What are your opinions on tattoos and piercings?

• 112 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

quatoe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 28

User Lists: 0

#1 quatoe
Member since 2005 • 7242 Posts

What do you guys think of tattoos and piercings? I personally like them, I have two tattoos ( soon to be 3 ) and 4 piercings. My nose, and my eyebrow for my face and both ears.

LustForSoul

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 LustForSoul
Member since 2011 • 6404 Posts
They're cool. I'm going to get myself a tattoo also, but I don't know what to take and on what spot. If people can rub their face full of chemicals, then they can also have tattoo's and piercings if you ask me.
quatoe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 quatoe

I agree with the chemical part. I see tattoos as a way to express what I am feeling at that moment in my life, something to show what I am thinking.

ice_radon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#4 ice_radon
Member since 2002 • 70464 Posts
I have 4 piercings and no tattoos. Not a huge fan of tattoos on me or possible girlfriend but some look alright on people. I just feel like I cannot commit to a drawing on my skin that will be there forever. Anyways, I pierced my 2 lobes originally. Then one night I decided to do one my left cartilage. A little less than a year later I pierced another hole right about that first cartilage piercing. I think I am done for awhile. I guess I wanted to do the 4th one because I once I did that first cartilage, I noticed everyone else had theirs done, but not a lot of people have the double tap in their cartilage. So one day when I got home from class, I did the 4th.
superdum2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#5 superdum2
Member since 2009 • 1558 Posts

im for it i dont know if id do it my self though

quatoe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 quatoe
I have 4 piercings and no tattoos. Not a huge fan of tattoos on me or possible girlfriend but some look alright on people. I just feel like I cannot commit to a drawing on my skin that will be there forever. Anyways, I pierced my 2 lobes originally. Then one night I decided to do one my left cartilage. A little less than a year later I pierced another hole right about that first cartilage piercing. I think I am done for awhile. I guess I wanted to do the 4th one because I once I did that first cartilage, I noticed everyone else had theirs done, but not a lot of people have the double tap in their cartilage, so one day when I got home from class, I did the 4th.ice_radon
I have been around tattoos all my life. Almost every single member of my family has tattoos and piercings so it was sorta natural for me to get some done.
Rekunta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 21

#7 Rekunta
Member since 2002 • 8275 Posts
I couldn't care less about them on guys, but do think they take away from a girl's attractiveness. A girl's skin is beautiful in its own right, tattoos just break up the flow. Piercings....meh, don't care for them either. Guess I'm a purist.
surrealnumber5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#8 surrealnumber5
Member since 2008 • 23044 Posts
i do not have any but i feel they can be really cute on a girl if not over done
Tangmashi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Tangmashi
Member since 2007 • 1093 Posts

They're ugly, just as the people who get them are.

yellerbelly

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 yellerbelly
Member since 2008 • 1008 Posts
I have one tattoo, and used to have rings through my nose and eyebrow. They came out for work though. Still get tempted to get them back though. I think it looks good on some people, not on others. Some designs are good, some aren't. So i guess it depends on what they have done and where, and on the person. That is such a non-answer to the question. Move along people, there's nothing to see here.
travisstaggs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#11 travisstaggs
Member since 2008 • 10562 Posts

I love them. I had snake bites and my septum pierced, but had to take them out for a few reasons.

I might be getting my first tattoo today. ;D

quatoe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 quatoe
[QUOTE="travisstaggs"]

I love them. I had snake bites and my septum pierced, but had to take them out for a few reasons.

Nice, and good luck!
travisstaggs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 travisstaggs
[QUOTE="quatoe"][QUOTE="travisstaggs"]

Nice, and good luck!

Thanks! What band is that in your sig? I'm fairly sure it's a band anyways. :P
yellerbelly

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 yellerbelly

They're ugly, just as the people who get them are.

