• 91 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

LoG-Sacrament

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 33

User Lists: 0

#51 LoG-Sacrament
Member since 2006 • 20397 Posts

[QUOTE="Quadrifoglio"]What's Black Metal? :?Dopemonk736

I believe it is a style of metal that uses high pitched vocals and heavily distorted instruments....like Dragonforce....I think....don't flame me :cry:

no, dragonforce isnt balck metal(they are power metal). this is black metal

Avatar image for WSGRandomPerson
WSGRandomPerson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#52 WSGRandomPerson
Member since 2007 • 13697 Posts
Black Metal out of those two, but death metal is great too.
Avatar image for deactivated-5e97585ea928c
deactivated-5e97585ea928c

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#53 deactivated-5e97585ea928c
Member since 2006 • 8521 Posts
Neither, Power/Thrash/Hair for the win.
Thechaninator

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#54 Thechaninator
Member since 2005 • 5187 Posts
[QUOTE="dante_123456"][QUOTE="GodLovesDead"][QUOTE="Large_Soda"][QUOTE="TempleGoat"]

[QUOTE="Large_Soda"]Whatever Staind and Puddle of Mudd is, that's the metal I like, I believe it's called REAL metal. Pretty much anything overseen by Fred Durst is the definition of metal. GodLovesDead

i hope you're joking. if not, i'm afraid you fail at life.

Remember that Puddle of Mudd song "She Hates Me"? What black or death metal song has conjured up such emotions as that? This girl clearly hates him.

Yes I am joking.

I like Opeth. I now open the floor for someone to tell me that they are not metal, or good, or edgy or something that typically happens in a music opinion thread.

Opeth is not metal, good, or edgy. You lose.

:o i didn't know you hated Opeth. Opeth is progressive metal...which is still metal. if you don't like them cause they have allot of softer songs, listen to The Leper Affinity, and Ghost of Perdition.

anyways, i perfer Death; mostly brutal/technical, and melodic, i have nothing against BM though, it's just not realymy cup of tea, although i stil listen to it (Mayhem, Immortal, 1349, Enslaved, and some Bathory, and Mercyful Fate)

I'm really just kidding. Opeth is metal and all of that. Never was a fan though. I found that a lot of fans of Opeth are also fans of Slipknot and In Flames so it's always been a joke among my friends.

So you WERE kidding.....

Weird thing is I too enjoy In Flames and Slipknot from time to time. I don't get why you would hate on In Flames, but I am very used to all the Slipknot hate.....

Severed_Hand

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55 Severed_Hand
Member since 2007 • 3402 Posts

Between Black and Death Metal, i choose Death! my favourite is Power Metal though.

catbuffalo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#56 catbuffalo
Member since 2006 • 905 Posts

Hmm well i really like melodic death metal. So i'll go with death.

I barely have any black metal in my collection.

_Tobli_

That's basically where i stand.

Except to be more specific i tend to favor the celtic and viking folk bands.

Immortalica

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57 Immortalica
Member since 2008 • 6309 Posts
That's a tough choice. But I'm siding with death.
UTXII

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#58 UTXII
Member since 2007 • 3448 Posts
Both. :D
Avatar image for TheTerribleFish
TheTerribleFish

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59 TheTerribleFish
Member since 2005 • 1793 Posts
[QUOTE="Dopemonk736"]

[QUOTE="Quadrifoglio"]What's Black Metal? :?LoG-Sacrament

I believe it is a style of metal that uses high pitched vocals and heavily distorted instruments....like Dragonforce....I think....don't flame me :cry:

no, dragonforce isnt balck metal(they are power metal). this is black metal

Reminds me of an old 8-bit game soundtrack with some tormenting shrieks over it. I prefer both, actually, though not a big fan of them. I do like symphonic black metal like Dimmu and Emperor, while I love melodic Death Metal like At the Gates and Dark Tranquillity.

dante_123456

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#60 dante_123456
Member since 2005 • 15011 Posts

[QUOTE="_Tobli_"]

catbuffalo

That's basically where i stand.

Except to be more specific i tend to favor the celtic and viking folk bands.

me to. ENSIFERUM FTW!!! :D

haggard_korn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#61 haggard_korn
Member since 2006 • 3662 Posts
im not really into the grunting stuff, but i would say black because it sounds way cooler
blooddemon666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62 blooddemon666
Member since 2003 • 22587 Posts
I like some groups from either, but I can't really say which one. seeing as death metal makes up most of my collection, I guess. I'm kinda picky when it comes to my music. but I have a very broad liking. I like stuff from rap, to 70's Prog Rock, to Metal, to CIassical. All depends on what mood I'm in.
GodLovesDead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63 GodLovesDead
Member since 2007 • 9755 Posts
[QUOTE="GodLovesDead"][QUOTE="dante_123456"][QUOTE="GodLovesDead"][QUOTE="Large_Soda"][QUOTE="TempleGoat"]

[QUOTE="Large_Soda"]Whatever Staind and Puddle of Mudd is, that's the metal I like, I believe it's called REAL metal. Pretty much anything overseen by Fred Durst is the definition of metal. Thechaninator

Remember that Puddle of Mudd song "She Hates Me"? What black or death metal song has conjured up such emotions as that? This girl clearly hates him.

