The worst concert you have ever been to

• 58 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Avatar image for deactivated-5d693385560c3
deactivated-5d693385560c3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#51 deactivated-5d693385560c3
Member since 2012 • 666 Posts
Never been to a concert.
redstorm72

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#52 redstorm72
Member since 2008 • 4646 Posts

Saw B.B. King last night and it was aweful. He wasn't even of stage for the first 20 minutes, and when he did come on, he barely sang at all (he literally sang 3 lines all concert). The only talking he did was incoherent rambling, like when he lost his pick and talked about it for a solid 5 minutes. It was basically one giant, self indulgent jam session, and not even a very good one. There were multiple times when it seemed like B.B. or the other guitarist would lose the rythm of flub a solo. All in all, one of the most boring shows I've been to.

dramaybaz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#53 dramaybaz
Member since 2005 • 6020 Posts

[QUOTE="dramaybaz"] See I like bands that experiment and change their sounds, rather than sticking to one formula. Damnation is probably my favourite album from them, I guess some people didn't like it because it wasn't BR00TALZZZZ.Saturos3091

You're making an assumption there. Change can obviously be good or bad. Damnation was a fine little "experiment." Live they only played one or two tracks from that album. Opeth's worst are their last three by a long shot, and that's where they drew most of their material from. If you didn't notice, their songwriter changed for those albums. Having Mikael whine about how fans didn't like their flaccid attempt to create a '70s prog album just made the whole thing come across as lame. There was even a dude tripping on acid next to me, and he kept asking me when they were going to start playing their material that wasn't written by Mikael...

Baroness however doesn't "experiment" and are just plain dull on all fronts. I listen to plenty of non-metal music so maybe that's why attempts at 'experimentation' don't "wow" me. 

I guess since I am a Steven Wilson fan, I liked his influence.
mattbbpl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#54 mattbbpl
Member since 2006 • 23053 Posts
I worked a Ciara concert back in college. Not only was she awful, but she was only on stage for 20 minutes.
kljohns2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#55 kljohns2
Member since 2006 • 462 Posts

[QUOTE="Saturos3091"]

[QUOTE="dramaybaz"] See I like bands that experiment and change their sounds, rather than sticking to one formula. Damnation is probably my favourite album from them, I guess some people didn't like it because it wasn't BR00TALZZZZ.dramaybaz

You're making an assumption there. Change can obviously be good or bad. Damnation was a fine little "experiment." Live they only played one or two tracks from that album. Opeth's worst are their last three by a long shot, and that's where they drew most of their material from. If you didn't notice, their songwriter changed for those albums. Having Mikael whine about how fans didn't like their flaccid attempt to create a '70s prog album just made the whole thing come across as lame. There was even a dude tripping on acid next to me, and he kept asking me when they were going to start playing their material that wasn't written by Mikael...

Baroness however doesn't "experiment" and are just plain dull on all fronts. I listen to plenty of non-metal music so maybe that's why attempts at 'experimentation' don't "wow" me.

I guess since I am a Steven Wilson fan, I liked his influence.

Any fan of Steven Wilson is ok in my book! :D

pianist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56 pianist
Member since 2003 • 18900 Posts

In my undergrad I studied composition amongst other things.  Part of it required attendance of avant garde "art music" recitals.  I remember one vividly as perhaps the most tedious experience of my life.  It was an all Morton Feldman piano recital.  Two hours of this kind of nonsense.  There were 5 people in attendance at the start of the recital.  By the end, only myself and one other person remained.  I'm a survivor, but I didn't get a T-shirt for it.

the_bi99man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#57 the_bi99man
Member since 2004 • 11465 Posts

[QUOTE="iwilson1296"]

[QUOTE="helwa1988"]

Avril Lavigne. 2003. Waste of money.Haven't been a fan since then.

helwa1988

what was so bad about it? i was never a fan but am curious

She sounds horrible live. i was shocked to how awful she was.

It's modern pop music. I guarantee you every single recorded song she's ever done is drenched in Auto-Tune. Same with literally 95+% of anything that's been played on a mainstream radio station in the last 15 years.

the_bi99man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#58 the_bi99man
Member since 2004 • 11465 Posts

Angels and Airwaves. He can't sing and I don't think their music does well live.SolidSnake35

dude. yeah. It's amazing how Tom Delonge has made a successful career out of playing guitar and singing for like 20 years now, yet he can't sing or play guitar. I saw Blink 182 last year, and he was so bad it passed the point of being funny, and just go into the realm of sad and pathetic. The dude is straight up tone-deaf. Every single vocal track on the AvA albums are 100% auto-tune. Blink was still a good show though, because Mark actually  can  sing, and he's good at his instrument (obviously not virtuoso-status, but more than competent enough to play their music), and then there's Travis, who's pretty much a beast. It was a very good idea on their part to let Travis have little 40 second drum solos after every 2 or 3 songs.Â