Switzerland and UK to Sell Extra Small Condoms for 12 Year Olds

• 152 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

MushroomWig

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#51 MushroomWig
Member since 2009 • 11625 Posts
[QUOTE="Stesilaus"]research found that not enough 12 to 14-year-old boys were having protected sex.LZ71
They shouldn't be having sex AT ALL at that age.

A person should be allowed to have sex whenever they feel ready.
cjek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#52 cjek
Member since 2003 • 14327 Posts

It's very disturbing that boys need protection. From what? How many 12 year old girls have more than one sex partner? This is all so very wrong.

FFCYAN
Pregnancy perhaps? That could be quite a problem at their age.
MgamerBD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#53 MgamerBD
Member since 2006 • 17550 Posts
lol I'm sure its not for the kids but for the men lacking in that area.
MushroomWig

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#54 MushroomWig

It's very disturbing that boys need protection. From what?FFCYAN

A little thing called pregnancy, I thought that would be pretty obvious.

FFCYAN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#55 FFCYAN
Member since 2005 • 4969 Posts

[QUOTE="FFCYAN"]

It's very disturbing that boys need protection. From what?MushroomWig

Yeah, I forgot about that. Every girl I know that is sexually active uses the pill for that.

UserBane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56 UserBane
Member since 2010 • 994 Posts

At 12 years old I highly doubt they are going to buy xxs condoms...

solidgamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57 solidgamer
Member since 2005 • 7542 Posts
My penis was not that small at 12 years old. Im offended.
Virtual_Price

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58 Virtual_Price
Member since 2010 • 5710 Posts
[QUOTE="Stesilaus"]research found that not enough 12 to 14-year-old boys were having protected sex.LZ71

I agree with this.
solidgamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59 solidgamer

[QUOTE="MushroomWig"]

[QUOTE="FFCYAN"]

Yeah, I forgot about that. Every girl I know that is sexually active uses the pill for that.

Not only Pregnancy Dont forget STD'S
Virtual_Price

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60 Virtual_Price
Member since 2010 • 5710 Posts

Erm.. better... safe then... sorry?

Seriusly, i dont think they thought trough this one to well. I doubt a 12 year old would eaven go to a store and ask for condoms, and if he got them from his parents i suspect he would be emotionaly scarred lol xD

And how do they expect this to go?
12 year old girl - "Hey timmy... wanna... you know?"
12 year old boy - "Yeah sure!"
Girl - "You've got condoms?"
Boy - "No, ill just go fetch them from the store, brb!"

chaplainDMK

LOL. :lol:

FFCYAN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61 FFCYAN

[QUOTE="FFCYAN"]

[QUOTE="MushroomWig"] A little thing called pregnancy, I thought that would be pretty obvious.

solidgamer

I implied in my original post that 12 year olds shouldn't need STD protection from girls their own age. I have always associated condoms with STD protection. The pill is more widely used for pregnancy control(that I've seen).

solidgamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62 solidgamer

[QUOTE="solidgamer"][QUOTE="FFCYAN"]Yeah, I forgot about that. Every girl I know that is sexually active uses the pill for that.

FFCYAN

I implied in my original post that 12 year olds shouldn't need STD protection from girls their own age. I have always associated condoms with STD protection. The pill is more widely used for pregnancy control(that I've seen).

might aswell get them into the habit of safe sex., in England STD are rife amongst the teenage community we also have the highest teenage pregnancy rate in europe.
mattbbpl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63 mattbbpl
Member since 2006 • 23051 Posts
[QUOTE="FFCYAN"]

[QUOTE="solidgamer"][QUOTE="FFCYAN"]Yeah, I forgot about that. Every girl I know that is sexually active uses the pill for that.

