The most legendary metal band

• 58 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

XxChicagoTedXx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#51 XxChicagoTedXx
Member since 2009 • 407 Posts

Most people I talk to would say Metallica. First, it has metal in the name. Second, they pretty much made the world aware of metal with the black album and enter sandman. Best? Not in my opinion (that goes to Trivium in my book), but definently the most legendary.

MarkyyR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#52 MarkyyR
Member since 2009 • 709 Posts

[QUOTE="The_Bio_Shu"]

Where's the love?

pvtdonut54

I actually don't like Judas Priest that much.

I liked them alot less when I relized that "Hellbent for leather" and "Breaking the law" have pretty much the same chorus, They sound the same. I dont see whats so great about them, Rob is a fantastic singer, There guitarist is pretty good to, Other than that nothing special.

chaplainDMK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#53 chaplainDMK
Member since 2008 • 7004 Posts

Most people I talk to would say Metallica. First, it has metal in the name. Second, they pretty much made the world aware of metal with the black album and enter sandman. Best? Not in my opinion (that goes to Trivium in my book), but definently the most legendary.

XxChicagoTedXx

I doubt metallica realy made the world aware of metal with Black Album, i mean Metal is a huge-o-mongous-gigaflops-large genre that exists since the late 60s and early 70s. In betwen Metallica and the beginning you have bands like Black Sabbath, Iron Maiden, Mötorhead, Judas Priest, hell eaven Mötley Crue and stuff that were huge.

cousin_eddy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#54 cousin_eddy
Member since 2004 • 74681 Posts
Iron Maiden.
Big_Bad_Sad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55 Big_Bad_Sad
Member since 2005 • 18243 Posts
Iron Butterfly.
LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56 LJS9502_basic
Member since 2003 • 178860 Posts

[QUOTE="XxChicagoTedXx"]

chaplainDMK

I doubt metallica realy made the world aware of metal with Black Album, i mean Metal is a huge-o-mongous-gigaflops-large genre that exists since the late 60s and early 70s. In betwen Metallica and the beginning you have bands like Black Sabbath, Iron Maiden, Mötorhead, Judas Priest, hell eaven Mötley Crue and stuff that were huge.

I think most credit should go to Sabbath. Maiden, Motorhead, Priest didn't hurt nor did Metallica. But Sabbath has to be the at the top of the scale. Motley Crue...not so much. Popular doesn't mean they did anything for the genre. Just hit with the mainstream crowd. Good argument until you mentioned Crue.:P
X360PS3AMD05

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#57 X360PS3AMD05
Member since 2005 • 36320 Posts
Iron Maiden son! I saw them on Directv 101 recently in HD on the new 65 8) Setlist wasn't that great but it was still awesome with the 5.1.
ex-mortis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#58 ex-mortis
Member since 2009 • 1599 Posts

Black Sabbath, Celtic Frost, Death, Helstar, Iron Maiden, Testament are a few good picks. I think all of them should be familiar to any fan of metal even if they are not a fan of that specific sub-genre. I think my vote goes to Death however. Easily one of the most respected bands in metal. Also depends what you mean by "legendary". An immortal band obscure to no metalhead or a band people that know zero about music have heard one song from? I guess Black Sabbath, they are currently the most media friendly metal band as far as I know, and while they are legendary I have always just viewed them as a basic kind of band. I enjoy their music a lot but it's not too distinguished from other NWOBHM bands.