The Last Jedi is up on Netflix

• 170 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

judaspete

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 0

#1 judaspete
Member since 2005 • 7270 Posts

I just re-watched TLJ to see if I would enjoy it as much on a second viewing, and if anything, I like it more. Yes, it has flaws, like pacing issues in the first act and some awkward dialogue, but it wouldn't be Star Wars without that if we're being honest.

Anyone else give it another shot now that it's streaming?

sakaiXx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 5

#2 sakaiXx
Member since 2013 • 15914 Posts

Watched it a second time in cinema then, made me hate it more. Dunno if I wanted to watch it again but sure, its on the list maybe will later.

Chutebox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#3 Chutebox
Member since 2007 • 50558 Posts

Such a terrible movie

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 86

User Lists: 2

#4 uninspiredcup  Online
Member since 2013 • 58964 Posts

Not for UK, but at least we have Mr. Bean.

judaspete

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#5 judaspete
Member since 2005 • 7270 Posts

@uninspiredcup said:

Speaking of, is the second Johnny English movie any good? I think it's on Netflix :)

Gaming-Planet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#6  Edited By Gaming-Planet
Member since 2008 • 21064 Posts

They killed whatever potential the previous movie had.

SCP-1471-A

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 SCP-1471-A
Member since 2018 • 14 Posts

I will never watch that pathetic excuse of a Star Wars movie ever again. I hated it the first time and I know for certain I'll hate it even more. There's so much wrong with that film besides pacing issues.

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 86

User Lists: 2

#8 uninspiredcup  Online
Member since 2013 • 58964 Posts
@judaspete said:
@uninspiredcup said:

Speaking of, is the second Johnny English movie any good? I think it's on Netflix :)

Na it sucks.

-

UK Netflix misses alot of US stuff, on the up side it gets alot of Asian movies and crime docs. I think I've watched more Chinese Martial arts movies in the last 2 years than the prior 15.

stuff238

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#9 stuff238
Member since 2012 • 3284 Posts

One of the worst movies of all time.

It is a sad day when the prequels are better than the TLJ.

I am not lying when I say Episodes 1&2 are much better than TLJ.

pcvirginrace

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 pcvirginrace
Member since 2017 • 192 Posts

Will the main female character get married and submit.to a man and get impregnated? Darth Vader got married and had a kid so Jedi are capable.of passing offspring I want to.see.her get feminize.

mrbojangles25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#11  Edited By mrbojangles25
Member since 2005 • 58306 Posts

The first time I saw The Last Jedi, I took it too serious. I didn't like it.

The second time, I didn't take it seriously. I enjoyed it more.

I have to remind myself that the Star Wars films are filled with mediocre acting, iffy writing, and questionable decisions in directing. You don't watch Star Wars for anything artistic or serious, you watch Star Wars for fun, for the fantastical sci-fi experience. Maybe after the acceptable The Force Awakens and the surprisingly great Rogue One (in addition to the Rebels, arguably the best thing to come out of Star Wars ever outside of KOTOR, which is non-canon now...thanks Disney), my expectations were too high.

So with this reframed perspective, I watched the Last Jedi, and I enjoyed it more. A lot more, actually.

With that said, they need to just cut Finn out. All he did was 1.) wake up, 2.) act a fool, 3.) get captured, 4.) escape, 5.) got captured, 6.) escaped, and 7.) finally did an incredibly noble but incredibly stupid suicide run that got a lady almost killed.

There is too much comedic relief in The Last Jedi. Poe is already endearing, and funny; keep him going. The whole scene in the beginning with Poe and Huxley having the "phone call" is just great. Finn is a goofball, but ultimately a loser. I mean we even have C3PO and Leia making goofs. And then Luke tossing the lightsaber and acting all "grumpy old man" on us. It's all too much. And Kylo Ren is not nearly tragic enough to be a worthy bad guy when stacked up to Darth Vader, Darth Maul, Asajj Ventress, and other dark-side villains.

I was hoping for Empire Strikes Back, what I got was a half-assed Return of the Jedi.

@stuff238 said:

I was tempted to say "woh woh woh, don't say things you can't take back" but...you might be right.

