The Walking Dead S4 Discussion (SPOILERS)

• 146 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

GoogleAndroid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#1  Edited By GoogleAndroid
Member since 2013 • 162 Posts

Season 4 of The Walking Dead premiered tonight. Discuss season 4 here.

Personally, I'm excited. Now that Breaking Bad ended, I don't have anything to watch.

EDIT: I'm changing this to a Season 4 discussion thread.

PhazonBlazer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By PhazonBlazer
Member since 2007 • 12013 Posts

'twas meh.

MacBoomStick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By MacBoomStick
Member since 2011 • 1822 Posts

Episode was 95% filler. Terrible ending to season 3 and a bad start to season 4. They won't go anywhere and will be stuck in the prison for another season. Just read the comics if you want a satisfying ending to the prison saga.

Avatar image for LostProphetFLCL
LostProphetFLCL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 LostProphetFLCL
Member since 2006 • 18526 Posts

Definitely a solid season opener that set the groundwork for **** to go down. Watching Talking Dead right now and from what it sounds like, this season is going to get intense with the next episode! Actually surprised how much they are hinting at on Talking Dead tonight.

GoogleAndroid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 GoogleAndroid

Yeah, the episode was pretty lackluster. However, the end of it had me on the edge of my seat. I hope the season picks up from here. They're basically saying it will on Talking Dead.

Flubbbs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Flubbbs
Member since 2010 • 4968 Posts

wonder if the pigs have something to do with the ending

LostProphetFLCL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By LostProphetFLCL

@Flubbbs said:

It is very possible that they do as...

Patrick died of some random disease that could have possibly been the same thing that killed the pig. Also, if you noticed Patricks eyes were just like the one weird zombie that was hanging on the fence throughout the episode.

I think the people who aren't happy with this opener might be overlooking exactly what they have set up with this episode. They managed to set the scene to where the group is at after the events of season 3 and then set up this new issue that they are going to have to deal with which is something they never have had to deal with before. This new problem could very easily drive them away from the prison VERY quickly.

ninjastar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 ninjastar
Member since 2003 • 9589 Posts

I thought it was a pretty good season opener. I do think the sick pig is the reason. I also called two of the main deaths for the episode early on. Overall solid though. Only thing that bug me was the store scene.

Big_Pecks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#9 Big_Pecks
Member since 2010 • 5973 Posts

@Flubbbs said:

I was thinking Swine Flu the entire time.

I think it was a good opening. It started off slower than last season's opening, but it stripped any positive attitude for life away and had some tense moments. I was thinking that the blair witch was going to be a cannibal because it kind of fit the theme, but she wasn't and I felt like I was left hanging there. The development at the end of the episode was huge though.

Trail_Mix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Trail_Mix
Member since 2011 • 2579 Posts

@LostProphetFLCL said:

@Flubbbs said:

Patrick died of some random disease that could have possibly been the same thing that killed the pig. Also, if you noticed Patricks eyes were just like the one weird zombie that was hanging on the fence throughout the episode.

Yeah, that's exactly what I was thinking.

I thought it was kinda weird how they were focusing on that fence walker with the bloody eyes. I don't remember seeing any other past walkers in previous seasons with the same condition, so I was bit curious as to what the deal was with that certain one. With that ending though, it has me to believe we'll be seeing more of that later on.

Also, with the roof walkers, how the hell did the roof not give way the whole time they were up there until the group was in the store? Seemed a bit too conveniently timed. lol

LostProphetFLCL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 LostProphetFLCL

@Trail_Mix said:

@LostProphetFLCL said:

@Flubbbs said:

Yeah, that's exactly what I was thinking.

I thought it was kinda weird how they were focusing on that fence walker with the bloody eyes. I don't remember seeing any other past walkers in previous seasons with the same condition, so I was bit curious as to what the deal was with that certain one. With that ending though, it has me to believe we'll be seeing more of that later on.

Also, with the roof walkers, how the hell did the roof not give way the whole time they were up there until the group was in the store? Seemed a bit too conveniently timed. lol

Yeah I think this is going to be a major plot point. Not only is there now a walker in the cell block while people are sleeping, but he had some sort of strange illness. He coughed all over that supply of water in the bathroom and the dead pig makes me wonder if it is affecting the animals too which could mean a tainted food supply.

Another interesting note, on The Talking Dead they previewed a scene from the next episode where they showed someone feeding a rat to a fence walkers in the night, We did not get a glimpse of what they looked like unfortunately, so the possibilities of what the meaning of that was is pretty open.

