Police arrest woman for videotaping them on her own property

• 190 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

MushroomWig

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 MushroomWig
Member since 2009 • 11625 Posts

Link..

The video makes me feel sick.

What's wrong with these people? Feeling unsafe because someone is filming them on their own property? Completely insane!

JML897

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 JML897
Member since 2004 • 33134 Posts
:lol: at the cops saying she was saying stuff before she started taping even though in the beginning of the video it's obvious that the cops just noticed her standing there right then.
xTheExploited

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 xTheExploited
Member since 2007 • 12094 Posts

LMAO that sly f***. "you seem very anti-police... due to what you said to me before you started taping me."

KamuiFei

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 24

#4 KamuiFei
Member since 2003 • 4334 Posts

Talk about unlawful... Then again I've been around Rochester NY before, it doesn't surprise me the cops there would do this.

mrmusicman247

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 mrmusicman247
Member since 2008 • 17601 Posts
Police were right to ask her to go into the house. But that's not enough for arrest, I don't think.
JML897

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 JML897
Member since 2004 • 33134 Posts

LMAO that sly f***. "you seem very anti-police... due to what you said to me before you started taping me."

xTheExploited

They're not that sly when they unjustly arrest someone when they know she has the whole thing on tape. :P

MushroomWig

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 MushroomWig
Police were right to ask her to go into the house. mrmusicman247
They were? Why?
OmniXIISlash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 OmniXIISlash
Member since 2011 • 39 Posts
well cops are jerks I guess...
mrmusicman247

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 mrmusicman247

LMAO that sly f***. "you seem very anti-police... due to what you said to me before you started taping me." xTheExploited

Clever son of a gun :lol:

OmniXIISlash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 OmniXIISlash
Police were right to ask her to go into the house. But that's not enough for arrest, I don't think. mrmusicman247
She has every right to be on her property. She wasn't doing anything illegal and it appeared that she wasn't intoxicated. If any charges stick on her I'm disgusted in america.
mrmusicman247

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 mrmusicman247
[QUOTE="mrmusicman247"]Police were right to ask her to go into the house. MushroomWig
They were? Why?

She said she was a friend of the person who was being arrested. They didn't know if she would attack them to free her friend while they weren't looking. At least that's what I think,
DroidPhysX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#12 DroidPhysX
Member since 2010 • 17098 Posts
[QUOTE="mrmusicman247"]Police were right to ask her to go into the house. But that's not enough for arrest, I don't think. OmniXIISlash
She has every right to be on her property. She wasn't doing anything illegal and it appeared that she wasn't intoxicated. If any charges stick on her I'm disgusted in america.

I'm pretty sure you can't tape the criminal being arrested without having him/her signing a wavier. I may be wrong though.
CammiTac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 CammiTac
Member since 2011 • 1179 Posts

I'm not exactly sure what is happening in that video, but from what I gather she was recording them arresting someone, but from her own property. They asked her to stop but she refused (because what she was doing was legal, right?). So then they arrested her, and let the original guy they were arresting go?

Well, I'm thinking about going to school in Rochester next year. I'm glad to know that the police there will keep me safe. :P

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 LJS9502_basic
Member since 2003 • 178845 Posts
Not that I defend cops....but she was warned several times.
linkin_guy109

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#15 linkin_guy109
Member since 2005 • 8864 Posts
[QUOTE="MushroomWig"][QUOTE="mrmusicman247"]Police were right to ask her to go into the house. mrmusicman247
They were? Why?

She said she was a friend of the person who was being arrested. They didn't know if she would attack them to free her friend while they weren't looking. At least that's what I think,

that seems to me like it would fall under the guilty until proven innocent principle, which i dont think is the right way to deal with things
OmniXIISlash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 OmniXIISlash
[QUOTE="OmniXIISlash"][QUOTE="mrmusicman247"]Police were right to ask her to go into the house. But that's not enough for arrest, I don't think. DroidPhysX

I'm pretty sure you can't tape the criminal being arrested without having him/her signing a wavier. I may be wrong though.

