The Dark Knight Rises! Box Office update, 160 million opening weekend!

This topic is locked from further discussion.

leviathan91

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#151 leviathan91
Member since 2007 • 7763 Posts

[QUOTE="mitu123"]

OMG, there's a director for the next Batman movie!

4dr1el

WTF??? Another remake? How many remakes must be?

In a few years we'll be watching the remake of the remake of the remake...

We need a silly Batman film. Hopefully this is one of them. :P

worlock77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#152 worlock77
Member since 2009 • 22552 Posts

[QUOTE="worlock77"]

Gotta go with the Tumbler. While it's not the Batmobile, I've never been particularly fond of any version of the Batmobile. And the Tumbler just seems to fit this version of Batman much more than a jacked-up sports car would.

leviathan91

I agree with this statement but only because Nolan's universe is based on complete realism unlike the rest of the Batman films that focus more on combining silliness and seriousness.

I woudn't go as far as to say complete realism. Two-Face wasn't very realistic.

mitu123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

#153 mitu123
Member since 2006 • 155290 Posts

[QUOTE="4dr1el"]

[QUOTE="mitu123"]

OMG, there's a director for the next Batman movie!

leviathan91

WTF??? Another remake? How many remakes must be?

In a few years we'll be watching the remake of the remake of the remake...

We need a silly Batman film. Hopefully this is one of them. :P

Batman Forever and Batman and Robin already covered that, lol.

DeadMan1290

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 29

#154 DeadMan1290
Member since 2005 • 15752 Posts

[QUOTE="leviathan91"]

[QUOTE="worlock77"]

Gotta go with the Tumbler. While it's not the Batmobile, I've never been particularly fond of any version of the Batmobile. And the Tumbler just seems to fit this version of Batman much more than a jacked-up sports car would.

worlock77

I agree with this statement but only because Nolan's universe is based on complete realism unlike the rest of the Batman films that focus more on combining silliness and seriousness.

I think it was more realistic than Tommy's Two-Face.
TheFallenDemon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#155 TheFallenDemon
Member since 2010 • 13933 Posts

[QUOTE="worlock77"]

[QUOTE="leviathan91"]

DeadMan1290

Well, of course.

This is Tommy, a guy who painted half of himself magenta.
500full.jpg

And this is Aaron, who managed to only get half of himself burned.
Two-Face.JPG

mitu123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#156 mitu123

[QUOTE="worlock77"]

[QUOTE="leviathan91"]

DeadMan1290

Of course, Tommy's Two Face doesn't even look real.:P

worlock77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#157 worlock77

[QUOTE="worlock77"]

[QUOTE="leviathan91"]

DeadMan1290

Honestly I don't remember the origin of Two-Face when Tommy Lee Jones portraied him. Hell, I never evn finished that movie the one time I tried to watch it. But Two-Face in 'The Dark Knight' wasn't realistic at all. A man that severely burned, half his damn face burned off down to the bone? Sorry, but there's no way he's getting up out of the hospital and going on a rampage (or doing much of anything) untreated as he was. The pain alone would be far too severe. Not to mention infections, not being able to speak (since half his mouth is gone and there would have no doubt been serious damage to his vocal chords), etc. It's doubtful his eye would have neatly stayed in place as it did ether. that's the only thing that's kinda bothered about Nolan's series. In a more fantastical setting I might not have thought as much of it, but one of the key things about Nolan's Batman is that everything rested on plausiblity. Some of it might be far-fetched, but there's a certain plausibility there. Two-Face, the way he is depicted, simply is not plausible.

