Poor kid has cerebral palsy - school won't let her use her walker

• 147 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

needled24-7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#51 needled24-7
Member since 2007 • 15902 Posts

[QUOTE="needled24-7"]

if the mom was going to sue, she probably would have done it the first time the girl fell

topsemag55

She is thinking about suing, but only to allow the walker to be used.

seems reasonable

needled24-7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#52 needled24-7

[QUOTE="needled24-7"]

[QUOTE="theSteeeeels"] yeah youre probably right. the headmaster is just an evil adult like in those kids movies. just hates those damn cerebral palsy losers and wants to annoy them. no other reason.theSteeeeels

if the mom was going to sue, she probably would have done it the first time the girl fell

except she wouldnt sue over a scratched knee. next time it could actually be serious.

yeah i'm sure the only reason she wants her kid to use the walker is so that if the kid falls and hurts herself, she can sue the school and get lots of money. you've uncovered her diabolical plan!!!1!!

Nibroc420

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#53 Nibroc420
Member since 2007 • 13571 Posts

[QUOTE="theSteeeeels"][QUOTE="topsemag55"]

Oh? She loves her child, wants her to have a chance to live, to learn, and you think that's wrong?:x

needled24-7

if she knew she was going to turn out like that she couldve aborted and got a proper one. which a retarded baby (no offence) you KNOW youre in for problems. and expecting the whole world to cater to a 0.00001 minority is simply unreasonable.

letting a child with cerebral palsy use a walker is not catering to the kid. the school doesn't have to change anything they do. the girl's just using a walker, it's not like they have to build wheelchair ramps or anything. they probably already have those anyways though.

While at school the teachers/staff are responsible for the students. The school is refusing to allow the walker, because they believe the walker itself to be unsafe. It's like if her mom made one out of straws, and the school said "that's not exactly safe, there is a good chance it wont support her weight" and the mother got all crazed about it. Just give the girl something that wont fail 99% of the time, FFS she's 5 i really doubt she fully understands how the walker works and all it's safety feature. The girl has already fallen because he walker collapsed under her, clearly they need to find something safer for the child.
topsemag55

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#54 topsemag55
Member since 2007 • 19063 Posts

[QUOTE="Charazani"][QUOTE="topsemag55"]

Boxing the trolls in one forum is a HUGE win. OT needed this badly.

Charazani

Perhaps. Though just seems like things will return to the old ways since they will just work around the rules to troll.

Adding to this. Seems like a tdh on GS. Does little to solve the troll issue. a step backwards. As it is now the ah thing is not really a seperate community. Just seems like an extension of this one but with less value.

nope

We needed a board to have real discussions instead of trollfests in every thread.

theSteeeeels

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55 theSteeeeels
Member since 2011 • 520 Posts

[QUOTE="theSteeeeels"][QUOTE="needled24-7"]if the mom was going to sue, she probably would have done it the first time the girl fell

needled24-7

except she wouldnt sue over a scratched knee. next time it could actually be serious.

yeah i'm sure the only reason she wants her kid to use the walker is so that if the kid falls and hurts herself, she can sue the school and get lots of money. you've uncovered her diabolical plan!!!1!!

not what i said at all. the school is just protecting itself.
Nibroc420

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56 Nibroc420

[QUOTE="needled24-7"]

[QUOTE="theSteeeeels"] except she wouldnt sue over a scratched knee. next time it could actually be serious.theSteeeeels

"But, but, my child should be allowed to ride around in a wheelchair with square wheels, he needs it for his disability"
"Sir, every time the wheels rotate, it throws your child off his chair and onto the floor and he hurts himself. Can you not find something safer? perhaps round wheels?"
"This is discrimination, I'll sue you!" some people these days...

Just-Breathe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57 Just-Breathe
Member since 2011 • 3130 Posts

[QUOTE="chilly-chill"]:lol: topsemag55

Umm...OTAH is supposed to be your new home.:lol:

:lol:

I thought you left OT for good

topsemag55

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58 topsemag55

Just-Breathe

Still up in the air, I couldn't pass up this because it really bothered me that a school would do this to a disabled person.

