rappers have no talent

• 114 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Headz_Up

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#51 Headz_Up
Member since 2006 • 1221 Posts
[QUOTE="Mind_Mover"][QUOTE="dawgsfan1447"]You all are talking about the talking and words and such. Thats not talent or skill, that just something you can do or can't do, it can't be practiced, you are just kind of born able to do it or not. I consider talents and skills something that have to be learned and practiced and take real dedication. Making music is not something you can just do, it takes a lot of dedication. Making a beat for rap doesnt take half a mind and then the actual rap is just something they do. Thats why rap doesn't take any skills, a special gift perhaps, but no real talent.dawgsfan1447
I could say the exact same thing but instead of rap i could say rock.Good music can be produced by talented people, being them rappers, rockers, goths ect..

No you couldn't, it takes years of learning how to play a guitar or other instrument (unless its the singer) to be able to produce good music. None of you are getting my point here. Are there music classes at school, can you take classes on how to play instruments? Yes. Are there classes on how to rap? No. Thats my point here. Of course you can pick up on things listning and get better, but it's not something you really learn and take all that dedication to do.

oh so you can just automatically freestyle for 10 minutes with no practice at all?
dawgsfan1447

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#52 dawgsfan1447
Member since 2004 • 5054 Posts
[QUOTE="Headz_Up"]

http://youtube.com/watch?v=CLklnMWl63k Papoose - Alphabetical Slaughter

http://youtube.com/watch?v=vKl-hLYvd8I Papoose - Hail Mary

M8ingSeezun

That still DOESN'T justify pure talent in rap music. Anybody who has a knack for writing alliteration can do it.
Plus, adding beats and intrumentals for the background DOESN'T do any justice to prove "talent" in rap.

If Papoose was playing a guitar or even playing drums and rapping at the same time, it would be a different story.

The level of difficulty of just learning to play Guitar, Bass and Drum is extremely overwhelming compared to what's involved in Rap, something most Idiotic dumb-as-dog sh-t Rock music Hating Hip-Hoppers don't seem to grasp and understand.

Surely, there's Wyclef, The Roots, The Beastie Boys, Lauren Hill who play thier own intruments and can Rap.....but there aren't enough of it going around in Rap.

I agree 100%, people just don't understand the difference in instruments and vocals.
Headz_Up

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#53 Headz_Up
[QUOTE="M8ingSeezun"][QUOTE="Headz_Up"]

http://youtube.com/watch?v=CLklnMWl63k Papoose - Alphabetical Slaughter

http://youtube.com/watch?v=vKl-hLYvd8I Papoose - Hail Mary

dawgsfan1447

That still DOESN'T justify pure talent in rap music. Anybody who has a knack for writing alliteration can do it.
Plus, adding beats and intrumentals for the background DOESN'T do any justice to prove "talent" in rap.

If Papoose was playing a guitar or even playing drums and rapping at the same time, it would be a different story.

The level of difficulty of just learning to play Guitar, Bass and Drum is extremely overwhelming compared to what's involved in Rap, something most Idiotic dumb-as-dog sh-t Rock music Hating Hip-Hoppers don't seem to grasp and understand.

Surely, there's Wyclef, The Roots, The Beastie Boys, Lauren Hill who play thier own intruments and can Rap.....but there aren't enough of it going around in Rap.

I agree 100%, people just don't understand the difference in instruments and vocals.

singers dont all play instruments.. neither do rappers. so your point is..?
dawgsfan1447

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#54 dawgsfan1447
Member since 2004 • 5054 Posts
[QUOTE="dawgsfan1447"][QUOTE="Mind_Mover"][QUOTE="dawgsfan1447"]You all are talking about the talking and words and such. Thats not talent or skill, that just something you can do or can't do, it can't be practiced, you are just kind of born able to do it or not. I consider talents and skills something that have to be learned and practiced and take real dedication. Making music is not something you can just do, it takes a lot of dedication. Making a beat for rap doesnt take half a mind and then the actual rap is just something they do. Thats why rap doesn't take any skills, a special gift perhaps, but no real talent.Headz_Up
I could say the exact same thing but instead of rap i could say rock.Good music can be produced by talented people, being them rappers, rockers, goths ect..

