Student Suspended from Med School for Saying he's a White African American

• 112 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Tjeremiah1988

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#51 Tjeremiah1988
Member since 2003 • 16665 Posts
[QUOTE="jrhawk42"]

He's not technically right. Race is about genetic history not geography or nationality. Of course kicking him out of school, assaulting him, and vandalising his property over the statement is pretty effing stupid.

My guess is there's another side of this story where this guy is an ass, and justifiably kicked out for several reason none of which have to do w/ this comment.

meiaman
Pretty much. The comment must had been the water drop. And anyway a guy that calls himself african-american must be looking for some trouble... if you`re an American citizen, you`re American, point. No more discussion. I find calling people like African-american or something-american silly. Its practically trying to distingue the other person, because of his origin.

I feel that where ever you are from, thats who you are.
BohemianAndy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#53 BohemianAndy
Member since 2007 • 1413 Posts

I sure hope he wins. The school had no right to suspend him.

kingdre
Yep, it's just bloody ridiculous :|
DJ-Lafleur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#54 DJ-Lafleur
Member since 2007 • 35604 Posts

He's not technically right. Race is about genetic history not geography or nationality. Of course kicking him out of school, assaulting him, and vandalising his property over the statement is pretty effing stupid.

My guess is there's another side of this story where this guy is an ass, and justifiably kicked out for several reason none of which have to do w/ this comment.

jrhawk42

I certainly hope you're right...

Tjeremiah1988

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55 Tjeremiah1988

if he said he was African American,that would be fuc*ed up,like opposite of Michael Jackson :),but he said he was WHITE African American...so i dont understand the problem...

SerbWarrior
hes from Africa, hes African. Doesnt matter if hes white or black.
jrhawk42

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

#56 jrhawk42
Member since 2003 • 12764 Posts
Well ethnicity tracking is socially important, and beneficial. The whole African American thing is because people started using black as a negative term which was used to replace negro, because it had become a negative term. My guess it it'll be socially unacceptable to call some one African American in 20 years.
thequietguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#57 thequietguy
Member since 2008 • 2160 Posts

Well that is what he says got him suspended...

duxup
Yeah I find it hard to believe the United States is THAT racist in the 21st Century.
Hungry_Jello

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58 Hungry_Jello
Member since 2008 • 3024 Posts

[QUOTE="jrhawk42"]

meiaman

Pretty much. The comment must had been the water drop. And anyway a guy that calls himself african-american must be looking for some trouble... if you`re an American citizen, you`re American, point. No more discussion. I find calling people like African-american or something-american silly. Its practically trying to distingue the other person, because of his origin.

Saying African- American shows your roots and respect for where you came from. I'm an african boy born in america and I'm dam proud to be an African-American. Calling everyone with black skin black is stupid. There are black people from Haiti, Dominican Republic, South America, and Africa. What if we started calling every and anybody with white skin white? That would be stupid. There are Italian Americans, Russian Americans and etcetera. Us americans have roots.

Nifty_Shark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59 Nifty_Shark
Member since 2007 • 13137 Posts

He is a white African American so... this is rather funny that some people don't get it.

Tjeremiah1988

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60 Tjeremiah1988
[QUOTE="duxup"]

thequietguy
Yeah I find it hard to believe the United States is THAT racist in the 21st Century.

believe it.
Makemap

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#61 Makemap
Member since 2007 • 3755 Posts

Lol, Opposite world.

Tjeremiah1988

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62 Tjeremiah1988

[QUOTE="meiaman"][QUOTE="jrhawk42"]

Hungry_Jello

Calling everyone with black skin black is stupid. There are black people from Haiti, Dominican Republic, South America, and Africa. What if we started calling every and anybody with white skin white? .

Amen. All shades of color. Some people call my Dominican and Puerto Rican friends black when they clearly arent.

