Shape Shifting or Super Strength: If you had to choose..

• 71 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Mystery_Writer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1 Mystery_Writer
Member since 2004 • 8351 Posts

Think deeply about the life you want to lead today and the impact your choice would make on that life before choosing.

Which super power would you choose if given the chance?

Super Strength

Exactly like Superman but without the kryptonite weakness. So, shear power, invincibility and yes, you can also fly & move fast too.

Shape Shifting

You have the ability, at anytime, to change your looks slightly or drastically as much as you want, e.g. enhance features you dislike about your body / face / voice, look like a celebrity, do pranks, change gender, never look old as you grow old, etc..

Edit: Of course you could make yourself look buff when shape shifting, but your strength stays the same when you shape shift, unless you increase it by normal means (i.e. excercise). 

And you could increase / reduce your volume as well, but within the limits of human capacity (I.e. not to an unrealistic giant, or tiny fairy). e.g. you could increase your height and body mass as tall & big as humanly possible. And no shape shifting to other than human form.

SirWander

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#2 SirWander
Member since 2009 • 5176 Posts

Super strength. That way I can be cool guy that doesnt afraid of anything.

comp_atkins

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#3 comp_atkins
Member since 2005 • 38683 Posts
shape shifting. you could basically become invisible, go wherever you want, etc..
Diablo-B

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#4 Diablo-B
Member since 2009 • 4063 Posts
... never grow old, etc...Mystery_Writer
SO shape shifting will give me the fountain of youth? So if no one kills me I will live forever? Well that makes it an easy decision.
Mystery_Writer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 Mystery_Writer
[QUOTE="Mystery_Writer"]... never grow old, etc...Diablo-B
SO shape shifting will give me the fountain of youth? So if no one kills me I will live forever? Well that makes it an easy decision.

you would die of old age, but you won't look old when your time comes.
cain006

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 38

#6 cain006
Member since 2008 • 8625 Posts

Is this shape shifting like I can become an elephant or fly? Or shapeshifting like I can look like another person.

Avatar image for deactivated-5c8ff6a32bb23
deactivated-5c8ff6a32bb23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 deactivated-5c8ff6a32bb23
Member since 2012 • 3185 Posts
I would shape shift into a super human and have super strength.
konvikt_17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#8 konvikt_17
Member since 2008 • 22378 Posts

Shapeshifting would be fun

if-you-know-what-i-mean-420x250.png

Mystery_Writer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Mystery_Writer

Is this shape shifting like I can become an elephant or fly? Or shapeshifting like I can look like another person.

cain006
No, just humans, but you could increase / reduce your volume as well, but within the limit of human capacity (I.e. not to an unrealistic giant, or tiny fairy). e.g. you could increase your height and body mass as tall & big as humanly possible.
SirWander

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 SirWander
Member since 2009 • 5176 Posts

superboy_gif_by_foxxling-d3cfvw2.gif

Ripping tanks apart, bitches!

branketra

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 9

#11 branketra
Member since 2006 • 51726 Posts
The Martian Manhunter is as strong as Superman and can shape shift. Just saying
cain006

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 cain006

Hmm I say shapeshifting. I imagine most people would want to say super strength. Invulnerability is pretty kickass.

TwistedShade

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 TwistedShade
Member since 2012 • 3139 Posts

Shape Shifting. Would be an even easier choice if I could also shift into animals/etc but you didn't specify so I assume no.

(Edit) Lol I didn't read all of it. :P

konvikt_17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 konvikt_17
Member since 2008 • 22378 Posts

Hmm I say shapeshifting. I imagine most people would want to say super strength. Invulnerability is pretty kickass.

cain006

instant boobies to play with beats super strength anyday;)

Swanogt19

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#16 Swanogt19
Member since 2008 • 24159 Posts
Shape Shifting.
cain006

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 cain006

The Martian Manhunter is as strong as Superman and can shape shift. Just sayingBranKetra
How come Martian Manhunter is so powerful? Because obviously every Martian can't be as powerful as him, that would just be silly.

comp_atkins

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 comp_atkins
Member since 2005 • 38683 Posts
wait.. only shape shifting to human forms? that's no fun.
TwistedShade

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 TwistedShade
Member since 2012 • 3139 Posts

[QUOTE="BranKetra"]The Martian Manhunter is as strong as Superman and can shape shift. Just sayingcain006

How come Martian Manhunter is so powerful? Because obviously every Martian can't be as powerful as him, that would just be silly.

Every Martian would have been as powerful as him, but I believe he's the only one left in the JL series. Ofcourse Young Justice contradicts that so i'm not quite sure.