The story of Anakin, Pod Races, and Darth Maul are all greater than whatever the hell went on in TLJ haha.

As the story of Star Wars marches on, history is being kinder and kinder to Episodes 1 and 2 haha.

SolidSnake35

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 3

#12 SolidSnake35
Member since 2005 • 58971 Posts

My favourite part is when the chubby girl almost kills Mace Windu as he's' flying into the cannon.

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 DaVillain  Moderator
Member since 2014 • 56104 Posts

I only saw The Last Jedi in Theaters back in December 2017 and I had mix feelings afterwards, never was gonna buy the Blu-Ray for that matter. When I heard it was coming to Netflix, I watch it 2 times and all I can is, TLJ isn't as bad but it does have too many bad writings. Rian Johnson vision sure didn't meet fans expectations and I had to re-watch The Force Awakens and I can say I like JJ Abram Star Wars vision a hell lot better then what Rian Johnson brought to the table. Even Mark Hamill wasn't too please how they handle Luke in this film at all!

Overall, I watch it 2 times now, it isn't the worst Star Wars movie, just bad writing all together.

MrGeezer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 MrGeezer
Member since 2002 • 59765 Posts

@stuff238 said:

When I think of "worst movies of all time", I think of things like "Mac and Me", "Garbage Pail Kids, and "The Room." What exactly makes you think this movie falls into THAT level of awfulness?

VFighter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 VFighter
Member since 2016 • 11031 Posts

@stuff238: One of the worst of all time, prequels are better bwahahahahahaha! Thanks for the laugh it was much needed. Its dumbass opinions like yours that is giving all star wars fans a horrible reputation and bad name. I hate the prequels (as most do and should) but if I said they were the worst of all time that would be incredibly stupid, you might want to learn what a worst of all time movie actually is before spouti,g off such bs.

Avatar image for blackhairedhero
Blackhairedhero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 Blackhairedhero
Member since 2018 • 3231 Posts

The movie that made me officially call quits on Star Wars.

Blackhairedhero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Blackhairedhero

@vfighter: Did you just attack that dude for his opinion? The movie sucked and although it may be a stretch to call it the worst movie of all time it is in my opinion the worst Star Wars movie.

The fact it scored as high on metacritic as it did shows how utterly ridiculous mainstream critics have become. Im sorry but progessive bullshit took center stage at the expense of making a good movie. If you can't see that then you are a drone.

R4gn4r0k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#18 R4gn4r0k
Member since 2004 • 46292 Posts

I watched and enjoyed it two times. Once in cinema, once at home. It's a solid movie, not terrible, not great. Overall I would rate them:

Original Trilogy > Jar Jar Binks Trilogy > Disney Trilogy

SolidSnake35

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 3

#19 SolidSnake35
Member since 2005 • 58971 Posts

I heard the original trilogy is bad because the explosions are weak. The guy was 12 so I trusted him.

R4gn4r0k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#20 R4gn4r0k
Member since 2004 • 46292 Posts
@SolidSnake35 said:

I heard the original trilogy is bad because the explosions are weak. The guy was 12 so I trusted him.

I'm sure Lucas can add some CGI explosions in post.

Jacanuk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 42

#21 Jacanuk
Member since 2011 • 20281 Posts

@judaspete said:

I just re-watched TLJ to see if I would enjoy it as much on a second viewing, and if anything, I like it more. Yes, it has flaws, like pacing issues in the first act and some awkward dialogue, but it wouldn't be Star Wars without that if we're being honest.

May give it a shot when I have time and I feel the need to see a boring movie.

MrGeezer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 MrGeezer

@blackhairedhero said:

@vfighter: Did you just attack that dude for his opinion? The movie sucked and although it may be a stretch to call it the worst movie of all time it is in my opinion the worst Star Wars movie.

The fact it scored as high on metacritic as it did shows how utterly ridiculous mainstream critics have become. Im sorry but progessive bullshit took center stage at the expense of making a good movie. If you can't see that then you are a drone.

Haha, the "it's a conspiracy" thing. Yeah, all the critics who gave the movie good reviews actually thought it was bad but were just conspiring together to make it critically successful because of *reasons*.

