Switzerland and UK to Sell Extra Small Condoms for 12 Year Olds

• 152 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Lobster_Ear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#101 Lobster_Ear
Member since 2005 • 5428 Posts
[QUOTE="xhellcatx"][QUOTE="Lobster_Ear"][QUOTE="xhellcatx"] Contradictions anyone?

Where did I contradict myself?

Where you said they should be made knowledgeable, but it shouldnt be advertised (which in essence, its the condom companies that fund the educational information/videos/ect) because the kids will be provoked. That is a contradiction.

No that's just you assuming things. I said they should be knowledgeable. That can mean many things. Their parents could be their source of knowledge or their teachers (you don't need videos). Though I have nothing against condom companies funding educational videos about sex, what I meant by advertising was explicit adverts promoting sex like Trojan commercials do all the time. I should have made that clearer.
xhellcatx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#102 xhellcatx
Member since 2006 • 9015 Posts
[QUOTE="xhellcatx"][QUOTE="T_P_O"] You don't have to be someone with a high IQ to understand the either the seriousness or the emotional side of sexual intercourse, which varies with each couple. There's no standard for "being ready to have sex".T_P_O
IQ has nothing to do with it, MATURITY has EVERYTHING to do with it.

You don't need to capsrage your replies. And how does that relate to my post?

No need to take offense to my big caps... Wasnt yelling, just emphasizing. (trust me i wasnt yelling ;) ) And yea, it does have relation to your post as you said theres no standard for being ready to have sex, and you bring up the IQ factor. Well, you know, it doesnt take an IQ to have sex at all, but actually it does take a bit of a brain to understand that sex can have repercussions.... many repercussions. It takes more of a sense of maturity in order to fully understand what can happen, that you arent invincible, and neither would your mate be, and that something very big may happen from 15 minutes of pleasure. (... at that age, .... i wouldnt even think it would last -that- long)
xhellcatx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#103 xhellcatx
[QUOTE="Lobster_Ear"][QUOTE="xhellcatx"][QUOTE="Lobster_Ear"] Where did I contradict myself?

Where you said they should be made knowledgeable, but it shouldnt be advertised (which in essence, its the condom companies that fund the educational information/videos/ect) because the kids will be provoked. That is a contradiction.

No that's just you assuming things. I said they should be knowledgeable. That can mean many things. Their parents could be their source of knowledge or their teachers (you don't need videos). Though I have nothing against condom companies funding educational videos about sex, what I meant by advertising was explicit adverts promoting sex like Trojan commercials do all the time. I should have made that clearer.

In my experience, teachers -always- use videos :( But yea, perhaps i did assume too much, but in a debatful thread... its best to make yourself as clear as you can. I apologize for assuming. *cookies for you too* ^_^
Avatar image for deactivated-5b19214ec908b
deactivated-5b19214ec908b

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#104 deactivated-5b19214ec908b
Member since 2007 • 25072 Posts

[QUOTE="toast_burner"]if a child's attendance at school drops below 70-80% his/her parents can be sent to court.

they should do a similar thing with under aged sexT_P_O

Yes, but how on earth are you going to get anyone to press charges for it? In that scenario you'd have the school alerting the authorities, but who's going to bring it to the attention of the police in this situation? Also, how do you the justify the actus reus of that? "It was the parents fault that the kids were having sex because they don't supervise them all day, everyday." It's not a just proposal, or a feasible one.

People used to get charged for having anal sex so im sure this will work :P

T_P_O

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#105 T_P_O
Member since 2008 • 5388 Posts
[QUOTE="T_P_O"]

[QUOTE="toast_burner"]if a child's attendance at school drops below 70-80% his/her parents can be sent to court.

they should do a similar thing with under aged sextoast_burner

Yes, but how on earth are you going to get anyone to press charges for it? In that scenario you'd have the school alerting the authorities, but who's going to bring it to the attention of the police in this situation? Also, how do you the justify the actus reus of that? "It was the parents fault that the kids were having sex because they don't supervise them all day, everyday." It's not a just proposal, or a feasible one.

