rappers have no talent

• 114 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Avatar image for comrade_sniperr
comrade_sniperr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 comrade_sniperr
Member since 2006 • 955 Posts
they really dont

they dont need to form a group, they dont need to play an instrument, they dont even need to sing.
they just need to talk and be with beautiful women in music videos
mems_1224

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 mems_1224
Member since 2004 • 56919 Posts
apparently you don't have to be smart to make threads either
FragStains

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 FragStains
Member since 2003 • 20668 Posts
That's shortsighted. I don't like rap and even I can see that it requires talent and skill.
nickmag

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 nickmag
Member since 2006 • 6710 Posts
However I agree that many rappers are awful I have to say that some are awesome, for example Plan B - Click here
dio6661

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#5 dio6661
Member since 2005 • 4084 Posts
As much as I dislike rap, it's stupid to say they have no talent.
-911-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#6 -911-
Member since 2006 • 6177 Posts
apparently you don't have to be smart to make threads eithermems_1224
It's True.............
Avatar image for metallica_fan42
metallica_fan42

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 55

#7 metallica_fan42
Member since 2006 • 21143 Posts
That's shortsighted. I don't like rap and even I can see that it requires talent and skill. FragStains
Exactly what I was going to say.
Master_Greedo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#8 Master_Greedo
Member since 2004 • 593 Posts
Only most of the mainstream rap, especially that from 1997 onwards sucks. 50 Cent, Lil John, Paul Wall, and the like are all just C-Rap.
dawgsfan1447

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#9 dawgsfan1447
Member since 2004 • 5054 Posts
NO talent is'nt quite true, but I will say that it takes less talent to make than any other genre of music.
Avatar image for Taxpaying_Acorn
Taxpaying_Acorn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#10 Taxpaying_Acorn
Member since 2004 • 4952 Posts
That's shortsighted. I don't like rap and even I can see that it requires talent and skill. FragStains
Nah. It doesn't take much.
luke1889

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 luke1889
Member since 2004 • 14617 Posts
It clearly does. :|
dissonantblack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 dissonantblack
Member since 2005 • 34009 Posts
rap does require skill. but not singing. you need good speach. you have to be able to talk fast without stuttering. and that is hard.
dawgsfan1447

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 dawgsfan1447
rap does require skill. but not singing. you need good speach. you have to be able to talk fast without stuttering. and that is hard.dissonantblack
Not if you know what you're going to say. The only time I stutter or stop is if I'm thinking about what I'm saying, I wouldn't call it that talented to be able to speak.
leegar88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 leegar88
Member since 2006 • 5307 Posts

Good rappers have a lot of talent, I guess you are just to caught up in your ignorance to notice. 

Avatar image for Taxpaying_Acorn
Taxpaying_Acorn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#15 Taxpaying_Acorn
Member since 2004 • 4952 Posts
rap does require skill. but not singing. you need good speach. you have to be able to talk fast without stuttering. and that is hard.dissonantblack

I guess that rules you out :lol: I'm just playing.
killtactics

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 killtactics
Member since 2004 • 5957 Posts
depends on who the rapper is... some rappers are really bad while other were legends and some of the best poets of are time... just like rock... also there are rap groups, ever hurd of NWA?
PierSkillz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 PierSkillz
Member since 2007 • 2952 Posts
they also need to know how to write poetry, I want to see you try and make a rap..
Caffeine_Trip

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 Caffeine_Trip
Member since 2006 • 3390 Posts
Tupac had talent.
Headz_Up

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 Headz_Up
Member since 2006 • 1221 Posts
the average listener might not hear what takes skill.  they think it is just rhyming words when it is so much more.  turn off the radio and listen to some real rap and you would understand the skill it takes.
Mind_Mover

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 Mind_Mover
Member since 2005 • 1489 Posts
[QUOTE="dissonantblack"]rap does require skill. but not singing. you need good speach. you have to be able to talk fast without stuttering. and that is hard.dawgsfan1447
Not if you know what you're going to say. The only time I stutter or stop is if I'm thinking about what I'm saying, I wouldn't call it that talented to be able to speak.

