Thoughts from a suicidal 21 year old

This topic is locked from further discussion.

LetsPlayBrick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 LetsPlayBrick
Member since 2007 • 150 Posts

I don't know why I'm typing this on these particular forums...maybe its to let everyone know how thankful they should be everyday they wake up...everyday they run or watch or even go to work. To be thankful for every bit of your health. Maybe its because I want sympathy, or I'm just emo. I am closer to suicide every day. My depression worsens everyday and I cry longer everyday. My relationship with my girlfriend and mother gets harder every day. I have already lost most of my friends as I don't feel like doing anything anymore.....

I am currently 21. I was a normal gamer, weightlifter, and all around computer nerd. After a really heavy leg workout, the next night I got drunk, and the very next day I noticed a tingling in my left testicle. Its been a downward spiral since. Costant dull pain in both testicles. Discomfort in lower abdominals and pain in lower back. Legs are extremely week and hips and groin area cramps. Was diagnosed with Chronic Non-Bacterial Prostatitis. Which basically means there is no cure....its a mary go round of doctors and urologists who have no answers. They can find no bacteria to treat..the prostatitis forums make things worse...some people have had for 20+ years. I'm not that strong...4 months has taken its toll on me. Some of those are taking $16,000 trips to japan to see a doctor who gives them over a month of IV treatment, prostate injections, and other horrible things. Worse with the depression it has brought mild schizophrenia and alot of nightmares at night(All of which I'm recording in a notebook for future reference/for other to see). I quit my job in hopes of resting until I got better...but it looks like I'm not going to get better. I am living at home...with an already stressed budget as my mom and dad got a divorce about 6 months ago. So with only my mom working on her crappy wage, me out of the job, and medical bills stacking up.

I had it all growing up. I was spoiled, I worked out, I was smart. The plan was to graduate college and provide my wife with a great living, now I can't even walk in the park with her without having to take breaks. Be sexy with rock hard abs, which have turned to flab in the past months from no exercise at all. I'd give it all just to watch tv or sit here typing this without pain. I'd give it all to have my old life back...

Feel free to ask any question, say things like pwned, or didn't read. It doesn't really matter.....

-Sniper99-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 26

#2 -Sniper99-
Member since 2004 • 8983 Posts
I read it. Dude that sucks. I hope you can pull through this tough time of your life. :)
MrGeezer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 MrGeezer
Member since 2002 • 59765 Posts

Come on, man. Don't kill yourself. That's not cool.

EDIT: And when I say "that's not cool", I do not in any way mean to suggest that you are doing it because suicide is cool. I am simply using the word "cool" in a loose sense. You know, like when something bad happens, you automatically say "man, that wasn't cool."

All I am trying to say is that you shouldn't kill yourself. That's it. Poor wording on my part, but I swear that that was completely unintentional. Sorry, dude.

Led_poison

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 Led_poison
Member since 2004 • 10146 Posts
Enjoy life while you can, your already at rockbottom, no where to go but up.
Hello_Skitty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 Hello_Skitty
Member since 2008 • 275 Posts
Dude. I'm sorry. I don't have anything relevant to ask either. :(
Avatar image for deactivated-5e7f221e304c9
deactivated-5e7f221e304c9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#6 deactivated-5e7f221e304c9
Member since 2004 • 14645 Posts
Suicide is a permanent solution to a temporary problem. DON'T DO IT!
trav_have

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

User Lists: 1

#7 trav_have
Member since 2004 • 5712 Posts
Try and get through this tough time. Im going through a lot of truggles as of this week. With deaths, and whatnot. Its almost my !@#$ing birthday for gods sake.
Scarface_tm431

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Scarface_tm431
Member since 2004 • 10063 Posts
That's tough man, you should pick up some motivational books and such and maybe even start writing about your life experiences so far, keep on writing through this time in your life.
Wetall_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Wetall_basic
Member since 2003 • 4086 Posts
That's horrible,man. I'm sorry you have to go through that,hope you find something to bring you peace,perhaps you will find a medication that will work for you. I wish you luck.
Aeronautical

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#10 Aeronautical
Member since 2005 • 2039 Posts
Sorry to hear that man. I don't really have something to compare it to in a similar light. But when things get hard, I think of the good things that are easy to overlook in our modern lives. I want to say more, but I'm just not wise enough.
Fortier

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Fortier
Member since 2004 • 7728 Posts

Well, I'm not gonna tell you not to kill yourself, cause I have no place to. That's something that only you know is right or wrong for you.