People used to get charged for anal sex so im sure this will work :P

The only ones who are likely to know the offense will be the kids and the parents if they manage to find out, I'm sure none will even dream of pressing charges then :P
LZ71

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#106 LZ71
Member since 2008 • 10524 Posts
[QUOTE="LZ71"][QUOTE="Stesilaus"]research found that not enough 12 to 14-year-old boys were having protected sex.MushroomWig
They shouldn't be having sex AT ALL at that age.

A person should be allowed to have sex whenever they feel ready.

I do not agree. Kids that young are not ready to handle the various consequences that come with sex. Being safe isn't the only part to sex.
T_P_O

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#107 T_P_O
[QUOTE="T_P_O"][QUOTE="xhellcatx"] IQ has nothing to do with it, MATURITY has EVERYTHING to do with it.xhellcatx
You don't need to capsrage your replies. And how does that relate to my post?

No need to take offense to my big caps... Wasnt yelling, just emphasizing. (trust me i wasnt yelling ;) ) And yea, it does have relation to your post as you said theres no standard for being ready to have sex, and you bring up the IQ factor. Well, you know, it doesnt take an IQ to have sex at all, but actually it does take a bit of a brain to understand that sex can have repercussions.... many repercussions. It takes more of a sense of maturity in order to fully understand what can happen, that you arent invincible, and neither would your mate be, and that something very big may happen from 15 minutes of pleasure. (... at that age, .... i wouldnt even think it would last -that- long)

Uh, no, I was dispelling the idea that you'd need to have a high IQ to understand sex but you don't need a really high IQ to understand most things in life. IQ doesn't determine how knowledgeable you are on most subjects, especially not sex. And I stand by my assertion that there's no standard for being ready for sex, you can find immature individuals of all ages, and likewise, you can find 12 year olds who know about sexual intercourse. Maturity is a difficult thing to measure.
Dante2710

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#108 Dante2710
Member since 2005 • 63164 Posts
Thats kind of creepy :? but i guess its a benefit for those who arent very well endowed :lol:
-Y2J-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#109 -Y2J-
Member since 2005 • 1000 Posts
this teenage problem and the broken britain social thing is mostly a "white british" thing. of course not completley 100% but in nearly all the news you hear about this kind of thing ( like that 10 yr old kid last year) its mostly chavs and stuff. the south asian community i love in (i'm not asian) never really has this problem but most of them i assume are muslim so maybe thats why.
megagene

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#110 megagene
Member since 2005 • 23161 Posts

Hot DOG!! I'm gonna go run out and buy some right NOW!!! :D

Uhhh....For my little brother, of course....My BROTHER. >_>

xhellcatx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#111 xhellcatx

megagene
O_O *sneaks cookie to megagene* ....
Lobster_Ear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#112 Lobster_Ear
Member since 2005 • 5428 Posts

megagene
or for your hotdog...
Poissons

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#113 Poissons
Member since 2009 • 961 Posts
Nice.
LegitGamer3212

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#114 LegitGamer3212
Member since 2008 • 1619 Posts

It's all a ruse, just a cover up for guys who have extra small penises and are too embarrassed to admit it. Man at counter buying Extra small 12 year old boy condoms: "Errr...They're for my son, turned 12 yesterday, kids these days sure do grow up fast.... he just loves the sex... Now these EXTRA LARGE Trojan Magnum condoms, well these are for me...Heh heh.." I wonder how many men will be buying these condoms "For their kids"Im_single

according to sources at wikpedia(a urologist, and personal sexual thearapist) size don't depends on race/ethnicity but on genetics and the environment. Pollution and things such as pesticides can cause disruptions during puberty.

Jazz_Fan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#115 Jazz_Fan
Member since 2008 • 29516 Posts
[QUOTE="LZ71"][QUOTE="Stesilaus"]research found that not enough 12 to 14-year-old boys were having protected sex.MushroomWig

A person should be allowed to have sex whenever they feel ready.

