Share your scary stories with us....

This topic is locked from further discussion.

DavidianMH

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 DavidianMH
Member since 2011 • 1458 Posts

Here a just a few to start you off:

" You are home alone, and you hear on the news about the profile of a murderer who is on the loose. You look out the sliding glass doors to your backyard, and you notice a man standing out in the snow. He fits the profile of the murderer exactly, and he is smiling at you. You gulp, picking up the phone to your right and dialing 911. You look back out the glass as you press the phone to your ear, and notice he is much closer to you now. You then drop the phone in shock.

There are no footprints in the snow. It's his reflection"

"James Courtney and Michael Meehan, crew members of the S.S. Watertown, were cleaning a cargo tank of the oil tanker as it sailed toward the Panama Canal from New York City in December of 1924. Through a freak accident, the two men were overcome by gas fumes and killed. As was the custom of the time, the sailors were buried at sea off the Mexican coast on December 4.

But this was not the last the remaining crew members were to see of their unfortunate shipmates. The next day, before dusk, the first mate reported seeing the faces of the two men in the waves off the port side of the ship. They remained in the water for 10 seconds, then faded. For several days thereafter, the phantom-like faces of the sailors were clearly seen by other members of the crew in the water following the ship. On arrival in New Orleans, the ship's captain, Keith Tracy, reported the strange events to his employers, the Cities Service Company, who suggested he try to photograph the eerie faces. Captain Tracy purchased a camera for the continuing voyage. When the faces again appeared in the water, Captain Tracy took six photos, then locked the camera and film in the ship's safe. When the film was processed by a commercial developer in New York, five of the exposures showed nothing but sea foam. But the sixth showed the ghostly faces of the doomed seamen. The negative was checked for fakery by the Burns Detective Agency. After the ship's crew had been changed, there were no more reports of sightings."

"In Berlin, after World War II, money was short, supplies were tight, and it seemed like everyone was hungry. At that time, people were telling the tale of a young woman who saw a blind man picking his way through a crowd. The two started to talk. The man asked her for a favor: could she deliver the letter to the address on the envelope? Well, it was on her way home, so she agreed.

She started out to deliver the message, when she turned around to see if there was anything else the blind man needed. But she spotted him hurrying through the crowd without his smoked glasses or white cane. She went to the police, who raided the address on the envelope, where they found heaps of human flesh for sale.

And what was in the envelope? "This is the last one I am sending you today."

So, do you guys have any good ones? Please share them if you do :)

Overlord93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 Overlord93
Member since 2007 • 12602 Posts
Its a late night, you come home tired, and exhausted. Opening the front door with a bone chilling screech you throw your coat over the hand rail. You head into the kitchen to prepare yourself a drink, only the cold sound of the wind can be heard scratching trees against the windows... You walk upstairs...one...step...at.....a....time... When you reach the top you head into your room, its so dark, the shadows appear to move and twist as your eyes strain. You turn on your computer. The silence is broken by the fan spinning up. The sound clouds your awareness. You open your web browser,go to gamespot- [spoiler] "GAME OVER: you have been banned from gamespot for violating our terms of use. No continues, no restarts-game over. Please remember to treat our community respectfully and act responsibly, lest you end up flattened by The Banhammer. Always be excellent to each other." [/spoiler]
DavidianMH

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 DavidianMH
Member since 2011 • 1458 Posts

Its a late night, you come home tired, and exhausted. Opening the front door with a bone chilling screech you throw your coat over the hand rail. You head into the kitchen to prepare yourself a drink, only the cold sound of the wind can be heard scratching trees against the windows...
You walk upstairs...one...step...at.....a....time...
When you reach the top you head into your room, its so dark, the shadows appear to move and twist as your eyes strain.
You turn on your computer.
The silence is broken by the fan spinning up.
The sound clouds your awareness.
You open your web browser,go to gamespot-

[spoiler] "GAME OVER: you have been banned from gamespot for violating our terms of use. No continues, no restarts-game over. Please remember to treat our community respectfully and act responsibly, lest you end up flattened by The Banhammer. Always be excellent to each other." [/spoiler] Overlord93

My worst nightmare!:cry:

RaIn285

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#4 RaIn285
Member since 2010 • 3010 Posts

If you're ever alone and in bed at night, and the only thing that you can hear is yourself breathing heavily, try this: suddenly and randomly stop breathing.