No you couldn't, it takes years of learning how to play a guitar or other instrument (unless its the singer) to be able to produce good music. None of you are getting my point here. Are there music classes at school, can you take classes on how to play instruments? Yes. Are there classes on how to rap? No. Thats my point here. Of course you can pick up on things listning and get better, but it's not something you really learn and take all that dedication to do.

oh so you can just automatically freestyle for 10 minutes with no practice at all?

No, because I don't have tha innate ability to do it. It still takes a breaking in to do, but its just an innate ability that allows people to create rhymes that fast and such. You don't teach somebody and say, ok, here's how to rap, you gotta do this and this and this, you just have to be used to it. Instruments you really have to learn exact techniques and theories and such. Both do take time to get used to, but one is just becoming accostomed while the other is learning it to a science.
killtactics

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55 killtactics
Member since 2004 • 5957 Posts
[QUOTE="Mind_Mover"][QUOTE="dawgsfan1447"]You all are talking about the talking and words and such. Thats not talent or skill, that just something you can do or can't do, it can't be practiced, you are just kind of born able to do it or not. I consider talents and skills something that have to be learned and practiced and take real dedication. Making music is not something you can just do, it takes a lot of dedication. Making a beat for rap doesnt take half a mind and then the actual rap is just something they do. Thats why rap doesn't take any skills, a special gift perhaps, but no real talent.dawgsfan1447

if u take a class on poetry then you are learning to rap... and using your logic u dont need talent to learn how to fly a jet b/c they dont teach u that at school
branketra

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 9

#56 branketra
Member since 2006 • 51726 Posts

singers dont all play instruments.. neither do rappers. so your point is..?Headz_Up
*steps in* The point is, these people don't have logical or reasonable arguments against a form of music, so they choose to type long posts with the hope that the quanity of the content will have more say than the quality of it...:? Another instance with humanity that makes me pity.

Both do take time to get used to, but one is just becoming accostomed while the other is learning it to a science.dawgsfan1447

Alright, enough's enough.

I play the trumpet. I was taught how to play one back in 6th grade. I still remember how. I know how to play the tunes, but I also know how to make my own songs. How? By doing the same thing rappers do to learn freestyling....by doing the same thing beethoven did when he first went to France in front of the king to prove his genius :shock:...By listening to the form of music, or musical instrument one plays, and adpating it to one's own musical form.

I listen to all sorts of music-hip hop and rap included. I know that listening to people rapping has subliminally taught me how to freeflow (can't put in a certain word or else the rest becomes "forbidden>").

I also know how much work my brother (yes, a rapper. A decent one as well, I might add)put himself through in order to elevate himself to a higher level than the average rapper. He read a dictionary and a syllabus. Every single word. That's work voluntarily done, kids.

Headz_Up

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57 Headz_Up
[QUOTE="Headz_Up"][QUOTE="dawgsfan1447"][QUOTE="Mind_Mover"][QUOTE="dawgsfan1447"]You all are talking about the talking and words and such. Thats not talent or skill, that just something you can do or can't do, it can't be practiced, you are just kind of born able to do it or not. I consider talents and skills something that have to be learned and practiced and take real dedication. Making music is not something you can just do, it takes a lot of dedication. Making a beat for rap doesnt take half a mind and then the actual rap is just something they do. Thats why rap doesn't take any skills, a special gift perhaps, but no real talent.dawgsfan1447

No, because I don't have tha innate ability to do it. It still takes a breaking in to do, but its just an innate ability that allows people to create rhymes that fast and such. You don't teach somebody and say, ok, here's how to rap, you gotta do this and this and this, you just have to be used to it. Instruments you really have to learn exact techniques and theories and such. Both do take time to get used to, but one is just becoming accostomed while the other is learning it to a science.