GabuEx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

#63 GabuEx
Member since 2006 • 36552 Posts

Saying African- American shows your roots and respect for where you came from. I'm an african boy born in america and I'm dam proud to be an African-American. Calling everyone with black skin black is stupid. There are black people from Haiti, Dominican Republic, South America, and Africa. What if we started calling every and anybody with white skin white? That would be stupid. There are Italian Americans, Russian Americans and etcetera. Us americans have roots.

Hungry_Jello

Yes, there are black people from Haiti, and other places, which is why calling them all "African-American" is so downright stupid. And, last I checked, we do call everyone with white skin white - when talking about their race.

If you're proposing we entirely stop classifying people by race altogether, I'm all for that - but using "African-American" as a synonym for "black" is just silly.

TBoogy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64 TBoogy
Member since 2007 • 4382 Posts

[QUOTE="Morning_Revival"]He couldve came from South Afrika...MoonMarvel
Or Mozambique.

There are white people all over Africa. Not just these two places. Kenya, Zimbabwe, etc.

Hungry_Jello

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65 Hungry_Jello

[QUOTE="Hungry_Jello"]

GabuEx

Yes, there are black people from Haiti, and other places, which is why calling them all "African-American" is so downright stupid. And, last I checked, we do call everyone with white skin white - when talking about their race.

If you're proposing we entirely stop classifying people by race altogether, I'm all for that - but using "African-American" as a synonym for "black" is just silly.

Thats pretty much what I tried to say in my post. Also that puttting African next to american is good because it shows where your roots are and that you respect em(hopefully). I'm proud to be African- American.

Also believe it or not, there are people with white skin that are latino, puerto rican, etc.

entropyecho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66 entropyecho
Member since 2005 • 22053 Posts

You can get suspended from Med School?

GabuEx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

#67 GabuEx
Member since 2006 • 36552 Posts

Also that puttting African next to american is good because it shows where your roots are and that you respect em(hopefully). I'm proud to be African- American.

Hungry_Jello

Yes, provided that you actually are from Africa. :P That's what I'm saying: not all black people are from Africa. And not all people from Africa are black. That's what makes the term even almost subtly offensive: it's implicitly saying that Africa is a continent of black people and that if you're black then you must be from Africa.

Also believe it or not, there are people with white skin that are latino, puerto rican, etc.

Hungry_Jello

Er, yes, I am aware of that. :P

Hungry_Jello

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68 Hungry_Jello

[QUOTE="Hungry_Jello"]

Also that puttting African next to american is good because it shows where your roots are and that you respect em(hopefully). I'm proud to be African- American.

GabuEx

Yes, provided that you actually are from Africa. :P That's what I'm saying: not all black people are from Africa. And not all people from Africa are black. That's what makes the term even almost subtly offensive: it's implicitly saying that Africa is a country of black people and that if you're black then you must be from Africa.

Hungry_Jello

Er, yes, I am aware of that. :P

Ok. It seems we agree.

thepwninator

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69 thepwninator
Member since 2006 • 8134 Posts
[QUOTE="duxup"]

thequietguy

I find it easy to believe that people in the United States can take political correctness to a level that goes well past the border of "ridiculous".
DJ-Lafleur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70 DJ-Lafleur

[QUOTE="thequietguy"][QUOTE="duxup"]

thepwninator

I find it easy to believe that people in the United States can take political correctness to a level that goes well past the border of "ridiculous".

Oh! So are you saying that all americans are incredible defensive and too politically correct? I guess we are all just a bunch of serious, defensive freaks to you. :x

I find your post rather offensive to all Americans, and i believe you owe us all an apology! :|

thepwninator

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71 thepwninator
Member since 2006 • 8134 Posts

[QUOTE="thepwninator"][QUOTE="thequietguy"] Yeah I find it hard to believe the United States is THAT racist in the 21st Century.DJ-Lafleur

Oh! So are you saying that all americans are incredible defensive and too politically correct? I guess we are all just a bunch of serious, defensive freaks to you. :x