Yeah, sounds like things suck for you...if you wanted some sympathy, you've got it from me, but that's about all I can tell you.

Xeros606

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 Xeros606
Member since 2007 • 11126 Posts

its aiight, i think i might have MRSA. :(

anyways, just live life the way you want to live. do that and nothing else will matter.

-Asterisk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 -Asterisk
Member since 2005 • 1372 Posts
Was your myspace made before or after this all happened? Its just an interesting name considering your situation.
joey101010

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 joey101010
Member since 2003 • 7521 Posts
Jeez, you got it rough, and I got respect for you. Just remember that somewhere, someone is suffering far more greatly than you, and they haven't contemplated suicide.
mikeg0788

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#16 mikeg0788
Member since 2003 • 11784 Posts
Are there no pain meds you can take?
SOedipus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 SOedipus
Member since 2006 • 14801 Posts

Jeez, you got it rough, and I got respect for you. Just remember that somewhere, someone is suffering far more greatly than you, and they haven't contemplated suicide.joey101010

I was going to say something like that but I was afraid it sounded too harsh. But yeah I agree.

foxy_grandpa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 foxy_grandpa
Member since 2008 • 91 Posts
i usually don't have the attention span to read long posts, but this one had me from start to finish. that truly does suck, you're too young with still a lot of things to do in life. i wish the best for you.
sovereign_22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 sovereign_22
Member since 2008 • 1190 Posts
hey man, i have chronic depression too, but you gotta believe me things will eventually get better, im serious, life can have horrible moments that might last a very long time, but you got to stay strong, i know it unbelievably hard because killing yourself sounds so easy, but its a permanent solution to a temporary problem, just trust me brother things will get better, dont end it all, your only 21 you have alot of life left in you
xxDustmanxx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 xxDustmanxx
Member since 2007 • 2598 Posts
suicide wont make things right.You have to* pull through,i had a friend who not too long ago was diagnosed with cancer,and was severely sick from what i heard.One day the cancer just disappeared and he was fine,you have to keep on living man,you only have one life to live.You need to be strong,and have hope.
Lebbin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 120

#21 Lebbin
Member since 2007 • 2049 Posts
Dude. Don't do it. You'd be thankful that you don't. Being a Christian, it has changed my life, and the lives of those who have embraced the Christian faith. I recommend talking this through with a pastor (the suicidal part), because I am guaranteed they can help.
Avatar image for deactivated-6016f2513d412
deactivated-6016f2513d412

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 deactivated-6016f2513d412
Member since 2007 • 20414 Posts
Wow, I really don't know what to say other than that I'm sorry, man... I hope things get better for you -- you deserve a break.
muthsera666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#23 muthsera666
Member since 2005 • 13271 Posts
I feel for you man. I know what kind of pain that is. I've had kidney stones bofore, and that kind of pain I would only wish on enemies. I know there are times when things don't seem like they could get any worse, but that just means that things can get better. There are all kinds of advances in sciene all the time. Don't give up all hope.
Tuky06

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#24 Tuky06
Member since 2007 • 5026 Posts
No comment... seriously man, that's horrible...:(
LetsPlayBrick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 LetsPlayBrick

Yeah, the myspace is like 2 years old.

I've read all the don't do it suicide things on the internet and they all say "things will get better, time heals, etc etc" I mean I have been silghtly depressed before, but no matter how depressed, I could...lets say enjoy a pizza....or go out shopping....or sit down and watch tv. Now I can't do the simplest task or luxary without the constant dull pain that greets me in the morning, and doesn't leave until I sleep. And from what I've read it doesn't heal...it doesn't get better....I'm trapped in the worst possible way. As long as I am breathing, I am in pain.

