The worst concert you have ever been to

• 58 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Shenmue_Jehuty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 0

#1 Shenmue_Jehuty
Member since 2007 • 5211 Posts

For me it would be a Pixies concert back in 2009. The band was bland, the audiance was full of dumbass kids (all ages show), and they probably had the worst playlist they probably could have played. I actually do not like the Pixies anymore after that concert. What is your worst concert?

EagleEyedOne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 EagleEyedOne
Member since 2013 • 1676 Posts

Wango-Tango at the Rose Bowl Stadium.

Avatar image for WolfattheDoor34
WolfattheDoor34

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 WolfattheDoor34
Member since 2006 • 3278 Posts
I don't remember the band if you don't like the Pixies' studio music after that concert then you're an idiot
JML897

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 JML897
Member since 2004 • 33134 Posts

Saw Cee Lo at a festival. He was godawful.

>He acted like he didn't want to be there
>Voice sounded terrible
>Set of mostly covers, barely any of his own stuff
>Sat down for a couple songs because he's a fatass and it was hot outside
>Left the stage once or twice at random times because ???
>He had to restart songs over and over again because his band consisted solely of hot chicks who clearly didn't really understand what they were doing

Haven't listened to him since because it left a really bad taste in my mouth. If a band's just bad live I'm usually willing to give them a pass...but if a performer shows open contempt for a crowd and doesn't even try to put on a good performance then f*ck 'em

Avatar image for WolfattheDoor34
WolfattheDoor34

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 WolfattheDoor34
Member since 2006 • 3278 Posts
Mark Kozelek is supposedly a complete asshole live and I just couldn't care less I'd love to see him
Shenmue_Jehuty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Shenmue_Jehuty
Member since 2007 • 5211 Posts

I don't remember the band if you don't like the Pixies' studio music after that concert then you're an idiotWolfattheDoor34

It was the most lazy, half assed show I have ever been to. The band seemed to be putting in minumum effort the whole show and totally did not care that people paid $50 per ticket to see them. Yeah, I do not like them anymore because of their disrespect to the fans that attended that show, including their studio albums. I do not support bands that piss on their fans.

MacBoomStick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 MacBoomStick
Member since 2011 • 1822 Posts

I haven't really been to a bad concert but my least favorite was Def Leppard and Journey. That was kind of dumb.

Avatar image for BenedictArnold7
BenedictArnold7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 BenedictArnold7
Member since 2012 • 743 Posts
How could you not like a band anymore after one bad performance? Some fan you are... The worst concert I've ever been to was a Bob Dylan concert in 2008. His voice is completely shot and it was just sad to see him so old and tired. I am nonetheless still a fan... what he did was extraordinary. People age... their passions fade... the weight of the world crushes everyone eventually.
Branmuffin316

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#9 Branmuffin316
Member since 2009 • 1208 Posts

Steven Tyler wasn't exceptional when I saw Aerosmith but they played well otherwise. I haven't been to any concerts that I left disappointed.

Saturos3091

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#10 Saturos3091
Member since 2005 • 14937 Posts

Either Baroness or Opeth, can't really decide. Both were absolutely boring live, but the latter was insulting to longtime fans when Mikael basically told anyone who didn't like the new album to piss off.

I've seen worse bands live, but I didn't pay to see them. 

OrkHammer007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#11 OrkHammer007
Member since 2006 • 4753 Posts

My wife dragged me to see Def Leppard on their Hysteria anniversary tour. Aside from the fact that they really aren't very good, Joe Elliot's voice was awful. He could barely sing.

A close second was a Blitzspear/Motorpsycho club date back in '93. There were 10 people in the crowd, and all but 4 of us were in the bands. Pathetic show.

Blueresident87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

User Lists: 8

#12 Blueresident87
Member since 2007 • 5905 Posts

Reliant K. The whole thing sucked. I left early, only concert I've done that at.

munkeypoo45

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#13 munkeypoo45
Member since 2008 • 3221 Posts

none really. well some local upstart bands that i saw when going to a friends concert were pretty bad, but any famous concerts ive been to havent been terrible

quadraleap

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 quadraleap
Member since 2004 • 36581 Posts
My adult concert years were from 87 to 1999 and I don't remember much. There were many bad ones but there was always something to amplify the situation and seeing a bad band was better than other options. Im sure there plenty of performances my mother brought to me in younger years, but of the most part I appreciate the exposure and the majority of those were quality. Its all good.
ad1x2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 ad1x2
Member since 2005 • 8430 Posts
Black Eyed Peas in 2009 when they came to Raleigh. Although they were also the best concert I ever been to as well. Figure that one out.
hippiesanta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 hippiesanta
Member since 2005 • 10301 Posts
Incubus... because someone drag me into it ..... because people bring their girlfriends who always complaining about how they can't stand the huge crowd and the loud noise.... I'm more to punk and metal gigs .... even small venue makes me happy .... as long there's no crappy whinning girlfriends in it
Shmiity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 26

#17 Shmiity
Member since 2006 • 6625 Posts

Probably Interpol. It was boring. 75 minutes of mood and gloom and slow music didn't cut it for me. Every famous band I'v seen has been good, but that was my least favorite.

