What beer should I try?

• 93 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Pirate700

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#51 Pirate700
Member since 2008 • 46465 Posts

I suggest the new Bud Black Crowns. IMO, they're a really good bridge between regular lagers and darker beers.

Lonelynight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#52 Lonelynight
Member since 2006 • 30051 Posts
root beer, the only good kind of beer
Decko5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#53 Decko5
Member since 2004 • 9428 Posts

B5889A9AB433747CEE7C28C21CFA40.jpg

Try this. Tastes like Kool-Aid.

gohan_3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#54 gohan_3
Member since 2003 • 1094 Posts

Im the same way, shots just remind me of bad experiences. Any ways, i've been drinking great white beer which is a lighter wheat beer. Other than that pacifico with a lime is pretty decent as well.

brickdoctor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 156

#55 brickdoctor
Member since 2008 • 9746 Posts

Budweiser is amazing and anyone who says differently is wrong.

GamingGod999

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56 GamingGod999
Member since 2011 • 3135 Posts

Go for cider instead.

JohnF111

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#57 JohnF111
Member since 2010 • 14190 Posts
I've never been a huge fan of beer but here is a tip, when I first tried beer I always imagined that Stout would be even worse and vulgar. However when i did try it I found it to be just a darn good drink that was easier to drink than water. Try a good quality stout and see, sometimes the stronger richer malt flavour can be more appealing than the milder more bitter beer.
bigfoot2045

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58 bigfoot2045
Member since 2012 • 732 Posts

-Chimay

-Duvel

-Kwak

-Spaten

Really pretty much anything German or Belgian. Most American beer tastes like piss, and I'm guessing anyone who says beer tastes bad has never actually had good beer. Here's a hint, Bud and Miller aren't good beer. It's just like people who say coffee tastes bad when all they've ever had is diner and gas station coffee. 

Shiner is alright if you absolutely must have something American. But the truth is, Americans know fuc*all about good beer. Seriously, go Belgian or German and you'll see what all the hype with beer is about. Beer is absolutely delicious, just not the crap most people drink in this country. 

bigfoot2045

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59 bigfoot2045

Sam Adams. It's as good as any beer you can't pronounce or never heard of that has high ratings.

ScreamDream

Not really. Sam Adams is pretty mediocre, and only marginally better than piss beers like Bud, Coors, and Miller. 

Avatar image for organic_machine
organic_machine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#60 organic_machine
Member since 2004 • 10141 Posts

Try Belgian ales, specifically the Trappist stuff.

Try some english ales as well, like Samuel Smith.

organic_machine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61 organic_machine

Shiner is alright if you absolutely must have something American. But the truth is, Americans know fuc*all about good beer. Seriously, go Belgian or German and you'll see what all the hype with beer is about. Beer is absolutely delicious, just not the crap most people drink in this country. 

bigfoot2045

You don't know anything about American beer. America has some of the best beer in the entire world, you just have to know where to look. Sierra Nevada, Stone, Bell's, Founders, all amazing breweries and there's plenty more.

Dogswithguns

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#62 Dogswithguns
Member since 2007 • 11359 Posts
I love beer, most any beer really, Miller Lite or something. or some of the dark or craft if I had more money that week.. I never liked shots... anyway, I don't drink too much, just a few.
Dexter-010

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#63 Dexter-010
Member since 2011 • 494 Posts
I don't prefer beer but if you really want to try some beer go for: Dutch beers: Heineken, Amstel, Grolsch, Hertog Jan United Kingdom: Guiness Belgian: Jupiler or go for Trapisten beer, it's from a church in Belgian I think.
KiIIyou

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64 KiIIyou
Member since 2006 • 27204 Posts
Billy
Avatar image for deactivated-5b78379493e12
deactivated-5b78379493e12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65 deactivated-5b78379493e12
Member since 2005 • 15625 Posts

I've never been a huge fan of beer but here is a tip, when I first tried beer I always imagined that Stout would be even worse and vulgar. However when i did try it I found it to be just a darn good drink that was easier to drink than water. Try a good quality stout and see, sometimes the stronger richer malt flavour can be more appealing than the milder more bitter beer.JohnF111

The beer force is strong with this one. I would suggest an oatmeal stout.

bigfoot2045

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66 bigfoot2045

[QUOTE="bigfoot2045"]

organic_machine

You don't know anything about American beer. America has some of the best beer in the entire world, you just have to know where to look. Sierra Nevada, Stone, Bell's, Founders, all amazing breweries and there's plenty more.