I doubt their is any 12 year old can handle the emotional and psychical consequences of sexual relations...
lightleggy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 65

#116 lightleggy
Member since 2008 • 16090 Posts
[QUOTE="T_P_O"][QUOTE="lightleggy"] there are some things that 12 years old kids are not ready to do...and sex is one of them...go ahead and ask any pshycologyst about that and you'll get the same answer...unless this kid is some ultra gifted boy with 4000 IQ and a ph.d on every single existing career, then yes he is ready...but in other case...a 12 years old kid is not ready for sex, like it or not.xhellcatx
You don't have to be someone with a high IQ to understand the either the seriousness or the emotional side of sexual intercourse, which varies with each couple. There's no standard for "being ready to have sex".

my point was that unless that kid is a genious in every way possible, then he is not ready for sex
T_P_O

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#117 T_P_O
[QUOTE="xhellcatx"][QUOTE="T_P_O"] You don't have to be someone with a high IQ to understand the either the seriousness or the emotional side of sexual intercourse, which varies with each couple. There's no standard for "being ready to have sex".lightleggy

my point was that unless that kid is a genious in every way possible, then he is not ready for sex

You could easily expand that criteria to 90% of adults as well.
xhellcatx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#118 xhellcatx
[QUOTE="lightleggy"][QUOTE="xhellcatx"][QUOTE="T_P_O"] You don't have to be someone with a high IQ to understand the either the seriousness or the emotional side of sexual intercourse, which varies with each couple. There's no standard for "being ready to have sex".

my ex husband was a "genius" on paper... really.. very smart. But when it came to common sense... he lacked.. and still lacks every ounce possible. There is not a drop of common sense in his "genius" lil head. There is a huge difference between iq and maturity. it takes maturity to make the decision to finally have sex, and who to have sex with, and if you can handle the possible consequences of sex.
Avatar image for deactivated-5b19214ec908b
deactivated-5b19214ec908b

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#119 deactivated-5b19214ec908b
Member since 2007 • 25072 Posts

[QUOTE="megagene"]

Lobster_Ear

or for your hotdog...

:P

xhellcatx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#120 xhellcatx
[QUOTE="lightleggy"][QUOTE="xhellcatx"] IQ has nothing to do with it, MATURITY has EVERYTHING to do with it.T_P_O

You could easily expand that criteria to 90% of adults as well.

very easily you could, yes.... i know so very many immature adults... even older then myself. Its so sad... and they really shouldnt have sex cause they would never be able to handle anything 'unexpected' from it... nor are they bright enough to take the proper precautions. Very sad. :(
Serraph105

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#121 Serraph105
Member since 2007 • 36047 Posts

better safe than uh *throws up* sorry about that

Bourbons3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#122 Bourbons3
Member since 2003 • 24238 Posts
[QUOTE="Stesilaus"]research found that not enough 12 to 14-year-old boys were having protected sex.LZ71

But they are. Its not the best scenario, but its reality. Its either protected sex, or teenage pregnancies. And seeing as this is in the Daily Mail, it comes with a big helping of hyperbole.
VendettaRed07

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#123 VendettaRed07
Member since 2007 • 14012 Posts

Mine was a lot larger than that at 12.

Gaming-Planet

yeah lol... im no stud by any means but I think thats still waaay to small even for 12 year olds :/

lightleggy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#124 lightleggy
[QUOTE="lightleggy"][QUOTE="xhellcatx"] IQ has nothing to do with it, MATURITY has EVERYTHING to do with it.xhellcatx

my ex husband was a "genius" on paper... really.. very smart. But when it came to common sense... he lacked.. and still lacks every ounce possible. There is not a drop of common sense in his "genius" lil head. There is a huge difference between iq and maturity. it takes maturity to make the decision to finally have sex, and who to have sex with, and if you can handle the possible consequences of sex.