People are often born with STDs passed from mother to child. Also, are hormonal contraceptives approved for use by girls that young? I would think it might cause problems with development.
xhellcatx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#64 xhellcatx
Member since 2006 • 9015 Posts

[QUOTE="MushroomWig"]

[QUOTE="FFCYAN"]

Any doctor in their correct frame of mind would NOT put a 12 year old female child on the pill. Heck, many 12 year old girls dont even get their periods at that age! Im sorry but its just purely wrong. And, fyi, just cause a 12 year old hasnt had her period yet, doesnt mean she cant get pregnant. ..... and condoms can fail, and the pill can fail as well (has happened to my cousin). At that age, keep your trouser... worm.. doodle... in your pants!!
Adrianstalker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65 Adrianstalker
Member since 2008 • 1467 Posts

You puritans with your "whats the world coming too" comments. Its just sex, let the kids have some fun :P

Adrianstalker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66 Adrianstalker

It's very disturbing that boys need protection. From what?

FFCYAN

Look! A sex expertise

lightleggy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 65

#67 lightleggy
Member since 2008 • 16090 Posts
this world is so ****** up
lightleggy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68 lightleggy

You puritans with your "whats the world coming too" comments. Its just sex, let the kids have some fun :P

Adrianstalker
their 12 years old bodies are not ready for sex... and btw...who the hell said that you should give the pill to a 12 years old girl...that would most likely kill her along the baby... 12 years old is no age to have sex
entropyecho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69 entropyecho
Member since 2005 • 22053 Posts

Would a store clerk be breaking the law by selling 12 year-olds condoms if the age of consent is not 12?

scorch-62

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70 scorch-62
Member since 2006 • 29763 Posts
You puritans with your "whats the world coming too" comments. Its just sex, let the kids have some fun :PAdrianstalker
They're JUST 12 year olds.
xhellcatx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71 xhellcatx

Adrianstalker
May I ask your age, with No b.s. answer of what it is... honesty is a good thing.
mattbbpl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72 mattbbpl
[QUOTE="LZ71"][QUOTE="Stesilaus"]research found that not enough 12 to 14-year-old boys were having protected sex.MushroomWig

I disagree. At 12 years old children are incapable of physically, emotionally, financially, and/or socially of dealing with the consequences of sex if it doesn't turn out as they planned.
FFCYAN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73 FFCYAN

[QUOTE="FFCYAN"]

[QUOTE="MushroomWig"] A little thing called pregnancy, I thought that would be pretty obvious.

xhellcatx

Any doctor in their correct frame of mind would NOT put a 12 year old female child on the pill. Heck, many 12 year old girls dont even get their periods at that age! Im sorry but its just purely wrong. And, fyi, just cause a 12 year old hasnt had her period yet, doesnt mean she cant get pregnant. ..... and condoms can fail, and the pill can fail as well (has happened to my cousin). At that age, keep your trouser... worm.. doodle... in your pants!!

I never said 12 year old girls should be taking the pill. Furthermore, I stated 12 year old girls should not be suspect for STDs. However, I am fully aware that children can be afflicted with an STD at birth. What I am unaware of is that such children can go through adolencense without knowing said child has the illness. Yes, condoms and the pill could fail. The use or acceptance of condoms for 12 year old boys or girls is not going to solve anything. Parents should teach their kids more common sense and responsibility.

MushroomWig

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#74 MushroomWig
[QUOTE="MushroomWig"][QUOTE="LZ71"] They shouldn't be having sex AT ALL at that age.mattbbpl

I disagree. At 12 years old children are incapable of physically, emotionally, financially, and/or socially of dealing with the consequences of sex if it doesn't turn out as they planned.

Regardless, as long as they have their protection at least the girl can't get pregnent. :] A lot of older people can't seem to handle those issues either.
lightleggy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#75 lightleggy
[QUOTE="mattbbpl"][QUOTE="MushroomWig"] A person should be allowed to have sex whenever they feel ready.MushroomWig

Regardless, as long as they have their protection at least the girl can't get pregnent. :] A lot of older people can't seem to handle those issues either.

you seem to think that the only problem with sex is teen pregnancy...when its not...you need to open your eyes...12 years old...or even 15 years old kid, they shouldn't be around having sex...they do not have the psychological and physical preparation for it..
xhellcatx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#76 xhellcatx

[QUOTE="xhellcatx"][QUOTE="FFCYAN"]Yeah, I forgot about that. Every girl I know that is sexually active uses the pill for that.