If I hadn't seen it, well...:P

needled24-7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59 needled24-7

[QUOTE="needled24-7"]

[QUOTE="theSteeeeels"] except she wouldnt sue over a scratched knee. next time it could actually be serious.theSteeeeels

i know the school is just protecting itself, but the kid needs a walker to get around. the video showed the walker folding, which i'm assuming is what happened when it collapsed. stuff doesn't just break for no reason; it was probably user error. how about the teachers just check and make sure the walker is locked in place each time the girl uses it?

Nibroc420

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60 Nibroc420

[QUOTE="Just-Breathe"]

topsemag55

Still up in the air, I couldn't pass up this because it really bothered me that a school would do this to a disabled person.

The school is just asking for a safer "walker" Something that doesn't collapse under the child's weight?
Charazani

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61 Charazani
Member since 2011 • 2919 Posts

We needed a board to have real discussions instead of trollfests in every thread.

topsemag55
The blatant trolling will be nice to see gone. Did you see the threads with the trolling? When you were not posting here. Quite terrible. Though you left because of to what the board was. Do not see it getting much better. Just diffrent from when you were gone.
needled24-7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62 needled24-7

[QUOTE="topsemag55"]

[QUOTE="Just-Breathe"]

Nibroc420

The school is just asking for a safer "walker" Something that doesn't collapse under the child's weight?

i watched the video and i don't remember hearing anything about the school saying they just wanted her to use a different walker. but if i just missed it, point out where that was said.

topsemag55

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63 topsemag55

The school is just asking for a safer "walker" Something that doesn't collapse under the child's weight?Nibroc420

I had to use one for a time after a very bad vehicle accident. Some are difficult to lock. A 5-year-old kid doesn't have a lot of strength, so it's the teacher's responsibility to care for their students.

MrPraline

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64 MrPraline
Member since 2008 • 21351 Posts
We needed a board to have real discussions instead of trollfests in every thread.topsemag55
Can we make a news board too?
Just-Breathe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65 Just-Breathe
Member since 2011 • 3130 Posts
[QUOTE="topsemag55"]We needed a board to have real discussions instead of trollfests in every thread.MrPraline

Oh god please I don't want yahoo news articles like this being posted every day And yes I know this isn't from yahoo
topsemag55

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66 topsemag55

[QUOTE="topsemag55"]

Charazani

The blatant trolling will be nice to see gone. Did you see the threads with the trolling? When you were not posting here. Quite terrible. Though you left because of to what the board was. Do not see it getting much better. Just diffrent from when you were gone.

Nope, I heard about Synthia's thread, figured maybe OT had a new lease on life, traffic would return.

MrPraline

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67 MrPraline
[QUOTE="MrPraline"][QUOTE="topsemag55"]We needed a board to have real discussions instead of trollfests in every thread.Just-Breathe

Oh god please I don't want yahoo news articles like this being posted every day And yes I know this isn't from yahoo

And maybe a board dedicated to posting with the myopic world view of dividing everything in left and right.
topsemag55

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68 topsemag55

Can we make a news board too? MrPraline

Wow, you're back?:o

That's cool.

theSteeeeels

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69 theSteeeeels

[QUOTE="theSteeeeels"][QUOTE="needled24-7"]yeah i'm sure the only reason she wants her kid to use the walker is so that if the kid falls and hurts herself, she can sue the school and get lots of money. you've uncovered her diabolical plan!!!1!!

needled24-7

i know the school is just protecting itself, but the kid needs a walker to get around. the video showed the walker folding, which i'm assuming is what happened when it collapsed. stuff doesn't just break for no reason; it was probably user error. how about the teachers just check and make sure the walker is locked in place each time the girl uses it?

well thats the problem she falls, damages her head "but youre teachers didnt check the walker properly!!!"
MrPraline

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70 MrPraline

[QUOTE="MrPraline"] Can we make a news board too? topsemag55

That's cool.

:3 Yeah Jody brought me back about a month ago.
needled24-7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71 needled24-7

[QUOTE="needled24-7"]

[QUOTE="theSteeeeels"] not what i said at all. the school is just protecting itself.theSteeeeels

well thats the problem she falls, damages her head "but youre teachers didnt check the walker properly!!!"

so what do you suggest they do?

