The Dark Knight Rises! Box Office update, 160 million opening weekend!

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#51 Posted by Travo_basic (38751 posts) -
That's the one.
#52 Posted by BluRayHiDef (10839 posts) -

That's the one.Travo_basic

I think that's just a shot from the middle of the film. There were similar shots in the middle of the last two films. The ending of the last two films were shots in which Batman is moving (flying away in the first and riding away in the second).

#53 Posted by BluRayHiDef (10839 posts) -

Hey, Travo. Do you think this will be the best film ever made? I think it will be. Seriously.

#54 Posted by mitu123 (155185 posts) -

Hey, Travo. Do you think this will be the best film ever made? I think it will be. Seriously.

BluRayHiDef

Has to beat The Dark Knight 1st!

#55 Posted by Travo_basic (38751 posts) -
Hard to say. TDK is easily in my top 3 favorites of all time. I'm not sure if this one will top that one, but it should break the pattern of the third film being the weakest of a trilogy.
#56 Posted by BluRayHiDef (10839 posts) -

Hard to say. TDK is easily in my top 3 favorites of all time. I'm not sure if this one will top that one, but it should break the pattern of the third film being the weakest of a trilogy.Travo_basic

Usually, the third film in a trilogy is the weakest because its a clusterbang (too much going on); the writers and directors feel that making the third film bigger in every way will assure that it's better than the previous two (think of Spiderman 3). Such an idea isn't bad in and of itself but can be when it's not executed well due to being poorly organized/ structured, which usually results from not having enough time for everything to be developed on screen. However, I don't think this will be a problem for TDKR because it will be a whopping two hours and forty five minutes, which should be plenty of time for every thing to be developed. So, at the very least, it will be as good as TDK for the following reasons.

• It's got everything TDK has: Good actors, a villain and a quasi-villain (TDK: Joker and Harvey Dent, TDKR: Bane and Catwoman), a mental and emotional challenge for Batman (TDK: Let people die or reveal his identity, TDKR: Be a hero while considered a repeat-murderer to the people he's trying to save and defeat Bane while physically inhibited), and the same emotionally-gripping direction.

However, I just have this feeling - based on the awesomeness of the trailers - that it will be better.

#57 Posted by mitu123 (155185 posts) -

There's no way this movie will be worse than Batman Begins as well.

#58 Posted by Travo_basic (38751 posts) -

mitu123
I'm inclined to believe that. I think this will end very well.
#59 Posted by mitu123 (155185 posts) -

[QUOTE="mitu123"]

Travo_basic

I'm inclined to believe that. I think this will end very well.

Batman Begins was good but not amazing, I can see this movie being amazing at least.

#60 Posted by LJS9502_basic (161960 posts) -

mitu123

That wasn't a bad movie....but the first movie in reboots has to tell the origin story and that's a bit slow. Still not a bad movie. That said I can't wait for the movie to be out. Bittersweet though because it's the last.

#61 Posted by DeadMan1290 (15528 posts) -

Does Hathaway(Or however you spell it) even have that Catwoman attitude?

#62 Posted by Perfect_Blue (29938 posts) -

[QUOTE="Aljosa23"]

Huge Batman fan but I'm not too fond of Nolan's adaptations or his films in general...but I'm still hyped for this.

Hopefully it's the best one.

Travo_basic

I like my superheo movies to be more grounded in reality for some reason, that's why I'm a huge fan of Nolan's movies.

Batman is a character that is grounded in reality in general. I'm just not a fan of Nolan's flicks or how he handles it. Christian Bale is a good actor but his portrayal of Batman was just "okay" to me.

#63 Posted by Ballroompirate (25858 posts) -

Glade to see CB is the best Batman, anyone else is just meh

#64 Posted by mitu123 (155185 posts) -

[QUOTE="mitu123"]

LJS9502_basic

That wasn't a bad movie....but the first movie in reboots has to tell the origin story and that's a bit slow. Still not a bad movie. That said I can't wait for the movie to be out. Bittersweet though because it's the last.

I know, I said Batman Begins is a good movie.

Yeah, but it's a perfect end to a trilogy at least.