The main thing holding me back is the pain to my loved ones...and the fact that Ihave been Christian my whole life. Praying does not seem to help this problem...I ask God everyday that even if he won't fix this problem, that even if I can't know why I have this, to at least comfort me and be with me. BUt, like most nights, I end up crying myself to sleep until I doze off and am awoken by either nightmare, or a strong urge to urinate.

Pain meds like anti-inflammatories have had little effect on the pain. Many seasoned people with this disease go as far as opiates and oxycotins etc. They say after a few months the pain always returns and upping the dose is required. I immediatly looked into removing the prostate, but for some odd reason even that only takes away the pain in about 60% of patients...and bring upon new issues.

And yes luckily my rig is still in date. The computer is one of the few things that takes my mind off of things sometimes...

Lebbin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 120

#26 Lebbin
Member since 2007 • 2049 Posts

Hopefully this will help you too.

http://www.metanoia.org/suicide/

God must have done this for a purpose. I know how it feels to be helpless and in constant pain, but pull through, and don't commit suicide. If your a true Christian, you'll know it's definitely not the right thing to do.

linkin_guy109

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#27 linkin_guy109
Member since 2005 • 8864 Posts
dont worry man, youll be alright, dont let things get to you
SaintTheKing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 SaintTheKing
Member since 2007 • 918 Posts

God has a plan for everyone. And His plan doesnt include people taking their own life. If you look to God for answers He will save you.

ZeRo-ZeN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 ZeRo-ZeN
Member since 2003 • 2865 Posts
plz check your inbox
delusional22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 delusional22
Member since 2007 • 268 Posts
i was actually feeling really depressed right now. I have depression as well as other problems. I was just thinking about how tommorow marks the 3 year anniversary since I ODed. I lived, but I havent been the same since. I've had brain damage. It's strange when the things you once appreciated are hard to now, when the personality you had has changed and your ability to interpret and figure things out isnt what it used to be. I wish I was just my old self again, and was really ****** depressed right now. But I'm not the only one with a problem. Hope things get better for you..
muthsera666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#31 muthsera666
Member since 2005 • 13271 Posts

Dude. Don't do it. You'd be thankful that you don't. Being a Christian, it has changed my life, and the lives of those who have embraced the Christian faith. I recommend talking this through with a pastor (the suicidal part), because I am guaranteed they can help. Lebbin

Personally, I recommend a counselor or a doctor you trust. Religion did not work at all for me.

fdsfgs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 fdsfgs
Member since 2008 • 1678 Posts
dude dont commit suicide, i see what you're going through but still. think of how selfish it is. you're strong enough to pull through
Wetall_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 Wetall_basic
Hey,look at the bright side,maybe you constitue a case where you can get government sponsered mariijuana. Eh? Eh? Damnit,I cannot think of anything that dosen't seem distateful.
sovereign_22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 sovereign_22
you know what really works the best? (speaking from experience) just dont think about it, do what ever it takes to keep your mind off of it, thats how you beat it, deppression is like an attention whore, you need to ignore it
mikeg0788

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 mikeg0788

Wow...i really don't know what you say. You're a stronger person than I am for sticking it out this long.

Be thankful for what you DO have, though; a girlfriend who obviously cares enough about you to stick by this whole time, a mom who supports you, and some friends.

If your computer brings you some happiness, keep with it. Maybe you could find an at home job dealing with computers or tech equipment (i kept it generalize since i have no idea what you're into).

LetsPlayBrick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 LetsPlayBrick
Same to you delusion. Thats horrible man, just smoking weed used to freak me out sometimes as far as thought proccess. Best of luck to you as well....
Wetall_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 Wetall_basic
you know what really works the best? (speaking from experience) just dont think about it, do what ever it takes to keep your mind off of it, thats how you beat it, deppression is like an attention whore, you need to ignore itsovereign_22

You haven't read the thread,have you? He's not depressed for some random reason.
Fortier

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 Fortier

God has a plan for everyone. And His plan doesnt include people taking their own life. If you look to God for answers He will save you.