I could see one of the dumb kids feeding the walkers as they were naming them sort of like they were pets or something, or I could even see someone trying to sabotage the prison by either strengthening the walkers by feeding them or maybe even feeding them diseased animals to try and spread illness throughout the camo.

In regards to the roof, the falling shelve in the store attracted the roof walkers to that particular spot that happened to be weakened by water damage. Still a very convenient moment, but those are fairly common in shows and movies.

norm41x

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#12 norm41x
Member since 2011 • 813 Posts

I think it was cool that we were seeing a different part of the characters. Like they got their hope back. Rick and Hershel laughing and joking around, same with Daryl and Carol. The ending of the episode was great though because it shows that hope doesn't last too long in that world.

SolidSnake35

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 3

#13 SolidSnake35
Member since 2005 • 58971 Posts

Too much soppy romance crap again. I don't want to see that old grandma flirting with Daryl or the Asian kid stressing out over his farmer wife. Boring.

CommanderShiro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 CommanderShiro
Member since 2005 • 21746 Posts

I loved the zombies falling through the ceiling. Laughed at how some had their head splat on the floor. Excited to see Sgt. Abraham Ford appear last this season.

GoogleAndroid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By GoogleAndroid

I didn't like the zombies falling through the ceiling scene. It was too fake. And in a show about zombies, that's saying something. I also found Carl to be just as annoying, and he's certainly not getting killed off anytime soon.

CrimsonBrute

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#16 CrimsonBrute  Moderator
Member since 2004 • 25603 Posts
@SolidSnake35 said:

Too much soppy romance crap again. I don't want to see that old grandma flirting with Daryl or the Asian kid stressing out over his farmer wife. Boring.

I totally agree with this. It's too much romance, not enough action.

benleslie5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 557

#17 benleslie5  Moderator
Member since 2006 • 9175 Posts

Felt like the episode kind of dragged in and out but the ending was a surprise

Videodogg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#18 Videodogg
Member since 2002 • 12611 Posts

@SolidSnake35 said:

Are you 8 years old or something? The show is too mature for you son. Go to bed.

GoogleAndroid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 GoogleAndroid

The premiere broke records with 16.1 millions viewers:

http://tvbythenumbers.zap2it.com/2013/10/14/the-walking-dead-season-4-premiere-is-highest-rated-episode-ever-with-16-1-million-viewers-10-4-million-adults-18-49/208857/

That is insane. I can't remember the last time a show had that many viewers.

MacBoomStick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 MacBoomStick
Member since 2011 • 1822 Posts

@googleandroid said:

http://tvbythenumbers.zap2it.com/2013/10/14/the-walking-dead-season-4-premiere-is-highest-rated-episode-ever-with-16-1-million-viewers-10-4-million-adults-18-49/208857/

Lost, NCIS, The Big Bang Theory. The list goes on.

drinkerofjuice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

#21 drinkerofjuice
Member since 2007 • 4567 Posts

@F22_King_Raptor said:
@SolidSnake35 said:

I totally agree with this. It's too much romance, not enough action.

Those scenes took up less than 10 minutes of the episode's runtime. You two are really exaggerating.

Kurushio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 Kurushio
Member since 2004 • 10485 Posts

@MacBoomStick said:

@googleandroid said:

Lost, NCIS, The Big Bang Theory. The list goes on.

That it true, but that is on national broadcast. For a cable channel, those are huge numbers, but it's kinda AMC's bread and butter now.

SolidSnake35

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 3

#23  Edited By SolidSnake35
Member since 2005 • 58971 Posts
@Videodogg said:

@SolidSnake35 said:

Are you 8 years old or something? The show is too mature for you son. Go to bed.

Mature?! The romance in this show is cringe worthy. Nothing to do with maturity. Although I suppose a lack of maturity might permit you to enjoy it. The only good romance in this show was the love triangle at the start.

Avatar image for deactivated-5c8ff6a32bb23
deactivated-5c8ff6a32bb23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#24 deactivated-5c8ff6a32bb23
Member since 2012 • 3185 Posts

Not as awesome as the season 3 opener, but I enjoyed it.

Avatar image for WSGRandomPerson
WSGRandomPerson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#25 WSGRandomPerson
Member since 2007 • 13697 Posts

If I had to rate it, 3/5.