From playing in Boston clubs for awhile, Ive seen lots of bad bands. But do local acts even count?

Evil_Saluki

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

#18 Evil_Saluki
Member since 2008 • 5217 Posts

Red Hot Chili Peppers which was suppose to be the closing main event band on a V festifal years back. I was never a followerer of them and V festival itself wasn't my thing, I just ended up there somehow (Download over V fest anyday). Anyway... Red Hot Chilli Peppers are boring, no other word for it, it felt strained listening to them, they trtied to break the bordom but they had nothing witty to say and couldn't rile the depleting crowd with their little games and random gimmiks of whatever came to mind. People were quickly finding something else to do. After a while the band swiched to a state of "let's get this over with". I don't know if they did an encore I was gone.

I agree with many people that they are one of the most over rated bands which shouldn't be as big as they are.

the_bi99man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#19 the_bi99man
Member since 2004 • 11465 Posts

Black Eyed Peas in 2009 when they came to Raleigh. Although they were also the best concert I ever been to as well. Figure that one out.ad1x2

So it was the  only  concert you've ever been to? I'm sorry.

@topic: I don't think I've every been a concert without having a good time. I've picked them well. Seen Tool, The Red Hot Chili Peppers (on the Stadium Arcadium tour, before Fruciante left), Sublime with Rome, Cake, Blink-182, and a few others. If I had to pick a bad one, I'd say Megadeth. Not really a super huge Megadeth fan to begin with and, although they played well, Dave Mustaine was just spewing doucheyness all over the place between songs. The man really is a wretched pile of shit. A band made up of several of my friends opened for them, and go to hang out backstage with them before the show. Every single one of them agreed that the rest of band was some pretty cool guys, but Dave Mustaine was an insufferable shitbag, who made everyone want to kick him the balls within 10 seconds of meeting him.

the_bi99man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 the_bi99man

Red Hot Chili Peppers which was suppose to be the closing main event band on a V festifal years back. I was never a followerer of them and V festival itself wasn't my thing, I just ended up there somehow (Download over V fest anyday). Anyway... Red Hot Chilli Peppers are boring, no other word for it, it felt strained listening to them, they trtied to break the bordom but they had nothing witty to say and couldn't rile the depleting crowd with their little games and random gimmiks of whatever came to mind. People were quickly finding something else to do. After a while the band swiched to a state of "let's get this over with". I don't know if they did an encore I was gone.

I agree with many people that they are one of the most over rated bands which shouldn't be as big as they are.

Evil_Saluki

How long ago was that? If it was since John Fruciante left the band, I'd have to agree. Their new guitarist is mediocre at best, and they sound like an unenthusiastic bar band covering themselves, when they play with him. Fruciante, on the other hand, is a God, and the whole band was alive with passion when he was leading them.

Evil_Saluki

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

#21 Evil_Saluki
Member since 2008 • 5217 Posts

Looking into it, it was V 2002. Another reason people were dissapointed they had just released the new album "by the way" so people were expecting stuff from it, but we got the old scar tissue classics and the other big hits. It wasn't what peoiple wanted at the time as they made quite a comeback with the new album, people wanted to hear it live.

konvikt_17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 konvikt_17
Member since 2008 • 22378 Posts

Ive not been to a concert:(

would love to see Hollywood Undead though.

the_bi99man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 the_bi99man

Looking into it, it was V 2002. Another reason people were dissapointed they had just released the new album "by the way" so people were expecting stuff from it, but we got the old scar tissue classics and the other big hits. It wasn't what peoiple wanted at the time as they made quite a comeback with the new album, people wanted to hear it live.

Evil_Saluki

Hmm. That's too bad. Must have been a pretty rare miss, for those days, to have been a bad show. Their DVD, "Live at Slane Castle" was from around that time, and  that  show is legendary.

applesxc47

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 applesxc47
Member since 2008 • 10761 Posts

I've loved all the concerts I've been to, but my least favourite was Swans. Nevertheless, the night was cool as shit.