Or, maybe they thought it was at least pretty good for reasons beyond "progressive bullshit." Which do you think is more likely? All those reviewers knowingly throwing their credibility out of the window, or them thinking that maybe the movie just plain wasn't that bad?

A few people here say that they liked the movie and thought it was pretty good. Why don't you accuse THEM of saying that they like the movie just because it has "progressive bullshit". It's easy to accuse the critics of that because lord knows they have better things to do than respond to that stuff. But the people posting in this thread might respond. Tell them that they are only pretending to like it because of the "progressive bullshit" agenda, and see what they say.

Having said that, yeah...vfighter was a little bit too hostile with his remark. Like, this stuff isn't THAT serious, he could stand to chill out.

Blackhairedhero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 Blackhairedhero

@MrGeezer: Oh i don't think professional critics are "PRETENDING" to like it. I think they see things that favor their politics and generally do enjoy it and i also feel they fear giving "progressive" movies bad reviews. Some critics specifically mentioned how empowering it was for Rey to be in the lead in Star Wars. Thats fine but are we going to mention the fact that we have gone through two movies and have no explanation to why shes absolutely unstoppable? Hell, she goes to get trained by Luke and beats Luke day one without him even training her and now we have no villian that can even challenge her. But it's ok im sure she is some gifted decendant from Darth Vader and thats why shes so unstoppable right...... NOPE! Shes just that bad ass because shes a female Jedi. No suspence, no sense of danger and rooting for her feels like rooting for the Patriots to go to the Superbowel or rooting for the Golden State warriors to win a championship.

You think im crazy about critics? Look at Black Panther. Was it bad? No... but was it the best superhero movie of all time?? Lmao "Hell No". Unless you were just so pleased by its message you thought that elevated it past every superhero ever made and unless you are far left of center thats not going to happen.

This is the biggest problem we have in movies and now video games. You get anywhere from 50 to 100 critics that rate these things that tend to be extremely liberal. They talk these movies up like they are these shining beacons of art and the director and producers know no different because they have been surrounded in this echo chamber. But when the movie comes out and it gets criticized and ripped apart by the ordinary person they shouldn't be surprised.

sakaiXx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#24 sakaiXx
Member since 2013 • 15914 Posts

@blackhairedhero said:

Same for me. Going in hyped, returned deflated.. Had to rewatch it again to confirm my opinion on it, hate it even more.

Loved the cinematography and art tho. Holdo lightspeed ram part although very pretty, I still cannot accept it. Rogue One as reference, they could have easily ram those planet shield generators instead of sending the rebel fleet in suicide mission to get the death star plan. Or even during clone wars, just ram the trade federation ships. The republic has many ships in disposal to do the job. Totally broke my views of previous star wars films, hard to look at the movies the same again.

Sorry for the rant. The movie breaks my childhood nostalgia heart. Anyhow, may watch the movie again.

MrGeezer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 MrGeezer

@blackhairedhero said:

@MrGeezer: Oh i don't think professional critics are "PRETENDING" to like it. I think they see things that favor their politics and generally do enjoy it and i also feel they fear giving "progressive" movies bad reviews. Some critics specifically mentioned how empowering it was for Rey to be in the lead in Star Wars. Thats fine but are we going to mention the fact that we have gone through two movies and have no explanation to why shes absolutely unstoppable? Hell, she goes to get trained by Luke and beats Luke day one without him even training her and now we have no villian that can even challenge her. But it's ok im sure she is some gifted decendant from Darth Vader and thats why shes so unstoppable right...... NOPE! Shes just that bad ass because shes a female Jedi. No suspence, no sense of danger and rooting for her feels like rooting for the Patriots to go to the Superbowel or rooting for the Golden State warriors to win a championship.

You think im crazy about critics? Look at Black Panther. Was it bad? No... but was it the best superhero movie of all time?? Lmao "Hell No". Unless you were just so pleased by its message you thought that elevated it past every superhero ever made and unless you are far left of center thats not going to happen.

This is the biggest problem we have in movies and now video games. You get anywhere from 50 to 100 critics that rate these things that tend to be extremely liberal. They talk these movies up like they are these shining beacons of art and the director and producers know no different because they have been surrounded in this echo chamber. But when the movie comes out and it gets criticized and ripped apart by the ordinary person they shouldn't be surprised.

