......you're still getting your arse kicked......
wemhim

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 wemhim
Member since 2005 • 16110 Posts

[QUOTE="sca321"]Most of the people who claim to be pacifists aren't, including yourself. You claimed you were fighting with him, ergo you're not a pacifist. People called you a liar because the story was ridiculous.Super_Hippie

That's like a vegetarian saying, "I AM a vegetarian, between meals". You're not a Pacifist, you're what's calleda guy who only fights for a reason. AKA: Not a jack ass.
Omni-Slash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 Omni-Slash

That's like a vegetarian saying, "I AM a vegetarian, between meals". You're not a Pacifist, you're what's calleda guy who only fights for a reason. AKA: Not a jack ass. wemhim
and here is a actual definition....sheesh...I missed the fact that he din't know what pacifism is....

pacifism
noun1.the doctrine that all violence is unjustifiable

seriously.....getting into fights can be healthy....looking for them is not.......there is a big difference to what you are saying you are and what a true pacifist is.....

Attunnel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#46 Attunnel
Member since 2003 • 1724 Posts

Omni-Slash
Me, you and Hitler are all on the same page bro.
Omni-Slash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 Omni-Slash
Me, you and Hitler are all on the same page bro.
Attunnel
mehh..but hitler did it by arbitrary traits...hair color?..religion?...pfft......underachiever...bring back the colesiums....
hair001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 hair001
lol at everyone who mocks him for his not believing in fighting, when any of you would be in a fight against someone, YOU would be the one getting your @** kicked.darkIink
Yeah, because you know me personaly right?
Super_Hippie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 Super_Hippie

I always have to laugh when someone brings a dictionary to an arguement.

This is the last time I'm going to say it. Just because we don't advocate violence and can in no way justify it doesn't mean we aren't going to use self defense when necessary. The rule of pacifism is that ALL fights can be avoided. You can talk theoretics all you want, but the odds are, if I'm walking away from you, you're not going to take me from behind. And even if you do, you're going to jail, it's as simple as that. And in the event that you've escalated it for no reason at all, then I might just break your wrist while defending myself. There's just as much violence if not more in a one-sided fight as there is when someone is fighting back. At that point, it's completely unavoidable. It's not like if I got attacked in the woods by a wolf I'd just let it eat me. Again, stop being so presumptuous.

pinkgorilla989

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 pinkgorilla989
Member since 2007 • 135 Posts

I always have to laugh when someone brings a dictionary to an arguement.

This is the last time I'm going to say it. Just because we don't advocate violence and can in no way justify it doesn't mean we aren't going to use self defense when necessary. The rule of pacifism is that ALL fights can be avoided. You can talk theoretics all you want, but the odds are, if I'm walking away from you, you're not going to take me from behind. And even if you do, you're going to jail, it's as simple as that. And in the event that you've escalated it for no reason at all, then I might just break your wrist while defending myself. There's just as much violence if not more in a one-sided fight as there is when someone is fighting back. At that point, it's completely unavoidable. It's not like if I got attacked in the woods by a wolf I'd just let it eat me. Again, stop being so presumptuous.

Super_Hippie

All fights can be avoided my ass.