Travo_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#158 Travo_basic
Member since 2003 • 38751 Posts
I saw a image of a realistic Killer Croc for Nolan's Batverse...very convincing. I can't seem to find it. It was a man with very bumpy, scarred features. Unfortunately, Croc isn't the kind to command an army like Bane, so he would be more like a side baddy/ quasi-bad guy. Speaking of baddies, I'm amazed at how many Nolan has squeezed in these movies, convincingly. Worlock, the thing about Two-Face is that he wasn't alive for very long and I doubt he would have been alive much longer if Batman hadn't killed him. Two-Face was about as real as it gets for a man of those kinds of injuries, so good thing he wasn't around long.
thebest31406

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#159 thebest31406
Member since 2004 • 3775 Posts
As much as I like the 89 batmobile for it's looks, the Tumbler is a much more convincing batmobile. I just can't buy an average size car flipping and destroying cars simply by running into them.
worlock77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#160 worlock77

Worlock, the thing about Two-Face is that he wasn't alive for very long and I doubt he would have been alive much longer if Batman hadn't killed him. Two-Face was about as real as it gets for a man of those kinds of injuries, so good thing he wasn't around long.Travo_basic

Right. He's around, what, less than one day? Still, I just didn't find it very plausible at all.

Travo_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#161 Travo_basic
I think the Penguin would be a very convincing side baddie/mob boss in TDKR. With Phillip Seymour Hoffman using a Cockney accent like in AA.
Travo_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#162 Travo_basic
Let's talk about .... [spoiler] Marion Cotillard's role. Is she really who everyone thinks she is? There's supposedly a flashback scene to a younger Talia Al Ghul and young Rhas. I believe her character is has been left out of the promotions for a reason. Is she out for revenge on Mr. Wayne? [/spoiler]
Zopple

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#163 Zopple
Member since 2012 • 31 Posts

It's apalling, I know, but I still havn't seen The Dark Knight yet. Need to get on that before this is released.

I think you guys will enjoy this.

TheFallenDemon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#164 TheFallenDemon

Let's talk about .... [spoiler] Marion Cotillard's role. Is she really who everyone thinks she is? There's supposedly a flashback scene to a younger Talia Al Ghul and young Rhas. I believe her character is has been left out of the promotions for a reason. Is she out for revenge on Mr. Wayne? [/spoiler] Travo_basic

[spoiler] Def. Scarecrow's sister, out to kill Mr. Wayne for her brother not having a big final confrontation with Batman in Batman Begins. [/spoiler]

Travo_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#165 Travo_basic
Lol, very interesting. I wish when we return to Arkham, we would see some old faces like Scarecrow and Zsaaz. Maybe even some new faces in there such as Calender Man or even Croc. [spoiler] word around the street is Scarecrow does return, but of course we won't know for sure until July 20th. [/spoiler]
LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#166 LJS9502_basic
Member since 2003 • 178854 Posts
Why does the poll keep changing?:(
mitu123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#167 mitu123

Lol, very interesting. I wish when we return to Arkham, we would see some old faces like Scarecrow and Zsaaz. Maybe even some new faces in there such as Calender Man or even Croc. [spoiler] word around the street is Scarecrow does return, but of course we won't know for sure until July 20th. [/spoiler] Travo_basic
[spoiler] I think he will. [/spoiler]

Travo_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#168 Travo_basic
Why does the poll keep changing?:(LJS9502_basic
to keep things fresh I can keep this for a while.
LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#169 LJS9502_basic
[QUOTE="LJS9502_basic"]Why does the poll keep changing?:(Travo_basic

But I have to keep voting.:P Anyway probably my most anticipated movie this year. And I get to see some of the 'burgh in it.
TheFallenDemon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#170 TheFallenDemon

Lol, very interesting. I wish when we return to Arkham, we would see some old faces like Scarecrow and Zsaaz. Maybe even some new faces in there such as Calender Man or even Croc. [spoiler] word around the street is Scarecrow does return, but of course we won't know for sure until July 20th. [/spoiler] Travo_basic

from a technical standpoint, Croc already exists in the Nolanverse, as the animated film Gotham Knight is slated as having taken place in between Begins and TDK.

Travo_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#171 Travo_basic

[QUOTE="Travo_basic"][QUOTE="LJS9502_basic"]Why does the poll keep changing?:(LJS9502_basic

But I have to keep voting.:P Anyway probably my most anticipated movie this year. And I get to see some of the 'burgh in it.

Was that big news back when they were filmimg last year?

I've never had a movie filmed in my "Burg." Well, except Chatahootchee. Remember that film?