Shottayouth13-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 Shottayouth13-
Member since 2009 • 7018 Posts
Super strength. F*ck the gym.
Capitan_Kid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 Capitan_Kid
Member since 2009 • 6700 Posts
Shapeshifting. I'd be able to do whatever I want and noone would be able to catch me.
megagene

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 megagene
Member since 2005 • 23160 Posts
Shapeshifting. I'd be able to do whatever I want and noone would be able to catch me.Capitan_Kid
If you had super strength and were invincible, nobody would be able to catch you either. :o Unless you're referring to to nobody being able to identify you as the culprit.
Tropictrain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 Tropictrain
Member since 2010 • 4863 Posts

I have to go with super strength. If I had powers I would actually want to use them to help people. And those powers would be far more useful. "looking hot" would not be of any benefit to me anyway. With my super strength and speed I'd be a celebrity. I won't need to look hot. 

johnd13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 johnd13
Member since 2011 • 11126 Posts

Shape shifting. Stealth approach ftw!

MonoSilver

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 MonoSilver
Member since 2013 • 1392 Posts
Super strength. I'd like to be able to throw cars at buildings. :D
Avatar image for deactivated-5e97585ea928c
deactivated-5e97585ea928c

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 deactivated-5e97585ea928c
Member since 2006 • 8521 Posts
If it was true shape-shifting that would be a lot stronger than superhuman strength any day, but OP said only human forms. So that's dumb and im changing it to anything and picking shape-shifting anyway. Someone tries to beat me up i turn into a chlorine gas cloud.
tryagainlater

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

#27 tryagainlater
Member since 2005 • 7446 Posts

Whenever I consider what special powers I would want, the main factors I consider is what it can do for my sexy time and shape shifting definitely takes the cake on this one.

GreySeal9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 41

#28 GreySeal9
Member since 2010 • 28247 Posts

This is easy. Being a shape shifter would allow you to shape shift into something with super strength.

mrbojangles25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#29 mrbojangles25
Member since 2005 • 58402 Posts

your shapeshifting rules have severely limited it to an obvious choice of choosing super "strength" a la superman (i.e. invincibility, super speed, super strength, etc).  The way you have it laid out, shapeshifting is a gimmick, superstrength is true power...not very fair.

IMO, true shapeshifting is genuine mastery of ones own body and the ability to change not just the shape, but the composition of it as well.  So not only could I change shape into someone else or something else (a giraffe, a horse, a fish, etc), but I could also:

-"refresh" my body as needed in order to prevent aging, i.e. shapeshift myself a new liver, heart, add some stuff to my blood to get cholesterol out of my arteries, etc

-change the general makeup of my body, i.e. give myself kevlar and steel woven skin and nightvision eyes, or lungs that can spit fire or acid.

-give myself an immortality gene or something, whatever you want to call it.  In essence, anytime I suffer a mortal wound and "die", my body regenerates.  So long as there is a single cell of me left, I can survive.

-add to this the various perks and, yes, gimmicks of being a shapeshifter and in my view of being a shapeshifter, I'd totally choose that over superstrength.

LASer354

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 LASer354
Member since 2013 • 319 Posts

Shape Shifting.

applesxc47

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#31 applesxc47
Member since 2008 • 10761 Posts

Definitely shape shifting.

kitty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 kitty  Moderator
Member since 2006 • 115430 Posts
shape shifting
zeroyaoi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 zeroyaoi
Member since 2013 • 2472 Posts
Shape shifting. It has more potential for fun.
Tropictrain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 Tropictrain

your shapeshifting rules have severely limited it to an obvious choice of choosing super "strength" a la superman (i.e. invincibility, super speed, super strength, etc).  The way you have it laid out, shapeshifting is a gimmick, superstrength is true power...not very fair.

IMO, true shapeshifting is genuine mastery of ones own body and the ability to change not just the shape, but the composition of it as well.  So not only could I change shape into someone else or something else (a giraffe, a horse, a fish, etc), but I could also:

-"refresh" my body as needed in order to prevent aging, i.e. shapeshift myself a new liver, heart, add some stuff to my blood to get cholesterol out of my arteries, etc

-change the general makeup of my body, i.e. give myself kevlar and steel woven skin and nightvision eyes, or lungs that can spit fire or acid.

-give myself an immortality gene or something, whatever you want to call it.  In essence, anytime I suffer a mortal wound and "die", my body regenerates.  So long as there is a single cell of me left, I can survive.

-add to this the various perks and, yes, gimmicks of being a shapeshifter and in my view of being a shapeshifter, I'd totally choose that over superstrength.

mrbojangles25

Now let's assume for a moment that the way you envisioned a shape shifter was added to the list, but you require intimate knowledge of the atomic level in order to actually master it. It doesn't make sense to me to just be able to imagine something and then become it. You should need to know the composition and atomic structure of the material you want to become. That's what you'd be creating and rearranging after all in order to change your shape. If you want to become a dog, you need to a dog inside and out before you change into it. You want to breathe fire? Design a system inside your body that will enable you to safely breath fire. It'd be too much work to be worth it in my opinion.  

hiphops_savior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 2

#35 hiphops_savior
Member since 2007 • 8535 Posts
[QUOTE="BranKetra"]The Martian Manhunter is as strong as Superman and can shape shift. Just saying

And he's also extremely pyrophobic, which comes from his weakness to fire.
majinstrings

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 majinstrings
Member since 2004 • 3109 Posts

[QUOTE="mrbojangles25"]

your shapeshifting rules have severely limited it to an obvious choice of choosing super "strength" a la superman (i.e. invincibility, super speed, super strength, etc). The way you have it laid out, shapeshifting is a gimmick, superstrength is true power...not very fair.

