Star wars or Star Trek....which do you like better?

• 143 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Meinhard1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#101 Meinhard1
Member since 2010 • 6790 Posts

Star Wars - Two amazing movies. One mediocre. three crap. And a couple of ok cartoon shows

Star Trek - 4 amazing entirely different long running series that offered some of the best tv of all time. One ok tv series. Two really good movies, and a lot of crap ones.

Star Trek wins simply based on the amount of quality and content it has as a whole.

VendettaRed07
I agree with the gist of what you're saying. But ... both franchises have also been fleshed out a TON by videogames and books. So you'd need to take those into account as well, I suppose.
AFBrat77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#102 AFBrat77
Member since 2004 • 26848 Posts

[QUOTE="VendettaRed07"]

Star Wars - Two amazing movies. One mediocre. three crap. And a couple of ok cartoon shows

Star Trek - 4 amazing entirely different long running series that offered some of the best tv of all time. One ok tv series. Two really good movies, and a lot of crap ones.

Star Trek wins simply based on the amount of quality and content it has as a whole.

El_Zo1212o

What were the two amazing star wars and the two really good star trek movies?

I know this was addressed to Vendetta, but here's how I would answer:

Star Wars: Empire Strikes Back, Return of the Jedi

Star Trek: The Wrath of Khan, First Contact (However, I thought 4 and 6 were excellent as well)

The mediocre SW movie he mentioned might be the original "A New Hope", though I would upgrade it to good.

Hopefully, he/she will answer, curious now to see if I was close.

Thefatness16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#103 Thefatness16
Member since 2010 • 4673 Posts

Not a fan of Star Wars, but I can't stand looking at Star Trek.

Brendissimo35

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 54

User Lists: 1

#104 Brendissimo35
Member since 2005 • 1934 Posts

[QUOTE="Brendissimo35"]

Star Trek if you want to think. Star Wars if you want to sit back and enjoy the ride. I loved them both growing up, but it's star trek that I still watch old episodes of regularly. I have haven't marathoned the original SW trilogy in quite some time. Might have to do with all that BS remastering going on...

El_Zo1212o

What's your favorite Trek series?

The Next Generation, but Deep Space Nine is a close second place.

cousin_eddy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#105 cousin_eddy
Member since 2004 • 74681 Posts
A fan of both but..ended up voting star trek. TNG is just incredible.
AFBrat77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#106 AFBrat77

[QUOTE="El_Zo1212o"][QUOTE="Brendissimo35"]

Star Trek if you want to think. Star Wars if you want to sit back and enjoy the ride. I loved them both growing up, but it's star trek that I still watch old episodes of regularly. I have haven't marathoned the original SW trilogy in quite some time. Might have to do with all that BS remastering going on...

Brendissimo35

What's your favorite Trek series?

I definitely agree that those are the 2 best.....and I'm a guy who got my start with Star Trek in the 1970's re-runs of the original series. Much as I loved it, the 2 mentioned are flat-out better.

-RocBoys9489-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#107 -RocBoys9489-
Member since 2008 • 6336 Posts
Star Wars, although I loved the 2009 JJ Abrams movie
Avatar image for doomsdayrubbish
doomsdayrubbish

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#108 doomsdayrubbish
Member since 2012 • 32 Posts

I like both Star Wars and Star Trek both have their good points and bad points Star Wars seems to have more action than Star Trek but Star Trek seems to be more balanced between action and drama.On the videogame side of things Star Wars has alot more video game than Star Trek. The 2009 Star Trek was a good movie and i'm definitely going to see this year's Star Trek:Into Darkness when it's released in the cimemas at the Skycity Albany cinema that's attached to the Albany Westfield shopping mall since i live only 15 to 20 minutes from Albany NZ.

El_Zo1212o

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#109 El_Zo1212o
Member since 2009 • 6057 Posts

[QUOTE="Brendissimo35"]

[QUOTE="El_Zo1212o"] What's your favorite Trek series?AFBrat77

I definitely agree that those are the 2 best.....and I'm a guy who got my start with Star Trek in the 1970's re-runs of the original series. Much as I loved it, the 2 mentioned are flat-out better.

