What caused the California Massacre this weekend?

• 78 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

TruthTellers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Poll What caused the California Massacre this weekend? (28 votes)

Guns and knives 21%
The killer's sense of entitlement and self obssesion 79%
 • 
brimmul777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 52

User Lists: 2

#1 brimmul777
Member since 2011 • 6098 Posts

Don't know too much about it.Can someone enlighten me.

TruthTellers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By TruthTellers
Member since 2012 • 3393 Posts

@brimmul777 said:

Don't know too much about it.Can someone enlighten me.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2638474/Son-Hunger-Games-assistant-director-stabbed-3-shot-3-others.html

Makhaidos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Makhaidos
Member since 2013 • 2162 Posts

Gayness, duh. Don't you watch Fox News?

Avatar image for deactivated-5acfa3a8bc51d
deactivated-5acfa3a8bc51d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#4  Edited By deactivated-5acfa3a8bc51d
Member since 2005 • 7914 Posts

Two good options umm blame a gun because killer sense of entitlement and self obession can't be stopped. Not saying ban guns but i do blame it

aGuerillaUnit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By aGuerillaUnit
Member since 2007 • 79 Posts

this forum is dead man, no one even mentioned the shooting until hours after it happened. Back in the day it would have been posted within 5 minutes and there would be hundreds of responses, gg.

jun_aka_pekto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#6 jun_aka_pekto
Member since 2010 • 25255 Posts

The guy can't get women to go out with him. So he blamed them for him being a loser and decided to take it out on them.

TruthTellers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 TruthTellers
@aGuerillaUnit said:

this forum is dead man, no one even mentioned the shooting until hours after it happened. Back in the day it would have been posted within 5 minutes and there would be hundreds of responses, gg.

I agree with you as OT has maybe 50 active posters not including the "free tv and movies CLICK LINK HERE" bots. Of course, this all occurred on Friday night of Memorial Day weekend and wasn't even covered by media until Saturday morning so it wasn't going to be talked about on here immediately.

This isn't relative to the current topic however, and I'd like to keep this Off Topic thread on topic.

Kevlar101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 29

#8  Edited By Kevlar101
Member since 2011 • 6316 Posts

Hollywood values, of course. The shooter was the son of the second-unit director for The Hunger Games. What does that tell you? The lack of morals in Hollywood caused this!

PannicAtack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 PannicAtack
Member since 2006 • 21040 Posts

Going with entitlement and misogyny. Also racism.

Avatar image for speedfreak48t5p
speedfreak48t5p

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 62

#10  Edited By speedfreak48t5p
Member since 2009 • 14419 Posts

I blame Liberals. It's always the Liberals.

BossPerson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 BossPerson
Member since 2011 • 9177 Posts

with a bmw coupe, i would be satisfied just driving around for the rest of my life.

kid is a nutcase/loser

Behardy24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#12  Edited By Behardy24
Member since 2014 • 5324 Posts

Not going to say anything that hasn't already been said, but when I hear of story I could only think of the quote below. I don't know who originally made it, but I saw it in Vinny Caravella's account feed one time and though it was a great. Here it is:

"If you can't be the hero in your own story, don't be the villain is someone else's"

BluRayHiDef

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By BluRayHiDef
Member since 2009 • 10839 Posts

I don't think Elliot Rogers, the alleged perpetrator of this shooting spree, was evil. I think he was bitter and misguided. In a society where a man's worth is determined by how favorable he is to the opposite sex - and as part of a social species - it's understandable that he became unnervingly frustrated at his inability to connect with women. Also, when you consider how avoidant and condescending women are to men who don't fit the "ideal" man (i.e. tall, masculine and socially aggressive), it's even more understanding why a shorter and socially subtle man like Elliot snapped.

Personally, I blame feminism. If women weren't so elated by our culture, it wouldn't be so ridiculously difficult for "non-ideal" men to connect with them. Imagine having women run away from you because you're a bit quiet and are considered weird. Now, imagine if everyone agreed with such womens' sentiment toward you, blaming you and calling you a loser because of such womens' over-the-top reaction.

Keep in mind that I'm not justifying Elliot's actions, because I think he went too far. I'm merely explaining the reason for them.