IMO, true shapeshifting is genuine mastery of ones own body and the ability to change not just the shape, but the composition of it as well. So not only could I change shape into someone else or something else (a giraffe, a horse, a fish, etc), but I could also:

-give myself an immortality gene or something, whatever you want to call it. In essence, anytime I suffer a mortal wound and "die", my body regenerates. So long as there is a single cell of me left, I can survive.

Tropictrain

Now let's assume for a moment that the way you envisioned a shape shifter was added to the list, but you require intimate knowledge of the atomic level in order to actually master it. It doesn't make sense to me to just be able to imagine something and then become it. You should need to know the composition and atomic structure of the material you want to become. That's what you'd be creating and rearranging after all in order to change your shape. If you want to become a dog, you need to a dog inside and out before you change into it. You want to breathe fire? Design a system inside your body that will enable you to safely breath fire. It'd be too much work to be worth it in my opinion.

Oh, man! You guys are describing the 'perfect super human' idea I've had stuck in my head for a long time...descibing it to a friggin' T...

mrbojangles25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#37 mrbojangles25
Member since 2005 • 58402 Posts

[QUOTE="mrbojangles25"]

Tropictrain

meh, I don't know how my body really works, I just am what I am.  Lets just assume I could do that with everything else :P

Kickinurass

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 Kickinurass
Member since 2005 • 3357 Posts

Why does super strength have 3 others super-powers bunched into it? You're super strong, invulnerable, can fly, and have super speed, where as shapeshifting is just... shapeshifting into another person.

The tables seem pretty stacked.

branketra

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 branketra
[QUOTE="hiphops_savior"][QUOTE="BranKetra"]The Martian Manhunter is as strong as Superman and can shape shift. Just saying

Yes I am mentioning an established superhero with both powers because the topic creator wants users to pick one as if there is no possibility of someone with both. The Martian Manhunter's weakness to fire is not related to either superpower this thread is about, so I am curious why you are mentioning his weakness.
The_Last_Ride

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 122

User Lists: 2

#40 The_Last_Ride
Member since 2004 • 76371 Posts
Super strength for me
Tropictrain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 Tropictrain

[QUOTE="hiphops_savior"][QUOTE="BranKetra"]The Martian Manhunter is as strong as Superman and can shape shift. Just sayingBranKetra

Yes I am mentioning an established superhero with both powers because the topic creator wants users to pick one as if there is no possibility of someone with both. The Martian Manhunter's weakness to fire is not related to either superpower this thread is about, so I am curious why you are mentioning his weakness.

The fact that a superhero exists that has both powers is also irrelevant to the topic of this thread. The OP never implied that a hero didn't exist that had them all, he was merely asking us to choose which one we would prefer to have. 

lamprey263

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#42 lamprey263
Member since 2006 • 44616 Posts
I'd shape shift into someone with muscles, so that solves strength.
Avatar image for deactivated-5e97585ea928c
deactivated-5e97585ea928c

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 deactivated-5e97585ea928c
Member since 2006 • 8521 Posts
Hell give me just density control over strength.
branketra

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 branketra

[QUOTE="BranKetra"][QUOTE="hiphops_savior"] And he's also extremely pyrophobic, which comes from his weakness to fire.Tropictrain

The fact that a superhero exists that has both powers is also irrelevant to the topic of this thread. The OP never implied that a hero didn't exist that had them all, he was merely asking us to choose which one we would prefer to have. 

The topic creator is asking if we needed to choose one, but we do not because someone already got both.
Tropictrain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 Tropictrain

[QUOTE="Tropictrain"]

[QUOTE="BranKetra"] Yes I am mentioning an established superhero with both powers because the topic creator wants users to pick one as if there is no possibility of someone with both. The Martian Manhunter's weakness to fire is not related to either superpower this thread is about, so I am curious why you are mentioning his weakness.BranKetra

The topic creator is asking if we needed to choose one, but we do not because someone already got both.

But you don't have both. And that's the topic of discussion. Not the Martian Manhunter. The Manhunter doesn't need to choose, but you do. 

kingdre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 kingdre
Member since 2005 • 9456 Posts

Shape shifting has more potential.

KiIIyou

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 KiIIyou
Member since 2006 • 27204 Posts
Strength would be more helpingful I'd imagine. So that one is my choosing.
sukraj

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

#48 sukraj
Member since 2008 • 27859 Posts

shape shifting

ShadowJax04

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 ShadowJax04
Member since 2006 • 3351 Posts

Shape shifting is just better. Being Superman would make me too much of a known threat in the end. Shapeshifting is unlimited fun and an unlimited getaway if you play your cards right. Being the one and only super man everyone would end up knowing if I started using those powers. Shapeshifting is much more practical for many things in life.

Except if I subjugated humanity under my super strength but eh. I dunno, too late to take my vote back and chill on my throne.