The KISS going on Farewell Tour! If anyone wants to see them in action, now's the time to do so.

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#1 DaVillain  Moderator
Member since 2014 • 56095 Posts

Frontman Paul Stanley said (via Blabbermouth):

"This is gonna be our last tour. It will be the most explosive, biggest show we've ever done. People who love us, come see us. If you've never seen us, this is the time. This will be the show."

KISS added in a statement:

"All that we have built and all that we have conquered over the past four decades could never have happened without the millions of people worldwide who've filled clubs, arenas, and stadiums over those years.

"This will be the ultimate celebration for those who've seen us and the last chance for those who haven't. KISS Army, we're saying goodbye on our final tour with our biggest show yet and we'll go out the same way we came in... unapologetic and unstoppable."

Link: The KISS going on Farewell Tour

All of this was 2 months ago, but since I didn't see anyone mentioning it or if anyone is a KISS fan, it's better late then never. With all that said, I should mention 2 things about this Farewell Tour.

1. Farewell Tours are never actually the end of the band unless the most iconic member dies during the tour or within a few months after the tour.
  2. I saw KISS on their Farewell Tour back in 2000. As soon as we enter the new millennium, I assume this was KISS final stage and now, 18 years later, they're back to doing this again I see.

thehig1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#2 thehig1
Member since 2014 • 7537 Posts

@davillain-: got my tickers booked.for Manchester, one.odnmy favourite bands awesome to see live.

Serraph105

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#3 Serraph105
Member since 2007 • 36040 Posts

I have a friend that saw them on their farewell tour well over 10 years ago as well. That said, they are coming to Indiana (albeit 3 hours away from me) on the last day of August next year so I may go up to see them considering that they know how to put on a hell of a show.

Hallenbeck77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Hallenbeck77  Moderator
Member since 2005 • 16879 Posts

Didn't they have a farewell tour 37 farewell tours ago?

Can't have a farewell tour if they don't freakin' leave. Maybe they'll literally bury Gene Simmons after the final show, perhaps?

pyro1245

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#5 pyro1245
Member since 2003 • 9397 Posts

I saw them about 15 years ago. Fun show.

I don't think it was a farewell tour though.

Jacanuk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 42

#6 Jacanuk
Member since 2011 • 20281 Posts

@davillain-:

Hmm, a bit before my time but their song in GTA was remarkable but not worth the ticket price going to watch them live.

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 DaVillain  Moderator

@thehig1 said:

@davillain-: got my tickers booked.for Manchester, one.odnmy favourite bands awesome to see live.

Nice to know we have some KISS fans among OT :)

@Jacanuk said:

@davillain-:

Hmm, a bit before my time but their song in GTA was remarkable but not worth the ticket price going to watch them live.

For me, back in 2000, I watch them on stage, it was an amazing experience. But in today's standards, not much to brag about.

Jacanuk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Jacanuk

@davillain- said:
@thehig1 said:

@Jacanuk said:

@davillain-:

For me, back in 2000, I watch them on stage, it was an amazing experience. But in today's standards, not much to brag about.

Ya also i am not a live concert kind of person, most artists today have auto-tuned the shit out of their songs so when you hear them live it´s always a bit of a let down since they can´t do as much tuning, Also saw KISS perfom in one of those late night shows and first i thought it was a cover band since they did not sound that good.

thehig1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 thehig1

@Jacanuk: not the type of live performance kiss would thrive in, there a party band really do festivals and big arenas are how they come across best.

Also depends on what they were performing, there material differs quite dramatically in quality, some of it is utter shite, and some is classic rock gold.

thehig1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 thehig1

@davillain- said:
@thehig1 said:

Nice to know we have some KISS fans among OT :

That post suggest the standards have risen since 2000?

I think the opposite had happend, music in general has especially in Rock/Metal genres.

Older Rock and Metal performances like Maiden Rock in Rio, Metallica Live Shit Binge & Purge in Seattle etc.

Jacanuk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Jacanuk

@thehig1 said:

@Jacanuk: not the type of live performance kiss would thrive in, there a party band really do festivals and big arenas are how they come across best.

Also depends on what they were performing, there material differs quite dramatically in quality, some of it is utter shite, and some is classic rock gold.

Ya, true the arena they are in matters a lot , the acustics and all that.

Avatar image for deactivated-5c2e78cbd8d85
deactivated-5c2e78cbd8d85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 deactivated-5c2e78cbd8d85
Member since 2018 • 210 Posts

yeah i'll pass

SUD123456

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 SUD123456
Member since 2007 • 6949 Posts

@davillain- said:
@thehig1 said:

@Jacanuk said:

@davillain-:

I saw them on that tour as well. Thought I was pretty old to be seeing them back then.....and one of the guys I was there with was early 50s at the time which was a bit older than Gene at the time. Now Gene is 69...but hell I might do this just because I can :)

AJStyles

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 AJStyles
Member since 2018 • 1430 Posts

I said Farewell to them in 2000...and 2010 or whatever lol.

Paul Stanley sadly can’t hit those high notes anymore.

He sounded like an Angel in 2000, but 10 years later, he was rough.

I can only imagine how worse he has gotten now.

brimmul777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 52

User Lists: 2

#15 brimmul777
Member since 2011 • 6089 Posts

I'd rather spend my money on strip clubs and hookers. Just not a fan of Kiss,but I know they have legions of fans. Many people will miss Kiss.

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 LJS9502_basic
Member since 2003 • 178844 Posts

Kiss....lol no.