AmazonTreeBoa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 AmazonTreeBoa
Member since 2011 • 16745 Posts
Three Six Mafia. First and last rap concert I ever go to. They were over two hours late and when they did show. They sung one song and they I went to the restroom as they started the second song. As I was coming out, everybody was leaving. I stood there for a second thinking maybe there was a shooting and I just didn't hear the shots. So I asked somebody and they said the show was just over. Two damn songs after being two hours late. Never again will I waste my money to go to a rap concert ever again. I will stick to going to rock concerts where it is actually worth the price of entry. So all other rappers can blame three six mafia for never seeing my money at their concerts.
MudoSkills

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 MudoSkills
Member since 2012 • 362 Posts

Went to day festival that Arcade Fire were headlining at Hyde Park a few years ago, crowd was terrible (fights breaking out, people throwing cups of piss) to the point where i couldn't really enjoy the music.

I've never had a bad experience with the band playing, just with crowds.

JML897

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 JML897
Three Six Mafia. First and last rap concert I ever go to. They were over two hours late and when they did show. They sung one song and they I went to the restroom as they started the second song. As I was coming out, everybody was leaving. I stood there for a second thinking maybe there was a shooting and I just didn't hear the shots. So I asked somebody and they said the show was just over. Two damn songs after being two hours late. Never again will I waste my money to go to a rap concert ever again. I will stick to going to rock concerts where it is actually worth the price of entry. So all other rappers can blame three six mafia for never seeing my money at their concerts.AmazonTreeBoa
wtf? Who waits for a band for 2+ hours and then decides to go to the bathroom immediately after that artist's set starts?
AmazonTreeBoa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 AmazonTreeBoa
Member since 2011 • 16745 Posts
[QUOTE="AmazonTreeBoa"]Three Six Mafia. First and last rap concert I ever go to. They were over two hours late and when they did show. They sung one song and they I went to the restroom as they started the second song. As I was coming out, everybody was leaving. I stood there for a second thinking maybe there was a shooting and I just didn't hear the shots. So I asked somebody and they said the show was just over. Two damn songs after being two hours late. Never again will I waste my money to go to a rap concert ever again. I will stick to going to rock concerts where it is actually worth the price of entry. So all other rappers can blame three six mafia for never seeing my money at their concerts.JML897
wtf? Who waits for a band for 2+ hours and then decides to go to the bathroom immediately after that artist's set starts?

They had opening acts that kept coming out and one of those acts was four hot girls, so it's not like I was completely bored while waiting. As for me taking a piss. Your bladder doesn't sit around and wait for it to be convenient for you. When you got to go, you got to go.
Avatar image for chessmaster1989
chessmaster1989

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#29 chessmaster1989
Member since 2008 • 30203 Posts
Megadeth, not because of the music/performance but because it was so crowded you literally could not move around.
Murderstyle75

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 Murderstyle75
Member since 2011 • 4412 Posts
Megadeth, not because of the music/performance but because it was so crowded you literally could not move around.chessmaster1989
I saw Megadeth, Pantara and White Zombie play together back in the day. It was an outdoor concert and by the time Megadeth went on stage, the entire place turned into a massive sod fight. I don't think there was hardly any grass left after the show was over.
nooblet69

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#31 nooblet69
Member since 2004 • 5162 Posts

Haven't been to many concerts but I didn't dislike the ones I did go to. My favorite was Furthur ( Grateful dead Band without Jerry Garcia) a couple years ago. I have been to quite a few Heavy metal concerts but enjoyed most of the bands playing them.

Pirate700

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 Pirate700
Member since 2008 • 46465 Posts

Chicago (with the Pixies, Cheap Trick and some others). It was just sad to see one of the all time great groups sound that bad. :(

helwa1988

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 helwa1988
Member since 2007 • 2157 Posts

Avril Lavigne. 2003. Waste of money.Haven't been a fan since then.

Avatar image for deactivated-5ee322a396e26
deactivated-5ee322a396e26

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 deactivated-5ee322a396e26
Member since 2005 • 2510 Posts

helwa1988

what was so bad about it? i was never a fan but am curious

cfstar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#35 cfstar
Member since 2009 • 1979 Posts
I don't remember the name of the band but there was a local concert for a local band, I think they were Garage Rock mixed with hardcore, or something like that The band was pretty annoying, and someone got killed in the concert.
Pirate700

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 Pirate700
Member since 2008 • 46465 Posts

My wife dragged me to see Def Leppard on their Hysteria anniversary tour. Aside from the fact that they really aren't very good, Joe Elliot's voice was awful. He could barely sing.

A close second was a Blitzspear/Motorpsycho club date back in '93. There were 10 people in the crowd, and all but 4 of us were in the bands. Pathetic show.

OrkHammer007

I saw Def Leppard a few years back with Journey and Tom Petty and they were fantastic. Maybe it was an off night or something.

