(UPDATED: Now with new Poll) Moderator's Hot Seat - featuring nocoolnamejim

• 189 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Baconbits2004

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#101 Baconbits2004
Member since 2009 • 12602 Posts

@Jim/Jand have you ever had pickles wrapped in ham with cream cheese? Because it's the best thing I've ever eaten. It's really fancy, I've only had it twice and it was at weddings.

God no. Sounds terrible. Not a big pickle fan. (Contrary to popular rumor!)

Avatar image for UprootedDreamer
UprootedDreamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#102 UprootedDreamer
Member since 2011 • 2036 Posts

[QUOTE="UprootedDreamer"]Well excuse me sir that my questions do not please you, I will ask questions about things I want to know about him.Jandurin
what do you want to know about him?

If he answered yes to my question about college I was going to ask what he studies or if he has a degree has he been able to find work with it. Also too his favorite tv shows, favorite subject in high school and did it change once he got to college, etc...

I'm fortunate enough that I was employed and well-thought of in my work before this recession happened.

My college work was all around business type subjects. Finance, marketing, management, etc. Not my favorite stuff in the world, but it pays the bills. I'd have preferred to do something like writing for a living, but I'm also pragmatic enough that I can be a complete slacker once I'm in the right situation work-wise and still be well-paid and live a good life whereas making a good living in certain other careers is a bit more of a crap-shoot no matter how hard you work.

I don't watch a lot of TV until I can get box-sets or find it on Netflix because I like being able to watch several episodes at a time. (Obsessive personality again.)

A few shows that I have liked a lot over the years:

Sopranos

Scrubs

Lie to Me

Chuck

Highlander

Dexter

Firefly (Absolutely KILLS me this show only lasted one season. Some executive somewhere nears to be shot in the groinal area for making THAT call.)

Hercules/Xena (Yeah! I went there. I'm NOT embarrassed! ... Well, maybe a little bit.)

Favorite subject in high school...um...I guess it depended more on the teacher than the material. The right teacher could make any subject interesting. The wrong one could make any subject boring. A bit of a copout I know, but it's true for me.

Avatar image for deactivated-5e836a855beb2
deactivated-5e836a855beb2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#103 deactivated-5e836a855beb2
Member since 2005 • 95573 Posts
[QUOTE="Baconbits2004"]@Jim/Jand have you ever had pickles wrapped in ham with cream cheese? Because it's the best thing I've ever eaten. It's really fancy, I've only had it twice and it was at weddings.

how is that fancy you can make that yourself

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#104 deactivated-5e836a855beb2
If he answered yes to my question about college I was going to ask what he studies or if he has a degree has he been able to find work with it. Also too his favorite tv shows, favorite subject in high school and did it change once he got to college, etc...UprootedDreamer
don't stop I LIKE WHERE YOU'RE GOING but frame them in the form of questions so that jim can answer them
UprootedDreamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#105 UprootedDreamer
[QUOTE="UprootedDreamer"]If he answered yes to my question about college I was going to ask what he studies or if he has a degree has he been able to find work with it. Also too his favorite tv shows, favorite subject in high school and did it change once he got to college, etc...Jandurin
don't stop I LIKE WHERE YOU'RE GOING but frame them in the form of questions so that jim can answer them

I will once I have some more time, class just started.
Baconbits2004

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#106 Baconbits2004

how is that fancy you can make that yourselfJandurin

I did make it myself.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#107 deactivated-5e836a855beb2

[QUOTE="Jandurin"]how is that fancy you can make that yourselfBaconbits2004

I did make it myself.

it's FINGER FOOD it isn't fancy ;s unless there's caviar or pate involved
Baconbits2004

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#108 Baconbits2004

I don't know what pate is, but it's the closest pork can come to being Sushi.

SUSHI IS FANCY.