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 86

User Lists: 2

#14  Edited By uninspiredcup
Member since 2013 • 59069 Posts

Government controlled cancer water.

Dogswithguns

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#15 Dogswithguns
Member since 2007 • 11359 Posts

People kill people... bottomline.

Sword-Demon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 Sword-Demon
Member since 2008 • 7007 Posts

The guy was arrogant beyond belief. He referred to himself as superior to the rest of humanity and "the closest thing there is to a living god."

that kind of arrogance doesn't take well to rejection.

TruthTellers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By TruthTellers
@BluRayHiDef said:

I don't think Elliot Rogers, the alleged perpetrator of this shooting spree, was evil. I think he was bitter and misguided. In a society where a man's worth is determined by how favorable he is to the opposite sex - and as part of a social species - it's understandable that he became unnervingly frustrated at his inability to connect with women. Also, when you consider how avoidant and condescending women are to men who don't fit the "ideal" man (i.e. tall, masculine and socially aggressive), it's even more understanding why a shorter and socially subtle man like Elliot snapped.

Personally, I blame feminism. If women weren't so elated by our culture, it wouldn't be so ridiculously difficult for "non-ideal" men to connect with them. Imagine having women run away from you because you're a bit quiet and are considered weird. Now, imagine if everyone agreed with such womens' sentiment toward you, blaming you and calling you a loser because of such womens' over-the-top reaction.

Keep in mind that I'm not justifying Elliot's actions, because I think he went too far. I'm merely explaining the reason for them.

Ya know what? I hadn't considered this until I read your well worded response and I think you're partially correct. When I look at this kid, I can see the effects of bullying done on him by people probably because of his condition.Younger people in their 20's are terrible people, especially the ones from California and I would not put it past them if they led him on only to hurt him emotionally. You see, it's an equal level of fault both on this kid and his entitlement views, but also the feminists he's blaming. Strangely enough, the kid's father is also to blame as he works for the sewage plant known as Hollywood which has destroyed the minds of younger people.

Rogers shouldn't have been sold those guns, but at the time he bought them he passed all the background checks and according to all reports was a respectful young man. More gun control legislation is like a treatment of the symptoms and not the root cause of all this strife. The only thing that would have stopped him before he snapped would have been if the police who were sent to investigate complaints against him had searched his room and found the guns and 400 rounds of ammo he had. I assume that the cops were more concerned about what they were going to get for lunch then making sure this kid wasn't planning something he'd already said he'd do on the internet. Another thing that would have helped is if this kid had a better family life and his father wasn't so neglectful of his son and had spent more time with him and didn't go off marrying other Hollywood Hookers.

I hope that the victim's families sue the boy's father and the Police department for wrongful deaths because it does seem that this kid was bullied to the point of suicide and little was done to help him. I also hope the people that bullied him learn a lesson and that their actions had consequences that led this kid to the point of blind rage. Of course, they're probably passed out on booze and drugs so I doubt they are feeling much of anything right now.

Jankarcop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Jankarcop
Member since 2011 • 11058 Posts

It's no mystery what caused it, he even made a forum post about it days before the killing:

http://webcache.googleusercontent.com/search?q=cache:http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=161988053

05-18-2014, 08:37 PM

-Seriously, today at my college I saw this short, ugly Indian guy driving a Honda civic, and he had a hot blonde girl in his passenger seat. What on earth is up with that?!?!? I would climb mount Everest 10 times just to have a girl like that with me. I drive a BMW coupe and I've struggled all my life to get a girlfriend. What's wrong with this world?

-Well, I find it unjust that a white girl would choose him over me.

'He's a jelly racist.

Also, a video of the day before: dude is psycho with a super villian laugh

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MQUW3Km01BM&bpctr=1401083540

Master_Live

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#19 Master_Live
Member since 2004 • 20510 Posts
Loading Video...

AutoPilotOn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 AutoPilotOn
Member since 2010 • 8655 Posts

@Jankarcop: wow what a messed up view if the world. He feels that he deserves a gf because he drives a BMW and because someone else is Indian and drives civic he doesn't?

Master_Live

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 Master_Live

The best thing was the laugh. It was so ridiculous, like taken from a bad movie.

