Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen the most UNDERRATED movie of all time???

• 194 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Silent-Hal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 0

#51 Silent-Hal
Member since 2007 • 9795 Posts

The "tentacle in the ass" thing is what I was getting at, just in case you can't tell. I never saw that in the Transformers universe.

Or the racist robots.

Or the leg-humping robots.

Theokhoth

Don't forget the giant robot testicles, that's the height of comedy :|.

Oleg_Huzwog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#52 Oleg_Huzwog
Member since 2007 • 21885 Posts

I thought it was on-par with the first flick.

Baranga

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#53 Baranga
Member since 2005 • 14217 Posts

There wouldnt be a Bayhate bandwagon if he hadnt made crap like this.

Zerocrossings

Dumb people need dumb entertainment, and he likes making this kind of movies because they're technically challenging. Is there a problem with this?

It's by far his worst movie, worse than Pearl Harbor.

The "tentacle in the ass" is called "tail" and it wasn't coming out of her ass.

Silent-Hal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#54 Silent-Hal

[QUOTE="Theokhoth"]

Of all the crap I have heard about this movie, from racist robots to humping robots to all the slapstick fart jokes, this is the only one that has made me literally laugh out loud. Bay's turned Transformers into live-action hentai, it seems.

How anyone could possibly find this movie the least bit good is beyond me.

LikeHaterade

So you've never actually seen the movie...

It's probably for the best...
Theokhoth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55 Theokhoth
Member since 2008 • 36799 Posts

[QUOTE="Theokhoth"]

Of all the crap I have heard about this movie, from racist robots to humping robots to all the slapstick fart jokes, this is the only one that has made me literally laugh out loud. Bay's turned Transformers into live-action hentai, it seems.

LikeHaterade

Nope, after wasting my time and money on the first and after the horrible trailers for this trash, combined with the stupid-as-hell **** I've been hearing about it (see above), I'm not about to see it.

But I know plenty who have seen it, and they like to talk about their movie experiences. ;)

Theokhoth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56 Theokhoth

[QUOTE="Zerocrossings"]

Baranga

Dumb people need dumb entertainment, and he likes making this kind of movies because they're technically challenging. Is there a problem with this?

Yes. It's in the "dumb entertainment" part.

Avatar image for deactivated-5e836a855beb2
deactivated-5e836a855beb2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57 deactivated-5e836a855beb2
Member since 2005 • 95573 Posts
[QUOTE="PSfanboy101"]*SPOILER* The only bad part of the movie was when that chick had that tentacle sticking outta her ass...it just mad NO sense...

what? D:
Baranga

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58 Baranga

[QUOTE="Baranga"]

[QUOTE="Zerocrossings"]

Theokhoth

They don't like smart entertainment. Why give them something they don't accept? It's like forcing you to see Transformers.

So. Is there a problem?

Jandurin - there was a robot chick with a tail and a whip-like tongue.

Omni-Slash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#59 Omni-Slash
Member since 2003 • 54450 Posts
if you didn;t have fun watching this movie you aren't alive.....and if you're looking for a deeper flick..for the love of god..it's a movie about giant robots turning into vehicles and blowing **** up.....get over yourself...
LikeHaterade

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60 LikeHaterade
Member since 2007 • 10645 Posts

[QUOTE="LikeHaterade"]

[QUOTE="Theokhoth"]

Theokhoth

Nope, after wasting my time and money on the first and after the horrible trailers for this trash, combined with the stupid-as-hell **** I've been hearing about it (see above), I'm not about to see it.

But I know plenty who have seen it, and they like to talk about their movie experiences. ;)

You shouldn't judge a movie by the trailers. I've done that before and wound up seeing the movie anyway and enjoying it. The twins had a good place in the movie, and no.....they were not racist. The black people in the theater laughing at them didn't think so either. I'm not sure why that's such a stupid idea to have a decepticon pose as a human woman, and attempt to kill Sam with a steel tentacle. You're obviously over-exaggerating that, and the racist robots a bit.

aaronmullan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#61 aaronmullan
Member since 2004 • 33426 Posts
[QUOTE="Jandurin"][QUOTE="PSfanboy101"]*SPOILER* The only bad part of the movie was when that chick had that tentacle sticking outta her ass...it just mad NO sense...

what? D:

It was a Decepticon. She was disguised as a human, and had a tentacle coming from under her skirt. You could obviously see it wasn't her ass, but her back. Still a terrible movie, though.
Silent-Hal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62 Silent-Hal

They don't like smart entertainment. Why give them something they don't accept? It's like forcing you to see Transformers.

So. Is there a problem?

Baranga

I guess that's why a comparatively smart film like The Dark Knight is the second highest grossing movie of all time then :|.

Theokhoth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63 Theokhoth

[QUOTE="Theokhoth"]

[QUOTE="Baranga"]

Baranga

So. Is there a problem?