SaintTheKing

Instead of spewing some ignorant conversion-hopeful nonsense, how about you take the time to read his posts and genuinely try to help him?

Besides, if you'd read his posts, you'd know he's Christian anyway, making this already useless post useless again.

And that is not a double negative. This is just one of the worst posts I have ever seen in all my time on OT.

Avatar image for deactivated-5e7f221e304c9
deactivated-5e7f221e304c9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#39 deactivated-5e7f221e304c9
Member since 2004 • 14645 Posts
Medical Marijuana?
delusional22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 delusional22

Same to you delusion. Thats horrible man, just smoking weed used to freak me out sometimes as far as thought proccess. Best of luck to you as well....LetsPlayBrick

thanks

LetsPlayBrick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 LetsPlayBrick
yeah I've thought about at home stuff as well. Theres not much for me really at home...I've been working on short movies and editing and stuff in my spare time. I'm pretty sure if I make it through this I will have a career in film....the schizophrenia has left me with tons of ideas and horrors for a variety of movies I'd like to produce...I write the nightmares and sounds down so I don't forget them...not the best way to get ideas though...actually I'd quite like it to never get anymore ideas....
mikeg0788

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 mikeg0788

Same to you delusion. Thats horrible man, just smoking weed used to freak me out sometimes as far as thought proccess. Best of luck to you as well....LetsPlayBrick

I don't think he was talking about weed when he said he OD'ed..speaking of which, can pot help alleviate some of that pain?

sovereign_22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 sovereign_22
[QUOTE="sovereign_22"]you know what really works the best? (speaking from experience) just dont think about it, do what ever it takes to keep your mind off of it, thats how you beat it, deppression is like an attention whore, you need to ignore itWetall_basic

You haven't read the thread,have you? He's not depressed for some random reason.

i know i read it, all deppression is the same wether it seems like it or not, all reality is is what your mind tells you it is, you need to control your reality or it will turn you into its slave
Lyphe2k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 Lyphe2k
Member since 2007 • 3385 Posts

I won't tell you anything that you probably already haven't heard. I don't know if you'll get better, I don't know if things will get better and I won't ask you to not do something when I don't know you. All I can ask of you is to take whatever you possibly have left in your life and go into that with whatever strenght you have left. Whether it's your mom, nephew, friend's friend. Just remember, when you've hit bottom, the only way left is up.

Good luck, bro.

Fortier

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 Fortier

[QUOTE="LetsPlayBrick"]Same to you delusion. Thats horrible man, just smoking weed used to freak me out sometimes as far as thought proccess. Best of luck to you as well....mikeg0788

I don't think he was talking about weed when he said he OD'ed..speaking of which, can pot help alleviate some of that pain?

Is it even possible to OD on weed? Or is that what "greening out" is.

Sorry to sidetrack your thread Brick, but I'm actually quite curious.

mikeg0788

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 mikeg0788
[QUOTE="mikeg0788"]

[QUOTE="LetsPlayBrick"]Same to you delusion. Thats horrible man, just smoking weed used to freak me out sometimes as far as thought proccess. Best of luck to you as well....Fortier

From what I've read, no. I know some guys who could give you the entire chemical breakdown of why you can't OD, but i'm not that knowledgeable.

Whicker89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 Whicker89
Member since 2004 • 18919 Posts
So have you deceided who is going to get your stuff?
Lockedge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 Lockedge
Member since 2002 • 16765 Posts

I don't know why I'm typing this on these particular forums...maybe its to let everyone know how thankful they should be everyday they wake up...everyday they run or watch or even go to work. To be thankful for every bit of your health. Maybe its because I want sympathy, or I'm just emo. I am closer to suicide every day. My depression worsens everyday and I cry longer everyday. My relationship with my girlfriend and mother gets harder every day. I have already lost most of my friends as I don't feel like doing anything anymore.....