Barbariser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#22  Edited By Barbariser
Member since 2009 • 6785 Posts

Based on what I've read so far, it's a very strange and explosive combination of being mentally ill, sexist and racist.

@BluRayHiDef said:

You can always trust BluRay to make a poorly reasoned, morally disgusting and unsubstantiated argument whenever a topic vaguely related to women comes up. Look at this absurd nonsense, does anyone honestly think that feminism is the reason why women aren't willing to **** sexually entitled creeps who openly discuss their misogynistic/racist beliefs and inclinations towards mass murder?

Master_Live

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 Master_Live

@BluRayHiDef said:

Keep in mind that I'm not justifying Elliot's actions, because I think he went too far.

Good to know you feel that way.

@TruthTellers said:
@BluRayHiDef said:

Ya know what? I hadn't considered this until I read your well worded response and I think you're partially correct. When I look at this kid, I can see the effects of bullying done on him by people probably because of his condition.Younger people in their 20's are terrible people, especially the ones from California and I would not put it past them if they led him on only to hurt him emotionally. You see, it's an equal level of fault both on this kid and his entitlement views, but also the feminists he's blaming. Strangely enough, the kid's father is also to blame as he works for the sewage plant known as Hollywood which has destroyed the minds of younger people.

Rogers shouldn't have been sold those guns, but at the time he bought them he passed all the background checks and according to all reports was a respectful young man. More gun control legislation is like a treatment of the symptoms and not the root cause of all this strife. The only thing that would have stopped him before he snapped would have been if the police who were sent to investigate complaints against him had searched his room and found the guns and 400 rounds of ammo he had. I assume that the cops were more concerned about what they were going to get for lunch then making sure this kid wasn't planning something he'd already said he'd do on the internet. Another thing that would have helped is if this kid had a better family life and his father wasn't so neglectful of his son and had spent more time with him and didn't go off marrying other Hollywood Hookers.

I hope that the victim's families sue the boy's father and the Police department for wrongful deaths because it does seem that this kid was bullied to the point of suicide and little was done to help him. I also hope the people that bullied him learn a lesson and that their actions had consequences that led this kid to the point of blind rage. Of course, they're probably passed out on booze and drugs so I doubt they are feeling much of anything right now.

Not sure if serious.

Avatar image for deactivated-6127ced9bcba0
deactivated-6127ced9bcba0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 deactivated-6127ced9bcba0
Member since 2006 • 31700 Posts

Nothing is at fault except for the murderer. I've had my fair share of rejection. I don't go out with my firearms and start massacring people.

TruthTellers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 TruthTellers
@joehult said:

This is what is meant by society is headed to hell in a hand basket. The guys are growing up self entitled, never once having to deal with negative correction, and women don't put out anymore, even the 5s and 6s are content getting professional jobs and staying single. The way society has been raising kids the last 25 years will literally kill us all!

Amen my brother! The actions this kid undertook are the results and moreover the zeitgeist of the American society of the past 20+ years.

Netret0120

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#27  Edited By Netret0120
Member since 2013 • 3594 Posts

Blame the parents and the Government.

Master_Live

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By Master_Live

Blame Obama.

PannicAtack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 PannicAtack
Member since 2006 • 21040 Posts

@TruthTellers said:
@BluRayHiDef said:

Raging misogynist murders people 'cause he's a raging misogynist. Clearly it's the feminists' fault.

AutoPilotOn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By AutoPilotOn
Member since 2010 • 8655 Posts

@PannicAtack: yea really how date women feel the need to able to pick a man they want or deny an advance instead of just being chosen. I mean clearly a man with a BMW should automatically get all the women. What would a women be doing with a man driving a civic late model even geezz. Clearly she isn't smart enough and needed guidance

xdude85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By xdude85
Member since 2006 • 6559 Posts

Marilyn Manson.