Tangmashi
I suspect I may be responding to a troll here, but this is a ridiculous statement. Cheryl Cole is ugly? Megan Fox is ugly?
JuggaloRandall

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 JuggaloRandall
Member since 2010 • 8213 Posts
Im not a big fan of tattoos, but that's just personal preference. I currently have my ears stretched to 7/16th (11mm) and plan to go up to 3/4th (19mm). I use to be at 3/4th (19mm) a couple years ago but I took them out, for some reason I just started gauging them again.
quatoe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 quatoe
[QUOTE="travisstaggs"][QUOTE="quatoe"][QUOTE="travisstaggs"]

Nice, and good luck!

You are correct about it being a band sig, They are called A Day To Remember.
travisstaggs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 travisstaggs
[QUOTE="travisstaggs"][QUOTE="quatoe"] Nice, and good luck!quatoe

I knew it! I just bought their newest album like a week ago.
quatoe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 quatoe
Im not a big fan of tattoos, but that's just personal preference. I currently have my ears stretched to 7/16th (11mm) and plan to go up to 3/4th (19mm). I use to be at 3/4th (19mm) a couple years ago but I took them out, for some reason I just started gauging them again. JuggaloRandall
My left ear is at 7/16th, my right is currently at 14g for some issue involving the piercing piercing to low on my ear. I find stretching ears is very addicting.
xWoW_Rougex

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#19 xWoW_Rougex
Member since 2009 • 2793 Posts

I personally like them and find them attractive but not too much of it. At most, four in the lip, two is the right amount though. Preferably rings. I don't mind lots of piercings in the ears though but no big plugs, they shouldn't be bigger than the size the singer from Linkin' Park got. No ugly anchors on your cheeks though, that look really bad.

I like tattoos too, preferably colorful one, I can't remember the name of the dude but... There's this homosexual (google Marc Jacobs tattoo dude that runs a parfume company, I'm really digging just that amount and colors of his tattoos.

In other words, I like them and I find it good looking on both males and females. I don't have any myself except for a normal ball closure ring in my earlobe (purple with blue ball ). I'd like to add a conch piercing next to it but I'm too lazy to take care of it the first months. I think it's really lame/sad how people tend to be very judgemental and ignorant when it comes to piercings though.

quatoe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 quatoe
[QUOTE="quatoe"][QUOTE="travisstaggs"] Thanks! What band is that in your sig? I'm fairly sure it's a band anyways. :Ptravisstaggs

It is a great album. Hell, all their albums are great.
travisstaggs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 travisstaggs
[QUOTE="travisstaggs"][QUOTE="quatoe"] You are correct about it being a band sig, They are called A Day To Remember.quatoe

Agreed, one of the few bands I like every single song from.
Avatar image for jediknight52501
jediknight52501

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#22 jediknight52501
Member since 2005 • 69715 Posts
its your decision on you what you like and don't like, i am not tinto either one myself, but thats just me.
quatoe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 quatoe

I personally like them and find them attractive but not too much of it. At most, four in the lip, two is the right amount though. Preferably rings. I don't mind lots of piercings in the ears though but no big plugs, they shouldn't be bigger than the size the singer from Linkin' Park got. No ugly anchors on your cheeks though, that look really bad.

I like tattoos too, preferably colorful one, I can't remember the name of the dude but... There's this homosexual french dude that runs a parfume company, I'm really digging just that amount and colors of his tattoos.

In other words, I like them and I find it good looking on both males and females. I don't have any myself except for a normal ball closure ring in my earlobe (purple with blue ball ). I'd like to add a conch piercing next to it but I'm too lazy to take care of it the first months. I think it's really lame/sad how people tend to be very judgemental and ignorant when it comes to piercings though.

xWoW_Rougex

Agreed. When I used to work at 7-11 I had a customer quit talking to me after he noticed I got a tattoo. The weird thing was that me and him got to know each other pretty well then, boom, he quit talking to me.

quatoe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 quatoe

[QUOTE="quatoe"][QUOTE="travisstaggs"] I knew it! I just bought their newest album like a week ago.travisstaggs

They are my biggest influence when it comes to guitar playing. Although they don't play very intricate stuff I love Punk guitar more than anything.

