So I just won 17k...

Avatar image for Sevenizz
Sevenizz

4095

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1 Sevenizz
Member since 2010 • 4095 Posts

I’m messing around here on the forums and on a site called playolg.ca (this is not an endorsement in any way) on my pc. This is an Ontario Canada gambling site. I thought I clicked the free mode to explore a game I want to play so I was making crazy big bets (like $50 a bet and using the risky gamble feature). I exit out of the game to try it for real and I notice my balance has largely increased (it was around $340 upon log in). Turns out I was playing the real mode and turned my $340 into just under 17k! What a great and scary surprise!

They should add a banner during free or real mode as to what you’re playing because this is quite dangerous. Had I lost my $340 I’d be pissed!

But...wow, just WOW!

Avatar image for horgen
Horgen

121378

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#2 Horgen  Moderator
Member since 2006 • 121378 Posts

Congrats! Spend it wisely!

Avatar image for madrocketeer
madrocketeer

6715

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 0

#3 madrocketeer
Member since 2005 • 6715 Posts

RNGesus smiled on you. Congrats.

Avatar image for speeny
Speeny

2065

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 13

User Lists: 4

#4 Speeny
Member since 2018 • 2065 Posts

Awesome. :)

Avatar image for watercrack445
watercrack445

1991

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#5 watercrack445
Member since 2017 • 1991 Posts

This is for real?

Avatar image for DEVILinIRON
DEVILinIRON

5130

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 0

#6 DEVILinIRON
Member since 2006 • 5130 Posts

Spend it... wisely.

Avatar image for mrbojangles25
mrbojangles25

44598

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 0

#8 mrbojangles25
Member since 2005 • 44598 Posts

Hey man, that's money you didn't have when you woke up today, so unless you're in dire straights you should spend it on what you want.*

Congratulations

*Although me personally, I'd buy some PC upgrades then with the 100 dollars I'd invest.

Avatar image for MirkoS77
MirkoS77

14567

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 0

#9 MirkoS77
Member since 2011 • 14567 Posts

I say treat yourself to a nice five star meal then save that shit for a rainy day.

Avatar image for horgen
Horgen

121378

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#10 Horgen  Moderator
Member since 2006 • 121378 Posts

@mrbojangles25 said:

Hey man, that's money you didn't have when you woke up today, so unless you're in dire straights you should spend it on what you want.*

Congratulations

*Although me personally, I'd buy some PC upgrades then with the 100 dollars I'd invest.

Personally... I am somewhat conflicted. 5K would probably be "used" as savings to increase my buffer for a rainy day. The remaining 12K. Using them on the mortgage would make a significant impact there and improve my current financial situation, however investing them in the stock marked might yield much more in the long run.

Avatar image for brimmul777
brimmul777

4169

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 41

User Lists: 2

#11 brimmul777
Member since 2011 • 4169 Posts

You've been Blessed. Alway's glad to hear some blue collar guy/woman win money like that,plus to do it honestly. Hope I'm not over stepping my bounds,but if I'd be you,don't make it a habit with online gambling. Happy for you buddy.

Avatar image for mrbojangles25
mrbojangles25

44598

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 0

#12  Edited By mrbojangles25
Member since 2005 • 44598 Posts

@horgen said:
@mrbojangles25 said:

Hey man, that's money you didn't have when you woke up today, so unless you're in dire straights you should spend it on what you want.*

Congratulations

*Although me personally, I'd buy some PC upgrades then with the 100 dollars I'd invest.

Personally... I am somewhat conflicted. 5K would probably be "used" as savings to increase my buffer for a rainy day. The remaining 12K. Using them on the mortgage would make a significant impact there and improve my current financial situation, however investing them in the stock marked might yield much more in the long run.

Yeah, sadly I don't own a home (California is great in a lot of ways, but housing is so expensive) because those are great investments.

I do invest in stocks and funds, though, I'd definitely put most of that 17k in there. I started maybe 2-3 years ago and it's a surprisingly enjoyable (and productive) hobby. I don't day trade, but it's just fun to move money around and make your money turn into more money.

Avatar image for horgen
Horgen

121378

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#13 Horgen  Moderator
Member since 2006 • 121378 Posts

@mrbojangles25 said:

Yeah, sadly I don't own a home (California is great in a lot of ways, but housing is so expensive) because those are great investments.

I do invest in stocks and funds, though, I'd definitely put most of that 17k in there. I started maybe 2-3 years ago and it's a surprisingly enjoyable (and productive) hobby. I don't day trade, but it's just fun to move money around and make your money turn into more money.

I still have to come over that getting started hurdle. It's a big one.

Avatar image for uninspiredcup
uninspiredcup

35539

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 85

User Lists: 2

#14 uninspiredcup  Online
Member since 2013 • 35539 Posts

Congrats. Use it wisely.

Avatar image for Gaming-Planet
Gaming-Planet

20042

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 0

#15 Gaming-Planet
Member since 2008 • 20042 Posts

Oh damn take that as a blessing.

Avatar image for crimsonbrute
CrimsonBrute

25502

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 12

User Lists: 0

#16 CrimsonBrute  Moderator
Member since 2004 • 25502 Posts

@Sevenizz:

Image result for zoidberg hey mr millionaire
Avatar image for comp_atkins
comp_atkins

35939

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 0

#17 comp_atkins
Member since 2005 • 35939 Posts

don't forget

Avatar image for ycdeo
ycdeo

2711

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 0

#18 ycdeo
Member since 2004 • 2711 Posts

buy yourself some games.