Scarier? Fast Zombies vs Slow Zombies (poll)

• 125 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Kikouken

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 0

#51 Kikouken
Member since 2006 • 15913 Posts

Fast :|

You'd most likely get f'ed up before you know it :?

wigan_gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#52 wigan_gamer
Member since 2008 • 3293 Posts
Fast zombies are scarier. But slow zombies make for better games IMO :)
Cpt_Meh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#53 Cpt_Meh
Member since 2005 • 1832 Posts
Fast Zombies. Reference 28 Weeks/Days Later and Crimson Heads from the Gamecube RE Remake. Those things scare the hell out of me. Slow zombies are much less scary, you just have to avoid the hordes.
MedicMike66

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#54 MedicMike66
Member since 2007 • 886 Posts

Personally, I don't see the point of running zombies.

A situation like 28 Days Later or The Crazies would be much more threatening, but it takes away from what zombies are -- dead.

The original Night of the Living Dead is miles scarier than the 'dawn' remake.

Taegukki

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#55 Taegukki
Member since 2005 • 13241 Posts
Of course faster ones. Technically, I think all zombies should start of relatively fast, but then slow down as rigor mortis sets in.
Andrn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#56 Andrn
Member since 2008 • 2098 Posts
Fast. I shouldn't even have to explain why.
grisibur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57 grisibur
Member since 2004 • 600 Posts

Could someone here tell me something, why must the stupid zombies eat us, and our brains?

There are no reason at all for them to do so, I bet it is the evil power of Hollywood...

But it would be lots of fun seeing a huge mass of zombies go " FRUUUUUUIT!!" instead of "BRAAAINS!"

KG86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58 KG86
Member since 2007 • 6021 Posts
Zombies at a jogging pace.
DJ_Novakain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59 DJ_Novakain
Member since 2008 • 2147 Posts

Personally, I don't see the point of running zombies.

A situation like 28 Days Later or The Crazies would be much more threatening, but it takes away from what zombies are -- dead.

The original Night of the Living Dead is miles scarier than the 'dawn' remake.

MedicMike66
That movie was plain boring... I think I actually fell asleep during it...
DarkR34p3r

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#60 DarkR34p3r
Member since 2006 • 722 Posts
Slow zombies that turn fast after getting close to you. Like the Ganados in RE4, they run up to you, start walking slow around 7 or 8 feet away, then charge at you when they're about 2 to 3 feet away from you. You get the feeling, "Hey, I can do this, they're kinda slow so I can shoot and kil-ARGGGHHH!!"
DJ_Novakain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61 DJ_Novakain
Member since 2008 • 2147 Posts

Slow zombies that turn fast after getting close to you. Like the Ganados in RE4, they run up to you, start walking slow around 7 or 8 feet away, then charge at you when they're about 2 to 3 feet away from you. You get the feeling, "Hey, I can do this, they're kinda slow so I can shoot and kil-ARGGGHHH!!"DarkR34p3r
RE4's story in general really pissed me off. The gameplay was fine, even though its not really a survival game anymore, but the story was just plain stupid... Srsly, secret cults? las plagas?

wheres mah tee virus?

DarkR34p3r

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#62 DarkR34p3r
Member since 2006 • 722 Posts

[QUOTE="DarkR34p3r"]Slow zombies that turn fast after getting close to you. Like the Ganados in RE4, they run up to you, start walking slow around 7 or 8 feet away, then charge at you when they're about 2 to 3 feet away from you. You get the feeling, "Hey, I can do this, they're kinda slow so I can shoot and kil-ARGGGHHH!!"DJ_Novakain

RE4's story in general really pissed me off. The gameplay was fine, even though its not really a survival game anymore, but the story was just plain stupid... Srsly, secret cults? las plagas?

wheres mah tee virus?

I was referring to zombies that acted like them, but yeah the story is kinda stupid. I would've liked to first see infected villiagers then have them slowly turning into zombies until the end of the game.
Wozmcfc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#63 Wozmcfc
Member since 2007 • 1504 Posts
Slow zombies, 'cos your death would be slower because if cornered by slow zombies you would just have to stand in tremendous fear and wait for the pain to come although with fast zombies it would be quick because they would be on you before you knew they were there, and you may be thinking while reading this you could just push your way through them, but just look at yourself do you really see yourself fighting off the hordes of the undead, this isn't Dead Rising my freind, although it would be awesome if it was.
Zaeryn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#64 Zaeryn
Member since 2005 • 9070 Posts
Fast zombies, they scare the hell out of me in video games. They charge right in your face and attack you, usually in dark places too. Even in real-life I think they'd be much scarier.
pitchblack3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

#65 pitchblack3
Member since 2008 • 346 Posts
Fast ones cause you won't have enough time to loiter around. :twisted:
sanpreet8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66 sanpreet8
Member since 2008 • 2111 Posts
Fast zombies
Makemap

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67 Makemap
Member since 2007 • 3755 Posts
The faster they run, the deadlier they be.
LikeHaterade

