Shape Shifting or Super Strength: If you had to choose..

• 71 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Angie7F

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#51 Angie7F
Member since 2011 • 1175 Posts

If I were super hot, I wouldne need super powers. I will get some one with super powers to do the lifitng for me.

shellcase86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#52 shellcase86
Member since 2012 • 6857 Posts

Shapeshifting all day, plus that would seem more lucrative. With Superman strength you'll end up killing folks on accident.

comp_atkins

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#53 comp_atkins
Member since 2005 • 38696 Posts

[QUOTE="mrbojangles25"]

your shapeshifting rules have severely limited it to an obvious choice of choosing super "strength" a la superman (i.e. invincibility, super speed, super strength, etc).  The way you have it laid out, shapeshifting is a gimmick, superstrength is true power...not very fair.

IMO, true shapeshifting is genuine mastery of ones own body and the ability to change not just the shape, but the composition of it as well.  So not only could I change shape into someone else or something else (a giraffe, a horse, a fish, etc), but I could also:

-"refresh" my body as needed in order to prevent aging, i.e. shapeshift myself a new liver, heart, add some stuff to my blood to get cholesterol out of my arteries, etc

-change the general makeup of my body, i.e. give myself kevlar and steel woven skin and nightvision eyes, or lungs that can spit fire or acid.

-give myself an immortality gene or something, whatever you want to call it.  In essence, anytime I suffer a mortal wound and "die", my body regenerates.  So long as there is a single cell of me left, I can survive.

-add to this the various perks and, yes, gimmicks of being a shapeshifter and in my view of being a shapeshifter, I'd totally choose that over superstrength.

Tropictrain

Now let's assume for a moment that the way you envisioned a shape shifter was added to the list, but you require intimate knowledge of the atomic level in order to actually master it. It doesn't make sense to me to just be able to imagine something and then become it. You should need to know the composition and atomic structure of the material you want to become. That's what you'd be creating and rearranging after all in order to change your shape. If you want to become a dog, you need to a dog inside and out before you change into it. You want to breathe fire? Design a system inside your body that will enable you to safely breath fire. It'd be too much work to be worth it in my opinion.  

i don't think a chameleon or cephalopod has advanced knowledge of light and optics. it's something it can do naturally. the same would apply to shape shifting.
Commander-Gree

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#54 Commander-Gree
Member since 2009 • 4929 Posts
Super strength. I thought at first by shapeshifting you meant changing into animals, which would be awesome.
Teenaged

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#55 Teenaged
Member since 2007 • 31764 Posts

Shape-shifting.

On that note, can I have more details on penis enlargement? What are my options? Can I make it bigger without jeopardizing erection?

-Vulpix-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#56 -Vulpix-
Member since 2008 • 2564 Posts

Shape-shifting, probably would turn into a dragon, then leave it at that.

Tropictrain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57 Tropictrain
Member since 2010 • 4863 Posts

[QUOTE="Tropictrain"]

[QUOTE="mrbojangles25"]

your shapeshifting rules have severely limited it to an obvious choice of choosing super "strength" a la superman (i.e. invincibility, super speed, super strength, etc).  The way you have it laid out, shapeshifting is a gimmick, superstrength is true power...not very fair.

IMO, true shapeshifting is genuine mastery of ones own body and the ability to change not just the shape, but the composition of it as well.  So not only could I change shape into someone else or something else (a giraffe, a horse, a fish, etc), but I could also:

-"refresh" my body as needed in order to prevent aging, i.e. shapeshift myself a new liver, heart, add some stuff to my blood to get cholesterol out of my arteries, etc

-change the general makeup of my body, i.e. give myself kevlar and steel woven skin and nightvision eyes, or lungs that can spit fire or acid.

-give myself an immortality gene or something, whatever you want to call it.  In essence, anytime I suffer a mortal wound and "die", my body regenerates.  So long as there is a single cell of me left, I can survive.

-add to this the various perks and, yes, gimmicks of being a shapeshifter and in my view of being a shapeshifter, I'd totally choose that over superstrength.

comp_atkins

Now let's assume for a moment that the way you envisioned a shape shifter was added to the list, but you require intimate knowledge of the atomic level in order to actually master it. It doesn't make sense to me to just be able to imagine something and then become it. You should need to know the composition and atomic structure of the material you want to become. That's what you'd be creating and rearranging after all in order to change your shape. If you want to become a dog, you need to a dog inside and out before you change into it. You want to breathe fire? Design a system inside your body that will enable you to safely breath fire. It'd be too much work to be worth it in my opinion.  

i don't think a chameleon or cephalopod has advanced knowledge of light and optics. it's something it can do naturally. the same would apply to shape shifting.

