The Young Turks spit on and fat shame Alex Jones!!!

• 77 results
bforrester420

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#51  Edited By bforrester420
Member since 2014 • 3480 Posts

@LJS9502_basic said:
@Aljosa23 said:

TYT and Alex Jones are both twats of varying degrees but there's nothing wrong with fat shaming.

Haha....liberals are so hypocritical.

The vast majority of fat people make a lifestyle choice to be fat. "God" didn't make them that way...their inability to burn as many calories as then consume made them that way. What's wrong with shaming someone for choosing to be slovenly? I don't outwardly engage in any shaming, but I'll silently judge them. I'm a cigarette smoker and deserve to be shamed for my inability to kick the habit.

Serraph105

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#52  Edited By Serraph105
Member since 2007 • 36044 Posts

@bforrester420: Regarding your smoking I'd argue that you deserve to be helped. Same goes for people who need to lose weight.

Particularly when negativity (aka tough love) has rarely been shown to help people.

Byshop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#53 Byshop  Moderator
Member since 2002 • 20504 Posts

Everyone take it down a notch with the personal insults, please. Insulting each other (even indirectly) is not allowed.

As to the topic, it looked like a heated exchange on both sides. The thread topic makes it look like TYT went after Alex Jones as opposed to him walking onto their set uninvited to force a confrontation and the situation devolving into a shouting match.

To be clear, I don't like TYT at all, nor do I like Jones, but Jones was clearly the bigger jerk here.

-Byshop

KEND0_KAP0NI

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#54 KEND0_KAP0NI
Member since 2016 • 1231 Posts

@GreySeal9 said:
@kend0_kap0ni said:
@GreySeal9 said:

Ana Kasaparian is sexy tho.

she is but she cock blocks her self when she opens her mouth. She is a huge feminist hypocrite (feminist are hypocrite by definition anyways tho...)

Could have had a lighthearted exchange about Ana's sexiness but you just had to go into teh feminist rant for like the millionth time. Don't you guys ever get tired of it?

I dont see feminist taking a break for their intolerant authoritarian crusade.

I will always point out their bullshit. Why? Because I can for now... before they take away free speech and opposing opinions

Avatar image for deactivated-5f9e3c6a83e51
deactivated-5f9e3c6a83e51

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

#55 deactivated-5f9e3c6a83e51
Member since 2004 • 57548 Posts

I have no idea who any of those people are.

Serraph105

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56 Serraph105
Member since 2007 • 36044 Posts

@sonicare said:

I have no idea who any of those people are.

You're a lucky one.

Solaryellow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57 Solaryellow
Member since 2013 • 7035 Posts

What you saw exemplified was the easiest way to fire up a liberal. No, coming on the set won't do it. Mentioning Slick Willy in an unflattering light is the key. Notice how everything was relatively cool until the shirt came out and emotions changed?

byof_america

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#58 byof_america
Member since 2006 • 1952 Posts

@kend0_kap0ni said:
@GreySeal9 said:
@kend0_kap0ni said:
@GreySeal9 said:

I dont see feminist taking a break for their intolerant authoritarian crusade.

Loading Video...

I feel like trigglypuff has taken a few too many breaks, most of them probably at a donut shop.

intotheminx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59 intotheminx
Member since 2014 • 2608 Posts

Am I insane or did Alex Jones call some woman a "jihad?" I don't blame them for the freak out. Love the selective hearing here.

OmegaTau

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60  Edited By OmegaTau
Member since 2007 • 908 Posts

Alex jones is wolf in sheep clothing to get the far right angry enough so the government can push marshal law

then who cares

America might need to fall for both sides to be humbled.

Avatar image for deactivated-5cf0a2e13dbde
deactivated-5cf0a2e13dbde

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 82

#61 deactivated-5cf0a2e13dbde
Member since 2005 • 12935 Posts

@OmegaTau said:

Alex jones is wolf in sheep clothing to get the far right angry enough so the government can push marshal law

Wolves in sheep's clothing usually attempt to hide their true nature. Jones is constantly growling, hissing and screaming.