You'll trip it up. Now you know it's there. And now it knows too.

Sleep well.

BiancaDK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 35

#5 BiancaDK
Member since 2008 • 19092 Posts

the minimum % of personal income taxes that i can get away with paying in my country is 42%, the highest 68%

surrealnumber5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#6 surrealnumber5
Member since 2008 • 23044 Posts

the minimum % of personal income taxes that i can get away with paying in my country is 42%, the highest 68%

BiancaDK

and it still was not enough. i am teh bestest story teller ever

madsnakehhh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#7 madsnakehhh
Member since 2007 • 18252 Posts

I have this old GC controller and one night around 2AM, i awoke to the sound of something, well i remember hearing the sound in my dreams but it didn't stop so i ended up awake, i didn't see anything but it was a very loud sound, like something hitting in my furniture i got close and the damn controller was vibrating and was hitting agains the wood, i took it and it didn't stop i looked at the console and it was off, i was like WTF, i had to disconnect it and it finally stopped, to this day i don't know why it did that, i mean is not like it was something supernatural or anything but i never heard of a similar case before, i had to admit i was uneasy that night, i still use the controller but it hasn't done anything like that again...

GC

pepsisafc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#8 pepsisafc
Member since 2011 • 478 Posts
you're all alone in bed , no one is around and no one is exspected to return soon you can't sleep so decide to watch a film. You put the laptop on and start to watch final destination 3 and are soon laughthing at the comedy/horror. When suddenly when it gets to the someone is walking behind you reprise a shadow appears behind you. So you quickly turn around and theres no one there.....
Avatar image for APiranhaAteMyVa
APiranhaAteMyVa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 APiranhaAteMyVa
Member since 2011 • 4160 Posts

Long time ago me and my brother Kyle... we was hitchhikin' down a long and lonesome road. All of a sudden, there shined a shiny demon... in the middle... of the road. And he said: "Play the best song in the world, or I'll eat your souls" Well me and Kyle,... we looked at each other, and we each said... "Okay."

And we played the first thing that came to our heads, Just so happened to be, The Best Song in the World, it was The Best Song in the World. Look into my eyes and it's easy to see One and one make two, two and one make three, It was destiny. Once every hundred-thousand years or so, When the sun doth shine and the moon doth glow and the grass doth grow oooh Needless to say, the beast was stunned.

Whip-crack went his whippet tail, And the beast was done. He asked us: "(snort) BE you angels?" And we said, "Nay. We are but men Rock!! 'Ti Tuga digga tu Gi Friba fligugibu Uh Fligugigbu Uh Di Ei Friba Du Gi Fligu fligugigugi Flilibili Ah (Bow) (Bow) (Bow) (Ooh) (Bow) (Bi) Fligu wene mamamana Sacrebleu!

noxboxlive

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 noxboxlive
Member since 2008 • 5856 Posts

One night i turned the radio on to only hear a shrill, horrific sound, and then turned it of noticing it was only linkin park.

iliatay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 iliatay
Member since 2008 • 1325 Posts

One christmas day, I recieve a package from my aunt in the mail only to find out it was a copy of Big Rigs.....

Still gives me shivers at night.

KamuiFei

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 24

#12 KamuiFei
Member since 2003 • 4334 Posts

Long ago, there was a fisherman along a river in Thailand. He was heading down river, however he become lost. He knew his way around this area before, but never has been lost. Searching for shelter for the night he come across this small cabin. He enters the cabin and he sees this old lady. The old lady greets him and the fisherman asks if he may stay the night. The old lady agrees, she even feeds him a hot meal and offers him a bed.