It is also finger food. If I made it for your wedding, you would be all "thank you for this fancy pork, bacon"

Doesn't need to be at a wedding for me to thank you for your pork and/or bacon.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#109 deactivated-5e836a855beb2
sushi is not finger food it is chopsticks food http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/P%C3%A2t%C3%A9
Baconbits2004

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#110 Baconbits2004
WELL, my ham cream cheese pickle things aren't finger food either then. They're toothpick food. Also I think I'm starting to develop a headache from the inaneness of this conversation. ._.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#111 deactivated-5e836a855beb2
[QUOTE="Baconbits2004"]WELL, my ham cream cheese pickle things aren't finger food either then. They're toothpick food. Also I think I'm starting to develop a headache from the inaneness of this conversation. ._.

inanity
Baconbits2004

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#112 Baconbits2004
oh... see, I right-clicked the word, and firefox didn't suggest that, so I just left it. :S
Baconbits2004

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#113 Baconbits2004

Also, Jim why don't you post on TDH with us anymore? Do you not like Jand?

Nah! That's not it at all. Actually haven't been posting on GS etiher.

Just busy with offline stuff. I go in stretches where I'll be really active and into something and then lose interest when something else catches my attention. Lately a few of those something elses have been Fallout: New Vegas, Witcher 2 replay, Dark Souls, Deus Ex: Human Revolution and...soon...Gears of War 3.

But also been doing things like going to college football games, found a new poker house to go to in town, got back into going to the gym and, best of all, Chili found us a new tabletop roleplaying group to get into. Couldn't believe how much I'd missed doing that.

All of that with October being the end of fiscal year for my company. I'll be around a bit more when at least the work calms down and some of my gaming backlog goes away.

Frame_Dragger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#114 Frame_Dragger
Member since 2009 • 9581 Posts

Have you ever had an erection last more than 4 hours, and if so, did you see a doctor?

...only a couple of times, and I did seek immediate attention. Just not immediate MEDICAL attention.

nocoolnamejim

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

#115 nocoolnamejim
Member since 2003 • 15136 Posts

This whole process is kind of fun. It's like a "get out of attention whoring free" card. I can attention whore all I want without being called on it.

LookJohnnySaid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#116 LookJohnnySaid
Member since 2011 • 151 Posts

when you see a new account posting, do you immediately request ip check on it?

Heh. Sometimes and sometimes not. If they're not doing anything wrong or causing problems, I don't typically ask for an IP check.

But to your unspoken question, typically if someone new is posting and immediately going right for the controversial threads with strong opinions then most likely somebody on the team's going to be curious enough to check. So just because I'm lazy and don't care that much doesn't mean that they don't get "scoped".

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#117 deactivated-5e836a855beb2
when you see a new account posting, do you immediately request ip check on it?LookJohnnySaid
that's a very thoughtful question LJS
jimmyjammer69

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#118 jimmyjammer69
Member since 2008 • 12239 Posts
[QUOTE="LookJohnnySaid"]when you see a new account posting, do you immediately request ip check on it?Jandurin

He's a crafty one alright.
UprootedDreamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#119 UprootedDreamer

What is one of your biggest pet peeves in a forum?

Note: Given this is a thread entirely about me, massive amounts of hypocrisy incoming.

Not sure what the best way to explain this is, but I'm going to call it the StDrule. It's a disease that contaminates even the best of forums from time to time.

Stepping lightly here, but basically it's a form of attention whoring similar to the stereotypes from the movie "Mean Girls" where you have a (usually but not always) female poster who is not at all shy about wielding her female gender status like a club to try and get lots of attention (at best) and openly attack people she doesn't like with her hordes of worker male bees (at worst).

There are two subtypes of this disease.

The mild form is simply a female poster who makes everything about her every day. (Key point: NOT a one-time occurence, but a REGULAR occurence.) If a thread isn't about her, she'll flirt and make calf eyes and smilies and post in a SUPER EXCITED way with lots of punctuation and references to her sexuality and/or gender to try and MAKE it about her. Basically, people who don't get enough attention offline and love the fact that simply listing "female" under gender or having a female picture as their avatar gets instant popularity/attention in many forums fall under this category.

I hasten to add after my last sentence that, in many cases, this person isn't even really aware of what they're doing. They don't necessarily make the connection that the attention they're getting has less to do with their being interesting and thoughtful, and more to do with that REALLY CUTE picture that she posted six months ago that a hundred different guys downloaded to their computer immediately.