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68 LikeHaterade
Member since 2007 • 10645 Posts
Fast zombies are 50x scarier.
_LiquidFlame_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#69 _LiquidFlame_
Member since 2007 • 13736 Posts

Slow zombies are creepier, but fast zombies are really frightening because you really, really have to run to get away from them. I'd much rather deal with slow zombies. I'm not a very fast runner.t3hrubikscube

Same here. ;)

Shiggums

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 30

#70 Shiggums
Member since 2007 • 21436 Posts
Fast. They can possibly catch you, which is a much scarier scenario than slow, lagging zombies who take forever.
haterex

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71 haterex
Member since 2004 • 2410 Posts
Fast Zombies...
Avatar image for eh7nkjn4bFFF9nw
eh7nkjn4bFFF9nw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72 eh7nkjn4bFFF9nw
Member since 2005 • 353 Posts
You guys are forgetting something. Slow zombies have an uncanny knack of showing up in unexpected places.

A classic example: The protagonists run away from the main horde, sighing in relief. Open door/elavator/sewer and bam. Filled with moaning zombies. One member of the party gets eaten up.
3riForce

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73 3riForce
Member since 2004 • 2293 Posts

You guys are forgetting something. Slow zombies have an uncanny knack of showing up in unexpected places.

A ****c example: The protagonists run away from the main horde, sighing in relief. Open door/elavator/sewer and bam. Filled with moaning zombies. One member of the party gets eaten up. eh7nkjn4bFFF9nw

That sounds so cheap and unconvincing, its almost unfair for the protagonist. Anyway, my vote goes to fast zombies, theyre like the new-age zombies and they are sweet.

Avatar image for deactivated-58f8be37da70d
deactivated-58f8be37da70d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#74 deactivated-58f8be37da70d
Member since 2005 • 2895 Posts
Obviously fast zombies. No contest there.
markop2003

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#75 markop2003
Member since 2005 • 29917 Posts
fast zombbies, just watch 28 weeks later when the refugees are fleeing, you can't tell wheather people are zombies or not
megagene

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#76 megagene
Member since 2005 • 23160 Posts
Zombies that initially seem slow, but then suddenly break into a fast sprint are the worst.
MagnumPI

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#77 MagnumPI
Member since 2002 • 9617 Posts
I always figured since zombies were always decaying corpses they lack muscle tissue and calcium because they have been dead. I figured they could barely walk because they have poor motor skills since their brains are barely functional and decaying.
BlackAlpha666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#78 BlackAlpha666
Member since 2005 • 2614 Posts
I always thought that most slow zombies were too unrealistic. If their corpses are half rotted away and the only thing that keeps them together is magic, than I can understand it. But if you look at the modern zombie movies, which almost all use some kind of virus/disease to explain the zombies, than it's not realistic that they "forgot" how to run. I do think it's a shame, though, that they either all run or they all walk. Why not have a mix? Zombies aren't thinking clearly, after all.
ReaperV7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#79 ReaperV7
Member since 2008 • 6756 Posts
to be honest i think slow zombies are scarier.....cause it brings out alot of tension....and you never know if you turn your back hes right behind you :shock:
foggy666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#80 foggy666
Member since 2003 • 1123 Posts
Fast zombies, at the time 28 days later was the most scary movie I ever saw, I was twisting with fear in my sit when watching this movie. slow zombies are a joke, just make sure you are not in a closed space, all the slow zombie movies are somewhat scary (some aren't scary at all) because the people are trapped, while in the fast zombie movies in both cases you are pretty much f*****, remember the scene in 28 weeks later when he runs away from the house to the boat and all those fast zombies are just racing after him, that was scary as hell.
BlackAlpha666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#81 BlackAlpha666

Fast zombies, at the time 28 days later was the most scary movie I ever saw, I was twisting with fear in my sit when watching this movie. slow zombies are a joke, just make sure you are not in a closed space, all the slow zombie movies are somewhat scary (some aren't scary at all) because the people are trapped, while in the fast zombie movies in both cases you are pretty much f*****, remember the scene in 28 weeks later when he runs away from the house to the boat and all those fast zombies are just racing after him, that was scary as hell.foggy666

SPOILERS AHEAD!!!

One of the best scenes from a zombie movie. I wasn't sure whether he was going to die or not. Often, in the first scene, everybody dies but he barely survived. What I thought made the zombies so scary in that movie is how desperate they looked when they were chasing somebody. It made it so much more realistic.

SPOILERS END!!!

IxDRAILxI

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#82 IxDRAILxI
Member since 2008 • 394 Posts

[QUOTE="foggy666"]Fast zombies, at the time 28 days later was the most scary movie I ever saw, I was twisting with fear in my sit when watching this movie. slow zombies are a joke, just make sure you are not in a closed space, all the slow zombie movies are somewhat scary (some aren't scary at all) because the people are trapped, while in the fast zombie movies in both cases you are pretty much f*****, remember the scene in 28 weeks later when he runs away from the house to the boat and all those fast zombies are just racing after him, that was scary as hell.BlackAlpha666

SPOILERS AHEAD!!!