Have you ever read a review? See, in a review, people give reasons for why they do or do not like a movie or a game/etc. Point being, they GIVE REASONS.

So...are you saying that all of these reviewers who genuinely liked The Last Jedi somehow all managed to write entire reviews without mentioning anything other than "OMG, so progressive?"

And that's the point. They're OBVIOUSLY giving other reasons for why they like the movie, and you're obviously IGNORING those reasons. Again, try telling the people HERE who liked the movie how they only like it for the progressiveness. Then when they tell you that they like the acting or the cinematography or the pacing, I'd like to see you say to them directly, "no, you didn't like it for those reasons, you only liked it for the 'progressive' agenda."

Black Panther? Out of all the critics who gave that movie a good review, can you tell me exactly how many, and which ones said that it was the best superhero movie of all time? Even if some did, it's pure speculation that the reason they said so is because of its politics or agenda unless they said that's the reason. But more likely is that the vast majority of critics who liked the movie never said it was the best superhero movie of all time anyway, since most critics don't usually make such definitive statements (let alone for a movie that just got released). Exactly HOW MANY critics provided no justification for their positive reviews other than the "progressive agenda"? Exactly HOW MANY critics said that Black Panther was the best superhero movie ever released? I await your evidence. These reviews are available for the general public to see, so it should be very easy for you to come up with such evidence if it's actually out there.

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 DaVillain  Moderator
Member since 2014 • 56104 Posts

@blackhairedhero said:

I'm still gonna go see Episode 9 since it's the last Star Wars movie of the new trilogy, but I ain't hype about it at all now. I wasn't even hype for Solo but I went and see it anyways. At this point, I'm just gonna watch Eposide 9 and retire from Star Wars for good.

TryIt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 TryIt
Member since 2017 • 13157 Posts
@judaspete said:

Is it better than Rouge One? because that was awful

IronBrigador

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By IronBrigador
Member since 2018 • 113 Posts

Movie is shit and killed off the fanbase, whatever excitement and intrigue that TFA may have had that Star Wars fans generally got so excited about were simply killed off or rubbished because Rian thought it was funny and that he was being smart. Han already dead so theres that, LUKE DIED?!?!!, Finn's potential utterly wasted as space janitor, Rey's "mysterious past" just don't exist and they brought some new chars no one gives a shit about and just don't relate. ACKBAR DIED OFF SCREEN. W T F. ACKBAR!??! ANd oh God, they couldnt figure out a better way to show Leia's Force ability but in the most cringiest and embarrassing way. Snoke died like a cheap extra but OH WELL, AT LEAST WE HAVE A BUDGET DARTH VADER IN PERPETUAL TEEN ANGRY MODE.

There's no one to like or root for in Star Wars now. They are massively banking on Mary Sue Rey but shes just not that likeable or as relatable as Luke, its that simple. And finn is now in some forced romance with a mail asian bride(racist? shut up i'm asian) that came out of nowhere. Maybe Poe Dameron but hes just some side pilot jockey, people arent anticipating Episode 9 because they couldnt wait to see what happens to Poe, dammit.

Solo bombed because the fanbase got so annoyed by TLJ they boycotted it on a large scale. Which is a pity because SOLO WAS ACTUALLY A DECENT SW MOVIE.

TryIt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 TryIt
@ironbrigador said:

Movie is shit and killed off the fanbase, whatever excitement and intrigue that TFA may have had that Star Wars fans generally got so excited about were simply killed off or rubbished because Rian thought it was funny and that he was being smart. Han already dead so theres that, LUKE DIED?!?!!, Finn's potential utterly wasted as space janitor, Rey's "mysterious past" just don't exist and they brought some new chars no one gives a shit about and just don't relate. ACKBAR DIED OFF SCREEN. W T F. ACKBAR!??! ANd oh God, they couldnt figure out a better way to show Leia's Force ability but in the most cringiest and embarrassing way. Snoke died like a cheap extra but OH WELL, AT LEAST WE HAVE A BUDGET DARTH VADER IN PERPETUAL TEEN ANGRY MODE.