I've tried plenty of American beers including those you've mentioned. American beer ranges from "this literally tastes like piss" to "meh."

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67 deactivated-5b78379493e12

[QUOTE="organic_machine"]

[QUOTE="bigfoot2045"]

bigfoot2045

I've tried plenty of American beers including those you've mentioned. American beer ranges from "this literally tastes like piss" to "meh."

You haven't tried enough American beers then. I can get beers locally in Wisconsin that will blow the pants off of anything European.

organic_machine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68 organic_machine

bigfoot2045

I call BS. I don't believe you.

You clearly have good taste in beer in order to make those recommendations that you did. I think you need to try more beer.

Pirate700

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69 Pirate700

[QUOTE="bigfoot2045"]

bigfoot2045

Have you tasted a lot of urine?

coolbeans90

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70 coolbeans90
Member since 2009 • 21305 Posts

[QUOTE="ScreamDream"]

Sam Adams. It's as good as any beer you can't pronounce or never heard of that has high ratings.

bigfoot2045

Not really. Sam Adams is pretty mediocre, and only marginally better than piss beers like Bud, Coors, and Miller. 

This is the silliest thing I've read all day.

Pirate700

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71 Pirate700

[QUOTE="bigfoot2045"]

[QUOTE="ScreamDream"]

coolbeans90

This is the silliest thing I've read all day.

Seriously. Bud, Miller and Coors are much better than Sam Adams. >.>

organic_machine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72 organic_machine

Seriously. Bud, Miller and Coors are much better than Sam Adams. >.>Pirate700

Not a fan of Sam Adams, but their Double Bock is legitimately good.

If you were handed it and were told it was a German Double Bock, you'd believe it.

Pirate700

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73 Pirate700

[QUOTE="Pirate700"]Seriously. Bud, Miller and Coors are much better than Sam Adams. >.>organic_machine

Not a fan of Sam Adams, but their Double Bock is legitimately good.

If you were handed it and were told it was a German Double Bock, you'd believe it.

Eh, Sam Adams are just too strong/hearty for me. I can respect the quality of the beer but I just prefer Bud, Coors and the like.

NEWMAHAY

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#74 NEWMAHAY
Member since 2012 • 3824 Posts
I hate the taste of most beers
organic_machine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#75 organic_machine

Eh, Sam Adams are just too strong/hearty for me. I can respect the quality of the beer but I just prefer Bud, Coors and the like.Pirate700

Yeah, if your complaint is that they're too strong and hearty, suggesting the DB is probably a bad thing for me to do, given that it is thick and 10% ABV. :P

slimjimbadboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#76 slimjimbadboy
Member since 2006 • 1731 Posts

Beer is an acquired taste that you grow to accept. If you're just starting the dive into beer, I would suggest the lite beers from Coors or Bud. They are not the greatest tasting beers but are easier to finish than darker beers for beginners.

My other suggesting if you decide to drink the lite beers is that listen to their commercials. There is a reason why Coors adversities their beer is great when cold.

Pirate700

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#77 Pirate700

Beer is an acquired taste that you grow to accept. If you're just starting the dive into beer, I would suggest the lite beers from Coors or Bud. They are not the greatest tasting beers but are easier to finish than darker beers for beginners.

My other suggesting if you decide to drink the lite beers is that listen to their commercials. There is a reason why Coors adversities their beer is great when cold.

slimjimbadboy

I loved beer the first time I tasted it. :P

slimjimbadboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#78 slimjimbadboy
Member since 2006 • 1731 Posts

[QUOTE="slimjimbadboy"]

Pirate700

I loved beer the first time I tasted it. :P

Beer is good!

Zeviander

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#79 Zeviander
Member since 2011 • 9503 Posts
What kind of beer? Some good "middle of the road" beers I would suggest to anyone not knowing what they would want or like are: - Canadian-made Budweiser (the best beer for anyone to start with, moderate taste, moderate hops, moderate alcohol, very moderate) - Corona (balancedand mildly tropical taste, not too hoppy) - Rickard's Red (good flavor on the side of strong) - Alexander Keith's (fairly hoppy but a lot of people, especially Canadians seem to love it) - Dos Equis (similar to Corona but cheaper) - Stella Artois (good place to start with Euro ales) - Fort Garry Dark (excellent dark beer that will ease you gently into the world of stout) I don't drink much beer anymore, I'm mostly a scotch whiskey guy now. And I think it goes without saying never drink light beer unless it's your only option.
Ricardomz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#80 Ricardomz
Member since 2012 • 2715 Posts

Carlsberg and Corona are awesome.