GazaAli

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By GazaAli
Member since 2007 • 25216 Posts

I think there should be no argument against the fact that he himself was the chief cause of terrorizing California and the murder of those 9 innocent people. I'm positive that there are people who will attempt and argue otherwise, at least partially. They will tell you of the corruption of the multitude, the flawed and morally depraved social values and the injustice or tyranny that were practiced to some extent on this man. But the truth of the matter is, this has always been the status quo throughout history and for the great majority of societies and civilizations. It appears to me that when an individual comes into being in any society or historical epoch, there are three possible modes of existence that are available to him. First neutrality in which he wouldn't possess enough individuality and sovereignty to choose a social class to side with. He goes through his life in the shadows unable of taking a substantial stance on any matter of any sort. Such an individual lives a reasonably peaceful life; he lives and dies in obscurity. Second there is the majority individual. He lives and dies by the values and convictions of the multitude, having saved himself the trouble of trial and error and of uncertainty. His morale and virtue are not his own. His actions and stances are carefully calculated in fear of deviating from the majority. And because the majority itself is volatile, capricious and impulsive, professing to something and to its complete opposite at the same time, the majority man is equally volatile and mutable. Such a man lives a moderately satisfying life. He gets his share of a fruitful social life and receives enough of the honors available for the average man. He lives and dies avoiding social antagonism at all cost. He changes like the wind without ever allowing his own individuality to ossify and take a solid form; all under the illusion of having a saying in all of that. Then there is the minority individual. His spirited individuality stands in the way of melting into the multitude. Such an individual is capable of coming up with his own convictions on morality and social values. But he would soon find himself a stranger in a strange land and antagonism emerge. He will grow disdainful of the majority and their ways either for the right reasons or the wrong ones. In case of the former, social reformers, philosophers, moralists and the likes come into being and in the case of the later, sociopaths, criminals and the likes are born. The problem with such a man is the fact that he could go through all of this without being aware of any of it thus interpreting social antagonism erroneously. He runs the risk of having his mind infected and intoxicated with all sorts of delusions of persecution, of injustice and of entitlement. He craves what he can't have owing to the fact that he's not even compatible with it in the first place so its only natural that he wouldn't be able to come into possession of it no matter what he does. If the minority man doesn't come into self-consciousness, he condemns himself to self-abolition and in extreme cases to being the garbage of society.

This is a rough summary of the social conditions of the individual. Its just how things are and have always been. It does not give anyone the right to go insane and start shooting random people in the streets. If anything, it proves that such an individual is a failure of a human being, a broken one that was incapable of seeing his struggle through all the way to its end and of being able to deal properly with his perceived antagonism.

BluRayHiDef

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By BluRayHiDef

@Barbariser said:

Based on what I've read so far, it's a very strange and explosive combination of being mentally ill, sexist and racist.

@BluRayHiDef said:

You can always trust BluRay to make a poorly reasoned, morally disgusting and unsubstantiated argument whenever a topic vaguely related to women comes up. Look at this absurd nonsense, does anyone honestly think that feminism is the reason why women aren't willing to **** sexually entitled creeps who openly discuss their misogynistic/racist beliefs and inclinations towards mass murder?

You failed to realize that his misogyny was caused by feminism. He started off as a good guy, but the constant rejection from woman gradually turned him into a bitter man. So, yes, feminism is the cause.

BluRayHiDef

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By BluRayHiDef

@thegerg said:

@BluRayHiDef said:

@Barbariser said:

@BluRayHiDef said:

You failed to realize that his misogyny was caused by feminism. He started off as a good guy, but the constant rejection from woman gradually turned him into a bitter man. So, yes, feminism is the cause.

What does feminism have to do with women not being attracted to him?

Women having this inflated sense of self-worth because of the value society places in their sexual utility and subsequently all or most of them thinking that they're too good for the "non-ideal" guy (i.e. short, not extremely masculine, etc). If it wasn't for this, he would have had been able to connect with women. Sadly, men who aren't considered ideal are labeled as creeps, weirdos, or losers.

Anyhow, I'm not going to go back and forth with you. This is my last stand.

LittleMac19

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#38  Edited By LittleMac19
Member since 2009 • 1638 Posts

He fought virginity and virginity won.

jun_aka_pekto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By jun_aka_pekto

@BossPerson said:

with a bmw coupe, i would be satisfied just driving around for the rest of my life.

kid is a nutcase/loser

It also goes to show a nice car isn't enough to compensate for something "lacking."