There's no one to like or root for in Star Wars now. They are massively banking on Mary Sue Rey but shes just not that likeable or as relatable as Luke, its that simple. And finn is now in some forced romance with a mail asian bride(racist? shut up i'm asian) that came out of nowhere. Maybe Poe Dameron but hes just some side pilot jockey, people arent anticipating Episode 9 because they couldnt wait to see what happens to Poe, dammit.

Solo bombed because the fanbase got so annoyed by TLJ they boycotted it on a large scale. Which is a pity because SOLO WAS ACTUALLY A DECENT SW MOVIE.

ok now I want to see it.

didnt see a single word about 'endless action' so this sounds like its likely just a veiled rant about political something or other

Blackhairedhero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By Blackhairedhero

@MrGeezer: Um yes i read the reviews. When they talk about how likeable the characters are or how strong the chemistry is. What they fail to mention is why it was better then other movies. Ive seen the movies myself and no the acting was nothing special. When they talk about how beautiful the Carrie Fisher scene was( her floating through space) when in fact most people thought it was just a lame plot hole. Its like they lose the ability to objectively rate something. And yes many reviews mention all the people of color as a strong point or how empowering the female leads are.

I need evidence that Black Panther was considered the best superhero movie of all time? Do you live under a rock? Have you heard of Metacritic? It has an 80 metacritic score which is higher then any superhero movie ever. What other proof do you need? The closes movie to it is "The Dark knight" which was Nolans second Batman movie.

TryIt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 TryIt
@blackhairedhero said:

@MrGeezer: Um yes i read the reviews. When they talk about how likeable the characters are or how strong the chemistry is. What they fail to mention is why it was better then other movies. Ive seen the movies myself and no the acting was nothing special. When they talk about how beautiful the Carrie Fisher scene was( her floating through space) when in fact most people thought it was just a lame plot hole. Its like they lose the ability to objectively rate something. And yes many reviews mention all the people of color as a strong point or how empowering the female leads are.

I need evidence that Black Panther was considered the best superhero movie of all time? Do you live under a rock? Have you heard of Metacritic? It has an 80 metacritic score which is higher then any superhero movie ever. What other proof do you need? The closes movie to it is "The Dark knight" which was Nolans second Batman movie.

oh I am ABSOLUTELY going to see it now.

I havent really been impressed by any of the Star Wars I have seen since Jar Jar showed up to be honest. (not because of him just saying that is the timeline). I find the movies, shallow and time wasting on action.

But reading your post and another person is sounds like the movie might have some more depth and perhaps even a political side, so I am going to watch it now

Chutebox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By Chutebox
Member since 2007 • 50558 Posts

Black panther is no way in hell the best super hero movie. Good, sure.

Blackhairedhero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By Blackhairedhero

@tryit: Oh someone like you will love it. A non Star Wars fan who loves progessive pandering. It was made for you.

TryIt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 TryIt
@blackhairedhero said:

@tryit: Oh someone like you will love it. A non Star Wars fan who loves progessive pandering. It was made for you.

perfect thanks!

at least its not fan pandering because Star Wars in general is really shallow on substance. except for the first 3

Blackhairedhero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By Blackhairedhero

@tryit: Ohh its still very shallow. But hopefully it will hit all your progressive checkboxes.

TryIt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By TryIt
@blackhairedhero said:

@tryit: Ohh its still very shallow. But hopefully it will hit all your progressive checkboxes.

well its good to see that they are not pandering to fans and trying to widen their audience base.

I like film with interesting plots, not sure if this would have that but at least its not mindless action like so many movies are

Blackhairedhero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By Blackhairedhero

@tryit: Its still pretty mindless..

However it doesn't appear they are growing the audience at a higher rate then they are losing their old fans. So im curious how that will work for them.

TryIt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By TryIt
@blackhairedhero said:

@tryit: Its still pretty mindless..