Yes I am joking.

I like Opeth. I now open the floor for someone to tell me that they are not metal, or good, or edgy or something that typically happens in a music opinion thread.

Opeth is not metal, good, or edgy. You lose.

:o i didn't know you hated Opeth. Opeth is progressive metal...which is still metal. if you don't like them cause they have allot of softer songs, listen to The Leper Affinity, and Ghost of Perdition.

anyways, i perfer Death; mostly brutal/technical, and melodic, i have nothing against BM though, it's just not realymy cup of tea, although i stil listen to it (Mayhem, Immortal, 1349, Enslaved, and some Bathory, and Mercyful Fate)

I'm really just kidding. Opeth is metal and all of that. Never was a fan though. I found that a lot of fans of Opeth are also fans of Slipknot and In Flames so it's always been a joke among my friends.

So you WERE kidding.....

Weird thing is I too enjoy In Flames and Slipknot from time to time. I don't get why you would hate on In Flames, but I am very used to all the Slipknot hate.....

In Flames, Opeth, Lamb of God, etc. are all just lame popular metal bands. I'd rather not go in depth about it. But it's the kind of like why Cradle of Filth and Dimmu Borgir gets a lot of flack but the underground black metalists.

blooddemon666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64 blooddemon666

In Flames, Opeth, Lamb of God, etc. are all just lame popular metal bands. I'd rather not go in depth about it. But it's the kind of like why Cradle of Filth and Dimmu Borgir gets a lot of flack but the underground black metalists.

GodLovesDead

So you like/dislike a music(which is audio) because of the group's image (which is visual)

-dark-shadow-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65 -dark-shadow-
Member since 2007 • 985 Posts
Death metal. :D
OfficialBed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66 OfficialBed
Member since 2005 • 17668 Posts
death metal, also...metalcore
dhyce

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67 dhyce
Member since 2003 • 5609 Posts

I like a tiny bit of those genres, still haven't tried out a ton of bands from them.

Metal-wise I'm mostly into Progressive, Power, Symphonic, and Avant-Garde.

kingkilla3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68 kingkilla3
Member since 2006 • 17196 Posts
Blackened death... both.
Blood-Scribe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69 Blood-Scribe
Member since 2007 • 6465 Posts
Both. Though I do listen to death more often.
slorg_king

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70 slorg_king
Member since 2005 • 11269 Posts
I don't have much black, so death. But my favorite is symphonic... By a long shot...
bigdcstile

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71 bigdcstile
Member since 2004 • 2236 Posts
What's the difference?
skullkrusher13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#72 skullkrusher13
Member since 2004 • 8629 Posts

death metal growls > black metal shrieks

br00tal > kvlt

Avatar image for NecroKvltMuffin
NecroKvltMuffin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73 NecroKvltMuffin
Member since 2007 • 9334 Posts

Death metal only wins slightly. But to put this into perspective, I listen to a whole lot more death metal bands then black metal bands;) Both are at the top of metal for me.

Black metal is owning my life right now though. Today I'm listening to a bunch of Darkthrone.

kruesader

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#74 kruesader
Member since 2006 • 6443 Posts

Some death is great, especially Melodic Death metal, which is almost Black metal, so I would have to choose Black Metal.

Btw, Hortus Animae ftw.

Avatar image for NecroKvltMuffin
NecroKvltMuffin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#75 NecroKvltMuffin
Member since 2007 • 9334 Posts

Some death is great, especially Melodic Death metal, which is almost Black metal, so I would have to choose Black Metal.

Btw, Hortus Animae ftw.

kruesader

:|Did you just say Melodeath is almost black metal?

dante_123456

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#76 dante_123456

Btw, Hortus Animae ftw.

kruesader

:lol: Melodeath isn't anythung like Black Metal...go listen to Dark Tranquility, then go listen to some Mayhem, and tell me if you think they sound anything alike...

kylekatarn10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#77 kylekatarn10
Member since 2005 • 2818 Posts

_Tobli_

I have absolutely no Black Metal in my library. I really enjoy progressive death, and melodic death, though. Such as In Flames and Opeth.

RHCP87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#78 RHCP87
Member since 2007 • 1952 Posts
Death for me, although I like some of both.
Thechaninator

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#79 Thechaninator

GodLovesDead

*Chops down quote tree*

Anyways, Opeth is FAR from lame. I can't stand LoG and In Flames is alright, but man Opeth is amazing. They earned their popularity purely through how great their music is.