Yeah: if we used that logic then there would be no justification whatsoever in calling any movie bad, at all, ever, because there are some people who liked it. :|

Standards exist for a reason, and they are expected to be met for a reason, and movies that don't meet them are poorly reviewed for a reason.

Avatar image for deactivated-5e836a855beb2
deactivated-5e836a855beb2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64 deactivated-5e836a855beb2
Member since 2005 • 95573 Posts

Jandurin - there was a robot chick with a tail and a whip-like tongue.

Baranga
ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhh That makes more sense.
Silent-Hal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65 Silent-Hal
if you didn;t have fun watching this movie you aren't alive.....and if you're looking for a deeper flick..for the love of god..it's a movie about giant robots turning into vehicles and blowing **** up.....get over yourself...Omni-Slash
Oh come on. This dreck makes the first Transformers movie look like Shakespeare >_>.
fiscope

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66 fiscope
Member since 2006 • 2426 Posts

It's a decent action movie with some mind-blowing CGI.

It's fun, and that's what summer movies are about. I usually agree with critics, but T2:RotF is not aiming for an Oscar, it's just here to show us robots beating each other up!

LikeHaterade

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67 LikeHaterade

if you didn;t have fun watching this movie you aren't alive.....and if you're looking for a deeper flick..for the love of god..it's a movie about giant robots turning into vehicles and blowing **** up.....get over yourself...Omni-Slash

It's funny to see people choose bits and peices of the film, label them retarded and call the entire movie terrible. Especially people that haven't even seen it. It was a great action movie.

Baranga

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68 Baranga

and if you're looking for a deeper flick..for the love of god..it's a movie about giant robots turning into vehicles and blowing **** up.....get over yourself...Omni-Slash

That's like watching a tech-demo.

I think the visual part is what's most important in a movie. But here, it was lackluster. Technically it's brilliant. But it lacks the charm of the first movie. Almost every scene with the robots was awe-inspiring in the first, but here... except one, they're all in the trailer. The rest aren't that impressive. Something was lost.

Omni-Slash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69 Omni-Slash
Oh come on. This dreck makes the first Transformers movie look like Shakespeare >_>.Silent-Hal
I enjoyed it much more than the first...it wasn;t trying to be serious at all...which is why I liked it...
aaronmullan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70 aaronmullan

[QUOTE="Omni-Slash"]if you didn;t have fun watching this movie you aren't alive.....and if you're looking for a deeper flick..for the love of god..it's a movie about giant robots turning into vehicles and blowing **** up.....get over yourself...LikeHaterade

It's funny to see people choose bits and peices of the film, label them retarded and call the entire movie terrible. Especially people that haven't even seen it. It was a great action movie.

I've seen it and it was a terrible movie.
Avatar image for super_mario_128
super_mario_128

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71 super_mario_128
Member since 2006 • 23884 Posts
I laughed out loud. The movie is awful. Simple, really.
Theokhoth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72 Theokhoth

It's a decent action movie with some mind-blowing CGI.

It's fun, and that's what summer movies are about. I usually agree with critics, but T2:RotF is not aiming for an Oscar, it's just here to show us robots beating each other up!

fiscope

So, basically: it aims to be a bad movie, and succeeds, therefore it is a good movie.

Baranga

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73 Baranga

[QUOTE="Baranga"]

So. Is there a problem?

Theokhoth

Yeah: if we used that logic then there would be no justification whatsoever in calling any movie bad, at all, ever, because there are some people who liked it. :|

Standards exist for a reason, and they are expected to be met for a reason, and movies that don't meet them are poorly reviewed for a reason.

And I agree that the movie is a trainwreck and the critics are right.

But I don't see what's so bad in making a movie that panders to a certain audience, even if it doesn't meet the (mostly arbitrary and subjective) standards.

LikeHaterade

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#74 LikeHaterade

[QUOTE="LikeHaterade"]

[QUOTE="Omni-Slash"]if you didn;t have fun watching this movie you aren't alive.....and if you're looking for a deeper flick..for the love of god..it's a movie about giant robots turning into vehicles and blowing **** up.....get over yourself...aaronmullan

Please share your thoughts.

Omni-Slash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#75 Omni-Slash
what was truly awfull was the preview to Gi Joe...that movie looks like it could be the worst movie of all time...
curono

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 21

#76 curono
Member since 2005 • 7722 Posts
[QUOTE="barcx17"]

Underrated? Umm... joke topic?

PSfanboy101
umm...joke post?

Joke reply?
Theokhoth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#77 Theokhoth

what was truly awfull was the preview to Gi Joe...that movie looks like it could be the worst movie of all time...Omni-Slash

Come on. . .leather. . .leather, man!