How many times have you tried to talk in rhyme, while trying to make it mean something, without stuttering?
esb617

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 esb617
Member since 2005 • 2464 Posts
[QUOTE="dissonantblack"]rap does require skill. but not singing. you need good speach. you have to be able to talk fast without stuttering. and that is hard.dawgsfan1447

Try doing it over a beat and staying in rythm
dissonantblack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 dissonantblack
[QUOTE="dawgsfan1447"][QUOTE="dissonantblack"]rap does require skill. but not singing. you need good speach. you have to be able to talk fast without stuttering. and that is hard.Mind_Mover

How many times have you tried to talk in rhyme, while trying to make it mean something, without stuttering?

precisely my point. i can't do it without stuttering because i'm autistic. but even people who aren't have trouble. so it does require skill.
jim_shorts

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

#23 jim_shorts
Member since 2006 • 7320 Posts
I have heard some talent requiring rap, but 95% of what I hear is bad
Headz_Up

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 Headz_Up

http://youtube.com/watch?v=CLklnMWl63k  Papoose - Alphabetical Slaughter

http://youtube.com/watch?v=vKl-hLYvd8I  Papoose - Hail Mary

Headz_Up

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 Headz_Up

http://youtube.com/watch?v=i-dJ6xbrWHQ  Blackalicious - Alphabet Aerobics

Now thats skill...

Master_Greedo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 Master_Greedo

Headz_Up

The first one is pretty good, but someone did it before (Blackalicious) and the second one is the same old "imma gangsta look at my crew and cadilacs dog" thats on MTV all the time.
CatfishJohn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 CatfishJohn
Member since 2007 • 66 Posts
Im kind of sick of people saying "rap sucks" because they are so closed minded. I personally like all types of music but thats just me. Just sit down and put a rap cd and listen to the lryics and youll find out that you like some of it.
Headz_Up

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 Headz_Up
[QUOTE="Headz_Up"]

Master_Greedo

The first one is pretty good, but someone did it before (Blackalicious) and the second one is the same old "imma gangsta look at my crew and cadilacs dog" thats on MTV all the time.

the content of the second one is more gangster rap.. but i was talking about the lyracism.. uses a ton of multi's in that rap..
dawgsfan1447

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 dawgsfan1447
You all are talking about the talking and words and such. Thats not talent or skill, that just something you can do or can't do, it can't be practiced, you are just kind of born able to do it or not. I consider talents and skills something that have to be learned and practiced and take real dedication. Making music is not something you can just do, it takes a lot of dedication. Making a beat for rap doesnt take half a mind and then the actual rap is just something they do. Thats why rap doesn't take any skills, a special gift perhaps, but no real talent.
PierSkillz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 PierSkillz
Member since 2007 • 2952 Posts
Tupac - Hail Mary not papoose's copied version
Flaming_Ape

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 Flaming_Ape
Member since 2007 • 3246 Posts
Don't say that every again :evil:...rappers are extwemely talented!!
Headz_Up

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 Headz_Up
You all are talking about the talking and words and such. Thats not talent or skill, that just something you can do or can't do, it can't be practiced, you are just kind of born able to do it or not. I consider talents and skills something that have to be learned and practiced and take real dedication. Making music is not something you can just do, it takes a lot of dedication. Making a beat for rap doesnt take half a mind and then the actual rap is just something they do. Thats why rap doesn't take any skills, a special gift perhaps, but no real talent.dawgsfan1447
you are joking right? you can very well practice to become a good lyracist. you obviously have no idea about rapping..
Orlando_Magic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#33 Orlando_Magic
Member since 2002 • 37448 Posts
they really dont

they dont need to form a group, they dont need to play an instrument, they dont even need to sing.
comrade_sniperr

hey dood why don't you make a hit record and become a millionaire since it takes no talent.

dawgsfan1447

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 dawgsfan1447
[QUOTE="dawgsfan1447"]You all are talking about the talking and words and such. Thats not talent or skill, that just something you can do or can't do, it can't be practiced, you are just kind of born able to do it or not. I consider talents and skills something that have to be learned and practiced and take real dedication. Making music is not something you can just do, it takes a lot of dedication. Making a beat for rap doesnt take half a mind and then the actual rap is just something they do. Thats why rap doesn't take any skills, a special gift perhaps, but no real talent.Headz_Up
you are joking right? you can very well practice to become a good lyracist. you obviously have no idea about rapping..