I am currently 21. I was a normal gamer, weightlifter, and all around computer nerd. After a really heavy leg workout, the next night I got drunk, and the very next day I noticed a tingling in my left testicle. Its been a downward spiral since. Costant dull pain in both testicles. Discomfort in lower abdominals and pain in lower back. Legs are extremely week and hips and groin area cramps. Was diagnosed with Chronic Non-Bacterial Prostatitis. Which basically means there is no cure....its a mary go round of doctors and urologists who have no answers. They can find no bacteria to treat..the prostatitis forums make things worse...some people have had for 20+ years. I'm not that strong...4 months has taken its toll on me. Some of those are taking $16,000 trips to japan to see a doctor who gives them over a month of IV treatment, prostate injections, and other horrible things. Worse with the depression it has brought mild schizophrenia and alot of nightmares at night(All of which I'm recording in a notebook for future reference/for other to see). I quit my job in hopes of resting until I got better...but it looks like I'm not going to get better. I am living at home...with an already stressed budget as my mom and dad got a divorce about 6 months ago. So with only my mom working on her crappy wage, me out of the job, and medical bills stacking up.

I had it all growing up. I was spoiled, I worked out, I was smart. The plan was to graduate college and provide my wife with a great living, now I can't even walk in the park with her without having to take breaks. Be sexy with rock hard abs, which have turned to flab in the past months from no exercise at all. I'd give it all just to watch tv or sit here typing this without pain. I'd give it all to have my old life back...

Feel free to ask any question, say things like pwned, or didn't read. It doesn't really matter.....

LetsPlayBrick

1. You have a girlfriend. That's a plus.
2. This disease sounds rough, having looked it up. The meds and appointments must be hella expensive. It's like a bad STD, except not transmitted sexually. There seem to be exercises and regimens available, but I'm sure you know more about that than I do in your current situation(obviously).
3. Depression is bad. I've been through a couple of my own, but there is always a way out. A good friend or two, or a family member can help you out. Finding an escape iskey. I'm sure that the pain you regularly experience would be hard to dull into submission, so I don't know if music would help, but it helped me plenty.

As for the suicide...Last May, a close friend of mine attempted suicide, and it was hell for him to get better, and it was hell for me and about 15 or 20 others who he was either family or friends with. I had pretty bad anxiety after learning of his attempt and my confidence dropped, not to mention the time spent with my friends. I'd driven him home the night he tried to kill himself, and I still blame myself for not being a better friend to help him pull through. Not being around him enough, and it created a vicious cycle of neglect and depression on my part. It took his recovery and a lot of soul searching to get back to normal. I couldn't imagine where I'd be right now if he died. I'd probably still be a tremendous wreck.

I've experienced what attempted suicides cause firsthand, and I know people who have had friends or family finish the deed, and it leaves scars. I'm not trying to guilt you into anything, but you wouldn't be the only person affected by your suicide.

delusional22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 delusional22
[QUOTE="mikeg0788"]

[QUOTE="LetsPlayBrick"]Same to you delusion. Thats horrible man, just smoking weed used to freak me out sometimes as far as thought proccess. Best of luck to you as well....Fortier

[QUOTE="mikeg0788"]

i don't think it's possible to OD on weed, I ODed on alcohol. I was 15 at the time.

mikeg0788

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 mikeg0788

yeah I've thought about at home stuff as well. Theres not much for me really at home...I've been working on short movies and editing and stuff in my spare time. I'm pretty sure if I make it through this I will have a career in film....the schizophrenia has left me with tons of ideas and horrors for a variety of movies I'd like to produce...I write the nightmares and sounds down so I don't forget them...not the best way to get ideas though...actually I'd quite like it to never get anymore ideas....LetsPlayBrick

Well damn dude theres your light at the end of the tunnel. You have a goal...now pursue it. I know its probably not as easy as that, but damn...at least you have something to shoot for.