This type tends to be annoying, but ultimately fairly brainless and/or harmless except in the more extreme cases where they get the ears of mods/admins.

The more extreme form is the type who IS AWARE of what they're doing and does so deliberately. They tend to be outright forum bullies who manipulate their fanboy followers into going after others. This type is far more dangerous because they tend to have a high degree of emotional intelligence combined with a certain sociopathy towards not caring who they hurt when using it. They're the type who ENJOYS turning the forum into their own personal little fiefdom and resents anyone else gaining some measure of popularity or a following as a threat to their personal power.

For this type, it isn't enough to have a big following and have lots of guys worshipping her. Nobody else can cross her in any way. Incapable of letting any slight or problem go, she WILL have her vengeance. In this forum incarnation or the next.

The really dangerous part about this second type is that she IS VERY SMART. Because of that, she's often very adept at getting admins and mods on her side by presenting herself as a victim and someone who is just trying to make the community a better place if her hostility and attacks on others get called out. "Politically gifted" is a kind way to describe her.

Most of my answer on this has gone towards calling out the female part of the problem, and that isn't really fair. Guys, think with your brains and not with your balls...even on a forum.

What is one of your pet peeves in real life?

Going to pull out my Bill and Ted here and put up a Socrates quote: "The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing."

A major pet peeve for me are people I call "Glibertarians". They're people who think they're extremely smart because they got a good grade in a philosophy class in college once because they were able to regurgitate the view's of the professor's favorite pet philosopher, political hero, etc. And thus, they boil down extremely complex subjects into rediculously simple solutions and proceed to berate people who disagree with them by implying that they're brainless cretins who can't see the beauty and purity of their views.

The key point is that their solutions MUST be extreme and simplistic and lacking in nuance or acknowledgements of the problems or downsides with the very easy solution. For example, when asked about a drop in U.S. rankings in education against the world, their immediate answer might be to simply completely eliminate the U.S. Department of Education and let the free market take over to boost educational efficiency.

jimmyjammer69

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#120 jimmyjammer69

If you had to choose between eternal life as a pleasantly drunk clam sat in a pool of luke warm water... or... five more years of life, but lived as a genius and millionaire, which would you go for?

Depends on when I'm asked. Right now the pleasantly drunk clam in a pool of luke warm water sounds pretty good as I'm a little stressed out.

On a more typical day, I'd take the addition of the five more years of life and the millions of dollars to what I already have. 8)

LookJohnnySaid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#121 LookJohnnySaid
Member since 2011 • 151 Posts
[QUOTE="LookJohnnySaid"]when you see a new account posting, do you immediately request ip check on it?Jandurin

jimmyjammer69

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#122 jimmyjammer69

If you had to choose between eternal life as a pleasantly drunk clam sat in a pool of luke warm water... or... five more years of life, but lived as a genius and millionaire, which would you go for?

Depends on when I'm asked. Right now the pleasantly drunk clam in a pool of luke warm water sounds pretty good as I'm a little stressed out.

On a more typical day, I'd take the addition of the five more years of life and the millions of dollars to what I already have. 8)

jimmyjammer69

Heh, I can sympathise this weekend in particular.

So far I've only had one definite taker for the clam-life, and he was being rather shellfish if you ask me.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#123 deactivated-5e836a855beb2
(nocoolnamejim speaking: The more extreme form is the type who IS AWARE of what they're doing and does so deliberately.)UprootedDreamer
that's why god invented tdh
he was being rather shellfish if you ask mejimmyjammer69
rofl
Hallenbeck77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#124 Hallenbeck77  Moderator
Member since 2005 • 16879 Posts

So far I've only had one definite taker for the clam-life, and he was being rather shellfish if you ask me.

jimmyjammer69

*Insert rimshot here*

jimmyjammer69

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#125 jimmyjammer69

[QUOTE="jimmyjammer69"]So far I've only had one definite taker for the clam-life, and he was being rather shellfish if you ask me.