Solaryellow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Solaryellow
Member since 2013 • 7034 Posts

Where to begin. Where to begin.

First, KISS is a tribute band these days. Stanley is losing his voice (backing tracks are being used a lot with KISS these days) and Thayer/Singer are playing the roles of two previous yet important members rather than obtaining an individual character like Vincent and Carr did in the early 80's. Nothing has been mentioned if this "final" tour will include past members like Ace, Kulick, Criss, etc.., and if none of them are involved, it will be the same ole tribute band since 2003 or so and an overpriced concert to be sure! The band has been perpetually touring since Ace/Criss were done in the early 00's. KISS hit its height when I as a young kid and I didn't really listen to them until I became a young teenager when they transitioned into metal although their rock was still played and remembered during the time. The rock phase and metal phase offered decent material up to and including Psycho Circus. Obviously the reunion tour was excellent maybe due to nostalgic colored glasses but the P.C. tour was a good solid performance. The farewell tour was alright and everything coming after was not worth the money.

mrbojangles25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#18 mrbojangles25
Member since 2005 • 58305 Posts

Does anyone enjoy KISS for the music? It's really just the theatrics, right?

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 LJS9502_basic
Member since 2003 • 178844 Posts

@mrbojangles25 said:

Pretty much. Even Simmons said the music wasn't important. He just wanted money so he brought theatrics in. When KISS was active in their early career they tended to appeal to preteen boys.

Solaryellow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 Solaryellow

@mrbojangles25 said:

Music as in vocals or the instrumentals? Guitar-wise the band had a few lead guitarists who could rip. Paul Stanley is just an average player though.

IMO the band had some good ballads and such in the 80's whereas the 70's was just loud, break your ribs who cares about vocals, music.

Listen to the Eric Carr recording of Beth, which blows away his predecessor's version, and tell me you couldn't listen to it for the music.

AFBrat77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#21 AFBrat77
Member since 2004 • 26848 Posts

I should have seen them back in the 70's after the Destroyer album, heard great things about their live show.

jaydan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By jaydan
Member since 2015 • 8414 Posts

@hallenbeck77 said:

Can't have a farewell tour if they don't freakin' leave. Maybe they'll literally bury Gene Simmons after the final show, perhaps?

It's fucking KISS, what do you expect? My relationship with the band over the span of my childhood up to who I am now has been quite indifferent. I have questioned the talent behind this band as whether they're really that good at making music at all, or if the reason of their fame is mostly because of their costuming and stage spectacles that were groundbreaking and controversial for the time.

I'm inclined to believe the latter because their fame has everything to do with their costumes and spectacle so much that when they attempted to ditch their costumes several decades ago, people begged for them to put them back on.

It does not help that Gene Simmons is quite an asshat whenever he makes his public appearance. He is very stern on protecting his intellectual properties behind KISS, and unfortunately a side-effect I've seen as a result is he and his band have become complete sell-outs and pushing merchandise is really the most prominent thing they've managed to do in the later timeline of KISS.

Solaryellow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 Solaryellow

So you didn't spend the coin on the personal Gene Simmons vault (in home)?

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 DaVillain  Moderator

@jaydan said:
@hallenbeck77 said:

It's fucking KISS, what do you expect? My relationship with the band over the span of my childhood up to who I am now has been quite indifferent. I have questioned the talent behind this band as whether they're really that good at making music at all, or if the reason of their fame is mostly because of their costuming and stage spectacles that were groundbreaking and controversial for the time.

I'm inclined to believe the latter because their fame has everything to do with their costumes and spectacle so much that when they attempted to ditch their costumes several decades ago, people begged for them to put them back on.

It does not help that Gene Simmons is quite an asshat whenever he makes his public appearance. He is very stern on protecting his intellectual properties behind KISS, and unfortunately a side-effect I've seen as a result is he and his band have become complete sell-outs and pushing merchandise is really the most prominent thing they've managed to do in the later timeline of KISS.

Even with people who aren't just saying it to sell more tickets (which we all know KISS wouldn't be above), most bands end up coming back later anyway. The majority of the ones who never get back together don't have a Farewell Tour because they can't stand each other. I even read Vinnie Vincent been involved with some BS with KISS.

Avatar image for deactivated-5e171d7dbd091
deactivated-5e171d7dbd091

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 deactivated-5e171d7dbd091
Member since 2018 • 284 Posts

It's time for KISS to do the right thing and make The Elder film a reality!

@SUD123456 said:
@davillain- said:

I saw them on that tour as well. Thought I was pretty old to be seeing them back then.....and one of the guys I was there with was early 50s at the time which was a bit older than Gene at the time. Now Gene is 69...but hell I might do this just because I can :)

Was that KISS, Ted Nugent, and Sebastianless Skid Row?

mrbojangles25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#26 mrbojangles25
Member since 2005 • 58305 Posts

@Solaryellow said:
@mrbojangles25 said:

Music as in vocals or the instrumentals? Guitar-wise the band had a few lead guitarists who could rip. Paul Stanley is just an average player though.

IMO the band had some good ballads and such in the 80's whereas the 70's was just loud, break your ribs who cares about vocals, music.

Listen to the Eric Carr recording of Beth, which blows away his predecessor's version, and tell me you couldn't listen to it for the music.

I always enjoyed this little bit from the movie Role Models

Loading Video...

LOooooooOOOVE GUUUUuuuuUUUUN!

See Ronnie his dick is the gun!