FFCYAN

I never said 12 year old girls should be taking the pill. Furthermore, I stated 12 year old girls should not be suspect for STDs. However, I am fully aware that children can be afflicted with an STD at birth. What I am unaware of is that such children can go through adolencense without knowing said child has the illness. Yes, condoms and the pill could fail. The use or acceptance of condoms for 12 year old boys or girls is not going to solve anything. Parents should teach their kids more common sense and responsibility.

*quick hug and a cookie* ^_^ I wasnt attackin ya, just using your post as fuel for more info to provide is all. You are correct when you say that at 12 year old girl should not be suspect for STD's but very unfortunately in the society we live in today, and with the mere CONCEPT of "12 year old condoms"... you can be willing to bet that there are. Parents NEEEEEEEED to step up to the plate and be PARENTS.
Adrianstalker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#77 Adrianstalker

[QUOTE="Adrianstalker"]

xhellcatx

May I ask your age, with No b.s. answer of what it is... honesty is a good thing.

27, dates a woman 24, lost my virginity at 16.

I was half joking. My puritan comment was to counter the exaggeration, although I don't agree at all with 12 year old kids having sex.

I guess I take too much the biological factor of naked apes sex society based mammals such as us into consideration. :p

Im just saying better safe than sorry

Avatar image for RAMRODtheMASTER
RAMRODtheMASTER

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#78 RAMRODtheMASTER
Member since 2009 • 8107 Posts

That's hilarious.

RobboElRobbo
And ludicrously sad at at the same time. :P
Avatar image for deactivated-5b19214ec908b
deactivated-5b19214ec908b

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#79 deactivated-5b19214ec908b
Member since 2007 • 25072 Posts

is it really that hard to wait until your 16?

mattbbpl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#80 mattbbpl
[QUOTE="mattbbpl"][QUOTE="MushroomWig"] A person should be allowed to have sex whenever they feel ready.MushroomWig

Even disregarding the other problems associated with sex at a young age, condoms fail. They rip or tear, they fall off, they arrive defective... There's always a risk to sex and those engaging in it need to be prepared to handle the consequences if it goes south (no pun intended :P). I don't think a child at 12 is prepared to handle those consequences and shouldn't be expected to be able to handle them.
xhellcatx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#81 xhellcatx

[QUOTE="xhellcatx"][QUOTE="Adrianstalker"]

Adrianstalker

I was half joking. My puritan comment was to counter the exaggeration, although I don't agree at all with 12 year old kids having sex.

I guess I take too much the biological factor of naked apes sex society based mammals such as us into consideration. :p

Ok, NOW my respect grows a bit... but before... you had me shaking my head with complete sadness. Ok, you pose the "better safe then sorry" concept, but really, sex at that age is not safe even with the use of condoms. It can very much so effect the rest of your life, in more then one way... More then just pregnancy, more then just a disease... you may end up having adequacy issues.. always having to compare yourself to others, and tear apart your self esteem. Body image becomes even MORE of an issue, more kids become anorexic ect. cause they wanna 'look good in bed' .... yea it goes deeper and deeper. Sex isnt really "just for fun"... sex should be shared responsibly with someone that you really do love, and can handle the responsibilities that may or may not come with it. ... If i go more into it, I will probably get myself into trouble so ill stop here. *gives cookie* ^_^ lets be friends.
FFCYAN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#82 FFCYAN

*quick hug and a cookie* ^_^xhellcatx
I like hugs and cookies!:)

xhellcatx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#83 xhellcatx

[QUOTE="xhellcatx"]*quick hug and a cookie* ^_^FFCYAN

ME TEW! ^_^ lets be friends!! ... an im srus btw... :)
MushroomWig

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#84 MushroomWig
[QUOTE="lightleggy"][QUOTE="MushroomWig"][QUOTE="mattbbpl"] I disagree. At 12 years old children are incapable of physically, emotionally, financially, and/or socially of dealing with the consequences of sex if it doesn't turn out as they planned.

you seem to think that the only problem with sex is teen pregnancy...when its not...you need to open your eyes...12 years old...or even 15 years old kid, they shouldn't be around having sex...they do not have the psychological and physical preparation for it..