I find your post rather offensive to all Americans, and i believe you owe us all an apology! :|

Note the fact that I did not say "all people in the United States". I simply said "people in the United States". There's a difference :P

There is most definitely a vocal, if not large, group of people who care waaaaaay too much about political correctness, though :P

DJ-Lafleur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72 DJ-Lafleur

Note the fact that I did not say "all people in the United States". I simply said "people in the United States". There's a difference :P

There is most definitely a vocal, if not large, group of people who care waaaaaay too much about political correctness, though :P

thepwninator

Yeah, I know, I'd agree , considering all the stupid lawsuits that seem to pop up in America. >_>

Tiefster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 37

#73 Tiefster
Member since 2005 • 14639 Posts

I guess all people who aren't black should gtfo out of Africa then. I mean an Egyptian citizen who becomes an American citizen is technically African American as well.

Connor24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#74 Connor24
Member since 2004 • 137 Posts

Humanity needs to evovle.

Andrew_Xavier

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#75 Andrew_Xavier
Member since 2007 • 9625 Posts

It's sick how being racist against white people is acceptible, he was born in africa, and moved to america, he is therefore african american. The people who put up mocking flyers, and damaged his car should be given classes on how racism harms society.

The humourous part is, I have of course been told that I could not possibly have faced racism/discrimination because I am white, the fact that my people have had a long history of being discriminated against (Polish Jewish), apprently doesn't count? Jewish people are still discriminated against for the record.

Tiefster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 37

#76 Tiefster
Member since 2005 • 14639 Posts

It's sick how being racist against white people is acceptible, he was born in africa, and moved to america, he is therefore african american. The people who put up mocking flyers, and damaged his car should be given classes on how racism harms society.

The humourous part is, I have of course been told that I could not possibly have faced racism/discrimination because I am white, the fact that my people have had a long history of being discriminated against (Polish Jewish), apprently doesn't count? Jewish people are still discriminated against for the record.

Andrew_Xavier
Yeah I never understood why people think white people aren't discriminated against. People who play race cards usually don't understand what happened in some cases, like how African tribal leaders sold their people. O well, they say ignorance is bliss.
TBoogy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#77 TBoogy
Member since 2007 • 4382 Posts

[QUOTE="Andrew_Xavier"]

Tiefster

Yeah I never understood why people think white people aren't discriminated against. People who play race cards usually don't understand what happened in some cases, like how African tribal leaders sold their people. O well, they say ignorance is bliss.

I think everyone knows that African's sold slaves. It is understood, just besides the point.

Andrew_Xavier

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#79 Andrew_Xavier
Member since 2007 • 9625 Posts
[QUOTE="Andrew_Xavier"]

Tiefster

Neither Country of my origins has had any history of slavery against black people. Neither Poland nor Canada. Poland abolished slavery in the 15th century, and Canada (once formed) abolished it (it has originally been an aboriginal practice, to trade slaves from other tribes between tribes), so that really can't come into play in either Country....but it does some how? We have, however, had synagogues defaced with nazi symbols and the irk (In Toronto...well, the GTA)...well, last week even :?
Brendissimo35

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 54

User Lists: 1

#80 Brendissimo35
Member since 2005 • 1934 Posts

For color, I like to use Brown, Pale, or Mixed as descriptors, to avoid confusion. For Heritage, it's quite simple, name where your ancestors came from. What is so hard about that?

SpaceMoose

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#81 SpaceMoose
Member since 2004 • 10789 Posts
That's a load of bull. I don't know what else to say about it. It's just so stupid on so many levels that I'm not even going to bother, lest I end up writing a 20 paragraph diatribe on cultural obsessions with meaningless categorizations.
topsemag55

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#82 topsemag55
Member since 2007 • 19063 Posts

I hope this guy wins, and gets a ton of cash from that rotten place. He should amend his lawsuit to have the head of the school fired as well.