Well it's good the guy wasn't arrested and the cop never said that. He arrested her for not following his orders which were unreasonable and a clear violation of her rights.
Riverwolf007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 Riverwolf007
Member since 2005 • 26023 Posts

i'm pro police but with that being said i consider every encounter with them a life and death situation.

the vast majority are on your side but individuals are individuals and you never can be sure of how an encounter will go.

OmniXIISlash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 OmniXIISlash
Not that I defend cops....but she was warned several times.LJS9502_basic
She backed up when they asked her to. It's was unreasonable for them to tell her to go inside. The cops can't take away your rights when you're doing nothing wrong like that.
mrmusicman247

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 mrmusicman247
[QUOTE="linkin_guy109"][QUOTE="mrmusicman247"][QUOTE="MushroomWig"] They were? Why?

that seems to me like it would fall under the guilty until proven innocent principle, which i dont think is the right way to deal with things

Not really guilty. Suspicious, yes. But not guilty. If it was guilty, they would have arrested her after the first warning.
Riverwolf007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 Riverwolf007
Member since 2005 • 26023 Posts

[QUOTE="OmniXIISlash"][QUOTE="mrmusicman247"]Police were right to ask her to go into the house. But that's not enough for arrest, I don't think. DroidPhysX

if that was true all surveillance cameras would be illegal on the off chance someone being arrestedcould be filmed by accident.

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 LJS9502_basic
[QUOTE="LJS9502_basic"]Not that I defend cops....but she was warned several times.OmniXIISlash
She backed up when they asked her to. It's was unreasonable for them to tell her to go inside. The cops can't take away your rights when you're doing nothing wrong like that.

If they feel threatened...then it's not an unreasonable request. She should have complied. In the end....she had to spend time in jail rather than the house. Who won that argument?
AngelNeo00

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 AngelNeo00
Member since 2009 • 392 Posts

[QUOTE="OmniXIISlash"][QUOTE="LJS9502_basic"]Not that I defend cops....but she was warned several times.LJS9502_basic

If they feel threatened...then it's not an unreasonable request. She should have complied. In the end....she had to spend time in jail rather than the house. Who won that argument?

Threaten by a female holding a camera? Cmon this was definitely an unlawful arrest

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 LJS9502_basic

[QUOTE="LJS9502_basic"][QUOTE="OmniXIISlash"] She backed up when they asked her to. It's was unreasonable for them to tell her to go inside. The cops can't take away your rights when you're doing nothing wrong like that. AngelNeo00

Threaten by a female holding a camera? Cmon this was definitely an unlawful arrest

As I said I don't wish to defend cops....but the arrest isn't unlawful. You are not allowed to impede the police from performing their duty. Considering he said several times he didn't feel safe...the arrest will stand and she'll end up paying a fine undoubtedly to the court.
Avatar image for deactivated-59f03d6ce656b
deactivated-59f03d6ce656b

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 deactivated-59f03d6ce656b
Member since 2009 • 2944 Posts
[QUOTE="AngelNeo00"]

[QUOTE="LJS9502_basic"] If they feel threatened...then it's not an unreasonable request. She should have complied. In the end....she had to spend time in jail rather than the house. Who won that argument?LJS9502_basic

As I said I don't wish to defend cops....but the arrest isn't unlawful. You are not allowed to impede the police from performing their duty. Considering he said several times he didn't feel safe...the arrest will stand and she'll end up paying a fine undoubtedly to the court.

Some lady standing there with a video camera scares 3 cops? That makes a lot of sense.
comp_atkins

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#25 comp_atkins
Member since 2005 • 38678 Posts

tripod? leave the camera taping them and go inside.

needled24-7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 needled24-7
Member since 2007 • 15902 Posts

[QUOTE="AngelNeo00"]

[QUOTE="LJS9502_basic"] If they feel threatened...then it's not an unreasonable request. She should have complied. In the end....she had to spend time in jail rather than the house. Who won that argument?LJS9502_basic

if cops are allowed to arrest people because they "don't feel safe" then they could arrest nearly whoever they want, just gotta say they didn't feel safe. i video camera is not threatening at all, if she was video taping the incident and was also holding a gun, then i would think differently about it.