Again, the person can have sex whenever they like as long as THEY are ready, try not to decide their actions for them.
FFCYAN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#85 FFCYAN

[QUOTE="FFCYAN"]

[QUOTE="xhellcatx"]*quick hug and a cookie* ^_^xhellcatx

ME TEW! ^_^ lets be friends!! ... an im srus btw... :)

Sweet. *Tracks you*

Lobster_Ear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#86 Lobster_Ear
Member since 2005 • 5428 Posts

And how are you going to mandate that? Kids shouldn't be having sex at that age, but the cold hard truth is that some do, so they mine as well be knowledgeable about what they are doing and use protection. It definitely shouldn't be advertised or anything because it might provoke kids to try sex, but it's there for the kids who make the choice.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#87 deactivated-5b19214ec908b
[QUOTE="LZ71"][QUOTE="Stesilaus"]research found that not enough 12 to 14-year-old boys were having protected sex.Lobster_Ear

And how are you going to mandate that? Kids shouldn't be having sex at that age, but the cold hard truth is that some do, so they mine as well be knowledgeable about what they are doing and use protection. It definitely shouldn't be advertised or anything because it might provoke kids to try sex, but it's there for the kids who make the choice.

send the parents of children having under aged sex to prison. that will motivate them into being better parents
Adrianstalker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#88 Adrianstalker

[QUOTE="Adrianstalker"]

[QUOTE="xhellcatx"] May I ask your age, with No b.s. answer of what it is... honesty is a good thing.xhellcatx

Ok, NOW my respect grows a bit... but before... you had me shaking my head with complete sadness. Ok, you pose the "better safe then sorry" concept, but really, sex at that age is not safe even with the use of condoms. It can very much so effect the rest of your life, in more then one way... More then just pregnancy, more then just a disease... you may end up having adequacy issues.. always having to compare yourself to others, and tear apart your self esteem. Body image becomes even MORE of an issue, more kids become anorexic ect. cause they wanna 'look good in bed' .... yea it goes deeper and deeper. Sex isnt really "just for fun"... sex should be shared responsibly with someone that you really do love, and can handle the responsibilities that may or may not come with it. ... If i go more into it, I will probably get myself into trouble so ill stop here. *gives cookie* ^_^ lets be friends.

Good point :)

My main concern is indeed the emotional scars it might create to experience such complex act

I think that my better safe than sorry concept doesnt apply for having condoms avaible for kids, but rather proper education

xhellcatx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#89 xhellcatx
[QUOTE="LZ71"][QUOTE="Stesilaus"]research found that not enough 12 to 14-year-old boys were having protected sex.Lobster_Ear

Contradictions anyone?
lightleggy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#90 lightleggy
[QUOTE="MushroomWig"][QUOTE="lightleggy"][QUOTE="MushroomWig"] Regardless, as long as they have their protection at least the girl can't get pregnent. :] A lot of older people can't seem to handle those issues either.

Again, the person can have sex whenever they like as long as THEY are ready, try not to decide their actions for them.

there are some things that 12 years old kids are not ready to do...and sex is one of them...go ahead and ask any pshycologyst about that and you'll get the same answer...unless this kid is some ultra gifted boy with 4000 IQ and a ph.d on every single existing career, then yes he is ready...but in other case...a 12 years old kid is not ready for sex, like it or not.
T_P_O

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#91 T_P_O
Member since 2008 • 5388 Posts

[QUOTE="Lobster_Ear"][QUOTE="LZ71"] They shouldn't be having sex AT ALL at that age.toast_burner

send the parents of children having under aged sex to prison. that will motivate them into being better parents

I'd love to see you draw the actus reus and mens rea for that crime. Hell, I'd love to have you explain how on earth one can enforce that.

Lobster_Ear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#92 Lobster_Ear
Member since 2005 • 5428 Posts
[QUOTE="xhellcatx"][QUOTE="Lobster_Ear"][QUOTE="LZ71"] They shouldn't be having sex AT ALL at that age.

Contradictions anyone?

Where did I contradict myself?
T_P_O

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#93 T_P_O
[QUOTE="MushroomWig"][QUOTE="lightleggy"] you seem to think that the only problem with sex is teen pregnancy...when its not...you need to open your eyes...12 years old...or even 15 years old kid, they shouldn't be around having sex...they do not have the psychological and physical preparation for it..lightleggy

there are some things that 12 years old kids are not ready to do...and sex is one of them...go ahead and ask any pshycologyst about that and you'll get the same answer...unless this kid is some ultra gifted boy with 4000 IQ and a ph.d on every single existing career, then yes he is ready...but in other case...a 12 years old kid is not ready for sex, like it or not.