#65 Posted by Travo_basic (38751 posts) -

DeadMan1290
At first glance I would say no, but Nolan obviously something in her. Personally, I probably have went for Marion Cotillard for that vixen vibe.
#66 Posted by mitu123 (155185 posts) -

DeadMan1290

I hope so like Michelle Pfeifferin Batman Returns, that would be awesome!

#67 Posted by LJS9502_basic (161960 posts) -

[QUOTE="LJS9502_basic"]

[QUOTE="mitu123"]

mitu123

I know, I said Batman Begins is a good movie.

Yeah, but it's a perfect end to a trilogy at least.

Wish I'd have gone to town when they were filming. Could have seen the Batmobile.:(
#68 Posted by Ballroompirate (25858 posts) -

DeadMan1290

Personally I would of went with Morena Baccarin or Kate Beckinsale as Catwomen

#69 Posted by Razor-Lazor (12763 posts) -
So excited. I don't know if it's possible for me to like a movie more than I liked The Dark Knight, but damn. Finale and all.
#70 Posted by Travo_basic (38751 posts) -
The best Bruce Wayne is Christian Bale with a whopping 40 out of 64 votes.
#71 Posted by Avian005 (4112 posts) -

To answer the new poll, Christian Bale again.

#72 Posted by Shadow4020 (2097 posts) -

Adam West will always be Batman to me.

#73 Posted by ShadowsDemon (10051 posts) -
I've pre-ordered my midnight release tickets. :D
#74 Posted by Travo_basic (38751 posts) -
Three more weeks to go! For anybody that's seen it, what did you think of the opening scene. Did it rival TDK's?
#75 Posted by mitu123 (155185 posts) -

3 weeks is too long!

#76 Posted by DeadMan1290 (15528 posts) -

3 weeks is too long!

mitu123
Agree.
#77 Posted by Travo_basic (38751 posts) -
I know, but I remember sitting in the theater last year thinking "I could skip every movie of 2011 to see The Dark Knight Rises today". It doesn't seem quite as long now.
#78 Posted by thebest31406 (3775 posts) -
I think it's wild how most of the folks here believe that Bale is a better Batman than Keaton. How can anyone like that grumbling voice of his?
#79 Posted by dave123321 (35329 posts) -
Three more weeks to go! For anybody that's seen it, what did you think of the opening scene. Did it rival TDK's?Travo_basic
I enjoyed it. Liked the TDK one better, but mostly due to the Joker. Bane was also hard to understand, hopefully they fixed that.
#80 Posted by Travo_basic (38751 posts) -
I think it's wild how most of the folks here believe that Bale is a better Batman than Keaton. How can anyone like that grumbling voice of his?thebest31406
Keaton had his moments, but I liked Bale's menacing appearance.
[QUOTE="Travo_basic"]Three more weeks to go! For anybody that's seen it, what did you think of the opening scene. Did it rival TDK's?dave123321
I enjoyed it. Liked the TDK one better, but mostly due to the Joker. Bane was also hard to understand, hopefully they fixed that.

I think they did. I enjoyed it very much, but like you, enjoyed TDK's a little better due to the Joker.
#81 Posted by Ninja-Hippo (23434 posts) -
Only three weeks? :o This thread increases my hype levels on a daily basis. I need to stop reading it before my head explodes.
#82 Posted by Travo_basic (38751 posts) -
Only three weeks? :o This thread increases my hype levels on a daily basis. I need to stop reading it before my head explodes. Ninja-Hippo
Glad to be of service. :P
Avatar image for TheShadowLord07
#83 Posted by TheShadowLord07 (22910 posts) -

flrwu.gif

tdkr is going to be shown here. im defintely not going to miss the conclusion to the trilogy.

and im surprise bale is winning over conroy as best batman

#84 Posted by Travo_basic (38751 posts) -
Was there a concern it wouldn't play where you are at?
#85 Posted by TheShadowLord07 (22910 posts) -

Was there a concern it wouldn't play where you are at?Travo_basic
well i was worried it wasnt going to be shown here like they didnt show prometheus.