JuggaloRandall

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 JuggaloRandall
[QUOTE="JuggaloRandall"]Im not a big fan of tattoos, but that's just personal preference. I currently have my ears stretched to 7/16th (11mm) and plan to go up to 3/4th (19mm). I use to be at 3/4th (19mm) a couple years ago but I took them out, for some reason I just started gauging them again. quatoe
My left ear is at 7/16th, my right is currently at 14g for some issue involving the piercing piercing to low on my ear. I find stretching ears is very addicting.

Yeah it really is. I get lots of mixed reactions to my ears, especially because I have really short hair so it's out there for everybody to see. But that's pretty interesting that you only managed to gauge your left ear lol. If your too low maybe you should just downsize your left ear to 00 and up your right to match it? Or is it really that low?
yellerbelly

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 yellerbelly
I can't remember the name of the dude but... There's this homosexual french dude that runs a parfume company, I'm really digging just that amount and colors of his tattoos. xWoW_Rougex
That would be Jean-Paul Gaultier.
Fizz111

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 Fizz111
Member since 2006 • 795 Posts

Trashy and unattractive.

travisstaggs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 travisstaggs

[QUOTE="travisstaggs"][QUOTE="quatoe"] It is a great album. Hell, all their albums are great.quatoe

They are my biggest influence when it comes to guitar playing. Although they don't play very intricate stuff I love Punk guitar more than anything.

That's awesome. Their singer kinda inspired me to attempt to learn to sing better, so I walk around constantly singing now. :P
tofu-lion91

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 tofu-lion91
Member since 2008 • 13496 Posts
I like them, and I think they're really hot on guys :D Used to have my lip pierced but had to take it out. At the moment I've got one tattoo and my tummy pierced :)
k2theswiss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 1

#30 k2theswiss
Member since 2007 • 16599 Posts
their w/e to me
quatoe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 quatoe
[QUOTE="quatoe"][QUOTE="JuggaloRandall"]Im not a big fan of tattoos, but that's just personal preference. I currently have my ears stretched to 7/16th (11mm) and plan to go up to 3/4th (19mm). I use to be at 3/4th (19mm) a couple years ago but I took them out, for some reason I just started gauging them again. JuggaloRandall

Yeah it really is. I get lots of mixed reactions to my ears, especially because I have really short hair so it's out there for everybody to see. But that's pretty interesting that you only managed to gauge your left ear lol. If your too low maybe you should just downsize your left ear to 00 and up your right to match it? Or is it really that low?

It was only really noticeable to me but I decided to just downsize from 7/16th in my right ear to a 14 g so it can build up collagen and have thicker skin.
quatoe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 quatoe
[QUOTE="travisstaggs"][QUOTE="quatoe"]

Agreed, one of the few bands I like every single song from.travisstaggs

That's awesome. Their singer kinda inspired me to attempt to learn to sing better, so I walk around constantly singing now. :P

I love to scream and he influenced to start that up again. My buddy wants me to be a vocalist in his band althought I can't sing, but luckily, he listen music with screaming so thats what we have to stick to lol.
JuggaloRandall

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 JuggaloRandall

[QUOTE="travisstaggs"][QUOTE="quatoe"] It is a great album. Hell, all their albums are great.quatoe

What kind of equipment you running? Guitars, amps, pedals and what not.
travisstaggs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 travisstaggs

[QUOTE="travisstaggs"][QUOTE="quatoe"] They are my biggest influence when it comes to guitar playing. Although they don't play very intricate stuff I love Punk guitar more than anything.

quatoe

I love to scream and he influenced to start that up again. My buddy wants me to be a vocalist in his band althought I can't sing, but luckily, he listen music with screaming so thats what we have to stick to lol.