Hate_Squad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#79 Hate_Squad
Member since 2007 • 1357 Posts

if you dont take some lame jokes into consideration its a nice action movie and didnt get bored at all despite its length,and i found it much better than the first one.Of course the internet hate machine has already decided so its pointless to true and argue about it.If you likes it good for yourself ,let the others think what they want

aaronmullan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#80 aaronmullan

[QUOTE="aaronmullan"][QUOTE="LikeHaterade"]

LikeHaterade

Mindless scenes involving Megan Fox showing off her hotness. She can't act, and Shia can barely act. Some of the funny parts weren't even that funny at all. The Twins got annoying (not because they're "racist" just because their jokes were bad). It was an hour too long, the first half could have been completely squashed into a 10 minute scene. But it was drawn out into a full hour :(
LikeHaterade

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#81 LikeHaterade

what was truly awfull was the preview to Gi Joe...that movie looks like it could be the worst movie of all time...Omni-Slash

I agree with you on that. I'll still probably see it anyway. It's like Master Chief saves the world. Those accelerator suits are the cheesiest thing...

aaronmullan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#82 aaronmullan
Looks like you could go into it and watch with an open mind and like it, no?
Omni-Slash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#83 Omni-Slash
[QUOTE="Omni-Slash"]what was truly awfull was the preview to Gi Joe...that movie looks like it could be the worst movie of all time...aaronmullan

Oh I'm going to watch it..and if I'm wrong I'm wrong..I have no qualms with admitting it.....and honeslty..at this point I've set the bar so low that it has to do better then what I'm thinking......
butterlou

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

#84 butterlou
Member since 2005 • 161 Posts

Michael bay actually did a phenomenal job on Transformers 2. The problem lies within itself however. The first movie had the spectacle of seeing Optimus Prime on the big screen. When it opened people in my theater gave him (Optimus) a standing ovation! In the middle of the movie?! So with that being over with the second film had to raise the stakes. Bay took the Transformers universe from it's origins all the way to the Energon era; which left many people in the dark. Those that didn't know about the powerlinx and the space bridge and minicons were left out. Jetfire and Starscream have history from before Starscream was a Decepticon. The Fallen was the out casted brother of Primes that worked for Unicron. So now the stage is set for part three. So if Unicron's apprentice The Fallen was defeated then Megatron is going to go back tell Unicron be reformed to Galvatron and there you have the set up for part 3; IF Bay follows the story.

I agree there were some silly parts but the movie is great. Mudflap and Skids were dummies in the cartoon as well but not as bad as they were portrayed. Ravage was awesome and to have Soundwave on screen too. Please, people, this movie was the ish!

Maniacc1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#85 Maniacc1
Member since 2006 • 5354 Posts
[QUOTE="LikeHaterade"]

[QUOTE="aaronmullan"] I've seen it and it was a terrible movie.aaronmullan

Mindless scenes involving Megan Fox showing off her hotness. She can't act, and Shia can barely act. Some of the funny parts weren't even that funny at all. The Twins got annoying (not because they're "racist" just because their jokes were bad). It was an hour too long, the first half could have been completely squashed into a 10 minute scene. But it was drawn out into a full hour :(

I agree with this completely. The first butt shot of Megan Fox was laughable. Bay certainly knows his target audience. :lol:
aaronmullan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#86 aaronmullan

[QUOTE="aaronmullan"][QUOTE="Omni-Slash"]what was truly awfull was the preview to Gi Joe...that movie looks like it could be the worst movie of all time...Omni-Slash

Oh I'm going to watch it..and if I'm wrong I'm wrong..I have no qualms with admitting it.....and honeslty..at this point I've set the bar so low that it has to do better then what I'm thinking......

It looks just exactly like Transformers, though. Mindless explosions for teh lulz.

LikeHaterade

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#87 LikeHaterade

Mindless scenes involving Megan Fox showing off her hotness. She can't act, and Shia can barely act. Some of the funny parts weren't even that funny at all. The Twins got annoying (not because they're "racist" just because their jokes were bad). It was an hour too long, the first half could have been completely squashed into a 10 minute scene. But it was drawn out into a full hour :(aaronmullan

The only scene that actually showed off Megan Fox's hotness was her getting undressed. I disagree with you on the acting. I do not think either of them are terrible actors. I thought the twins were funny and brought to the movie a similiar feeling of the original transformers, other than the gangster persona. But hey, I'm not going to tell you you're wrong for not liking it. :PSome of the parts you thought were terrible, I thoughtmade it a better movie.

aaronmullan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#88 aaronmullan

I agree with this completely. The first butt shot of Megan Fox was laughable. Bay certainly knows his target audience. :lol:Maniacc1
I was just like "Oh god, jesus christ why?!"