you don't really know about rapping do you?
killtactics

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58 killtactics
[QUOTE="Headz_Up"][QUOTE="dawgsfan1447"][QUOTE="Mind_Mover"][QUOTE="dawgsfan1447"]You all are talking about the talking and words and such. Thats not talent or skill, that just something you can do or can't do, it can't be practiced, you are just kind of born able to do it or not. I consider talents and skills something that have to be learned and practiced and take real dedication. Making music is not something you can just do, it takes a lot of dedication. Making a beat for rap doesnt take half a mind and then the actual rap is just something they do. Thats why rap doesn't take any skills, a special gift perhaps, but no real talent.dawgsfan1447

lol so what u are saying is only things that require tecniques require talant... but things that require being creative dont...
Avatar image for YusukeUnleashed
YusukeUnleashed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#59 YusukeUnleashed
Member since 2005 • 909 Posts
Rap is a dying fad.....thank God. Metalcore forever:wink:
Avatar image for Miami84Chambers
Miami84Chambers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60 Miami84Chambers
Member since 2004 • 1123 Posts
Rappers, talented? :lol:
gman56

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61 gman56
Member since 2004 • 6542 Posts
You actually have to think to write a rock song, but when it comes to rap, it is all the same concept.
NrGcHaRgE021

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62 NrGcHaRgE021
Member since 2003 • 3930 Posts
Evidently youve never heard Talib Kweli, Common, Immortal Technique, Murs, Busdriver, Aesop Rock, Lupe Fiasco, Hi Tek, Sage Francis, Dead Prez, Mos Def, The Roots, etc.
NrGcHaRgE021

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63 NrGcHaRgE021
You actually have to think to write a rock song, but when it comes to rap, it is all the same concept.gman56
That's so wrong it isnt funny.
killtactics

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64 killtactics
You actually have to think to write a rock song, but when it comes to rap, it is all the same concept.gman56
comming from someone with a FF sig, im sure u know a lot about "the same concept"
Tolwan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#65 Tolwan
Member since 2003 • 2575 Posts

I'm so glad the rap fad is starting to die off. Never liked the stuff, actually tend's to give me a headache sometimes. And i often find most of it vulgar or disturbing. And sometimes insulting.

NrGcHaRgE021

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66 NrGcHaRgE021

I'm so glad the rap fad is starting to die off. Never liked the stuff, actually tend's to give me a headache sometimes. And i often find most of it vulgar or disturbing. And sometimes insulting.

Tolwan
That's called mainstream.
Orlando_Magic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67 Orlando_Magic
Member since 2002 • 37448 Posts

Tolwan

What makes you think it's dying off? You can't turn on MTV without seeing rap nowadays...
Avatar image for Miami84Chambers
Miami84Chambers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68 Miami84Chambers
Member since 2004 • 1123 Posts
[QUOTE="Tolwan"]

Orlando_Magic

What makes you think it's dying off? You can't turn on MTV without seeing rap nowadays...

Yeah but....who watches MTV anymore?
Tolwan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69 Tolwan
Member since 2003 • 2575 Posts
[QUOTE="Tolwan"]

Orlando_Magic

Mmm, MTV's ratings have been taking a nose dive lately, and i've been hearing less about it.

Avatar image for YusukeUnleashed
YusukeUnleashed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70 YusukeUnleashed
Member since 2005 • 909 Posts
[QUOTE="Orlando_Magic"][QUOTE="Tolwan"]

Miami84Chambers

14 year old runaways?(j/k)
lestercage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#71 lestercage
Member since 2004 • 1439 Posts
well, there are MTV rappers, and there are rappers that actually make music. you ever hear Geto Boys? Aesop Rock?.. Fiddy?
aeminjnb2006

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72 aeminjnb2006
Member since 2006 • 1749 Posts
ur right. look at lil jon, all he does is say, "yeaah" and the song goes triple platnum
NrGcHaRgE021

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73 NrGcHaRgE021
well, there are MTV rappers, and there are rappers that actually make music. you ever hear Geto Boys? Aesop Rock?.. Fiddy?lestercage
50 Cent is NOT good.
DaveGamer_05