You don't have to be someone with a high IQ to understand the either the seriousness or the emotional side of sexual intercourse, which varies with each couple. There's no standard for "being ready to have sex".
xhellcatx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#94 xhellcatx

[QUOTE="xhellcatx"][QUOTE="Adrianstalker"]

Adrianstalker

Good point :)

My main concern is indeed the emotional scars it might create to experience such complex act

I think that my better safe than sorry concept doesnt apply for having condoms avaible for kids, but rather proper education

omg i wrote a bunch and it somehow deleted itsself i think... anyways... it was long what i said... but... my rant basically went on about how blah blah blah cause kids are educated about it they may do it, or do it because they are being rebellious, blah blah blah.... and parents who can control their kids or even ask for help to learn how to control them are being good parents, but parents who think their kids can do whatever society says needs to be slapped. ... blah blah blah... *eats comfort cookie cause her nice rant is gone* :(
xhellcatx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#95 xhellcatx
[QUOTE="Lobster_Ear"][QUOTE="xhellcatx"][QUOTE="Lobster_Ear"] And how are you going to mandate that? Kids shouldn't be having sex at that age, but the cold hard truth is that some do, so they mine as well be knowledgeable about what they are doing and use protection. It definitely shouldn't be advertised or anything because it might provoke kids to try sex, but it's there for the kids who make the choice.

Contradictions anyone?

Where did I contradict myself?

Where you said they should be made knowledgeable, but it shouldnt be advertised (which in essence, its the condom companies that fund the educational information/videos/ect) because the kids will be provoked. That is a contradiction.
xhellcatx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#96 xhellcatx
[QUOTE="lightleggy"][QUOTE="MushroomWig"] Again, the person can have sex whenever they like as long as THEY are ready, try not to decide their actions for them.T_P_O

You don't have to be someone with a high IQ to understand the either the seriousness or the emotional side of sexual intercourse, which varies with each couple. There's no standard for "being ready to have sex".

IQ has nothing to do with it, MATURITY has EVERYTHING to do with it.
Avian005

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 51

#97 Avian005
Member since 2009 • 4112 Posts

Yeah! That's fix everything!

T_P_O

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#98 T_P_O
[QUOTE="T_P_O"][QUOTE="lightleggy"] there are some things that 12 years old kids are not ready to do...and sex is one of them...go ahead and ask any pshycologyst about that and you'll get the same answer...unless this kid is some ultra gifted boy with 4000 IQ and a ph.d on every single existing career, then yes he is ready...but in other case...a 12 years old kid is not ready for sex, like it or not.xhellcatx

IQ has nothing to do with it, MATURITY has EVERYTHING to do with it.

You don't need to capsrage your replies. And how does that relate to my post?

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#99 deactivated-5b19214ec908b

[QUOTE="toast_burner"][QUOTE="Lobster_Ear"] And how are you going to mandate that? Kids shouldn't be having sex at that age, but the cold hard truth is that some do, so they mine as well be knowledgeable about what they are doing and use protection. It definitely shouldn't be advertised or anything because it might provoke kids to try sex, but it's there for the kids who make the choice.T_P_O

I'd love to see you draw the actus reus and mens rea for that crime. Hell, I'd love to have you explain how on earth one can enforce that.

if a child's attendance at school drops below 70-80% his/her parents can be sent to court.

they should do a similar thing with under aged sex

T_P_O

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#100 T_P_O

if a child's attendance at school drops below 70-80% his/her parents can be sent to court.

they should do a similar thing with under aged sextoast_burner

Yes, but how on earth are you going to get anyone to press charges for it? In that scenario you'd have the school alerting the authorities, but who's going to bring it to the attention of the police in this situation? Also, how do you the justify the actus reus of that? "It was the parents fault that the kids were having sex because they don't supervise them all day, everyday." It's not a just proposal, or a feasible one.