Upon waking up the next day, the fisherman looks around the cabin and sees no one around, any candles lit were burnt out, any pots near the hearth, gone. It was barren inside. He approaches the wood door to leave, til he felt something touch his back. He turns around... a shrieking ghost, screaming and wailing with dread, paralyzes the man with fear. He couldn't move, couldn't comprehend this vision he saw... It kills him, the shock stops his heart.

Eventually a search party formed, knowing where this fisherman usually fishes, they searched the whole area, they find nothing, no corpse, no cabin...Only the boat along the river's edge.

P.S.- This is based on a true story.

dukebd699

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#13 dukebd699
Member since 2006 • 12054 Posts
[QUOTE="KamuiFei"]

Long ago, there was a fisherman along a river in Thailand. He was heading down river, however he become lost. He knew his way around this area before, but never has been lost. Searching for shelter for the night he come across this small cabin. He enters the cabin and he sees this old lady. The old lady greets him and the fisherman asks if he may stay the night. The old lady agrees, she even feeds him a hot meal and offers him a bed.

Upon waking up the next day, the fisherman looks around the cabin and sees no one around, any candles lit were burnt out, any pots near the hearth, gone. It was barren inside. He approaches the wood door to leave, til he felt something touch his back. He turns around... a shrieking ghost, screaming and wailing with dread, paralyzes the man with fear. He couldn't move, couldn't comprehend this vision he saw... It kills him, the shock stops his heart.

Eventually a search party formed, knowing where this fisherman usually fishes, they searched the whole area, they find nothing, no corpse, no cabin...Only the boat along the river's edge.

If it's true and they found nothing but the boat, how did they know there was a cabin that he went into or that he saw a ghost?
KamuiFei

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 24

#14 KamuiFei
Member since 2003 • 4334 Posts

[QUOTE="KamuiFei"]

dukebd699

If it's true and they found nothing but the boat, how did they know there was a cabin that he went into or that he saw a ghost?

Theres apparently similar stories told by people who actually witness these events and some who survived. My friend's mother who is 100% Thai, tells my friend some of these stories stem from ghosts who died in the jungles and haunt them. People claim they sees these ghosts, and things like cabins, campfires and anything else as a sign of civilization draw people who become lost within the jungles and attempt to haunt them.

Because I fully believe in ghosts and the jungles in Thailand are a harsh environment, I'm inclined to believe this is very possible. :)

Avatar image for PsychoRedFox666
PsychoRedFox666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 PsychoRedFox666
Member since 2007 • 2081 Posts

You tell someone your SS number and it comes up as someone else. :( Welcome to fraud hell.

MissLibrarian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#16 MissLibrarian
Member since 2008 • 9589 Posts

[QUOTE="Overlord93"]Its a late night, you come home tired, and exhausted. Opening the front door with a bone chilling screech you throw your coat over the hand rail. You head into the kitchen to prepare yourself a drink, only the cold sound of the wind can be heard scratching trees against the windows...

When you reach the top you head into your room, its so dark, the shadows appear to move and twist as your eyes strain.

"GAME OVER: you have been banned from gamespot for violating our terms of use. No continues, no restarts-game over. Please remember to treat our community respectfully and act responsibly, lest you end up flattened by The Banhammer. Always be excellent to each other." DavidianMH

Oh wow that IS spooky! :shock:

commonfate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 commonfate
Member since 2010 • 13320 Posts

[QUOTE="DavidianMH"][QUOTE="Overlord93"]Its a late night, you come home tired, and exhausted. Opening the front door with a bone chilling screech you throw your coat over the hand rail. You head into the kitchen to prepare yourself a drink, only the cold sound of the wind can be heard scratching trees against the windows...

"GAME OVER: you have been banned from gamespot for violating our terms of use. No continues, no restarts-game over. Please remember to treat our community respectfully and act responsibly, lest you end up flattened by The Banhammer. Always be excellent to each other." MissLibrarian

Oh wow that IS spooky! :shock:

You jinxed him!