I've attempted to learn to scream, but I'm horrible at it.

xWoW_Rougex

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#35 xWoW_Rougex
Member since 2009 • 2793 Posts

[QUOTE="xWoW_Rougex"] I can't remember the name of the dude but... There's this homosexual french dude that runs a parfume company, I'm really digging just that amount and colors of his tattoos. yellerbelly
That would be Jean-Paul Gaultier.

Sorry actually, no. I looked it up, apparently he's not french but his name is Marc Jacobs, couldn't find a good picture though.

quatoe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 quatoe
[QUOTE="JuggaloRandall"][QUOTE="quatoe"]

Agreed, one of the few bands I like every single song from.travisstaggs

What kind of equipment you running? Guitars, amps, pedals and what not.

My main guitar is a Paul Reed Smith SE Terero, my amp is a Marshall DFX 50 watt series, for distortion I am using an Ibanez Tube Screamer TS9DX. I also have an Ovation Celebrity acoustic guitar and a crappy Ibanez that barely works lol.
yellerbelly

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 yellerbelly
Ah, poot. My smug, all knowing bubble has been burst.
quatoe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 quatoe

[QUOTE="quatoe"][QUOTE="travisstaggs"] That's awesome. Their singer kinda inspired me to attempt to learn to sing better, so I walk around constantly singing now. :Ptravisstaggs

It takes lots of practice. I have been doing it for 5 years. The main thing I hate is that my parents are always home so I can never practice because they think it is "stupid music"
travisstaggs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 travisstaggs
[QUOTE="travisstaggs"]

[QUOTE="quatoe"] I love to scream and he influenced to start that up again. My buddy wants me to be a vocalist in his band althought I can't sing, but luckily, he listen music with screaming so thats what we have to stick to lol.quatoe

It takes lots of practice. I have been doing it for 5 years. The main thing I hate is that my parents are always home so I can never practice because they think it is "stupid music"

Yeah. my mom thinks the same about my music but she's gotten use to it.
JuggaloRandall

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 JuggaloRandall
[QUOTE="JuggaloRandall"][QUOTE="quatoe"] My left ear is at 7/16th, my right is currently at 14g for some issue involving the piercing piercing to low on my ear. I find stretching ears is very addicting.quatoe

It was only really noticeable to me but I decided to just downsize from 7/16th in my right ear to a 14 g so it can build up collagen and have thicker skin.

It's gonna be painful going back up to 7/16th because of the scar tissue. I wound up blowing out my left ear completely when I jumped from 5/8th to 3/4th, very dumb move. I think that's part of the reason why i removed my plugs for what I though was for good 2 years or so ago. But hell, I'm back in business now. I went from roughly an 8 or so to 7/16th in less that a week with each ear. Over 2 years of not having anything in my ears and I could still see through them :shock:
Overlord93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 Overlord93
Member since 2007 • 12602 Posts
my opinion is "meh" piercings are generally ok, unless they ar eover the top. Tattoos have to be meaningful and not douchey etc. Then again they will still look stupid when the person gets old
quatoe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 quatoe

[QUOTE="quatoe"][QUOTE="JuggaloRandall"] Yeah it really is. I get lots of mixed reactions to my ears, especially because I have really short hair so it's out there for everybody to see. But that's pretty interesting that you only managed to gauge your left ear lol. If your too low maybe you should just downsize your left ear to 00 and up your right to match it? Or is it really that low?JuggaloRandall

It's gonna be painful going back up to 7/16th because of the scar tissue. I wound up blowing out my left ear completely when I jumped from 5/8th to 3/4th, very dumb move. I think that's part of the reason why i removed my plugs for what I though was for good 2 years or so ago. But hell, I'm back in business now. I went from roughly an 8 or so to 7/16th in less that a week with each ear. Over 2 years of not having anything in my ears and I could still see through them :shock:

I am gonna do it very slowly. The last time around I went to fast and blewout my ear so now I wait 3 weeks to a month before even considering going up a size.