Hallenbeck77

*Insert rimshot here*

I'd say I'll try harder and it won't happen again, but that's a blatant lie.
Baconbits2004

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#126 Baconbits2004

Thank you for the replies, Jim.

That's what I'm here for.

Frame_Dragger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#127 Frame_Dragger
Member since 2009 • 9581 Posts
[QUOTE="Frame_Dragger"]

Have you ever had an erection last more than 4 hours, and if so, did you see a doctor?

...only a couple of times, and I did seek immediate attention. Just not immediate MEDICAL attention.

Heh. thanks for the answer, I'm just glad you had that looked at!
pierst179

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 258

#128 pierst179
Member since 2006 • 10805 Posts

What do you consider to be the best Pixar movie?

I always thought The Incredibles was underrated.

EJ902

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#129 EJ902
Member since 2005 • 14338 Posts

Since you mentioned Mean Girls, what do you think of the movie? And has it influenced you to start using 'fetch' as an adjective?

I'll never find a movie that more perfectly encapsulates Sarah Palin.

But, cheap political shots aside, I thought it was a well done movie about bullying and gossip-mongering in high school. I have not ever, to my knowledge, used fetch as an adjective.

nocoolnamejim

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#130 nocoolnamejim
Threw in the next found of candidates for the hot seat, picked about 60% at random and 30% on a whim and 10% maliciously.
AdobeArtist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#131 AdobeArtist  Moderator
Member since 2006 • 25184 Posts

Threw in the next found of candidates for the hot seat, picked about 60% at random and 30% on a whim and 10% maliciously.nocoolnamejim

Must know who you picked on malicious intent :lol: :twisted:

Blabadon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 1

#132 Blabadon
Member since 2008 • 33030 Posts

What do you think of when you see this post?

Honestly? What an overrated game the one in your avatar is. Didn't understand the hype at all.

Darthkaiser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#133 Darthkaiser
Member since 2006 • 12447 Posts

[QUOTE="nocoolnamejim"]Threw in the next found of candidates for the hot seat, picked about 60% at random and 30% on a whim and 10% maliciously.AdobeArtist

Here's to hoping it's not me Anyway they go after russ rite?
AdobeArtist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#134 AdobeArtist  Moderator

[QUOTE="AdobeArtist"]

[QUOTE="nocoolnamejim"]Threw in the next found of candidates for the hot seat, picked about 60% at random and 30% on a whim and 10% maliciously.Darthkaiser

Here's to hoping it's not me Anyway they go after russ rite?

I don't believe Russ will be ready for Wed. So it'll be the poll winner here, then Russ. And in the mean time next week's feature mod can still make a poll for who goes after Russ. I want each mod in turn to have a say in who goes next on the seat (as well as the community voice).

Baconbits2004

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#135 Baconbits2004

Would you eat 3 spoonfuls of mayo for a hundred dollars?

Who wouldn't?!

the_plan_man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#136 the_plan_man
Member since 2011 • 1664 Posts

what kind of music do you like? (sorry if already asked)

It's fine. I can find something that I like with just about every musical style short of death metal, country and gospel/Jesus rock music. Can't stand any of those three, but inbetween those extremes I have fairly ecelectic musical tastes.

Sunsha

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#137 Sunsha
Member since 2005 • 20662 Posts

Can we not just have a member spot light instead of a mod spot light? This makes it seem like you're more important than us peons. OH one more thing...if we can have a member spot light...can I please never be the person in the spot light? Far too much effort.

I'd have no issue with that. I think the idea behind a mod spotlight was to humanize us mods and to also make sure that the mods stay in touch with the community. There's nothing wrong with the idea of a member spotlight and I think it is a great idea personally but I think they serve different purposes.

With a mod spotlight, it's making us seem less like a team of anonymous ToU robots who enact our vengeful wrath from upon high and more like real people with real eccentricities, faults and opinions. With a member spotlight it's more community building, to help facilitate everyone meeting new people and highlight some of our more active and/or exceptional members.

chaoscougar1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#138 chaoscougar1
Member since 2005 • 37603 Posts

Can we not just have a member spot light instead of a mod spot light?