ok and you think a 12 years old can do that?
xhellcatx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#125 xhellcatx
[QUOTE="lightleggy"][QUOTE="xhellcatx"][QUOTE="lightleggy"]
[QUOTE="LZ71"][QUOTE="Stesilaus"]research found that not enough 12 to 14-year-old boys were having protected sex.Bourbons3

But they are. Its not the best scenario, but its reality. Its either protected sex, or teenage pregnancies. And seeing as this is in the Daily Mail, it comes with a big helping of hyperbole.

teenage pregnancies... they arent even teens yet... 12 isnt a 'teen' ... pre-teen pregnancies... eew... eeeeeeeeeeew. ew! It just needs to not happen.
xhellcatx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#126 xhellcatx
[QUOTE="lightleggy"][QUOTE="xhellcatx"][QUOTE="lightleggy"] my point was that unless that kid is a genious in every way possible, then he is not ready for sex

ok and you think a 12 years old can do that?

... i dunno why my other post didnt let me double quote.. i tried! but anyways, NO. No i dont. Not even some adults can do that... which is my point.
Boston_Boyy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#127 Boston_Boyy
Member since 2008 • 4103 Posts

Haha...wow that's kinda screwed up

X360PS3AMD05

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#128 X360PS3AMD05
Member since 2005 • 36320 Posts
I guess it is true, Americans are just stuck-up :lol:
Avatar image for deactivated-59d151f079814
deactivated-59d151f079814

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#129 deactivated-59d151f079814
Member since 2003 • 47239 Posts
Well at least they are looking at the problem realistically.. If kids are going to have sex at that young of age, they migh tas well as do it protected.. Now of COURSE its trying to be avoided and the like.. But guess what, this happens its better to try to prevent further problems, instead of acting like it doesn't exist.
ghoklebutter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#130 ghoklebutter
Member since 2007 • 19327 Posts
*facepalm* That is all.
Pixel-Pirate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#131 Pixel-Pirate
Member since 2009 • 10771 Posts

[QUOTE="Stesilaus"]research found that not enough 12 to 14-year-old boys were having protected sex.LZ71

The problem is they do. And I'd rather they do it and be portected than do it and not be protected. Making them stop isn't really an option.

lightleggy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#132 lightleggy

[QUOTE="LZ71"][QUOTE="Stesilaus"]research found that not enough 12 to 14-year-old boys were having protected sex.Pixel-Pirate

The problem is they do. And I'd rather they do it and be portected than do it and not be protected. Making them stop isn't really an option.

I'd rather the parents to do a better job
racing1750

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

#133 racing1750
Member since 2010 • 14567 Posts
You have to be 16 to have sex in the UK. Why would they sell condoms to kids?
T_P_O

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#134 T_P_O
[QUOTE="Pixel-Pirate"]

[QUOTE="LZ71"] They shouldn't be having sex AT ALL at that age.lightleggy

I'd rather the parents to do a better job

How do we know it's the parents fault?
SapSacPrime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#135 SapSacPrime
Member since 2004 • 8925 Posts

SOme 12 year olds have sex :| its a fact whether you find it shocking or not :o so its probably a good idea they know to protect themselves. I was 12 when I started messing about like this, although I didn't have proper sex for a while.

Crimsader

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#136 Crimsader
Member since 2008 • 11672 Posts

Lol, do the 12 years old teens even have a load? Well... It will be disturbing for a 12 years old to go the pharmacy: "Can I have one of these with the strawberry flavour?".

MushroomWig

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#137 MushroomWig
Member since 2009 • 11625 Posts
You have to be 16 to have sex in the UK. Why would they sell condoms to kids?racing1750
Because people aren't stupid, they obviously know kids still have sex before the legal age, it's better for everyone if they're actually protected.
RK-Mara

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#138 RK-Mara
Member since 2006 • 11489 Posts
Imagine going to a store and buying the smallest condoms they have...
Brainkiller05

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#139 Brainkiller05
Member since 2005 • 28954 Posts
I understand but tbh if you're 12 and having sex chances are you aren't even responsible enough to think "better use a condom!"
MushroomWig

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#140 MushroomWig
I understand but tbh if you're 12 and having sex chances are you aren't even responsible enough to think "better use a condom!" Brainkiller05
Well even if it stops just one person from getting pregent then it's a great idea.
Bitter_Altmer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#141 Bitter_Altmer
Member since 2010 • 356 Posts

This is good news.