I know it can be fine tuned, I'm not saying that, but you can't take somebody that cannot rap worth a flip and work and work with them and make them an amazing rapper, people just sometimes arent born with the creativity to to it, and others are. Anything can be fine tuned but I'm talking about starting from scratch here.
Headz_Up

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 Headz_Up
[QUOTE="comrade_sniperr"]they really dont

Orlando_Magic

hey dood why don't you make a hit record and become a millionaire since it takes no talent.

good point..
killtactics

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 killtactics
You all are talking about the talking and words and such. Thats not talent or skill, that just something you can do or can't do, it can't be practiced, you are just kind of born able to do it or not. I consider talents and skills something that have to be learned and practiced and take real dedication. Making music is not something you can just do, it takes a lot of dedication. Making a beat for rap doesnt take half a mind and then the actual rap is just something they do. Thats why rap doesn't take any skills, a special gift perhaps, but no real talent.dawgsfan1447
lol so rapping is something you are born with? u dont need any practice at all, as long as you are born with it u could make a album today.. hahahhaahahah your logic is great...
tycoonmike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#37 tycoonmike
Member since 2005 • 6082 Posts
Very few of today's rappers have talent. Rappers of the 80's and 90's had talent.
Mind_Mover

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 Mind_Mover
Member since 2005 • 1489 Posts
I could say the exact same thing but instead of rap i could say rock.Good music can be produced by talented people, being them rappers, rockers, goths ect..
Mercury88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 Mercury88
Member since 2005 • 5674 Posts
[QUOTE="comrade_sniperr"]they really dont

Orlando_Magic

Dang, you beat me to it! I was gonna say that :evil:
Master_Greedo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 Master_Greedo
Very few of today's rappers have talent. Rappers of the 80's and 90's had talent.tycoonmike
Don't forget the late 70's! :)
Headz_Up

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 Headz_Up
[QUOTE="Headz_Up"][QUOTE="dawgsfan1447"]You all are talking about the talking and words and such. Thats not talent or skill, that just something you can do or can't do, it can't be practiced, you are just kind of born able to do it or not. I consider talents and skills something that have to be learned and practiced and take real dedication. Making music is not something you can just do, it takes a lot of dedication. Making a beat for rap doesnt take half a mind and then the actual rap is just something they do. Thats why rap doesn't take any skills, a special gift perhaps, but no real talent.dawgsfan1447

I know it can be fine tuned, I'm not saying that, but you can't take somebody that cannot rap worth a flip and work and work with them and make them an amazing rapper, people just sometimes arent born with the creativity to to it, and others are. Anything can be fine tuned but I'm talking about starting from scratch here.

yes u can learn it. if you take someone who doesn't like rap, then they have no chance cuz they dont care. but if you listen to rap all the time, you start picking up things and learning. You learn to freestyle better, you expand your vocabulary and find sets of rhymes etc. hard to explain. My friend didn't used to like rap and couldn't freestyle worth a s***. He started listenin to rap and just from listening he can rap basic freestyles. If he would work at it he could become a good rapper.. (not like the pros but an alright rapper)
killtactics

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 killtactics
[QUOTE="Headz_Up"][QUOTE="dawgsfan1447"]You all are talking about the talking and words and such. Thats not talent or skill, that just something you can do or can't do, it can't be practiced, you are just kind of born able to do it or not. I consider talents and skills something that have to be learned and practiced and take real dedication. Making music is not something you can just do, it takes a lot of dedication. Making a beat for rap doesnt take half a mind and then the actual rap is just something they do. Thats why rap doesn't take any skills, a special gift perhaps, but no real talent.dawgsfan1447

that logic could be used for everything including pop, rock, country ect.......
Headz_Up