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#74 DaveGamer_05
Member since 2005 • 18823 Posts
Now as much as I don't like rap, good rappers do have talent in poetry and manipulation of the language.
familyguy77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#75 familyguy77
Member since 2005 • 2238 Posts
This thread makes me laugh:lol: I challenge anyone that says rap takes no talent to drop a verse like Rakim right now.
NrGcHaRgE021

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#76 NrGcHaRgE021
This thread makes me laugh:lol: I challenge anyone that says rap takes no talent to drop a verse like Rakim right now.familyguy77
Ish, god knows I could touch Rakim.
V4LENT1NE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#77 V4LENT1NE
Member since 2006 • 12901 Posts
It is skillful and some do have talent, although a lot of it I really cant stand, saw a video the other day, something about chain hanging low, absolutley terrible.
X-Fade

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#78 X-Fade
Member since 2006 • 2681 Posts

[QUOTE="comrade_sniperr"]they really dont

they dont need to form a group, they dont need to play an instrument, they dont even need to sing.
they just need to talk and be with beautiful women in music videos
Orlando_Magic

hey dood why don't you make a hit record and become a millionaire since it takes no talent.

Exactly why don't you do that comrade_sniperr since it doesn't require non talent at all according to you, Rap requires skill and talent either you belive it or not comrade_sniperr..

NrGcHaRgE021

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#79 NrGcHaRgE021
It is skillful and some do have talent, although a lot of it I really cant stand, saw a video the other day, something about chain hanging low, absolutley terrible.V4LENT1NE
Yeah, Jibbs is pretty talentless, although he was a good boxer.
Orlando_Magic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#80 Orlando_Magic
Member since 2002 • 37448 Posts
[QUOTE="Orlando_Magic"][QUOTE="Tolwan"]

Miami84Chambers

I dunno... about half of the teen population :| Surely not a lot of people.
Headz_Up

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#81 Headz_Up

Tolwan
die off....??? It's at it's most popular point right now. Nas says hip hop is dead BECAUSE it is SOO commercialized..
esb617

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#82 esb617
Member since 2005 • 2464 Posts
well, there are MTV rappers, and there are rappers that actually make music. you ever hear Geto Boys? Aesop Rock?.. Fiddy?lestercage
You were getting somewhere until you said Fiddy:|
bigdcstile

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#83 bigdcstile
Member since 2004 • 2236 Posts
I find it funny that one can make a blanket statement about anything without actually knowing anything about it.
Belesur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#84 Belesur
Member since 2006 • 60 Posts
Hmm, I think I'll get on in this... I'm really not much of a rap fan at all. I'm very much into extreme forms of music for the most part (Metal, Ambient, Power Electronics, etc.). Now, generally most people only know about the mainstream forms of music. Let's take a look at metal for example... Someone had already said something along the lines of, "I can't wait until the rap trend is over... metalcore forever". Metalcore is a huge commercial trend right now and most real metalheads look down upon it. Now onto rap... It's exactly like what I said last... There is a difference between mainstream, commercial rap to independent, underground rap. This form of rap does have talent in it whether you can see it or not. There is acts that are not about getting rich and getting as much **** and hoes" as possible. What I'm saying here doesn't even necessarily have anything to do with actual musical talent, but more so being true to the self... but that should be considered a talent these days. But heh, I can be an elitist bastard when it comes to music and I normally don't like to talk about music with others unless they share a similar viewpoint. But it's my given right to despise what I want, and one of those things is modern commercial music. I just wanted to stick up for the fact that there is talent in rap, and I'm not even really a fan of it.
Carlos_Santana

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#85 Carlos_Santana
Member since 2006 • 4316 Posts
They have talent...not nearly as much talent as the link below in my opinion...but some (small) talent: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EPA2TiDtuio (keep in mind that the guy is blind)
SunJian18

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#86 SunJian18
Member since 2007 • 1222 Posts

You all are talking about the talking and words and such. Thats not talent or skill, that just something you can do or can't do, it can't be practiced, you are just kind of born able to do it or not. I consider talents and skills something that have to be learned and practiced and take real dedication. Making music is not something you can just do, it takes a lot of dedication. Making a beat for rap doesnt take half a mind and then the actual rap is just something they do. Thats why rap doesn't take any skills, a special gift perhaps, but no real talent.dawgsfan1447

I make beats and it's not as simple as you would think.