No love for Voyager? Captain Janeway crossed 70,000 lightyears of uncharted, hostile space with nothing more than her iron will and a pot of coffee! DS9 is my second, too.
El_Zo1212o

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#110 El_Zo1212o
[QUOTE="AFBrat77"]

[QUOTE="Brendissimo35"]

El_Zo1212o

No love for Voyager? Captain Janeway crossed 70,000 lightyears of uncharted, hostile space with nothing more than her iron will and a pot of coffee! DS9 is my second, too.

Hell, she was such a badass that Q wanted to hit that!
AFBrat77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#111 AFBrat77

[QUOTE="AFBrat77"]

[QUOTE="Brendissimo35"]

El_Zo1212o

Voyager was decent enough, so was Enterprise seasons 3 and 4, but I do think TNG and DS9 were a cut above.

zombehhhhh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#112 zombehhhhh
Member since 2011 • 456 Posts

Star Trek is awesome, especially the new one from my bud J.J. But Star Wars is awesome just because of the Jedis. Plus I love all the spinoff stories in comics, shows, games, etc. You don't see that as much with Trek.

SaudiFury

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

User Lists: 1

#113 SaudiFury
Member since 2007 • 8709 Posts

mmm I think i'd say overall Star Wars universe.

I loved the original trilogy, I can still enjoy the prequels even though they're really not that good. I've never stuck with any of the cartoons, though i did see the Star Wars Clone Wars cgi movie in theaters, which was basically an elaborate pilot for the cartoon series. Not much to say except their sci-fi-middle-eastern style music was pretty awesome.

the new Star Trek movies i really enjoy. As for the shows i love Deep Space 9 followed by Next Generation. the rest never really cared that much.

Avatar image for deactivated-5c8ff6a32bb23
deactivated-5c8ff6a32bb23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#114 deactivated-5c8ff6a32bb23
Member since 2012 • 3185 Posts
Spaceballs
Avatar image for hartsickdiscipl
hartsickdiscipl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#115 hartsickdiscipl
Member since 2003 • 14787 Posts

Star Wars easily(not counting the horrible prequels) The only good Star Trek movie was the JJ Abrams one. mems_1224

That movie doesn't even count as Star Trek. It was a disgrace. Totally lacked the soul of Trek. It was just a big-budget action movie.

hartsickdiscipl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#116 hartsickdiscipl

[QUOTE="El_Zo1212o"][QUOTE="AFBrat77"]

AFBrat77

Voyager was decent enough, so was Enterprise seasons 3 and 4, but I do think TNG and DS9 were a cut above.

We seem to agree on all things Trek except for Enterprise. I don't even consider that to be Star Trek. TOS, TNG, and DS9 are definitely the best series. Voyager was decent, but it was missing something.

SirWander

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#117 SirWander
Member since 2009 • 5176 Posts

Star Trek

I'll like TNG way more than I'll ever like any individual Star Wars movie.

AFBrat77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#118 AFBrat77

[QUOTE="AFBrat77"]

[QUOTE="El_Zo1212o"] No love for Voyager? Captain Janeway crossed 70,000 lightyears of uncharted, hostile space with nothing more than her iron will and a pot of coffee! DS9 is my second, too.hartsickdiscipl

We seem to agree on all things Trek except for Enterprise. I don't even consider that to be Star Trek. TOS, TNG, and DS9 are definitely the best series. Voyager was decent, but it was missing something.

Yeah, did you see Seasons 3 and 4 of Enterprise? Season 4 starts to slowly tie into the original series, and a 3-parter actually shows Data's "grandfather" (played by Brent Spiner) begin cybernetics experiments that would lead to androids, a tie-in to TNG.

hartsickdiscipl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#119 hartsickdiscipl

[QUOTE="hartsickdiscipl"]

[QUOTE="AFBrat77"]

AFBrat77

Yeah, did you see Seasons 3 and 4 of Enterprise? Season 4 starts to slowly tie into the original series, and a 3-parter actually shows Data's "grandfather" (played by Brent Spiner) begin cybernetics experiments that would lead to androids, a tie-in to TNG.