Silent-Hal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#89 Silent-Hal
Bay took the Transformers universe from it's origins all the way to the Energon.butterlou
The movie series is more based on the original Generation 1 cartoon, Armada, Energon and Cyberton weren't part of the same continuity. I doubt they'd have used any elements from those series for the movies either, as they aren't particularly popular amongst fans.
Oleg_Huzwog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#90 Oleg_Huzwog

I fully understood why some people are calling the Twins racist. They were really REALLY over the top caricatures (they can't read? gave one of them a gold tooth? what? seriously?). They stopped juuuust short of painting them in blackface and having them refer to Optimus as "Mastah".

thenorminator

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#91 thenorminator
Member since 2005 • 702 Posts

i saw it last night with the wife and kids. my wife and i enjoyed it. it's great for a michael bay movie....... but,out of all the walking talking robots the one thing i found hard to believe is Sam never told his girlfriend he loves her after 2 years of dating

aaronmullan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#92 aaronmullan

[QUOTE="aaronmullan"] Mindless scenes involving Megan Fox showing off her hotness. She can't act, and Shia can barely act. Some of the funny parts weren't even that funny at all. The Twins got annoying (not because they're "racist" just because their jokes were bad). It was an hour too long, the first half could have been completely squashed into a 10 minute scene. But it was drawn out into a full hour :(LikeHaterade

The only scene that actually showed off Megan Fox's hotness was her getting undressed. I disagree with you on the acting. I do not think either of them are terrible actors. I thought the twins were funny and brought to the movie a similiar feeling of the original transformers, other than the gangster persona. But hey, I'm not going to tell you you're wrong for not liking it. :PSome of the parts you thought were terrible, I thoughtmade it a better movie.

and her leaning over the motorcycle, and even one of the Decepticons saying "You're hot, but you're stupid" or something. She's not a bad actor? "I won't LEAVE WITHOUT you" I cringed at that.
Oleg_Huzwog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#93 Oleg_Huzwog

I do not think either of them are terrible actors.LikeHaterade

Fox is beyond terrible. She is void of personality and expression. Every scene of hers seemed like she was reading from cue cards.

LikeHaterade

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#94 LikeHaterade

I fully understood why some people are calling the Twins racist. They were really REALLY over the top caricatures (they can't read? gave one of them a gold tooth? what? seriously?). They stopped juuuust short of painting them in blackface and having them refer to Optimus as "Mastah".

Oleg_Huzwog

Lol very nice.

aaronmullan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#95 aaronmullan

Oleg_Huzwog
They weren't racist. They were a stereotype. But yeah, and their mindless fighting was just too stupid.
LikeHaterade

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#96 LikeHaterade

[QUOTE="LikeHaterade"]I do not think either of them are terrible actors.Oleg_Huzwog

Fox is beyond terrible. She is void of personality and expression. Every scene of hers seemed like she was reading from cue cards.

SPOILER ALERT:

What about the scene when Sam dies? How did she do there? Just out of curiosity.

WINDWAKER1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

#97 WINDWAKER1
Member since 2003 • 3397 Posts
It was one of the worst movies of the decade. It was literally unwatchable for that hour in between the forest scene and the egypt scene. I was even bored during the action scenes! Oh, and no one should bring up the "I wasn't expecting Oscar Material" argument. No one was expecting Oscar material...we were expecting a Michael Bay movie....and it was crap even on his standards.
Silent-Hal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#98 Silent-Hal
I thought the twins were funny and brought to the movie a similiar feeling of the original transformersLikeHaterade
So stuff like annoying black, gangsta speaking robots that have gold teeth and monkey shaped heads (they're racist stereotypes, basically) was in the original Tranformers cartoon? :| I'm starting to think that a number of people defending this movie never even knew what Transformers was until the first movie came out.
LikeHaterade

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#99 LikeHaterade

[QUOTE="LikeHaterade"]

[QUOTE="aaronmullan"] Mindless scenes involving Megan Fox showing off her hotness. She can't act, and Shia can barely act. Some of the funny parts weren't even that funny at all. The Twins got annoying (not because they're "racist" just because their jokes were bad). It was an hour too long, the first half could have been completely squashed into a 10 minute scene. But it was drawn out into a full hour :(aaronmullan

and her leaning over the motorcycle, and even one of the Decepticons saying "You're hot, but you're stupid" or something. She's not a bad actor? "I won't LEAVE WITHOUT you" I cringed at that.

I forgot about the motorcycle scene. That was another one. Still doesn't make it a bad movie though...Lol what was so bad about that line? I did not see anything wrong with that.

aaronmullan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#100 aaronmullan

[QUOTE="Oleg_Huzwog"]

[QUOTE="LikeHaterade"]I do not think either of them are terrible actors.LikeHaterade

SPOILER ALERT:

What about the scene when Sam dies? How did she do there? Just out of curiosity.

"NOOOO SAMM!!!" "I WUB YOU" :P