Avatar image for deactivated-583e460ca986b
deactivated-583e460ca986b

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62 deactivated-583e460ca986b
Member since 2004 • 7240 Posts

This is the 2nd camera angle of the confrontation I've seen now. This one was much better. And I look forward to the release of the other 120 videos taken during the scuffle. Does everyone really need to record everything?

BravoOneActual

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 21

User Lists: 1

#63 BravoOneActual
Member since 2010 • 799 Posts

I thoroughly enjoyed all of that.

Archangel3371

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#64  Edited By Archangel3371
Member since 2004 • 44376 Posts

Don't really know too much about any of these people and when I do hear something it's usually not good. After watching this video I can see why. I find it quite humorous when people who don't really care for each go and pat the person on the back or shoulder in that "buddy" kind of way but you just know they're doing to agitate the person.

mrbojangles25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65  Edited By mrbojangles25
Member since 2005 • 58439 Posts

This is a textbook example of people taking things wayyyyyyyyyyyy too serious. They're going to yell themselves right into a couple heart attacks, sadly (or not sadly).

I generally don't enjoy seeing spiteful, fearful conservatives baiting overenthusiastic, elitist liberals, but that was some good baiting/trolling.

mrbojangles25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66 mrbojangles25

@GreySeal9 said:
@LJS9502_basic said:
@dave123321 said:

He means unfair treatment between men and women

Ah well I have noticed many libs here that are not so invested in that. They get quite vocal about women that want that...so I guess that hits the hypocrisy standard for some as well.

A lot of people on GameSpot who appear to be liberal are not actual liberal IMO. Some people on this forum just seem liberal because they love to hate on religion and they'll promote gay rights, but then these same people will turn around rant about "SWJs" and "teh evil feminism," which you won't hear from any mature progressive.

We common-sense, everyday, moderate liberals have our limits, and there is a pretty fine line between supporting the rights of others and campaigning for them...and delving into bleeding-heart, apologist, or SJW territory.

The latter is how Trump has gained so much traction, after all (regressive). The problem is when you have people saying all liberals are regressive (SJW, PC, etc), when that's simply not true. Another issue is most moderate liberals won't voice objections against other more extreme regressive liberals for fear of being ostracized.

So yeah, I am liberal. But liberal enough? I don't know. I still refer to homeless people as "homeless", not "un-domiciled", and I still refer to black people as "black", and not as a "person of color". When I have to go out of my way and maintain this false appearance of looking proper and dancing around people's feelings, that when I have to draw the line. Same with transgenders; to me it's just really really convincing cross-dressing, but I still support their right to whatever they want as long as it doesn't hurt anyone.

Golden Rule, baby, that's all it is.

MrGeezer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67  Edited By MrGeezer
Member since 2002 • 59765 Posts

@mrbojangles25: wtf does this have to do with rights? People can cry and moan if you don't refer to "homeless" people as "un-domiciled", and it doesn't matter because no one gives a shit. You want to keep calling them homeless? Then go ahead and call them homeless. No one's taking away your "right" to do that, worst case scenario is that they withdraw support from you because they think you're an asshole. Which, if this IS somehow about rights, is their right. After all, shouldn't we have the right to call people out as assholes and withdraw support for them?

EDIT: "When I have to go out of my way and maintain this false appearance of looking proper and dancing around people's feelings, that when I have to draw the line."

At least in the USA, I don't see any LAWS mandating that. So if you don't want to look proper and don't want to dance around peoples' feeling, then don't ****ing do that. This is a country where the ****ing KKK is still actually a thing, dude. Sure, there will be CONSEQUENCES if you don't look proper and make a reasonable attempt to be a decent human being, but so ****ing what? You might lose your career for being a politically incorrect asshole, but your employer probably has the RIGHT to fire your ass if your being a politically incorrect asshole is a liability to them.