I don't make simple little club beats though, and I don't loop samples like lazy producers, I chop and rearrange and compose and such.

Carlos_Santana

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#87 Carlos_Santana
Member since 2006 • 4316 Posts
I find that Rap music's composition cannot be compared to music such as Folk or Classical. Although it is true that mainstream rappers and nearly as good as the lesser-known ones...still I find it terrible to hear caucasian females in my classroom rapping a song they heard about "Grillz"
SunJian18

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#88 SunJian18
[QUOTE="Tolwan"]

Headz_Up

die off....??? It's at it's most popular point right now. Nas says hip hop is dead BECAUSE it is SOO commercialized..

Rap is here to stay my friend, it's been around since the early 80's.

And you know once upon a time people hated rock, and called it vulgar, and dismissed it as a "rebellion fad" among teens.  It's still going strong years later, is it not?  Rap is too radically different from anything else already established to just die off.  Now, I agree that some sub-genres of rap will die off, such as snap music, crunk, maybe even hyphy, but they aren't designed for longevity, that's flash in the pan type ish.  Just how pop music usually doesn't aim for longevity, they aim for the now, and the green.

Rap may even die off in the mainstream, and I hope it does to an extent, so that us true hip-hop motha****as can take back ourown ish, and keep our songs off their ****ing charts.  Hip-Hop wasn't designed to be a marketing scheme, which is why when it's used as such, it sounds so horrible (ie "Shoulda Lean" or "This is Why I'm Hot")

Aznsilvrboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#89 Aznsilvrboy
Member since 2002 • 11495 Posts
Although I don't like rap...I think it takes some skill. Can you talk like that without getting your tongue twisted?
Belesur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#90 Belesur
Member since 2006 • 60 Posts
[QUOTE="Headz_Up"][QUOTE="Tolwan"]

SunJian18

Rap is here to stay my friend, it's been around since the early 80's.

And you know once upon a time people hated rock, and called it vulgar, and dismissed it as a "rebellion fad" among teens. It's still going strong years later, is it not? Rap is too radically different from anything else already established to just die off. Now, I agree that some sub-genres of rap will die off, such as snap music, crunk, maybe even hyphy, but they aren't designed for longevity, that's flash in the pan type ish. Just how pop music usually doesn't aim for longevity, they aim for the now, and the green.

Rap may even die off in the mainstream, and I hope it does to an extent, so that us true hip-hop motha****as can take back ourown ish, and keep our songs off their ****ing charts. Hip-Hop wasn't designed to be a marketing scheme, which is why when it's used as such, it sounds so horrible (ie "Shoulda Lean" or "This is Why I'm Hot")

That's exactly how i feel about the forms of music I listen to. Music altogether wasn't made to be a marketing scheme for fame and money.
leegar88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#91 leegar88
Member since 2006 • 5307 Posts

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nsNz0mExHeA

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1YCjfsZ0cHg

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MS2TY9X3okQ

These songs took talent to make and have meaning.

familyguy77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#92 familyguy77

I was rollin' around, in my mind it occurred
What if God was a her?
Would I treat her the same? Would I still be runnin' game on her?
In what type of ways would I want her?
Would I want her for her mind or her heavenly body?
Couldn't be out gettin' bogus with someone so godly
If I was wit' her would I still be wantin' my ex?
The lies, the greed, the weed, the sex
Wouldn't be ashamed to give her part of my check
Wearin' her cross, I mean the heart on my neck
Her I would reflect on the streets of the Chi'
Ride wit' her, 'cause I know for me she'd die
Through good and bad call on her like I'm chirpin' her
Couldn't be jealous 'cause other brothers worship her
Walk this earth for her, glory, I'm grateful
To be in her presence I try to stay faithful

[Chorus]
 Faithful to the end
 Faithful to the end
 Faithful to the end
 I'd like to be her very best friend