Avatar image for AbstractRadical
AbstractRadical

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 AbstractRadical
Member since 2013 • 632 Posts
To a local metal concert, none of the bands had any potential.
Angie7F

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 Angie7F
Member since 2011 • 1175 Posts

AKB48 in tokyo dome

Murderstyle75

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 Murderstyle75
Also saw Alice in Chains during their 4th from last show ever with Layne Staley. The guy was an absolute prick to the audience and got boo'd the whole time.
MonoSilver

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 MonoSilver
Member since 2013 • 1392 Posts

[QUOTE="WolfattheDoor34"]I don't remember the band if you don't like the Pixies' studio music after that concert then you're an idiotShenmue_Jehuty

It was the most lazy, half assed show I have ever been to. The band seemed to be putting in minumum effort the whole show and totally did not care that people paid $50 per ticket to see them. Yeah, I do not like them anymore because of their disrespect to the fans that attended that show, including their studio albums. I do not support bands that piss on their fans.

It was one show...
JML897

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 JML897

AKB48 in tokyo dome

Angie7F
I'm curious for your reasoning behind this Did somebody else drag you to that show or was it something you were actually looking forward to?
Murderstyle75

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 Murderstyle75
[QUOTE="Shenmue_Jehuty"]

[QUOTE="WolfattheDoor34"]I don't remember the band if you don't like the Pixies' studio music after that concert then you're an idiotMonoSilver

It was one show...

Yep. Maybe they were tired. Touring isn't as easy as people think. It may seem like fun and games but I'm sure all that time out on the road is complete hell, constantly crammed in Tour Busses, Planes and Hotel Rooms only to pick up and move to the next after the show is over. I mean what if you go to a sporting event? Is it disrespectful to the fans if your team under-performs that night?
Avatar image for GeneralMufinMan
GeneralMufinMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#43 GeneralMufinMan
Member since 2013 • 387 Posts

Only been to one, so I guess Great Big Sea, but they were alkso the best :)

kljohns2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 kljohns2
Member since 2006 • 462 Posts

Worst for me was this past Bonnaroo when Bjork took the stage. It's not my type of music but it was pretty awful.

brimmul777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 52

User Lists: 2

#45 brimmul777
Member since 2011 • 6101 Posts

I saw Poison around 20+ years ago at the Montreal Forum.Worst concert I have seen and the all the sh*t music.I only went because my brother had no one else to go with.

dramaybaz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 dramaybaz
Member since 2005 • 6020 Posts

Either Baroness or Opeth, can't really decide. Both were absolutely boring live, but the latter was insulting to longtime fans when Mikael basically told anyone who didn't like the new album to piss off.

I've seen worse bands live, but I didn't pay to see them. 

Saturos3091
See I like bands that experiment and change their sounds, rather than sticking to one formula. Damnation is probably my favourite album from them, I guess some people didn't like it because it wasn't BR00TALZZZZ.
Wolfetan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 Wolfetan
Member since 2010 • 7522 Posts

Saw Cee Lo at a festival. He was godawful.

>He acted like he didn't want to be there
>Voice sounded terrible
>Set of mostly covers, barely any of his own stuff
>Sat down for a couple songs because he's a fatass and it was hot outside
>Left the stage once or twice at random times because ???
>He had to restart songs over and over again because his band consisted solely of hot chicks who clearly didn't really understand what they were doing

Haven't listened to him since because it left a really bad taste in my mouth. If a band's just bad live I'm usually willing to give them a pass...but if a performer shows open contempt for a crowd and doesn't even try to put on a good performance then f*ck 'em

JML897
Well, what did you expect?
Saturos3091

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 Saturos3091
Member since 2005 • 14937 Posts

See I like bands that experiment and change their sounds, rather than sticking to one formula. Damnation is probably my favourite album from them, I guess some people didn't like it because it wasn't BR00TALZZZZ.dramaybaz
You're making an assumption there. Change can obviously be good or bad. Damnation was a fine little "experiment." Live they only played one or two tracks from that album. Opeth's worst are their last three by a long shot, and that's where they drew most of their material from. If you didn't notice, their songwriter changed for those albums. Having Mikael whine about how fans didn't like their flaccid attempt to create a '70s prog album just made the whole thing come across as lame. There was even a dude tripping on acid next to me, and he kept asking me when they were going to start playing their material that wasn't written by Mikael...

Baroness however doesn't "experiment" and are just plain dull on all fronts. I listen to plenty of non-metal music so maybe that's why attempts at 'experimentation' don't "wow" me. 

helwa1988

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 helwa1988
Member since 2007 • 2157 Posts

[QUOTE="helwa1988"]

iwilson1296

what was so bad about it? i was never a fan but am curious

She sounds horrible live. i was shocked to how awful she was.

SolidSnake35

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#50 SolidSnake35
Member since 2005 • 58971 Posts
Angels and Airwaves. He can't sing and I don't think their music does well live.