I must admit, I didn't watch much past season 2. The fact that the theme song is a Rod Stewart tune and the so-called "original Enterprise" looks like an Akira-class variant that belongs in the late 24th century turned me off to the premise. Scott Bakula is a terrible Captain, IMO. The overall quality of the actors used and the scripts just made me feel like I was watching a cheap space soap opera, and definitely not Star Trek.

El_Zo1212o

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#120 El_Zo1212o

[QUOTE="AFBrat77"]

[QUOTE="El_Zo1212o"] No love for Voyager? Captain Janeway crossed 70,000 lightyears of uncharted, hostile space with nothing more than her iron will and a pot of coffee! DS9 is my second, too.hartsickdiscipl

Maybe it was because Voyager was my first real Trek experience that didn't bore me to tears(I was just a kid when my dad used to watch TNG), but I always felt that Janeway and their crew had more interesting stories(and aliens) than the other shows. As far as Enterprise, I bought a Borg collection on DVD before the world of Netflix got its hooks into me, so when I found out that they had ret-conned the Borg, I was so upset that I haven't returned to the series. As far as the movies go, I still look to First Contact as the benchmark for all Trek films. Though I really liked the new Star Trek, and especially appreciated the fact that they underlined it as not being a reboot, but a very Star Trek-like time continuum screw job. On a related note: I'm going over Hercules: the Legendary Journeys and Xena: Warrior Princess on Netflix, so now I'm afraid that the next time I see Bones McCoy, I'll only be able to see him as Caesar.
sonyfreak456

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#122 sonyfreak456
Member since 2013 • 46 Posts
In my opinion, I think star trek's storyline was way too boring. Star Wars has both an entertaining and actiony storyline. STAR WARS ALL THE WAY!!!!!!!!!!!!! I want a Star Wars and Star Trek movie where both franchises meet.
seahorse123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#123 seahorse123
Member since 2012 • 1237 Posts
Star Trek... obviously.
Netherscourge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#124 Netherscourge
Member since 2003 • 16364 Posts

I don't see how either one is better than the other.

Both are amazingly deep and emotionally driven franchises.

Honestly, I couldn't live without both of them.

leviathan91

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#125 leviathan91
Member since 2007 • 7763 Posts

Star Wars but Star Trek is still great on its own merits.

comp_atkins

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#126 comp_atkins
Member since 2005 • 38691 Posts
i'd like either of them to explain how they have working gravity on all their ships....
theone86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#127 theone86
Member since 2003 • 22669 Posts

Don't make me choose!

Star Trek is undoubtedly my favorite TV series.  The movies (new ones don't count) don't hold up as good movies, but as a Trek fan I appreciate them.

Star Wars is awesome as well.  The movies are definitely better than the Trek movies, but as to if I like them better than the TV series, it's like comparing apples and oranges.

theone86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#128 theone86
Member since 2003 • 22669 Posts

i'd like either of them to explain how they have working gravity on all their ships.... comp_atkins

Star Trek ships have artifical gravity (in fact, I believe it's gone out on a few occasions), though they don't explain exactly how it works.  Star Wars, it's a bit more vague, though they were always less focused on the why of things and more on the cool factor.

JustBeYourself

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#129 JustBeYourself
Member since 2012 • 686 Posts
They're not that comparable. Star Trek is a more TV based series, Star Wars is more movie based.
Buckhannah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#130 Buckhannah
Member since 2013 • 715 Posts
Trek for now, because that prequel trilogy for Star Wars was just awful. Wars has the better potential, but absolutely awful execution.
eo_the_shaman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#131 eo_the_shaman
Member since 2009 • 1800 Posts

i have the Sith code tattooed on my side. enough said

Avatar image for deactivated-5c74ba2955026
deactivated-5c74ba2955026

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#132 deactivated-5c74ba2955026
Member since 2013 • 451 Posts

Love them both, but I love Star Wars more

Vari3ty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#133 Vari3ty
Member since 2009 • 11111 Posts

Love Star Wars, hate Star Trek. 

