What are your opinions on tattoos and piercings?

• 112 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

quatoe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 28

User Lists: 0

#51 quatoe
Member since 2005 • 7242 Posts
I must be one of the only guys in the whole world who has a mother who is a metal head. She loves it when I blast my stereo. :D Hell, my mother use to play drums. I just wish I was around to see it, after she had me she gave it up because I was her first kid and apparently a handful too haha.JuggaloRandall
My dad was a metalhead, now he listens to country music...
KillerWabbit23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#52 KillerWabbit23
Member since 2009 • 3466 Posts

If you want to, go ahead, I know I won't. Probably.

travisstaggs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#53 travisstaggs
Member since 2008 • 10562 Posts
[QUOTE="travisstaggs"]

[QUOTE="quatoe"] Thats how it is for me as well. It sucks but once I move out I am gonna be blasting music!quatoe

Same. Everyday my mom goes to work I pretty much turn my speakers up on full blast, like now.

Plan on moving out soon, though. :D

I would do that but it is 7 in the morning where I am lol

It is here too. My mom just goes to work early. :P
quatoe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#54 quatoe

[QUOTE="quatoe"][QUOTE="travisstaggs"] Same. Everyday my mom goes to work I pretty much turn my speakers up on full blast, like now.

Plan on moving out soon, though. :D

travisstaggs

I would do that but it is 7 in the morning where I am lol

It is here too. My mom just goes to work early. :P

My mom doesn't leave the house except when she works which is in the summer to December.

JuggaloRandall

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#55 JuggaloRandall
Member since 2010 • 8213 Posts
@quatoe - Thats about in the ballpark of what I spent on all of my gear total. Maybe a little more? Idk im not in competition with anybody, im just a bedroom jammer. Im currently working on completing Diary Of A Madman. One hell of a song lol.
quatoe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56 quatoe
@quatoe - Thats about in the ballpark of what I spent on all of my gear total. Maybe a little more? Idk im not in competition with anybody, im just a bedroom jammer. Im currently working on completing Diary Of A Madman. One hell of a song lol.JuggaloRandall
I enjoy jamming with other people but I usually play in my room. I ain't really into learning songs atm. I am trying to expand my knowledge of theory and learn as many chords and scales as I can.
JuggaloRandall

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57 JuggaloRandall

My dad was a metalhead, now he listens to country music...

Not all country music is bad, just the garbage that's produced today is pretty much southern pop. I love putting on some Johnny Cash or Hank Williams, Gene Autry and even Narvel Felts. That's just me though, my musical taste is pretty vast.
JuggaloRandall

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58 JuggaloRandall
[QUOTE="JuggaloRandall"]@quatoe - Thats about in the ballpark of what I spent on all of my gear total. Maybe a little more? Idk im not in competition with anybody, im just a bedroom jammer. Im currently working on completing Diary Of A Madman. One hell of a song lol.quatoe
I enjoy jamming with other people but I usually play in my room. I ain't really into learning songs atm. I am trying to expand my knowledge of theory and learn as many chords and scales as I can.

The reason why I have been covering Diary of a Madman is because it's just chalked full of diminished chords and just crazy chord progressions. Kind of like The Call of Ktulu.
quatoe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59 quatoe
[QUOTE="quatoe"][QUOTE="JuggaloRandall"]@quatoe - Thats about in the ballpark of what I spent on all of my gear total. Maybe a little more? Idk im not in competition with anybody, im just a bedroom jammer. Im currently working on completing Diary Of A Madman. One hell of a song lol.JuggaloRandall

The reason why I have been covering Diary of a Madman is because it's just chalked full of diminished chords and just crazy chord progressions. Kind of like The Call of Ktulu.

I really enjoy playing Behind Blue Eyes, the Limp Bizkit version. Beautiful song and I especially love the chrod progressions in it.
Pixel-Pirate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#60 Pixel-Pirate
Member since 2009 • 10771 Posts

I find them quite attractive on woman but I'd never get a tattoo. Piercing, maybe. But tattoo's are permanent and aren't going to look so great at age 100.

Boston_Boyy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#61 Boston_Boyy
Member since 2008 • 4103 Posts

I don't notice too much on other guys unless it's just bleedingly obvious, on girls though outside of the ears I hate any piercing on the face, for me it can honestly turn a girl from hot to unattractive, smallish tattoos don't bother me too much, but ones that are too big and visable are a turn-off

JuggaloRandall

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62 JuggaloRandall
[QUOTE="JuggaloRandall"][QUOTE="quatoe"] I enjoy jamming with other people but I usually play in my room. I ain't really into learning songs atm. I am trying to expand my knowledge of theory and learn as many chords and scales as I can.quatoe

I really enjoy playing Behind Blue Eyes, the Limp Bizkit version. Beautiful song and I especially love the chrod progressions in it.