quatoe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 quatoe

[QUOTE="quatoe"][QUOTE="travisstaggs"] I've attempted to learn to scream, but I'm horrible at it.

travisstaggs

My dad likes the metal I listen to but not the punk, not sure why. My punk music you can actually understand lol

travisstaggs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 travisstaggs

[QUOTE="travisstaggs"][QUOTE="quatoe"] It takes lots of practice. I have been doing it for 5 years. The main thing I hate is that my parents are always home so I can never practice because they think it is "stupid music"quatoe

My dad likes the metal I listen to but not the punk, not sure why. My punk music you can actually understand lol

My mom doesn't mind the punk stuff, but if I listen to any type of metal she gets a bit annoyed. Basically have to listen to everything with headphones on most of the time, or have my speakers down really low.
quatoe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 quatoe
[QUOTE="travisstaggs"][QUOTE="quatoe"]

Yeah. my mom thinks the same about my music but she's gotten use to it. travisstaggs

My mom doesn't mind the punk stuff, but if I listen to any type of metal she gets a bit annoyed. Basically have to listen to everything with headphones on most of the time, or have my speakers down really low.

Thats how it is for me as well. It sucks but once I move out I am gonna be blasting music!
JuggaloRandall

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 JuggaloRandall
@quatoe - Since GS is all messed up and won't let me quote you. In reply to your gear. .Lordy you got some good money put into your setup eh? All I got an Ibanez RG120, Ibanez EX160, Jackson JS30 King V, this cute little Epiphone Les Paul jr I picked up at a pawn shop, Jackson DR-7 7 string guitar, a Peavey Studio Pro, Randall RH100 stack and a Electro Harmonix Micro Metal Muff pedal. You know, for that good old chuga chug chug action. I am proud to say I paid for all of that by myself though. I put some good money into those guitars too, All have strap locks and Grover Mini-Rotomatic machines besides the DR-7, I still need to put some time and money into it.
travisstaggs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 travisstaggs

[QUOTE="travisstaggs"][QUOTE="quatoe"] My dad likes the metal I listen to but not the punk, not sure why. My punk music you can actually understand lol

quatoe

Thats how it is for me as well. It sucks but once I move out I am gonna be blasting music!

Same. Everyday my mom goes to work I pretty much turn my speakers up on full blast, like now.

Plan on moving out soon, though. :D

quatoe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 quatoe
@quatoe - Since GS is all messed up and won't let me quote you. In reply to your gear. .Lordy you got some good money put into your setup eh? All I got an Ibanez RG120, Ibanez EX160, Jackson JS30 King V, this cute little Epiphone Les Paul jr I picked up at a pawn shop, Jackson DR-7 7 string guitar, a Peavey Studio Pro, Randall RH100 stack and a Electro Harmonix Micro Metal Muff pedal. You know, for that good old chuga chug chug action. I am proud to say I paid for all of that by myself though. I put some good money into those guitars too, All have strap locks and Grover Mini-Rotomatic machines besides the DR-7, I still need to put some time and money into it.JuggaloRandall
My parents bought me my amp and my Ibanez. I got everything else myself which would equal to about $2000 with all the cables, tuners and picks to go along with my guitars.
quatoe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 quatoe

[QUOTE="quatoe"][QUOTE="travisstaggs"] My mom doesn't mind the punk stuff, but if I listen to any type of metal she gets a bit annoyed. Basically have to listen to everything with headphones on most of the time, or have my speakers down really low.travisstaggs

Same. Everyday my mom goes to work I pretty much turn my speakers up on full blast, like now.

Plan on moving out soon, though. :D

I would do that but it is 7 in the morning where I am lol
JuggaloRandall

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 JuggaloRandall
I must be one of the only guys in the whole world who has a mother who is a metal head. She loves it when I blast my stereo. :D Hell, my mother use to play drums. I just wish I was around to see it, after she had me she gave it up because I was her first kid and apparently a handful too haha.