SAS Members Arrested in Libya (Actually SBS/MI6)

• 69 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

imaps3fanboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#51 imaps3fanboy
Member since 2009 • 11169 Posts

[QUOTE="imaps3fanboy"][QUOTE="EmpCom"] Apart from the fact they have already been freed why would you send in an inferior rescue forceLeejjohno

Inferior? Ok pal

Correct me if I am wrong but weren't Delta were created by an ex sas trooper? Not saying they are inferior but they can't be any better.

I think delta force train with Israeli commandos and SAS, so they have a lot of varied techniques, but its not like it matters anyway, SAS and delta force work together anyway
CBR600-RR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#52 CBR600-RR
Member since 2008 • 9695 Posts

[QUOTE="CBR600-RR"]

I think any special force that did that would get caught also, so stop thinking you're superior Americans. They basically landed in front of everyone, if they were to go un-noticed then they would have been more discreet.

sonicare

The Spetsnaz wouldn't have gotten caught. In fact, the spetsnaz most likely would have dressed up like libyan rebels, captured a bunch of clueless SAS chumps, disrupted their plans, turned them over to the local militia, and then returned home to play a quick game of chess with Kasparov.

I said any special force that did the same as we did. Read properly.

PcGamingRig

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#53 PcGamingRig
Member since 2009 • 7386 Posts

[QUOTE="CBR600-RR"]

I think any special force that did that would get caught also, so stop thinking you're superior Americans. They basically landed in front of everyone, if they were to go un-noticed then they would have been more discreet.

sonicare

The Spetsnaz wouldn't have gotten caught. In fact, the spetsnaz most likely would have dressed up like libyan rebels, captured a bunch of clueless SAS chumps, disrupted their plans, turned them over to the local militia, and then returned home to play a quick game of chess with Kasparov.

and gassed their own people. :P

whatever the SAS were doing it couldn't of been to secretive because they would atleast be wearing desert camo, or civilian clothing.

and they would have inserted over the border in vehicles, or in a remote location and walked the rest of the way there.

i doubt they would land a helicopter just outside a big city.

PcGamingRig

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#54 PcGamingRig

Foreign Secretary William Hague authorised the mission, apparently they're sending another team soon.

why the others didn't just stay there i don't know.

Link

Avatar image for deactivated-5f9e3c6a83e51
deactivated-5f9e3c6a83e51

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

#55 deactivated-5f9e3c6a83e51
Member since 2004 • 57548 Posts

[QUOTE="sonicare"]

[QUOTE="CBR600-RR"]

CBR600-RR

You're in the SAS?

CBR600-RR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56 CBR600-RR
Member since 2008 • 9695 Posts

[QUOTE="CBR600-RR"]

[QUOTE="sonicare"] The Spetsnaz wouldn't have gotten caught. In fact, the spetsnaz most likely would have dressed up like libyan rebels, captured a bunch of clueless SAS chumps, disrupted their plans, turned them over to the local militia, and then returned home to play a quick game of chess with Kasparov.

sonicare

You're in the SAS?

No. :P

Avatar image for deactivated-5f9e3c6a83e51
deactivated-5f9e3c6a83e51

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

#57 deactivated-5f9e3c6a83e51
Member since 2004 • 57548 Posts

[QUOTE="sonicare"]

[QUOTE="CBR600-RR"]

PcGamingRig

and gassed their own people. :P

whatever the SAS were doing it couldn't of been to secretive because they would atleast be wearing desert camo, or civilian clothing.

and they would have inserted over the border in vehicles, or in a remote location and walked the rest of the way there.

i doubt they would land a helicopter just outside a big city.

Sometimes the people have to be gassed. Helps to cull the numbers and such. :P

PcGamingRig

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58 PcGamingRig

it's been confirmed as an SBS/MI6 mission now, apparently the heads of the SAS are pretty annoyed at the media pointing the blame at them when the media had no detailed information on the mission.

Link

dercoo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59 dercoo
Member since 2006 • 12555 Posts

And US Green Berets can still not confirm or deny their presence.8)

Seriously though, SAS are like SEALs, they usually deal with quick in out operations. Long stays with resistance fighters is better suited to SF like Green Berets.

SAS seems like an odd pick forUK , for this styl e of mission.

sonofsmeagle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60 sonofsmeagle
Member since 2010 • 4317 Posts
[QUOTE="dercoo"]

And US Green Berets can still not confirm or deny their presence.8)

Seriously though, SAS are like SEALs, they usually deal with quick in out operations. Long stays with resistance fighters is better suited to SF like Green Berets.

SAS seems like an odd pick forUK , for this styl e of mission.

Actually SAS can pretty much do everything just look at the SASR in afghanistan
-Unreal-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 1

#61 -Unreal-
Member since 2004 • 24650 Posts

What's with all the negativity from (mostly) americans against the SAS? These guys are some of the best trained in the world and have saved so many people's lives.

THGarrett

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 24

#62 THGarrett
Member since 2003 • 2574 Posts

What's with all the negativity from (mostly) americans against the SAS? These guys are some of the best trained in the world and have saved so many people's lives.

-Unreal-
It's because this is the internet and people have to inevitably say that *insert their country's special forces* is better than *insert another country's special forces*.
gamedude2020

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63 gamedude2020
Member since 2004 • 3795 Posts

SBS are more elite then the SAS, the SBS are selected from the Royal Marines

PcGamingRig

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64 PcGamingRig

most of the SAS come from the paratroopers so they are just as elite as the SBS, they both have their strengths.

gamedude2020

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65 gamedude2020
Member since 2004 • 3795 Posts

most of the SAS come from the paratroopers so they are just as elite as the SBS, they both have their strengths.

PcGamingRig

The SBS specifically recuits most of it's men from the Royal Marines, the SAS recruits from any of the UK military branches (including civilians in 23 SAS). The SAS are just the pop culture branch of the UK special forces, the SBS and SRR do the real dirty work

poptart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66 poptart
Member since 2003 • 7298 Posts

[QUOTE="-Unreal-"]

THGarrett

It's because this is the internet and people have to inevitably say that *insert their country's special forces* is better than *insert another country's special forces*.

My d**k's bigger than yours etc. This board sees the d**k swinging contest appear in many guises.

PcGamingRig

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67 PcGamingRig

[QUOTE="PcGamingRig"]

gamedude2020

The SBS specifically recuits most of it's men from the Royal Marines, the SAS recruits from any of the UK military branches (including civilians in 23 SAS). The SAS are just the pop culture branch of the UK special forces, the SBS and SRR do the real dirty work

if you say so... :P

CwlHeddwyn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68 CwlHeddwyn
Member since 2005 • 5314 Posts
Send in the delta force to get em' :Pimaps3fanboy
just don't give them any frag grenades... lol
gugler990

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69 gugler990
Member since 2010 • 2009 Posts

The British always fail, send the French next time.