KHAndAnime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#134 KHAndAnime
Member since 2009 • 17565 Posts
I've loved Star Wars my whole life but just got into Star Trek within the last few years. I think I like Star Trek more. Star Wars is really action driven and everything that happens in the plot services the action more than anything else. Star Trek actually has some interesting characters, themes, and ideas.
TheFlush

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#135 TheFlush
Member since 2002 • 5965 Posts

Star Wars is a bit childish, too childish for my taste.

Riverwolf007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#136 Riverwolf007
Member since 2005 • 26023 Posts

both.

but they are not really comparable.

star trek is science fiction about people traveling in space and star wars is science fantasy about space wizards with magic sexually transmitted diseases.

famicommander

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#137 famicommander
Member since 2008 • 8524 Posts
Films: Star Wars Books: Star Wars Television: Star Trek Games: Star Wars
bnarmz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#138 bnarmz
Member since 2012 • 1372 Posts

I like Star Trex for its foresight in scientific contemplation, and Star Wars for its creative fantasy and drama.

ferrari2001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#139 ferrari2001
Member since 2008 • 17772 Posts
Star wars for the action/adventure and Star Trek for the story, character depth and universe.
Swanogt19

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#140 Swanogt19
Member since 2008 • 24159 Posts
Star Wars. Never took time to get involved with Star Trek.
VendettaRed07

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#141 VendettaRed07
Member since 2007 • 14012 Posts

[QUOTE="El_Zo1212o"][QUOTE="VendettaRed07"]

AFBrat77

What were the two amazing star wars and the two really good star trek movies?

I know this was addressed to Vendetta, but here's how I would answer:

Star Wars: Empire Strikes Back, Return of the Jedi

Star Trek: The Wrath of Khan, First Contact (However, I thought 4 and 6 were excellent as well)

The mediocre SW movie he mentioned might be the original "A New Hope", though I would upgrade it to good.

Hopefully, he/she will answer, curious now to see if I was close.

No A New Hope was amazing. I thought Return of the jedi was a huge let down. Not nearly as good as the first two. The story is a complete rehash, The Ewoks take every ounce of tension and drama out of the movie. They were supposed to be a planet of Wookies, and there was gonna be like an interesting story line of Chewbaka going back to his home planet and helping everyone interact to with the violent natives.. But no, George lucas say dollar signs and thought it would be more profitable to have a bunch of cute dumb little teddy bears run in and ruin the movie.

The whole Luke and Leia are brother and sister was a poor attempt at one upping how successful the "I am your father" reveal was. Even then they did it in a stupid way, they just said it with zero drama.

And Darth Vader goes from being the coolest badass in scifi movie history in Empire, to a complete wimp in the third. He has no backbone the whole movie, I don't know who took his testicles between those two movies. All Luke says really is "Dad I want you to be good again", and Vader gets all teary eyed and says "*sniff* its too late for me boy... bohohohooo"

Yoda and Obi-wan COMPLETELY say the opposite of everything they said in Empire, when they both tell luke "Don't seek revenge, or else you will become an agent of evil".. Then in the next movie they say "What do you mean youre not going to go kill vader? What kind of stupid weakling are you?..." WTF? 

Han Solo is basically comedic relief, so many bad jokes in the movie. The first two were timeless classics, but Return of the Jedi is just a dated action movie. 

I just hated it.

wolverine4262

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#142 wolverine4262
Member since 2004 • 20832 Posts
When I was younger, Star Wars. But, now I think I am more of a trekky. The world feels a lot more grounded and all the species have unique back stories. Star Wars has a bit more of a fantasy bent to it.
Ballroompirate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#143 Ballroompirate
Member since 2005 • 26695 Posts

Love both of them