Can you imagine a 12 year old putting a condom on?

"WEEEE IT STRETCHES"

MagikarpSplash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#142 MagikarpSplash
Member since 2009 • 825 Posts
You'll probably find the pre teen pregnancy rate will actually go up after this lol. A lot of 12 year olds will be rebellious and choose not to use one if the message is "be responsible and use a condom."
xhellcatx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#143 xhellcatx
[QUOTE="T_P_O] How do we know it's the parents fault?

Because parents -can- prevent a whole lot from happening. Parents can keep closer 'tabs' on their children, knowing who they are with at all times, and if there will be adult supervision. Also, is that adult that is supervising your child one that shares the same values/morals as you do? If not, then you probably shouldnt let your kid go hang out over there. Not saying the kids cant play together but let the other kid come visit at your house, or take them out to the park or beach or whatever, or involve both set of parents. If your kid lies to you and says they were at a certain place with certain people, then guess what? Grounded. Going -no where-. So parents do have a lot of control... or at least they should get up off their butts and exercise their powers. A 12 year old should not be -that- out of control... if so... then it really really is bad parenting. If you can't control your own kid, get some professional help in the matter... theres no shame in asking for help if you need it. Anyways, There are -Some- cases where the parents may not have control... and a very bad experience could change your child... you could be the best parent in the world but you cant protect your kids from everything, that is true, but you can guide them. I have had some very bad life experiences, so I know what to watch for with my own children, and i know if something may have altered their perspective on what may be right or wrong. ... Im not saying I am super-mom, but I am saying that parents do need to step up to the plate, learn their kids, their kids' behaviors, their friends, their hang-outs, and let their kids know that they love them, and will guide them.
pete_merlin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#144 pete_merlin
Member since 2007 • 6098 Posts

lmao at this subject.

You'd think that instead of catering to the young they would come down on it and try to prevent the problem. 12 year olds having sex is just wrong

MushroomWig

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#145 MushroomWig

lmao at this subject.

You'd think that instead of catering to the young they would come down on it and try to prevent the problem. 12 year olds having sex is just wrong

pete_merlin
Suggesting that you can stop people from having sex is like suggesting you can stop the Sun from being hot.
entropyecho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#146 entropyecho
Member since 2005 • 22053 Posts

I doubt their is any 12 year old can handle the emotional and psychical consequences of sexual relations...Jazz_Fan
There is no room for doubt - they can't.

scorch-62

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#147 scorch-62
Member since 2006 • 29763 Posts
[QUOTE="pete_merlin"]

lmao at this subject.

MushroomWig
Suggesting that you can stop people from having sex is like suggesting you can stop the Sun from being hot.

But, seriously... twelve-year-olds?
MushroomWig

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#148 MushroomWig
[QUOTE="MushroomWig"][QUOTE="pete_merlin"]

lmao at this subject.

scorch-62

Anythings possible. ;P
Avatar image for deactivated-59d151f079814
deactivated-59d151f079814

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#149 deactivated-59d151f079814
Member since 2003 • 47239 Posts

[QUOTE="MushroomWig"][QUOTE="pete_merlin"]

lmao at this subject.

scorch-62

Clearly its happening if it was not, they would never have put forward this policy... Now if only the United States would understand that teaching things like abstinence is a tremendous waste of time.. First of all "teaching" abstinence doesn't make any sense.. You either do it or don't do it.. Its quite simple.. I was not taught NOT to smoke, I decided not too..

Avatar image for batman_is_aweso
batman_is_aweso

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#150 batman_is_aweso
Member since 2009 • 2762 Posts

wtf is the world coming to?