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 Headz_Up

yes u can learn it. if you take someone who doesn't like rap, then they have no chance cuz they dont care. but if you listen to rap all the time, you start picking up things and learning. You learn to freestyle better, you expand your vocabulary and find sets of rhymes etc. hard to explain. My friend didn't used to like rap and couldn't freestyle worth a s***. He started listenin to rap and just from listening he can rap basic freestyles. If he would work at it he could become a good rapper.. (not like the pros but an alright rapper)
dissonantblack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 dissonantblack
you can learn how yo rap. try taking a speech class.
DJ-PRIME90

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 34

#45 DJ-PRIME90
Member since 2004 • 11292 Posts
agreed.
M8ingSeezun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 M8ingSeezun
Member since 2007 • 2313 Posts

http://youtube.com/watch?v=CLklnMWl63k Papoose - Alphabetical Slaughter

http://youtube.com/watch?v=vKl-hLYvd8I Papoose - Hail Mary

Headz_Up

That still DOESN'T justify pure talent in rap music. Anybody who has a knack for writing alliteration can do it.
Plus, adding beats and intrumentals for the background DOESN'T do any justice to prove "talent" in rap.

If Papoose was playing a guitar or even playing drums and rapping at the same time, it would be a different story.

The level of difficulty of just learning to play Guitar, Bass and Drum is extremely overwhelming compared to what's involved in Rap, something most Idiotic dumb-as-dog sh-t Rock music Hating Hip-Hoppers don't seem to grasp and understand.

Surely, there's Wyclef, The Roots, The Beastie Boys, Lauren Hill who play thier own intruments and can Rap.....but there aren't enough of it going around in Rap.

branketra

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 9

#47 branketra
Member since 2006 • 51726 Posts
All your base are belong to us..It was alright to say that you just don't like rap, but because of this..now you just gave us a reason to rub it in:
Headz_Up

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 Headz_Up
[QUOTE="Headz_Up"]

http://youtube.com/watch?v=CLklnMWl63k Papoose - Alphabetical Slaughter

http://youtube.com/watch?v=vKl-hLYvd8I Papoose - Hail Mary

M8ingSeezun

That still DOESN'T justify pure talent in rap music. Anybody who has a knack for writing alliteration can do it.
Plus, adding beats and intrumentals for the background DOESN'T do any justice to prove "talent" in rap.

If Papoose was playing a guitar or even playing drums and rapping at the same time, it would be a different story.

The level of difficulty of just learning to play Guitar, Bass and Drum is extremely overwhelming compared to what's involved in Rap, something most Idiotic dumb-as-dog sh-t Rock music Hating Hip-Hoppers don't seem to grasp and understand.

Surely, there's Wyclef, The Roots, The Beastie Boys, Lauren Hill who play thier own intruments and can Rap.....but there aren't enough of it going around in Rap.

and singers play their own instruments and have to be smart? :/
buckfush311

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 buckfush311
Member since 2006 • 537 Posts
Poetry is a talent. Hip hop is poetry.
dawgsfan1447

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 dawgsfan1447
[QUOTE="dawgsfan1447"]You all are talking about the talking and words and such. Thats not talent or skill, that just something you can do or can't do, it can't be practiced, you are just kind of born able to do it or not. I consider talents and skills something that have to be learned and practiced and take real dedication. Making music is not something you can just do, it takes a lot of dedication. Making a beat for rap doesnt take half a mind and then the actual rap is just something they do. Thats why rap doesn't take any skills, a special gift perhaps, but no real talent.Mind_Mover
I could say the exact same thing but instead of rap i could say rock.Good music can be produced by talented people, being them rappers, rockers, goths ect..

No you couldn't, it takes years of learning how to play a guitar or other instrument (unless its the singer) to be able to produce good music. None of you are getting my point here. Are there music classes at school, can you take classes on how to play instruments? Yes. Are there classes on how to rap? No. Thats my point here. Of course you can pick up on things listning and get better, but it's not something you really learn and take all that dedication to do.