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#81 LJS9502_basic
Member since 2003 • 178845 Posts
All of them.....
ShadowsDemon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#82 ShadowsDemon
Member since 2012 • 10059 Posts
Fosters. /flameshield.
Dogswithguns

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#83 Dogswithguns
Member since 2007 • 11359 Posts

[QUOTE="bigfoot2045"]

organic_machine

Please, American beers.. I mean I drink em, but c'mon. you know I want somethin better than that.
megam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#84 megam
Member since 2003 • 457 Posts

[QUOTE="lo_Pine"][QUOTE="British_Azimio"] If anything, I can thank 4loco for keeping me sober for 45 days after smashing my head into a bicycle chain then not long after collapsing on one of the busiest roads in my town, blood oozing all over the place. Left me with a permanent scar.

konvikt_17

There's a reason why they made energy supplements mixed with alcohol illegal in some places. Four Loko will get you FVCKED UP if that's what you're looking for. I equate it with a funny blunt. Coke and bud in a blunt. You just want to socialize in a psychotic nature. Go for it if that's what you want.

Drink responsibly:P

from what ive read, they have since toned down the amount of caffeine and such in Four Lokos. they used to be a hell of a lot worse.

The FDA outright banned caffeinated alcoholic beverages, so all the alcoholic energy drink manufacturers changed their formulas to remove caffeine because of irresponsible consumers. Alas, binge drinkers suck and give responsible drinkers a bad name.

As for beer, I'd recommend Sam Adams, Abita Turbodog, Guiness, and for something a little sweeter, Young's Double Chocolate Stout.
double_decker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#85 double_decker
Member since 2006 • 146090 Posts
I prefer lagers, and would suggest staying away from cheap beer since the next day may not be so pleasant after drinking it. I'd say go with a good light beer if you don't like the taste of beer since the hops tend to not be as strong in those. My favorite beer is Heineken but that is a rather strong tasting beer, I'd say go with Bud Light Platinum since it's a light beer with a decent taste but also high enough in alcohol content that you can get drunk without pissing it out faster than it gets into your system which happens to a lot of drinkers with light beer.
neotheinstein

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#86 neotheinstein
Member since 2011 • 161 Posts

old speckled hen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#87 deactivated-5b78379493e12

[QUOTE="bigfoot2045"]

Dogswithguns

Please, American beers.. I mean I drink em, but c'mon. you know I want somethin better than that.

I'd love to know what American beers you've had. I'll bet that for every one you mention I would list a dozen that are far better, and all American. I should know, I've tried more than 1000 beers.

neotheinstein

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#88 neotheinstein
Member since 2011 • 161 Posts

Hoegaarden Original White Ale and Hoegaarden Grand Cru cheers!

KungfuKitten

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 42

#89 KungfuKitten
Member since 2006 • 27389 Posts

Paulaner.2luvt7d.jpg

Avatar image for hartsickdiscipl
hartsickdiscipl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#90 hartsickdiscipl
Member since 2003 • 14787 Posts

Shiner Bock and Blue Moon (various types).  My 2 favs.  Some varieties of Sam Adams are pretty decent too.  I can't stand drinking those thin, panther-piss type beers that most people subsist on.  

sukraj

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

#91 sukraj
Member since 2008 • 27859 Posts

When i drink on the weekends i usually just take shots or have mixed drinks, but i've recently decided to try drinking beer more frequently than shots? (had a few bad experiences with shots lol) ... I've had beer before and thought it was just awful. I know its an acquired taste so what beer should i start off with?

1Rob-E

try drinking water.

Avatar image for LostProphetFLCL
LostProphetFLCL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#92 LostProphetFLCL
Member since 2006 • 18526 Posts

All of them.....LJS9502_basic

THIS!

In all seriousness, I recommend Blue Moon, Badass, and Labatt Blue if you are in the good ole' USA.

Avatar image for Azorius_Senator
Azorius_Senator

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#93 Azorius_Senator
Member since 2013 • 43 Posts
You should try Abita Purple Haze.