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#172 LJS9502_basic

[QUOTE="LJS9502_basic"][QUOTE="Travo_basic"]to keep things fresh I can keep this for a while.Travo_basic

Was that big news back when they were filmimg last year?

I've never had a movie filmed in my "Burg." Well, except Chatahootchee. Remember that film?

Yeah it was in the news. They filmed that Bat-mobile in town....could have gone down but I figured it would be difficult to get close anyway. My brother in law washes windows in town and he got a good view....plus buzzed by the helicopters.:P I do not remember that film...sorry
Travo_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#173 Travo_basic

I've never seen it either. :lol: I was just there when they filmed one night. Did you recognize a good bit of the city in the previews?

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#174 LJS9502_basic

I've never seen it either. :lol: I was just there when they filmed one night. Did you recognize a good bit of the city in the previews?

Travo_basic
Haven't seen many trailers TBH.:P
worlock77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#175 worlock77

They shouldn't have moved filming from Chicago dammit!

Travo_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#176 Travo_basic

worlock77
Don't open that can of worms:P. Seriously, why not?
worlock77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#177 worlock77

[QUOTE="worlock77"]

Travo_basic

Don't open that can of worms:P. Seriously, why not?

Because Chicago is the best city in the United States dammit!

Travo_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#178 Travo_basic
I think they did film some parts in Chicago. Funny, I always thought of Gotham as Chicago and Metropolis as New York.
worlock77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#179 worlock77

I think they did film some parts in Chicago. Funny, I always thought of Gotham as Chicago and Metropolis as New York.Travo_basic

As I understand it Bob Kane's original idea was just that. Gotham being the comic's version of Chicago.

Travo_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#180 Travo_basic
I'm certainly glad they used real locations. The models in Batman Begins just stood out too much.
worlock77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#181 worlock77

I'm certainly glad they used real locations. The models in Batman Begins just stood out too much.Travo_basic

There were a couple of dead giveaways for Chicago in 'Batman Begins', but yeah, for the most part much of it looked like it was shot on a soundstage. 'The Dark Knight', however, absolutely screams "Chicago" in damn near every outdoor scene.

Travo_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#182 Travo_basic
I read a website that talked about the real locations in BB and TDK. I was surprised there at how many were used in BB because for the most part, a lot of it just looks phony.
worlock77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#183 worlock77

I read a website that talked about the real locations in BB and TDK. I was surprised there at how many were used in BB because for the most part, a lot of it just looks phony.Travo_basic

Well they did use a lot of CGI for even outdoor shots in BB. Probably the worst examples were the Wayne Enterprises building and that hokey looking elevated train (which I didn't get, as Chicago already has a sh*t ton of elevated track, why not just film that?).

Travo_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#184 Travo_basic
Let's talk about who will/may die [spoiler] . It doesn't have to be the Batman. Maybe Gordon, maybe Alfred. Definitely Bane. What do you suspect? [/spoiler]
ShadowsDemon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#185 ShadowsDemon
Member since 2012 • 10059 Posts
[QUOTE="Travo_basic"]Let's talk about who will/may die [spoiler] . It doesn't have to be the Batman. Maybe Gordon, maybe Alfred. Definitely Bane. What do you suspect? [/spoiler]

I think that.... [spoiler] Gordon or Alfred will die. Not both, but one of them. [/spoiler]
TheFallenDemon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#186 TheFallenDemon

Let's talk about who will/may die [spoiler] . It doesn't have to be the Batman. Maybe Gordon, maybe Alfred. Definitely Bane. What do you suspect? [/spoiler] Travo_basic

[spoiler] Marion Cotillard's character, Joseph Gordon-Lewitt. [/spoiler]

Travo_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#187 Travo_basic
Yeah, this is my guess.... [spoiler] . Batman's supposed death seems to be addressed so much in the previews that it seems more like a red herring. Someone like JGL will die (possibly dressed as Batman. Leaving Bane to believe he's dead, then Batman takes him down. Gordon could sacrifice himself as well knowing that the dark knight could still protect the city. Alfred? He might die, dunno. [/spoiler]
BluRayHiDef