#86 Posted by mitu123 (155185 posts) -
Three more weeks to go! For anybody that's seen it, what did you think of the opening scene. Did it rival TDK's?Travo_basic
It surpassed it, lol. Now I can't wait.D=
#87 Posted by TheFallenDemon (13933 posts) -

I think it's wild how most of the folks here believe that Bale is a better Batman than Keaton. How can anyone like that grumbling voice of his?thebest31406

because they read the comics

#88 Posted by TheShadowLord07 (22910 posts) -

[QUOTE="thebest31406"]I think it's wild how most of the folks here believe that Bale is a better Batman than Keaton. How can anyone like that grumbling voice of his?TheFallenDemon

i seen the agrument being made but how can you can tell batman grumbles in a comic book

#89 Posted by TheFallenDemon (13933 posts) -

[QUOTE="TheFallenDemon"]

[QUOTE="thebest31406"]I think it's wild how most of the folks here believe that Bale is a better Batman than Keaton. How can anyone like that grumbling voice of his?TheShadowLord07

i seen the agrument being made but how can you can tell batman grumbles in a comic book

batman-gl.jpg

#90 Posted by TheShadowLord07 (22910 posts) -

[QUOTE="TheShadowLord07"]

[QUOTE="TheFallenDemon"]

TheFallenDemon

batman-gl.jpg

sorry but im not good using my imagination:(

also,he's he wearing the armored suit like the one in batman arkham asylum?

#91 Posted by 4dr1el (2380 posts) -

I watched The Dark Knight last night and will watch Batman Begins today, can't wait for this one. Also, can't wait to see what Nolan does with Superman, but that's another thread.:P

DeadMan1290

Nolan will do superman? Wasnt the 300/watchmen/Sucker Punch director (Zach Sneidjer or somethin) doing the remake already?

#92 Posted by 4dr1el (2380 posts) -

If I was going to get my arse handed to me by a big guy on some kind of special drug which gave him unlimited strength and endurance I'd realistically just buy a gun and shoot him. It'd fall down like Indiana Jones where the crowd parts and this big guy with a sword starts doing his thing and Indiana Jones blows him away.

The Dark Knight Rises ends.

Skarwolf

Too bad Batman refuses to kill anyone.

#93 Posted by ghoklebutter (19327 posts) -

I like how it's coming out the day after my 18th birthday.

#94 Posted by Travo_basic (38751 posts) -

[QUOTE="TheShadowLord07"]

[QUOTE="TheFallenDemon"]

TheFallenDemon

batman-gl.jpg

Lol
#95 Posted by LJS9502_basic (161960 posts) -
Keaton was okay....and he was home grown....but Bale just seems more Batman like.
#96 Posted by GreySeal9 (28247 posts) -

My body is totally ready for this movie.

I don't see how they are going to top The Dark Knight (the stakes were so high in that movie), but I'm sure it will be great nevertheless.

#97 Posted by Razor-Lazor (12763 posts) -
I had a dream last night that I was watching The Dark Knight Rises. It was a seven-and-a-half hour movie, and it was a mix of No Country for Old Men, Legion, and The Dark Knight. It started out with, well, pretty much all of No Country for Old Men, with the antagonist from that movie (forgot his name) going around killing a bunch of people. Then, after two hours of that, Batman came in to put him in jail and throw him away. But it turned out to be some clever decoy by The Joker, who came back stronger than even with a bunch of henchmen. This is where it gets weird. Joker takes over the whole town, and that's the next five hours of the movie. He turns people into evil creatures, and at all of Batman's attempts to stop him, he gets shot down. He is once sexually assaulted from a corrupt prison guard (from a Law and Order episode I saw once) and once sexually assaulted by a man with two legs (I have no idea). He gets shot down a few more times and the dream just...ends. :| Now I need to see it to replace these memories with a movie I hope is better than that.
#98 Posted by Travo_basic (38751 posts) -
Hmm, I guess Anton Chiguhr (sp) would make a good Bane.
#99 Posted by RandomWinner (3751 posts) -

I'm so happy Nolan did Batman the way it should be done, and I love that nearly everyone agrees.

CAN'T WAIT!

#100 Posted by Travo_basic (38751 posts) -

I'm so happy Nolan did Batman the way it should be done, and I love that nearly everyone agrees.

CAN'T WAIT!

RandomWinner
I do. I can't really watch Batman 89 now that I've seen his vision.