The Sopranos Prequel movie trailer is finally here: The Many Saints Of Newark!

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#1  Edited By DaVillain  Moderator
Member since 2014 • 56095 Posts

To be honest, not sure if OT cares about Sopranos now. To tell the truth, I never watch the series when it was new but I finally got around to watching the Sopranos during lockdown last year. Great show, and this looks like a pretty solid follow up. I wonder how much of the final film will actually focus on young Tony, because from press release, it's focusing on other characters around him during the plight of some social crisis from its period.

Edit: R.I.P James Gandolfini

Avatar image for deactivated-63d1ad7651984
deactivated-63d1ad7651984

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#2  Edited By deactivated-63d1ad7651984
Member since 2017 • 10057 Posts

I use to be hooked on the Sopranos at one time great show. But for me I'm not interested in a young Tony storyline TBH I hate coming to age stories it just makes me realize how much I hate life even more.

Hallenbeck77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#3 Hallenbeck77  Moderator
Member since 2005 • 16879 Posts

I don't know who this is made for--most people have either moved on from this series or were burned by the show's final episode. Plus, prequels always comes off as unnecessary. This would probably made for a great episode during it's initial run, but I don't know if it would be worthwhile 2 hour film.

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 86

User Lists: 2

#4 uninspiredcup
Member since 2013 • 58952 Posts

Gotta be honest, rather watch it as a TV show.

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#5 DaVillain  Moderator
Member since 2014 • 56095 Posts

@hallenbeck77 said:

I don't know who this is made for--most people have either moved on from this series or were burned by the show's final episode. Plus, prequels always comes off as unnecessary. This would probably made for a great episode during it's initial run, but I don't know if it would be worthwhile 2 hour film.

I came very late to Sopranos, I heard it was kinda like Game of Thrones everyone was waiting for the next episode back during its hay-day. I haven't heard anyone asking this and as far as prequals goes, I'm always skeptical on prequels...until Better Call Saul came along and proved they can be incredible if done right. This looks okay and the fact this is going to be on HBO Max, I'll give it a watch in the safety of my house.

Avatar image for deactivated-63d1ad7651984
deactivated-63d1ad7651984

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#6 deactivated-63d1ad7651984
Member since 2017 • 10057 Posts

@davillain- said:
@hallenbeck77 said:

I came very late to Sopranos, I heard it was kinda like Game of Thrones everyone was waiting for the next episode back during its hay-day. I haven't heard anyone asking this and as far as prequals goes, I'm always skeptical on prequels...until Better Call Saul came along and proved they can be incredible if done right. This looks okay and the fact this is going to be on HBO Max, I'll give it a watch in the safety of my house.

Better Call Saul is so damn good can't wait until the last season starts.

comp_atkins

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#7 comp_atkins
Member since 2005 • 38677 Posts

feel like at least a decade too late

AcidTango

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 AcidTango
Member since 2013 • 3221 Posts

@hallenbeck77 said:

I kind of feel the same as well. This should of been made right after the show came to an end. Plus it would of been cool to see the original actor who portrayed Tony's dad have a bigger role but instead the character is now portrayed by Jon Bernthal. And what's also sad is the original actor for Tony Soprano's dad recently passed away.

Still I hope the film turns out good.

dave123321

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 dave123321
Member since 2003 • 35553 Posts

Cannot wait!