[Verse 2]
He worked with her, she was his lady's best friend
Even if they don't try some ladies test men
And this was a test that was bigger than him
Some believe its the nature that is given to men
He had a good gig, a wife, a kid, a decent home
One reason or another couldn't find peace at home
She asked, "Why do men always have to stray?"
He said, "I'm bad, not as bad as Eric Benet"
"I used to take 'em out to eat but they wasn't really eatin'
Mighta got a little head but I wasn't really cheatin'"
It's hard when your lady don't believe what you say
And what you did in the past you gotta live with today
She asked if they could spend the night together
He thought, and said, "I'm tryin' to get my life together"
Went home to his lady, these were his confessions
"Baby you a blessin' and my best friend"

Yeah, rap sure is all about them hoes and guns:roll: Yall make me laugh with your ignorance.

SunJian18

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#93 SunJian18

What if God was a her?

[Chorus]
 Faithful to the end
 Faithful to the end
 Faithful to the end

[Verse 2]

Yeah, rap sure is all about them hoes and guns:roll: Yall make me laugh with your ignorance.

familyguy77

Dope sig.

leegar88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#94 leegar88
Member since 2006 • 5307 Posts

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nsNz0mExHeA

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1YCjfsZ0cHg

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MS2TY9X3okQ

These songs took talent to make and have meaning.

leegar88

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DrEujGAL4ZM I forgot one

familyguy77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#95 familyguy77
[QUOTE="familyguy77"]

What if God was a her?

[Chorus]
 Faithful to the end
 Faithful to the end
 Faithful to the end

[Verse 2]

SunJian18

Dope sig.

Heh, thanks:) I love the GZA. Sick quote in your sig btw.

NrGcHaRgE021

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#96 NrGcHaRgE021

What if God was a her?

[Chorus]
Faithful to the end
Faithful to the end
Faithful to the end

[Verse 2]

familyguy77
Common is godly.
GTALoco

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#97 GTALoco
Member since 2004 • 2945 Posts
Stop.

If you agree with the sentiment expressed in the original post, then write a rap right now. It takes no talent, no skill, so why not just end the argument and prove it. All of you ignorant, close-minded people out there, who I'm sure have no talent just like all of those silly brain dead rappers out there, I challenge you to write a rap song that could actually pass as some second rate tune on some mainstream trash-rapper's worst album ever. You can at least do that right?

Gee, if you can't even do that, then you must be really stupid and talentless.

Right now. Go. Surely if any of you guys can do it, then maybe we'll all believe you and change our ways.
Agnidev

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#98 Agnidev
Member since 2007 • 1432 Posts
they really dont

they dont need to form a group, they dont need to play an instrument, they dont even need to sing.
they just need to talk and be with beautiful women in music videos
comrade_sniperr
its pretty obvious hes tryna start a flame war *rolls eyes*
familyguy77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#99 familyguy77

Stop.

If you agree with the sentiment expressed in the original post, then write a rap right now. It takes no talent, no skill, so why not just end the argument and prove it. All of you ignorant, close-minded people out there, who I'm sure have no talent just like all of those silly brain dead rappers out there, I challenge you to write a rap song that could actually pass as some second rate tune on some mainstream trash-rapper's worst album ever. You can at least do that right?

Gee, if you can't even do that, then you must be really stupid and talentless.

Right now. Go. Surely if any of you guys can do it, then maybe we'll all believe you and change our ways.
GTALoco

This man is completely right. If rapping takes no talent, go write even a semi-decent rap song. Bet yall ignorant folks can't even do that.

Shiroibwoy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#100 Shiroibwoy
Member since 2005 • 199 Posts
So good music is measured by how hard it is to master various instruments? Come on...
I'm a beat producer and I find some of these posts kind of insulting. I might not know how to use a Guitar or a Bass. But I have all the tunes in my head and I use my computer to arrange them in orderly fashion. I put ALOT of time and love into my beats. It's a big puzzle like all other forms of music.
Am I a worse musician because of that? I don't think so.
And to those who says that everyone can rap. Well, everyone can sing right? Then you'll say "but it's hard to sing real rock, death metal" well so is it with real rap as well.