Revixe06

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By Revixe06
Member since 2008 • 1021 Posts

It was a decent first episode. Definitely had a surprise ending. Wish the kid from Everybody Hates Chris would have made it a bit farther than he did. Haha.

johnd13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By johnd13
Member since 2011 • 11125 Posts

Not a bad season opener. I'm sure there are better episodes to come.

LostProphetFLCL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 LostProphetFLCL

@johnd13 said:

The word is that the season gets crazy with the next episode and just gets more insane after that.

johnd13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 johnd13
Member since 2011 • 11125 Posts

@LostProphetFLCL said:

@johnd13 said:

The word is that the season gets crazy with the next episode and just gets more insane after that.

I expect them to leave the prison shortly. Once they're back on the road things are gonna get wild.

LostProphetFLCL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 LostProphetFLCL

@johnd13 said:

@LostProphetFLCL said:

@johnd13 said:

I expect them to leave the prison shortly. Once they're back on the road things are gonna get wild.

**** gonna get epic!

Avatar image for Zombiekiller360
Zombiekiller360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 Zombiekiller360
Member since 2006 • 389 Posts

I thought it was a pretty good opener haha loved the raining walkers scene

Chutebox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 Chutebox
Member since 2007 • 50558 Posts

@LostProphetFLCL: I never made that connection, so thanks! The episode made a lot more sense now haha

leviathan91

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By leviathan91
Member since 2007 • 7763 Posts

There's something about those bloodshot zombies. I didn't really notice in the promos until now.

spike6958

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#34  Edited By spike6958
Member since 2005 • 6701 Posts

Just aired in the UK tonight. Was pretty good, surprising slow for a season premiere but it seemed more about setting up the ground work for the rest of the season.

Also, about the bleeding eye zombies, it has to be something to do with the animals, perhaps the virus has mutated in such a way that it now also affects animals, not just people, so when people eat said animal they are increasing the risk of the virus taking over. I also thought that the water may have had something to do with it, after Patrick had the water going into his eyes before he collapsed, it wouldn't explain why he was feeling ill before then though.

Regardless, it should mean we'll get an exciting opening to the next episode.

Qixote

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#35 Qixote
Member since 2002 • 10843 Posts

I think the opener verified my prediction about where this season is going. Obviously in 4-01, a central theme was food (the pigs, farming, the starved woman leading Rick to "dinner"). Food is running very low, and with the new mysterious disease killing the food, it's about to get worse. So they will begin to contemplate eating other live humans. Yes, I have always suspected this season would have cannibalism as one of its story arches. I'm not saying anyone in Rick's main group will become a cannibal, but they will encounter it. In the comic, they encountered a cannibalistic clan called "the Hunters", so it's only a matter of time before this show goes there. Perhaps that starving woman was a hunter; I think she wanted to eat Rick as much as her walker husband did. Once they encounter it, the main group will spend several episodes contemplating to do it and dealing with the morality of it all (in Walking Dead fashion). If Dale were still alive, he would be saying "if we start eating our own, we would be no different than the walkers!"

Gaming-Planet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#36 Gaming-Planet
Member since 2008 • 21064 Posts

As an episode... meh

As an opener, it was decent. It left us with things that will need to be answered later on in the season.

GoogleAndroid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 GoogleAndroid

This episode is off to a much better start than the first one.

PhazonBlazer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By PhazonBlazer

Tonight's was better than last week's

leviathan91

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By leviathan91
Member since 2007 • 7763 Posts

A tense but predictable beginning with a startling end. It's going good so far.

LostProphetFLCL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 LostProphetFLCL

Can I just say, who ******* called it with the virus?

I guess it helps that I was very recently reading up on the Spanish Flu of 1918 which according to Nicotero himself they used as a major inspiration for what's going on here, lol.

The episode itself was pretty damn awesome. The pig sacrifice scene was pretty damn heart-wrenching and in general I am really liking the direction they are taking this season in. Definitely a nice leap in quality from the disappointing second half of season 3.

Really curious to figure out the mystery traitor in the group.

konvikt_17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 konvikt_17
Member since 2008 • 22378 Posts

i think its the new black guy.

just something about him, i dont trust him. i think maybe he might be working for The Governor.

PhazonBlazer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 PhazonBlazer

@konvikt_17 said:

just something about him, i dont trust him. i think maybe he might be working for The Governor.

Exactly what I was thinking, except the Governor part.

I think he might just be crazy.