However it doesn't appear they are growing the audience at a higher rate then they are losing their old fans. So im curious how that will work for them.

really? I should look into those sales figures and see what you mean, maybe I will find that the sales of this movie isnt as good as the sales of the other ones at the same point in time. lets go see

DONE

Attack of the Clones

Revenge of the Sith

Rogue One

this movie came out literally less than a year ago and it has already outsold Attack of the Cline and Revenge of the Sith?

TryIt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 TryIt

@blackhairedhero

do you have any links that can educate me on which political statements the movie is making that people find offensive?

I will look into it on my side in the meantime

Avatar image for deactivated-5c56012aaa167
deactivated-5c56012aaa167

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#40 deactivated-5c56012aaa167
Member since 2016 • 2538 Posts

@Gaming-Planet said:

What potential it had anyway ? the first one was as worse as the second one. Breaking rules of Star Wars world,ruining beloved characters, lack of originality and don't forget MaRey Sue.

TryIt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 TryIt
@dorog1995 said:
@Gaming-Planet said:

What potential it had anyway ? the first one was as worse as the second one. Breaking rules of Star Wars world,ruining beloved characters, lack of originality and don't forget MaRey Sue.

what about MaRey Sue?

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By deactivated-5c56012aaa167

@tryit: The lamest main character that Star Wars ever had.

TryIt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 TryIt
@dorog1995 said:

@tryit: The lamest main character that Star Wars ever had.

how so? I mean that is a tall order there is a lot of very lame characters. like jar jar for example

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 deactivated-5c56012aaa167

@tryit: Jar Jar was made for kids and was inspired by Scooby Doo. He didn't have any big role to the story like Rey.

TryIt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 TryIt
@dorog1995 said:

@tryit: Jar Jar was made for kids and was inspired by Scooby Doo. He didn't have any big role to the story like Rey.

that is not an answer to my question, can you try harder to answer it?

Vaidream45

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 Vaidream45
Member since 2016 • 2116 Posts

Tried it 3 times. Hated it more each time so I had to accept it. Not only is TLJ my lease fav SW film ever it somehow took TFA from my number 3 spot to the number 7 spot since none of it mattered anymore after TLJ crushed all of its setup. Amazing how this really couldn’t have been any worse. Been a star wars fan since the early 90s.

TryIt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 TryIt
@vaidream45 said:

Tried it 3 times. Hated it more each time so I had to accept it. Not only is TLJ my lease fav SW film ever it somehow took TFA from my number 3 spot to the number 7 spot since none of it mattered anymore after TLJ crushed all of its setup. Amazing how this really couldn’t have been any worse. Been a star wars fan since the early 90s.

can you put a finger on what you didnt like about it?

I know that is not an easy question sometimes.

Blackhairedhero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 Blackhairedhero

@tryit: Look at the adjusted for inflation box office. The only Star Wars movie it beat were attack of the clones and revenge of the Sith. The Boycot however happened after TLJ. And Solo did worse then any Star Wars movie in history. So we will see how it effects the last one in the new trilogy.

As far as a link that shows it was offensive? I never said it was offensive just blatant pandering. Go see for yourself and make your own decision its free on Netflix.

TryIt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By TryIt
@blackhairedhero said:

@tryit: Look at the adjusted for inflation box office. The only Star Wars movie it beat were attack of the clones and revenge of the Sith. The Boycot however happened after TLJ. And Solo did worse then any Star Wars movie in history. So we will see how it effects the last one in the new trilogy.

As far as a link that shows it was offensive? I never said it was offensive just blatant pandering. Go see for yourself and make your own decision its free on Netflix.

whats wrong with pandering to issues you agree with?

how can you make a movie without having something in it that is objectively political? I dont think that is even possible

All I was able to find is that releasing some animal that was going to be a racing animal (like the famous Electric Horseman) was the only 'political' statement (political in a traditional sense) but that was from a liberal outlet so I was wondering

or maybe I should just ask 'which poltical issues where brought up in the movie'?

and how is the original star wars not political?

Blackhairedhero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 Blackhairedhero

@tryit: It pushes progressive ideals to the point of ad nausieum. Rey your female lead is an unstoppable Mary Sue with no flaws. There is no hero journey with her because shes already unstoppable. Every male hero in the movie is an incompetent doofus. The problem is this is being put in nearly every game and movie now. You will probably eat this up.