Yeah that's a decent tune, I prefer The Who's version. Once again that's just me.
MushroomWig

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63 MushroomWig
Member since 2009 • 11625 Posts
Subtle ones are fine, I have my tongnue pierced.
ehhwhatever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64 ehhwhatever
Member since 2010 • 1463 Posts

I don't like tattoos or piercings unless you are a squareknot sailor. (crossed equator, artic and antartic circles)

chaplainDMK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65 chaplainDMK
Member since 2008 • 7004 Posts
Piercings on guys are kinda wierd to me, but they look good on girls :) Tattos, when done right, are awesome :D
Konekomaru

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66 Konekomaru
Member since 2011 • 343 Posts

I don't like tattoos at all. Piercings are fine if it's just the ears, but gauges look horrible and give off a terrible impression.

Omni-Slash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67 Omni-Slash
Member since 2003 • 54450 Posts
Piercings no...(excetion being simple piercings on women's ears)... Tattoos are fine by me.....I have 2.....plan on having my back entirely done at some point....
Brutal_Elitegs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68 Brutal_Elitegs
Member since 2004 • 16426 Posts

Hot, in regulation though - I don't want to be ****ing Pinhead.

worlock77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69 worlock77
Member since 2009 • 22552 Posts

I have three tattoos and two 18 gauge piercings (one in each ear). I use to have my tongue and my right eyebrow pierced, but I took those out eventually. I'm done with piercings. I'm fine with what I have. Don't want anymore or anything larger. As for the tattoos. I plan on getting more, eventually. I have some ideas, but don't really have the money to invest in them now. And no, I'm not worried about what they'll look like when I'm elderly. I seriously don't think I'm going to live that long anyway, and even if I do I'll have more pressing concerns at that point.

I can honestly say I'm not a fan of many piercings on a person. And there are certain types that I never find attractive (snake bites, for example). As for tattoos, it all depends on the person, the design, the quality of work, etc. I've seen some people (guys and chick) with both arms sleeved and it looks absolutely wonderful. As long as the work is quality and the art works together then it's good. On the other hand I see someone like James Hetfield (of Metallica), who's absolutely covered in tats. Most of his, however, look like a poorly thoughtout mixture of gearhead/biker stuff and religious symbolism, and it looks like crap.

Vax45

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70 Vax45
Member since 2005 • 4834 Posts

If your thought process on getting a tattoo involved the thought, "I'm gonna, like, get a X, with some Y around it, and a cool Z that, like, has some cool W's around it", then you have no right to get a tattoo and should be whipped.

There's people that tattoo their lost comrades' names who died in battle on their shoulder, and I personally knew a guy who tattoo'd the Alpha and Omega signs on his left and right forearm. Those people I have no problem with.

No thoughts on piercings.

omho88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71 omho88
Member since 2007 • 3967 Posts

Piercings are ugly, stupid and I hate those who do it ( except for female nipples which is hot imo), I am ok with tattoos, infact I am gonna get one soon, however I dun like to be completely covered with them, simple small meaningful tattoos are my type.

Wolls

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72 Wolls
Member since 2005 • 19119 Posts
I like tattoos more than piercings but both can be nice. Tattoos on girls are especially sexy ;)
Saturos3091

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#73 Saturos3091
Member since 2005 • 14937 Posts

I want a half-sleeve one day. Not sure what design I'd get though. Probably something very occult and ornate, since I like that styIe. I've contemplated several piercings at multiple times in my life. Haven't gotte any yet though.

I also love both of the aforementioned on girls. :oops:

Blackjack9288

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#74 Blackjack9288
Member since 2011 • 316 Posts
Both are fine if done right. But crazy stuff like face tats and piercings all over the body are a bit crazy for my taste.
Oborozukiyo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#75 Oborozukiyo
Member since 2007 • 1967 Posts
I rarely see any I like.
Diablo-B

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#76 Diablo-B
Member since 2009 • 4063 Posts
Im not a big fan of tattoos, especially on girls. Piercings however are cool and sexy.
S1MSTA

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 108

#77 S1MSTA
Member since 2008 • 1624 Posts

Dont mind tattoo's but dont see why people would get their nose, bellybutton or tongue piercied though.

Avatar image for deactivated-5cacc9e03b460
deactivated-5cacc9e03b460

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#78 deactivated-5cacc9e03b460
Member since 2005 • 6976 Posts

Both are a turnoff.

GreySeal9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 41

#79 GreySeal9
Member since 2010 • 28247 Posts

I guess one small peircing can be okay, but a whole bunch of them is silly.

Tattoos are always silly.