HipHopBeats

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#43 HipHopBeats
Member since 2011 • 2850 Posts

I think Rick and Michonne would go good together. Will Darryl ever get with Carol? Lol. The premier was nothing special but I'm sure shit will hit the fan once the Governor pops back up.

Trail_Mix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 Trail_Mix
Member since 2011 • 2579 Posts

I gotta say, besides his occasional smart ass remarks, Carl seems to have really matured.

konvikt_17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By konvikt_17

@PhazonBlazer said:

@konvikt_17 said:

i think theres gotta be more to it than that.

they mentioned that Tyrese found him and vouched for him. iirc. meaning he was out in the wild for a while. he could have easily crossed paths with The Governor.

The Governor, being good at persuading people, talked him into sabotaging the prison, with a promise of a good reward or something.

-

also i want to take note of how he was in the store when he picked up the bottle of wine.

i drew two conclusions from that scene.

1. he is a recovering alcoholic.

2. He has some conflicts within him going on right now. like say sabotaging the prison. he feels troubled and wants to drown away his sorrows, or at least feel numb.

im not in any way trying to prove you wrong at all, just stating my opinion and observations.:)

ultimately, i think he is responsible for the rats and drawing walkers to the prison. But, i also think that he will eventually turn good and rectify his mistakes. he seems to at least have morals, and shows remorse.(judging on the wine scene)

SexyJazzCat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 SexyJazzCat
Member since 2013 • 2796 Posts

@konvikt_17 said:

@PhazonBlazer said:

@konvikt_17 said:

they mentioned that Tyrese found him and vouched for him. iirc. meaning he was out in the wild for a while. he could have easily crossed paths with The Governor.

The Governor, being good at persuading people, talked him into sabotaging the prison, with a promise of a good reward or something.

-

also i want to take note of how he was in the store when he picked up the bottle of wine.

2. He has some conflicts within him going on right now. like say sabotaging the prison. he feels troubled and wants to drown away his sorrows, or at least feel numb.

im not in any way trying to prove you wrong at all, just stating my opinion and observations.:)

ultimately, i think he is responsible for the rats and drawing walkers to the prison. But, i also think that he will eventually turn good and rectify his mistakes. he seems to at least have morals, and shows remorse.(judging on the wine scene)

Correct me if im wrong but wasn't the prison getting sabotaged before the whole ordeal with the governor.

konvikt_17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 konvikt_17

@SexyJazzCat said:

@konvikt_17 said:

@PhazonBlazer said:

@konvikt_17 said:

-

Correct me if im wrong but wasn't the prison getting sabotaged before the whole ordeal with the governor.

to some extent yes. there were some prisoners who tried to mess things up.

but im more talking about second half of season 3. where The Governor made it a vendetta to take over the prison.

after his failure to take over the prison, he snapped, killed most everyone and took off.

i am fairly certain he still holds a grudge.

and have heard talk about him showing up in season 4. why else would he show up, than to seek revenge on the prison?

Shottayouth13-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By Shottayouth13-
Member since 2009 • 7018 Posts

@konvikt_17 said:

Well, his character, Bob Stookey, is based off a character in the comics that used to work for the Governor. So I definitely think he's up to something.

SexyJazzCat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By SexyJazzCat
Member since 2013 • 2796 Posts

@konvikt_17 said:

@SexyJazzCat said:

@konvikt_17 said:

@PhazonBlazer said:

@konvikt_17 said:

-

but im more talking about second half of season 3. where The Governor made it a vendetta to take over the prison.

after his failure to take over the prison, he snapped, killed most everyone and took off.

and have heard talk about him showing up in season 4. why else would he show up, than to seek revenge on the prison?

Prisoners? They never revealed who was sabotaging. And the only prisoners alive were trapped in a room. I suspect it's the same person messing things up. I don't think the governer has anything to do with this, as stuff like this was going on before the conflict with him.

konvikt_17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 konvikt_17

@SexyJazzCat said:

@konvikt_17 said:

@SexyJazzCat said:

@konvikt_17 said:

@PhazonBlazer said:

@konvikt_17 said:

-

Prisoners? They never revealed who was sabotaging. And the only prisoners alive were trapped in a room. I suspect it's the same person messing things up. I don't think the governer has anything to do with this, as stuff like this was going on before the conflict with him.

in season three there was a prisoner(not from tha main group) that tried to mess things up

but he is dead. so all thats really left that would have a vendetta against the orison is The Governor.

it is implied that the group has taken full control over the prison in season 4