Evil_Saluki

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

#18 Evil_Saluki
Member since 2008 • 5217 Posts

A young woman lives with her father just outside of a small town in New Mexico. One day they decide to dig up an old boarded up well in the outskirts of their property in hopes of finding a source of water. After removing the covers they decide to tie a flashlight to some rope and lower it down the well to see how deep it goes, as the flashlights disappears from sight, they are surprised to feel a sudden tug on the rope. They pull the rope back up, then discover the flashlight has been replaced with a single gold ingot tied to the rope. Overjoyed at their discovery the farther decides to head to town to pick up more flashlights, he orders his daughter to stay away from the well and that he will be back before evening.

While he's away, the daughter decides against her fathers wishes and pays a visit to the old well. This time she lowers an English dictionary along with a sliced of ham. She lowers the rope then after a short while there is the tug again. She pulls the rope back up and again she sees the junk have been replaced by gold and jewles and also a note which reads "Thank you for the delicious meat". She takes the jewles, just as her father returns from the town, with a tow truck containing a cargo of flashlights. He lures them down the well in a box using the tow cable, eagerly anticipating his reward. Shortly after, there is a violent tug on the cable. Pulling the cable back up they discover the crate to be smashed, with the flashlights inside destroyed. Enraged the father shouts to the girl to bring his shotgun. He storms into the outhouse, preparing to venture down the well he dons his hazard suit and a gas mask. After taking the gun from his daughter he tells her to lower him down the well, standing on the remaining plants of the crate. Doing as she's told, she begins to lower him down.

10 minutes pass without a sound, then there is a sharp tug at the cable. Quickly she lures the cable back up, somewhat concerned with her fathers plan. She is delighted when she sees he is still standing on the crate, alive and safe, yet remaining motionless in his hazard suit. Anxiously she approaches her father who still remains still. She reaches over to place a hand on his shoulder, then as she does so the suit collapses in on itself, gold and jewels spewing from the sleeves and crevises. Horrified she collapses to her knees, where among the pile of treasure she finds a note which reads "Thank you for the delicious meat".

Avatar image for 19elderscroll86
19elderscroll86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 19elderscroll86
Member since 2011 • 751 Posts

Since I have seen ghosts since I was 6 i will tell you the scariest one i have seen. I lived in colorado a few years back with my dad and his house has a few spirits but one bad one we call the black lady. She is about 6 feet tall and all you see is a black figure when you see her, one night I was watching tv before bed and my tv shut off, then I could hear something pacing outside my door. My door started banging so loudly I thought it was going to break, then it flew open and she was standing there, I wa somehow paralyzed in my bed and could not scream, she started floating towards me and she dissapeared right before she got to my bed. She still messes with my sister there in the house and my sisters friend wachted her crawl across the floor one night.

ZEYAAM898

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#20 ZEYAAM898
Member since 2009 • 1921 Posts
Ok so its 1:03 A.M. here. So Start storytelling!
gamerguru100

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#21 gamerguru100
Member since 2009 • 12718 Posts

Since I have seen ghosts since I was 6 i will tell you the scariest one i have seen. I lived in colorado a few years back with my dad and his house has a few spirits but one bad one we call the black lady. She is about 6 feet tall and all you see is a black figure when you see her, one night I was watching tv before bed and my tv shut off, then I could hear something pacing outside my door. My door started banging so loudly I thought it was going to break, then it flew open and she was standing there, I wa somehow paralyzed in my bed and could not scream, she started floating towards me and she dissapeared right before she got to my bed. She still messes with my sister there in the house and my sisters friend wachted her crawl across the floor one night.

19elderscroll86
I got chills, no joke.
cjek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 cjek
Member since 2003 • 14327 Posts
This just happened to me, and I'm still shaking now. I went over to the light switch, and turned it off. Suddenly, the room was filled with darkness. I literally couldn't see a thing. Thankfully I managed to locate the switch again, and light was restored. I sure won't be sleeping tonight.