One of the best scenes from a zombie movie. I wasn't sure whether he was going to die or not. Often, in the first scene, everybody dies but he barely survived. What I thought made the zombies so scary in that movie is how desperate they looked when they were chasing somebody. It made it so much more realistic.

SPOILERS END!!!

fast zombies hand down, if i saw one running at me i would be scared poopless.

ive only seen 28 weeks later, how is 28 days later? everytime i go to hollywood video i always forget to ret it

paradigm68

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#83 paradigm68
Member since 2003 • 5588 Posts
fast zombies, in Half-Life 2 those were the ones that got you worried.
RyuHayabusaX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#84 RyuHayabusaX
Member since 2005 • 7838 Posts
The fast zombies seem a lot more smarter and will get to you no matter what.
vivelaps3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#86 vivelaps3
Member since 2007 • 1060 Posts
fast zombie cause they can run at you and eat you faster then the slow zombie who looks dumb.
foggy666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#87 foggy666
Member since 2003 • 1123 Posts
[QUOTE="BlackAlpha666"]

[QUOTE="foggy666"]Fast zombies, at the time 28 days later was the most scary movie I ever saw, I was twisting with fear in my sit when watching this movie. slow zombies are a joke, just make sure you are not in a closed space, all the slow zombie movies are somewhat scary (some aren't scary at all) because the people are trapped, while in the fast zombie movies in both cases you are pretty much f*****, remember the scene in 28 weeks later when he runs away from the house to the boat and all those fast zombies are just racing after him, that was scary as hell.IxDRAILxI

SPOILERS AHEAD!!!

SPOILERS END!!!

ive only seen 28 weeks later, how is 28 days later? everytime i go to hollywood video i always forget to ret it

its amazing, for me it was even more scary (maybe because it was the first fast zombie movie i saw?), petrified, the feeling of dread, horror in its fullest extent, for me, this movie touched the very things i am very afraid of, it like the director knew me and made a movie to scare me completely. throughout the movie i just felt without control, i must admit that i had nightmares for few weeks after that, even during the day.

Devouring_One

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 36

#88 Devouring_One
Member since 2004 • 32312 Posts
Well, fast zombies run at you. So I don't know what kind of comparison this is. Nothing against slow moving ones, they build up tension. But I'd worry more about the ones that are fast.
Hungry_bunny

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#89 Hungry_bunny
Member since 2006 • 14293 Posts
Slow zombies are easier to outrun and kill... but if they DO get you the death will be much slower and much more painful >.>
jus2nyce

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#90 jus2nyce
Member since 2005 • 1574 Posts
You got to think about a long term plan, fast zombies can starve to death. If you outlast them. Slow zombies can go on for decades.
Saturos3091

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#91 Saturos3091
Member since 2005 • 14937 Posts
Fast zombies are a stupid idea, I mean I like a bit of realism in my zombies, and I'm not sure how a decaying corpse with weakened muscle/bone structure will be able to run at 20MPH. It is scarier though.
mrgab

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 47

User Lists: 1

#92 mrgab
Member since 2005 • 23329 Posts
Slow zombies, fast zombies just look stupid and goofy.
BlackAlpha666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#93 BlackAlpha666

IxDRAILxI

I thought it was pretty good.

fast zombies, in Half-Life 2 those were the ones that got you worried.paradigm68

Those zombies sucked ass! They were jumping extremely high and extremely far, for crying out loud. They defied all zombie rules, thus they shouldn't even be called zombies because they are nothing like zombies! They are alien ripoff's.

All zombies in Half Life 2 suck. They look like clowns and make retarded sounds, like they are trying to make you laugh. Half Life 2 failed at the zombie department.

Morphic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#94 Morphic
Member since 2003 • 4345 Posts
Thats simple, fast of course.
yagr_zero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#95 yagr_zero
Member since 2006 • 27850 Posts
What's worse than seeing a zombie come sprinting in your direction? At least you have time to shoot slower zombies.
muffincakes87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#96 muffincakes87
Member since 2008 • 3913 Posts

When I think slow zombies I think Shaun of the Dead. Kinda fun.

When I think fast zombies I think Dawn of the Dead. Not so fun.:(

killyou060606

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#97 killyou060606
Member since 2005 • 27091 Posts
If i seen a fast zombie i'd just think it's some dope in makeup... same goes for the slow ones, totally unrealistic. Now if it were a demon i'd run away tripping on things and crying, or are we talking about movies and television?
JustPlainLucas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 226

#98 JustPlainLucas
Member since 2002 • 80441 Posts
Wow.. 131-15 so far! :P But yeah, fast moving zombies by far. Slow moving zombies just don't pose enough of a threat. Sure, they may be incesent, but they're easily escapable and fought. With a fast moving zombie, not only do you have to keep on the run, if you happen to engage one, it's like fighting a junkie on meth.
gotenks123321

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#99 gotenks123321
Member since 2007 • 512 Posts

Fast

You don't have enough time to shoot all of them

k_smoove

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

#100 k_smoove
Member since 2006 • 11954 Posts
Fast zombies, they can reach me, but slow ones can hopefully be outran.