Nibroc420

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72 Nibroc420

[QUOTE="Nibroc420"] The school is just asking for a safer "walker" Something that doesn't collapse under the child's weight?topsemag55

I had to use one for a time after a very bad vehicle accident. Some are difficult to lock. A 5-year-old kid doesn't have a lot of strength, so it's the teacher's responsibility to care for their students.

However a teacher who'd never seen/used one might not know all the safety features. The school doesn't want to be responsible if this child is unable to use her walker in a safe manner, and due to that gets hurt under their watch.
"Basically she can't use the walker because we don't think it's safe,"....She recently fell down in the parking lot when the equipment collapsed. the Article
Meaning she made it out of her classroom, and outside before it collapsed under her weight, or from a defect. The school is just watching their own ***, because they dont want to get sued when this girl gets hurt.
topsemag55

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73 topsemag55

[QUOTE="topsemag55"]

[QUOTE="MrPraline"] Can we make a news board too? MrPraline

That's cool.

:3 Yeah Jody brought me back about a month ago.

OMG, I missed your posts. I remember you made OT fun way back when.:D

theSteeeeels

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#74 theSteeeeels

[QUOTE="theSteeeeels"][QUOTE="needled24-7"]i know the school is just protecting itself, but the kid needs a walker to get around. the video showed the walker folding, which i'm assuming is what happened when it collapsed. stuff doesn't just break for no reason; it was probably user error. how about the teachers just check and make sure the walker is locked in place each time the girl uses it?

needled24-7

im not suggesting anythig. merely pointing out WHY they have done what they have done. shedding some light to the OP that the school isnt all 'evil' and terrible as hes making out. they have their reasons.
Charazani

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#75 Charazani

topsemag55

Nope, I heard about Synthia's thread, figured maybe OT had a new lease on life, traffic would return.

Oh. The new board just seems like a way to get rid of issues that popped up after you left. Does not really seem like a way to fix issues prior to you leaving. So not really addressing anything you would want.
MrPraline

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#76 MrPraline
Haha, thanks man. It's been bizarre posting again. And yeah, the OT after hours was opened a few days ago. Seems a bit slow still.
Nibroc420

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#77 Nibroc420
[QUOTE="needled24-7"]

[QUOTE="theSteeeeels"] well thats the problem she falls, damages her head "but youre teachers didnt check the walker properly!!!"theSteeeeels

im not suggesting anythig. merely pointing out WHY they have done what they have done. shedding some light to the OP that the school isnt all 'evil' and terrible as hes making out. they have their reasons.

This. It's not like the walker works perfectly fine, and there's never been an issue until one day they're like "nope, cant use it anymore, cause we say so" The walker collapsed, the girl was injured, the school does not want it to happen again because if she's seriously hurt they could be held liable. If the mother would find something safer to assist the girl in getting around, I'm sure the school would be happy to give it a shot. As is the walker is not going to cut it, get the right f***ing equipment to ensure the safety of your child.
needled24-7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#78 needled24-7

[QUOTE="needled24-7"]

[QUOTE="theSteeeeels"] well thats the problem she falls, damages her head "but youre teachers didnt check the walker properly!!!"theSteeeeels

i see.

i agree that the school is just trying to keep themselves from getting sued. but the girl has to be able to get around.

ghoklebutter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#79 ghoklebutter
Member since 2007 • 19327 Posts
Haha, thanks man. It's been bizarre posting again. And yeah, the OT after hours was opened a few days ago. Seems a bit slow still.MrPraline
lol every day someone wants to be your friend
topsemag55

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#80 topsemag55

Haha, thanks man. It's been bizarre posting again. And yeah, the OT after hours was opened a few days ago. Seems a bit slow still.MrPraline

Now if we could get DrSponge back, he always made me laugh.:lol:

topsemag55

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#81 topsemag55

[QUOTE="MrPraline"]Haha, thanks man. It's been bizarre posting again. And yeah, the OT after hours was opened a few days ago. Seems a bit slow still.ghoklebutter

MrPraline is an OT vet, he was posting here when I was Level 8.