If you want lame metal, then look at Atreyu and Trivium....

TheZ3nMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#80 TheZ3nMan
Member since 2007 • 2658 Posts

Trash!! BTW whats black metal? african-american metal?G-Man88
Congrats my friend, you are now my sig quote. :P

And neither, Thrash is my favorite(Testament and Metallica=Win) along with good old Heavy Metal, like Black Sabbath. Subgenres are the epitome of fail.

GodLovesDead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#81 GodLovesDead
Member since 2007 • 9755 Posts
[QUOTE="GodLovesDead"]

Thechaninator

*Chops down quote tree*

Anyways, Opeth is FAR from lame. I can't stand LoG and In Flames is alright, but man Opeth is amazing. They earned their popularity purely through how great their music is.

I don't know man, Opeth is pretty boring. They are insanely overrated too. But really, I'll be damned if they don't make the most boring and tame "extreme" metal I've ever heard. I find anything relating to a progressive sub-genre is boring diatribe with no coherent idea or philisophy making the music worth the CDs they are recorded on. We can agree to disagree since it all comes down to opinion anways.

And for people who don't know what black metal is -

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9aZcgMmxHxw

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xV8LpUEdpBI

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7ZmMAC2bT5k

And all that good stuff.

darksword1123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#82 darksword1123
Member since 2004 • 30121 Posts
Industrial Metal.
blooddemon666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#83 blooddemon666

I don't know man, Opeth is pretty boring. They are insanely overrated too. But really, I'll be damned if they don't make the most boring and tame "extreme" metal I've ever heard. I find anything relating to a progressive sub-genre is boring diatribe with no coherent idea or philisophy making the music worth the CDs they are recorded on. We can agree to disagree since it all comes down to opinion anways.

And all that good stuff.

GodLovesDead

Though I wholehartedly disagree with you on the Opeth part, All I get from Black metal is some guitar wanking, drum slamming and screaming, its all kinda same-ish from my ears. Don't think I'm mindlessly bashing it; I've tried getting into it, I've read lyrics (which in some cases are quite good) along with the song, but the grating vocals annoy me to no end. I understand it takes a lot of talent to shriek like that for an hour long live show. But it doesn't appeal to me.

There is some black metal that I can listen to, the newest album by enslaved (my crystal ball tells me you're going to say something along the lines of "sellout") In a review I read sums it up very nicely, "less is more"

The_Red_X

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#84 The_Red_X
Member since 2003 • 1572 Posts
I'm inot metalcore now gotta love Devil Wears Prada
Thechaninator

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#85 Thechaninator
[QUOTE="Thechaninator"][QUOTE="GodLovesDead"]

GodLovesDead

*Chops down quote tree*

And all that good stuff.

I think Opeth makes some of the most interesting music around. I normally hate when songs drag on that long, but they do it so well that I can't help but get enthralled by the music. If you want overrated then look at Tool and Dream Theater. Hell, Pink Floyd is overrated too.

dante_123456

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#86 dante_123456

And all that good stuff.

but...but...GOJIRA :cry: anyway, i've noticed Opeth is a love it, or hate it band. you either find them very creative, interesting, and overall amazing, or you think they are boring as hell.

DlMEBAG

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#87 DlMEBAG
Member since 2007 • 379 Posts
What kind of options are these? There are so many types of metal, and you list the two worst. Black metal is too much screaming, you should be able to kinda hear what they say in Metal.
Large_Soda

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#88 Large_Soda
Member since 2003 • 8658 Posts
[QUOTE="Thechaninator"][QUOTE="GodLovesDead"]

GodLovesDead

*Chops down quote tree*

And all that good stuff.

Thanks for showing me what Blech Metal is, now I can say I've heard it and that I don't like it.

I actually felt like a square parent that doesn't understand their kid when listening to that. I had flashbacks of my father asking me to turn down Metallica, I always laughed when he called it noise, but now I have that exact same opinion on what you posted.

The only song I was able to get into even remotely was the last one, but the first 2, specifically the first one were plain awful to my ears.

I would rather walk into a department store and tell people that I had AIDS from unclean heroine needles than show them the first video you linked and say I actually liked it.

But hey that's just me, and it is all about opinion.

EddieTheGreat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#89 EddieTheGreat
Member since 2007 • 270 Posts

[QUOTE="Large_Soda"]Whatever Staind and Puddle of Mudd is, that's the metal I like, I believe it's called REAL metal. Pretty much anything overseen by Fred Durst is the definition of metal. TempleGoat

Lol, Puddle of Mudd is Metal? It is Grunge. :lol:

I think you have become very confused.

TallicaFan2005

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#90 TallicaFan2005
Member since 2005 • 4126 Posts
How about no metal?
gameroz