Edit:

I remember a while back when I was still single back in Oklahoma. My car was a lowly Nissan Pulsar. Yet, I managed to land an Okie blonde hottie who owned an IROC-Z.

Avatar image for ShepardCommandr
ShepardCommandr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#40 ShepardCommandr
Member since 2013 • 4939 Posts

Blame video games as usual.

KHAndAnime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 KHAndAnime
Member since 2009 • 17565 Posts

The guy was obviously mentally ill and angry. Is there much more to be said?

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 LJS9502_basic
Member since 2003 • 178854 Posts

@BluRayHiDef said:

You never cease to amaze with the shit you spew. Misogynist much?

jun_aka_pekto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By jun_aka_pekto

@TruthTellers said:
@aGuerillaUnit said:

I agree with you as OT has maybe 50 active posters not including the "free tv and movies CLICK LINK HERE" bots. Of course, this all occurred on Friday night of Memorial Day weekend and wasn't even covered by media until Saturday morning so it wasn't going to be talked about on here immediately.

This isn't relative to the current topic however, and I'd like to keep this Off Topic thread on topic.

There was a thread earlier. But, it got locked because of the snide responses. I would guess there aren't many topics about it here because there are a number of posters here who are in the same spot as that loser, Elliot.

Years of pouring over threads here in OT made me come to that conclusion.

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 LJS9502_basic

@jun_aka_pekto said:

@TruthTellers said:
@aGuerillaUnit said:

There was a thread earlier. But, it got locked because of the snide responses. I would guess there aren't many topics about it here because there are a number of posters here who are in the same spot as that loser, Elliot.

I can see at least one user in this thread that is in the same spot judging by their reasoning....*cough*feminism*cough*

jun_aka_pekto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 jun_aka_pekto

@LJS9502_basic said:

@jun_aka_pekto said:

@TruthTellers said:
@aGuerillaUnit said:

I can see at least one user in this thread that is in the same spot judging by their reasoning....*cough*feminism*cough*

I don't give a crap about feminism. If I had my way, my wife would be in the kitchen all the time. But, I know in life there has to be compromises to keep things in balance.

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By LJS9502_basic

@jun_aka_pekto: I think you missed what I was saying....:(

Avatar image for deactivated-585ea4b128526
deactivated-585ea4b128526

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 deactivated-585ea4b128526
Member since 2007 • 612 Posts

There is way more to life than finding women. Unlike this idiot, if you find yourself constantly rejected, embrace it. Live life as a bachelor, spend the money you make on yourself. If women start getting annoyed and throw around the creep word, give her the middle finger. If that bitch wants to live her life judging, she can also find her own 6 figure job and live the rest of her life wondering why only creeps hit on her.

GazaAli

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By GazaAli
Member since 2007 • 25216 Posts

@LittleMac19 said:

He fought virginity and virginity won.

Yea man sexual frustration and raging hormones got the better of him

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 LJS9502_basic

@joehult said:

There is way more to life than finding women. Unlike this idiot, if you find yourself constantly rejected, embrace it. Live life as a bachelor, spend the money you make on yourself. If women start getting annoyed and throw around the creep word, give her the middle finger. If that bitch wants to live her life judging, she can also find her own 6 figure job and live the rest of her life wondering why only creeps hit on her.

Someone gets no attention.....

themajormayor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 themajormayor
Member since 2011 • 25729 Posts

@thegerg said:

@BluRayHiDef said:

@thegerg said:

@BluRayHiDef said:

@Barbariser said:

@BluRayHiDef said:

What does feminism have to do with women not being attracted to him?

Women having this inflated sense of self-worth because of the value society places in their sexual utility and subsequently all or most of them thinking that they're too good for the "non-ideal" guy (i.e. short, not extremely masculine, etc). If it wasn't for this, he would have had been able to connect with women. Sadly, men who aren't considered ideal are labeled as creeps, weirdos, or losers.

Anyhow, I'm not going to go back and forth with you. This is my last stand.

"Sadly, men who aren't considered ideal are labeled as creeps, weirdos, or losers."

No, men who are creeps, weirdos, and losers are labeled as creeps, weirdos, or losers.

What kind of evidence do you have that men who aren't considered ideal are not labelled creeps, weirdos or losers?