DroidPhysX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#82 DroidPhysX
Member since 2010 • 17098 Posts

Hello Topse

Charazani

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#83 Charazani

[QUOTE="ghoklebutter"][QUOTE="MrPraline"]Haha, thanks man. It's been bizarre posting again. And yeah, the OT after hours was opened a few days ago. Seems a bit slow still.topsemag55

How was OT back in the day?
Nibroc420

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#84 Nibroc420
[QUOTE="topsemag55"]

[QUOTE="ghoklebutter"] lol every day someone wants to be your friend Charazani

The same, but i had to try harder.
topsemag55

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#85 topsemag55

Hello Topse

DroidPhysX

Hi Droid. Sorry about before.

Charazani

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#86 Charazani

Nibroc420

You are a very negative aspect to the community.
DroidPhysX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#87 DroidPhysX
Member since 2010 • 17098 Posts

[QUOTE="DroidPhysX"]

Hello Topse

topsemag55

Nah, it's alright. Mostly my fault. Though its good to see you back on OT.
topsemag55

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#88 topsemag55

[QUOTE="topsemag55"]

[QUOTE="ghoklebutter"] lol every day someone wants to be your friend Charazani

Great times.

Pianist and Sun-Tzu debating topics.MrPraline, DrSponge adding some great fun.

Threads were enjoyable to read - bottom line, we had great people.

I don't know where things went wrong, but before OT was different.

I'm glad to see people like MrPraline come back, because it brings back memories of a different OT.

Seraphy-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#89 Seraphy-
Member since 2011 • 1562 Posts
that sucks also, glad to see you get to work fast tops
topsemag55

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#90 topsemag55

[QUOTE="topsemag55"]

[QUOTE="DroidPhysX"]

Hello Topse

DroidPhysX

Nah, it's alright. Mostly my fault. Though its good to see you back on OT.

Thanks. Feels a little strange, maybe I'll get used to it. Kind of freaky seeing old faces back again, but it's a good kind of freaky.

Charazani

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#91 Charazani

topsemag55

Great times.

Pianist and Sun-Tzu debating topics.MrPraline, DrSponge adding some great fun.

Threads were enjoyable to read - bottom line, we had great people.

I don't know where things went wrong, but before OT was different.

I'm glad to see people like MrPraline come back, because it brings back memories of a different OT.

Poor Sun :(
topsemag55

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#92 topsemag55

that sucks also, glad to see you get to work fast topsSeraphy-

Sera? What happened to your main, did you dump it?

topsemag55

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#93 topsemag55

Poor Sun :(Charazani

What do you mean?

Slashless

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 88

#94 Slashless
Member since 2011 • 9534 Posts

'ello topse

Nibroc420

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#95 Nibroc420

[QUOTE="Nibroc420"][QUOTE="Charazani"] How was OT back in the day?Charazani

You are a very negative aspect to the community.

I'm glad to have contributed something, rather than nothing. Even if you view it as a negative thing.

rawsavon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#96 rawsavon
Member since 2004 • 40001 Posts
Welcome back old man. How is retirement treating you? Speaking of retirement, how is 'OT unretirement' treating you? Are you going to leave again when this all revealed to be an april fools joke? On topic: Hooray for news threads
Charazani

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#97 Charazani

[QUOTE="Charazani"] Poor Sun :(topsemag55

What do you mean?

Like OT , somewhere along the line he broke. Some trace it back to when/how he lost his modship.
horgen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#98 horgen  Moderator
Member since 2006 • 127526 Posts
Nice to see you posting news thread again Topse...

Anyway that seems awfully wrong. It can't be 100% failproof and she is only 5... Perhaps the teacher should help her a bit out if she can...
rawsavon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#99 rawsavon
Member since 2004 • 40001 Posts
[QUOTE="topsemag55"]We needed a board to have real discussions instead of trollfests in every thread.MrPraline

do they even allow solitary confinement in your country?
topsemag55

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#100 topsemag55

Welcome back old man. How is retirement treating you? Speaking of retirement, how is 'OT unretirement' treating you? Are you going to leave again when this all revealed to be an april fools joke? On topic: Hooray for news threadsrawsavon

I wondered if this was April Fools, but c_rake said "no, it's too tame" on another board.

If it is, it doesn't stack up to Spazz-Solidruss.