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#188 BluRayHiDef
Member since 2009 • 10839 Posts

[QUOTE="Travo_basic"]Let's talk about who will/may die [spoiler] . It doesn't have to be the Batman. Maybe Gordon, maybe Alfred. Definitely Bane. What do you suspect? [/spoiler] ShadowsDemon
I think that.... [spoiler] Gordon or Alfred will die. Not both, but one of them. [/spoiler]

[spoiler] If that's the case, then it will be Alfred. Nolan already fooled around with the idea of Gordon dying in TDK. If he did it again - but for real - people would spend the remainder of the film wondering if it was another trick, or they simply wouldn't be impacted as much as Nolan would want them to be since they've already experienced his death (in a sense). [/spoiler]

Travo_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#189 Travo_basic
Good point there. [spoiler] Alfred dying would make an emotional impact and be ironic considering what he told Bruce about protecting him in the previews [/spoiler]
TreyoftheDead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#190 TreyoftheDead
Member since 2007 • 7982 Posts

How is the Tumbler winning?:?

Travo_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#191 Travo_basic
Because the Tumbler is badass.
TreyoftheDead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#192 TreyoftheDead
Member since 2007 • 7982 Posts

Because the Tumbler is badass.Travo_basic

Eh, it's okay.

It fits Nolan's interpretation of Batman to a T (more realistic approach), but as far as batmobiles go, I prefer the look of '89 and TAS.

Avian005

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 51

#193 Avian005
Member since 2009 • 4112 Posts

[QUOTE="Travo_basic"]Because the Tumbler is badass.TreyoftheDead

Eh, it's okay.

It fits Nolan's interpretation of Batman to a T (more realistic approach), but as far as batmobiles go, I prefer the look of '89 and TAS.

Yeah, they beat it in looks, but the Tumbler is far more effective and useful.

Travo_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#194 Travo_basic

[QUOTE="TreyoftheDead"]

[QUOTE="Travo_basic"]Because the Tumbler is badass.Avian005

Eh, it's okay.

Now see, I love the menacing look of the Tumbler, enough to put fear in Batman's foes. The others are just too sleek or silly.
worlock77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#195 worlock77

[QUOTE="Avian005"]

[QUOTE="TreyoftheDead"]

Eh, it's okay.

Travo_basic

Now see, I love the menacing look of the Tumbler, enough to put fear in Batman's foes. The others are just too sleek or silly.

Yup.

Avian005

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 51

#196 Avian005
Member since 2009 • 4112 Posts

[QUOTE="Avian005"]

[QUOTE="TreyoftheDead"]

Eh, it's okay.

Travo_basic

I don't agree with teh other looking too sleek or silly, but the Tumbler does look very menacing.

Travo_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#197 Travo_basic
The Batmobile 89 is a very sleek and sexy car. If Bruce Wayne's Lamborghini ever had to go into the shop, he could pick up chicks in that thing.
ShadowsDemon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#198 ShadowsDemon
Member since 2012 • 10059 Posts

[QUOTE="ShadowsDemon"][QUOTE="Travo_basic"]Let's talk about who will/may die [spoiler] . It doesn't have to be the Batman. Maybe Gordon, maybe Alfred. Definitely Bane. What do you suspect? [/spoiler] BluRayHiDef

[spoiler] If that's the case, then it will be Alfred. Nolan already fooled around with the idea of Gordon dying in TDK. If he did it again - but for real - people would spend the remainder of the film wondering if it was another trick, or they simply wouldn't be impacted as much as Nolan would want them to be since they've already experienced his death (in a sense). [/spoiler]

[spoiler] Alfred dying sure would be one hell of a sad way to end the triology...then again it's not like Nolan is known for his happy endings. [/spoiler]
Travo_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#199 Travo_basic
It certainly would fit, plus providing us with one death with an emotional punch.
branketra

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 9

#200 branketra
Member since 2006 • 51726 Posts
Can't wait for this to happen. I'm not talking about the spoilers, by the way.