This makes it seem like you're more important than us peons.

OH one more thing...if we can have a member spot light...can I please never be the person in the spot light? Far too much effort.Sunsha

lol'd

david_lck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#139 david_lck
Member since 2005 • 3211 Posts

If you could select one user to be unbanned who would it be?

Great question. I'm sure our TDH neighbors are watching my reply carefully.

For me that's a tough thing to answer because I'd want anyone who got unbanned to be able to stay here rather than just get banned again a year later. For example, I'd love to have D3nnyCrane because I personally find him very funny but I'm honestly not sure if the GS community is a good fit for his particular type of entertainment.

In many other communities, he'd be a smart, engaging and entertaining individual who expends a buttload of effort to entertain communities that he's a part of. I've seen this first hand. But a part of why he's so entertaining is the exact same thing that gets him in trouble here. Cynically, some people might say that we've setup our rule structure against genuinely entertaining individuals. A kinder interpretation towards GS might be that you can still be entertaining but a certain sharper edged form of entertainment doesn't fit in with this particular community.

My personal view is that you go to different restauraunts when you're in the mood for good Chinese and when you're in the mood for good Italian cuisine. It's all about what appetite you have on any given day. The great thing about the internet is that you can go to different places to eat in just a few keystrokes.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#140 deactivated-5e836a855beb2

Honestly? What an overrated game the one in your avatar is. Didn't understand the hype at all.Blabadon
Ico? :? I just played it for the first time and I greatly enjoyed it :x

I should be honest and admit that I had a very hard time getting into it. It may be one that I'd have enjoyed a lot more had I managed to get a little deeper into the game. If I remember right, I got hooked on Persona 3 right around the same time I was tinkering around with this game.

UprootedDreamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#141 UprootedDreamer

If you got three wished from a genie what would they be?

1. The NBA lockout would end and the players would win, because the owners don't deserve to be rescued from their own incompetence.

2. That Boise State would become a full-fledged member of the Pac-12 and that the NCAA would institute a 16 team playoff in college football.

3. That I could go back in time and have Bioware never be bought by EA in the first place. It was a dark day for RPG fans everywhere.

Sandulf29

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#142 Sandulf29
Member since 2010 • 14330 Posts

So what exactly is this? Doesn't look like regular hotseats to me

EDIT: Ah now I understand. I thougyht you were invisible while you were editing and putting things in green

So do you fancy boxxy?

I don't think about her at all unless some evil individual forces me to. Like Sarah Palin, boxxy should be ignored forever.

Capitan_Kid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#143 Capitan_Kid
Member since 2009 • 6700 Posts

Favorite bro word? jagermeister

Gender? Favorite gender or what gender am I? Favorite is female. I'm personally a male.

Shoe Size? 11

Height? 5'11"

Favorite color? Blue

Parfait lover?As much as the next person I suppose.

Social security?In favor of.

Can you swim?Like a fish. I was on the swim team.

Sexual orientation? Straight.

Favorite Sport? Basketball

Pin number? 3910635109284658....er...wait...you almost got me on that one.

nocoolnamejim

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#144 nocoolnamejim
Am I done with this yet?
AdobeArtist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#145 AdobeArtist  Moderator

Am I done with this yet? nocoolnamejim

Every cycle is 1 week, Wed-Wed. You can take coffee breaks though ;)

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#146 deactivated-5e836a855beb2
Am I done with this yet? nocoolnamejim
is it caseywegner's turn?
nocoolnamejim

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#147 nocoolnamejim

[QUOTE="nocoolnamejim"]Am I done with this yet? AdobeArtist

Every cycle is 1 week, Wed-Wed. You can take coffee breaks though ;)

Bah. Just give me a minute to get my end of work drink on and I'm set to go again.

ExoticAnimal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#148 ExoticAnimal
Member since 2010 • 39796 Posts
[QUOTE="nocoolnamejim"]Am I done with this yet? Jandurin
is it caseywegner's turn?

He's not a mod as of right now.