A chameleon has limited options for what it can become. It's only changing its outward appearance, not its abilities. Which is why if we limited it to changing into other humans, I'd find it believable that the advanced knowledge wouldn't be necessary. However, if we open it up so that you can become absolutely anything and giving yourself your own super powers then I don't think it makes any sense that you can do it naturally without knowing what you're doing. That sounds more like magic if you can just become anything you can imagine. And interesting super powers are grounded in science fiction and are at least a little believable. 

foxhound_fox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#58 foxhound_fox
Member since 2005 • 98532 Posts
The powers of Superman without the weaknesses? Really? There is no choice if that is the option.
branketra

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 9

#59 branketra
Member since 2006 • 51726 Posts

[QUOTE="BranKetra"][QUOTE="Tropictrain"]

The fact that a superhero exists that has both powers is also irrelevant to the topic of this thread. The OP never implied that a hero didn't exist that had them all, he was merely asking us to choose which one we would prefer to have. 

Tropictrain

The topic creator is asking if we needed to choose one, but we do not because someone already got both.

But you don't have both. And that's the topic of discussion. Not the Martian Manhunter. The Manhunter doesn't need to choose, but you do. 

If one can do something, two can.
gago-gago

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#60 gago-gago
Member since 2009 • 12138 Posts
I voted shape shifting at first because I was thinking of shape shifting to a CEO or something and go to the bank and withdraw hella money or even shape shift into someone's husband and do things with the wife. But I'll go with super strength and would do good deeds with my strength.
FastEddie2121

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61 FastEddie2121
Member since 2009 • 3081 Posts
Does one or the other live longer?
Leejjohno

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62 Leejjohno
Member since 2005 • 13897 Posts

Shape shifting...

Being super strong would only be useful if you needed to open a bottle once you get into a relationship when you boil down to it.

Tropictrain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63 Tropictrain
Member since 2010 • 4863 Posts

[QUOTE="Tropictrain"]

[QUOTE="BranKetra"]The topic creator is asking if we needed to choose one, but we do not because someone already got both.BranKetra

But you don't have both. And that's the topic of discussion. Not the Martian Manhunter. The Manhunter doesn't need to choose, but you do. 

If one can do something, two can.

If you're a martian... But you're not a martian. 

Avatar image for The_Gaming_Baby
The_Gaming_Baby

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 117

User Lists: 52

#64 The_Gaming_Baby
Member since 2010 • 6425 Posts

Super Strength. I would never be bored again

ZEYAAM898

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#65 ZEYAAM898
Member since 2009 • 1921 Posts
Shapeshifter, I would eat alot and use the excess energy to change the shape of my intermolecular structure so that it is ultra strong and that way i can be powerful and somewhat invincible, plus I can look better.
m25105

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66 m25105
Member since 2010 • 3135 Posts
What's the point of shape shifting into a bear if I don't get the bears powers? Super strength for me.
Nibroc420

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67 Nibroc420
Member since 2007 • 13571 Posts
[QUOTE="BranKetra"]The Martian Manhunter is as strong as Superman and can shape shift. Just saying

He's not as strong as superman... He's just strong.
TwistedShade

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68 TwistedShade
Member since 2012 • 3139 Posts

[QUOTE="BranKetra"]The Martian Manhunter is as strong as Superman and can shape shift. Just sayingNibroc420

Probably Stronger than Superman, by a long shot to.

crazyguy111

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69 crazyguy111
Member since 2013 • 406 Posts

Think deeply about the life you want to lead today and the impact your choice would make on that life before choosing.

Which super power would you choose if given the chance?

Super Strength

Exactly like Superman but without the kryptonite weakness. So, shear power, invincibility and yes, you can also fly & move fast too.

Shape Shifting

You have the ability, at anytime, to change your looks slightly or drastically as much as you want, e.g. enhance features you dislike about your body / face / voice, look like a celebrity, do pranks, change gender, never look old as you grow old, etc..

Edit: Of course you could make yourself look buff when shape shifting, but your strength stays the same when you shape shift, unless you increase it by normal means (i.e. excercise). 

And you could increase / reduce your volume as well, but within the limits of human capacity (I.e. not to an unrealistic giant, or tiny fairy). e.g. you could increase your height and body mass as tall & big as humanly possible. And no shape shifting to other than human form.

Mystery_Writer
I would do shape shifting, I would give myself a better jawline and make myself 3 inches taller. You can't control those things without surgery. I workout anyways, and I would consider my self to be somewhat strong already. Plus you can control your strength to some extent via exercise and diet. You can't control facial aesthetics or height.
branketra

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 9

#70 branketra
Member since 2006 • 51726 Posts
[QUOTE="Nibroc420"][QUOTE="BranKetra"]The Martian Manhunter is as strong as Superman and can shape shift. Just saying

Actually, the Martian Manhunter is nearly as strong as Superman unless you are talking about Superman Prime or Superman One Million. The Silver Age Superman also outclasses the Martian Manhunter in strength.
Nibroc420

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71 Nibroc420
Member since 2007 • 13571 Posts

Actually, the Martian Manhunter is nearly as strong as Superman unless you are talking about Superman Prime or Superman One Million. BranKetra

I was.

Superman isn't like some digimon, once he's already done absorbing 100 million years of sunlight to supercharge himself, it's not like he turns back into regular superman.