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#83 LJS9502_basic  Online
Member since 2003 • 178857 Posts

Why does everyone assume he's telling the entire truth? I'm sure there is more to the story and the topic title is very one sided.

jimmyjammer69

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#84 jimmyjammer69
Member since 2008 • 12239 Posts

Why does everyone assume he's telling the entire truth? I'm sure there is more to the story and the topic title is very one sided.

LJS9502_basic
I agree... there's probably much more to this than we're hearing.
shinian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#85 shinian
Member since 2005 • 6871 Posts

Okey I'm in Med School. If what claims the ex-student is true then the NJ Med School is one messed up place.

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#86 LJS9502_basic  Online

[QUOTE="LJS9502_basic"]

jimmyjammer69

I agree... there's probably much more to this than we're hearing.

It's like watching tabloid television.....

Bourbons3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#87 Bourbons3
Member since 2003 • 24238 Posts
Its not his fault that he's a real African American. The colour of his skin has nothing to do with it. I hope he wins.
LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#88 LJS9502_basic  Online

Its not his fault that he's a real African American. The colour of his skin has nothing to do with it. I hope he wins.Bourbons3
Not you too.:(

RedCatBus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#89 RedCatBus
Member since 2009 • 25 Posts
So how many millions does he need for this?
Baranga

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#90 Baranga
Member since 2005 • 14217 Posts

LJS9502_basic

How come you and duxup always are the devil's advocates?

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#91 LJS9502_basic  Online

[QUOTE="LJS9502_basic"]

Baranga

How come you and duxup always are the devil's advocates?

I guess we don't accept one sided stories on face values. I prefer the facts.....

LittleHands134

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#92 LittleHands134
Member since 2008 • 1176 Posts
This politically correct garbage disgusts me. The world would be a much better place if people could just say what they wanted without needing to constantly censor themselves. People are too sensitive, it's just ridiculous.
MetallicaKings

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#93 MetallicaKings
Member since 2004 • 4781 Posts
[QUOTE="LittleHands134"]This politically correct garbage disgusts me. The world would be a much better place if people could just say what they wanted without needing to constantly censor themselves. People are too sensitive, it's just ridiculous.

u say that now, but look what happened to eric cartman
buckwildbob

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#94 buckwildbob
Member since 2009 • 113 Posts
it's racist african americans blowing a gasket fricken retards
bdum_pshhh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#95 bdum_pshhh
Member since 2009 • 1456 Posts
Hope the guy wins, If that were me, I'd be mega pissed.
Bourbons3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#96 Bourbons3
Member since 2003 • 24238 Posts

[QUOTE="Bourbons3"]Its not his fault that he's a real African American. The colour of his skin has nothing to do with it. I hope he wins.LJS9502_basic

Not you too.:(

Assuming he's not lying, he is technically African-American. Although I've never been enthusiastic about the term. But it will probably turn out that he was suspended for something else altogether. It wasn't a very detailed report.
david_lck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#97 david_lck
Member since 2005 • 3211 Posts

Thats taking racism to a whole new level, somehow i get the feeling i am only hearing one side of the story.

tagtag

DaBrainz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#98 DaBrainz
Member since 2007 • 7959 Posts

There has to be more to the story,his(the students) claims sound a little far fetched.

LosDaddie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 57

#99 LosDaddie
Member since 2006 • 10318 Posts

CAll me crazy, but I'd like to hear the Med School's side of the story as well.

I dunno....I guess I just have a difficult time believing people (especially educated people in med school) being so outraged over the term "White African American"

tofu-lion91

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#100 tofu-lion91
Member since 2008 • 13496 Posts

I sure hope he wins. The school had no right to suspend him.

kingdre
Agreed - he correctly described himself and the poor sod got harrassed, assaulted and eventually kicked out. It's disgraceful on the schools part for not only kicking him out but allowing that kind of behaviour to go on. The other students who harrassed him should be suspended, he should get money to repair his car and emotional damage and the school should not only take him back but apologise.