XilePrincess

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#80 XilePrincess
Member since 2008 • 13130 Posts
They're fine if they're not stupid and suit the person they're on. I generally don't like tattoos that have no meaning (but I'm fine with them in general and will be getting a few), or face piercings besides the ears, especially on guys. I think it's very highschool. Keeping the flat nose stud you got in highschool is one thing, but being 30 and having a ton of face piercings usually just makes the person look like an idiot.
kittensRjerks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#81 kittensRjerks
Member since 2010 • 3802 Posts

I enjoy tattoos and piercings. I have a full sleeve, and a couple on my back and soon going to get my knuckles tattoo'd. I also have stretched ears to 00g, and use to have a labret piercing, tounge piercing and eyebrow done. I still have my ears stretched but the other piercings i've since taken out.

cs45F

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#82 cs45F
Member since 2008 • 1147 Posts
I have 1 tattoo and my ears pierced i could care less what people think i can do whatever i want.
Evil_Saluki

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

#83 Evil_Saluki
Member since 2008 • 5217 Posts

They make girls more sexy. In moderation.

xsynth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#84 xsynth
Member since 2010 • 864 Posts
I've got a few tatts, used to have a piercing but took it out. They're all very subtle however, you would never know I had them unless I took my shirt off (or wearing white). One on my stomach and the rest down my spine. I don't think I'd get a random picture though as I want something that always means stuff to me. And I only have plain black tatts, no colour.
howlrunner13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#85 howlrunner13
Member since 2005 • 4408 Posts

I don't like tattooes and I don't like piercings anywhere other then the ears.

SolidSnake35

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#86 SolidSnake35
Member since 2005 • 58971 Posts
On girls it can work.. but only in moderation. Piercings more than tattoos. On guys, never.
neo_violence

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#87 neo_violence
Member since 2011 • 25 Posts

They're ugly, just as the people who get them are.

Tangmashi
Oh yeah? Post a picture of yourself.
Avatar image for deactivated-5a79221380856
deactivated-5a79221380856

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#88 deactivated-5a79221380856
Member since 2007 • 13125 Posts
Do not want.
MistressMinako

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#89 MistressMinako
Member since 2008 • 45964 Posts
They can be cute to an extent. However, I like tattoos better than piercings. It might be because of my recurring dreams of wanting to chase people with lots of piercings with a big magnet. Or that I will be walking down the street with someone and there was a magnet over us and that person flew up to the magnet and I would be like, "****, not again!"
Avatar image for Fuhgeddabouditt
Fuhgeddabouditt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#90 Fuhgeddabouditt
Member since 2010 • 5468 Posts
I hate em, especially if a woman has beautiful skin and ruin it by tattooing it up. Looks ridiculous and will look even more ridiculous when she gets older. This is only if they OD. Same for piercings. Too much , it looks stupid and odd. More power to you though if you choose to do it.
weezyfb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#91 weezyfb
Member since 2009 • 14703 Posts
i like em
ionusX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#92 ionusX
Member since 2009 • 25777 Posts

no overdoing it.. thats my view.. dont coat urselfves in the things piercings or tattoos or otherwise.. beyond that go for it

-Shooter-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#93 -Shooter-
Member since 2006 • 4295 Posts

I'm not a fan, but I don't mind if someone else has tattoos/piercings.

Revixe06

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#94 Revixe06
Member since 2008 • 1021 Posts
I think tattoos are pretty cool, but I don't really care for piercings...
aransom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#95 aransom
Member since 2002 • 7408 Posts

I'm not for tattoos and piercings. To me, it seems like mutilating your body. If you don't look at it that way, no big deal.

goth_bacon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#96 goth_bacon
Member since 2007 • 1110 Posts
I'm okay with both, as long as people don't go overboard. I don't like those gangster/biker tattoos that take up the entire back or arms.
rcignoni

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#97 rcignoni
Member since 2004 • 8863 Posts
I think they're pretty trashy, save for earrings on girls. I wouldn't date a girl with a lot of tattoos and piercings.
metalkitten

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#98 metalkitten
Member since 2004 • 9249 Posts
dont like piercings - got 5 in ears from when i was young though dont like tattoos either both are so frikken common - i think people did it in the beginning to be unique but now its more uniqie to have none all my family got tattoos - including my parents in fact when i think of it i dont know a single person (except my bf and another male friend) who dont have either atleast one tattoo or some piercing (not counting normal ear ones) or both i just dont like permanent stuff it would not stop me from dating a person with it however since that has to do with the outside not like for example how id never date a smoker cause that has to do with more then the outside
curono

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 21

#99 curono
Member since 2005 • 7722 Posts
Dont like em... None.
Paco8byu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#100 Paco8byu
Member since 2010 • 522 Posts

i hate tattos and piercings unless its just your ears pierced.