"False appearance of looking proper"? Get the hell out of here with that nonsense. Most people aren't gonna have a job if they show up to work every day dressed like hobos and smelling like they haven't showered in three days. If you want to get treated in a "proper" manner, then YES you have to look and act properly.

Doozie78

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#68 Doozie78
Member since 2014 • 1123 Posts

I have a lot more respect for Alex than I ever will for Cenk and his lot.

GreySeal9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 41

#69  Edited By GreySeal9
Member since 2010 • 28247 Posts

@MrGeezer said:

@mrbojangles25: wtf does this have to do with rights? People can cry and moan if you don't refer to "homeless" people as "un-domiciled", and it doesn't matter because no one gives a shit. You want to keep calling them homeless? Then go ahead and call them homeless. No one's taking away your "right" to do that, worst case scenario is that they withdraw support from you because they think you're an asshole. Which, if this IS somehow about rights, is their right. After all, shouldn't we have the right to call people out as assholes and withdraw support for them?

EDIT: "When I have to go out of my way and maintain this false appearance of looking proper and dancing around people's feelings, that when I have to draw the line."

At least in the USA, I don't see any LAWS mandating that. So if you don't want to look proper and don't want to dance around peoples' feeling, then don't ****ing do that. This is a country where the ****ing KKK is still actually a thing, dude. Sure, there will be CONSEQUENCES if you don't look proper and make a reasonable attempt to be a decent human being, but so ****ing what? You might lose your career for being a politically incorrect asshole, but your employer probably has the RIGHT to fire your ass if your being a politically incorrect asshole is a liability to them.

"False appearance of looking proper"? Get the hell out of here with that nonsense. Most people aren't gonna have a job if they show up to work every day dressed like hobos and smelling like they haven't showered in three days. If you want to get treated in a "proper" manner, then YES you have to look and act properly.

^This.

mrbojangles25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70 mrbojangles25

@GreySeal9 said:
@MrGeezer said:

^This.

This is why I love @MrGeezer

Jag85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 219

#71 Jag85
Member since 2005 • 19653 Posts

@MrGeezer said:

Basically, free speech is a two-way street.

SarahF

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72 SarahF
Member since 2015 • 182 Posts

@mrbojangles25: speaking on behalf of the "transgenders", thank you for giving us your permission to exist. However, if you take the time to actually educate yourself on us, you don't need to add in a clause about "so long as it doesn't hurt anyone".

We don't hurt anyone, but we get hurt by others at an absurdly high rate.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73 deactivated-5cf0a2e13dbde

@sarahf said:

@mrbojangles25: speaking on behalf of the "transgenders", thank you for giving us your permission to exist. However, if you take the time to actually educate yourself on us, you don't need to add in a clause about "so long as it doesn't hurt anyone".

Not hating, but I have a legit question. The canadian man who recently came out as identifying as a 6 year old girl. How does that work exactly? This person talked about how they were fulfilling their sexual destiny, and was dating, or thinking of dating an adult biker. Now, if someone really views themselves as a 6 year old girl, would this not constitute rape? If not, how can one argue this person is not simply delusional?

I guess my question is, where does support for someone's struggle end, and the aiding of delusion begin?

SarahF

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#74 SarahF
Member since 2015 • 182 Posts

@hillelslovak: *exasperated sigh*

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#75 deactivated-5cf0a2e13dbde

@sarahf said:

@hillelslovak: *exasperated sigh*

I think it is a legitimate question. how is my question at all out of bounds?

N64DD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#76 N64DD
Member since 2015 • 13167 Posts

@hillelslovak: Because you're exposing the insanity of things and it doesn't know how to respond without being a victim.

mrbojangles25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#77 mrbojangles25

@sarahf said:

I don't think I implied anywhere that I was giving permission for anyone "to exist". And I know a few transgenders, I will just take their word for it.

Sorry you were offended by what I said but I think you might have taken it out of context. I fully support equal rights for just about everyone.

I was just saying you don't have to like it or understand liberal causes to be a liberal.