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 LJS9502_basic

[QUOTE="LJS9502_basic"][QUOTE="AngelNeo00"] Threaten by a female holding a camera? Cmon this was definitely an unlawful arrest

Person0

Some lady standing there with a video camera scares 3 cops? That makes a lot of sense.

Doesn't matter. She was warned several times. Her fault....

AngelNeo00

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 AngelNeo00
Member since 2009 • 392 Posts
[QUOTE="AngelNeo00"]

Understood, however, I don't see how she was not allowing the police to perform their duty. All she was doing was recording which does not impede the officers in anyway. If anything it puts the officers on notice and makes them perform their job better.
OmniXIISlash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 OmniXIISlash
[QUOTE="OmniXIISlash"][QUOTE="LJS9502_basic"]Not that I defend cops....but she was warned several times.LJS9502_basic

She wasn't being threatening. Now if a cop ever tells me to go inside when I'm on my own property he better feel threatened cause I'm going to hurt him.
Avatar image for deactivated-59f03d6ce656b
deactivated-59f03d6ce656b

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 deactivated-59f03d6ce656b
Member since 2009 • 2944 Posts

[QUOTE="Person0"][QUOTE="LJS9502_basic"]As I said I don't wish to defend cops....but the arrest isn't unlawful. You are not allowed to impede the police from performing their duty. Considering he said several times he didn't feel safe...the arrest will stand and she'll end up paying a fine undoubtedly to the court.LJS9502_basic

But she was doing nothing wrong. She was on her property, making no distractions, and did not threaten anybody. A cop can not just force you to go inside your house for no reason.
OmniXIISlash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 OmniXIISlash

[QUOTE="Person0"][QUOTE="LJS9502_basic"]As I said I don't wish to defend cops....but the arrest isn't unlawful. You are not allowed to impede the police from performing their duty. Considering he said several times he didn't feel safe...the arrest will stand and she'll end up paying a fine undoubtedly to the court.LJS9502_basic

I'm warning you to never post on these forums again. If you do I'm going to have to arrest you and take you to jail. Now does that make sense? no? Cops can't make unreasonable requests like that.
Yongying

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 Yongying
Member since 2007 • 1220 Posts

[QUOTE="LJS9502_basic"][QUOTE="AngelNeo00"] Threaten by a female holding a camera? Cmon this was definitely an unlawful arrest

Person0

That camera is a weapon of mass distracion and is impeding the police officers from doing illegal things themselves, that is why she was arrested. I see no other logic.

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 LJS9502_basic
[QUOTE="OmniXIISlash"][QUOTE="LJS9502_basic"][QUOTE="OmniXIISlash"] She backed up when they asked her to. It's was unreasonable for them to tell her to go inside. The cops can't take away your rights when you're doing nothing wrong like that.

She wasn't being threatening. Now if a cop ever tells me to go inside when I'm on my own property he better feel threatened cause I'm going to hurt him.

As I said....the law backs up the cops. *shrugs*
Sunfyre7896

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 Sunfyre7896
Member since 2011 • 1644 Posts

Just another way that cops try to assert their authority through bullying. They make up crap about feeling unsafe just because someone is outside in their yard with nothing but a camera. Like someone couldn't shoot them through their window. That cop should be on suspension without pay for pure stupidity. Maybe even fired depending on what he has done thus far. On the show Cops, you always see people outside in their yards and on the street watching, so he can't say this is the first time that people have seen hime arrest someone. It was purely because he was being filmed. If he had nothing to hide, then there wouldn't be a problem. Leads me to believe that he's dirty and that he doesn't like the fact that there is a chance that he could be caught for police brutality or theft or whatever. Cops like him make me sick yet they make up a decent proportion. And they wonder why people don't trust the police. F***in sorry bunch. Power corrupts. It's obvious watching things like this.

Avatar image for deactivated-5c03000d4b1b4
deactivated-5c03000d4b1b4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 deactivated-5c03000d4b1b4
Member since 2010 • 1750 Posts
i have friends that are cops. really nice people. wished i was a police officer
MushroomWig

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 MushroomWig
i have friends that are cops. really nice people. wished i was a police officernarutosup
Same here, there are clearly plenty of good cops out there. It's just a shame that certain cops feel the need to act like this. There was literally nothing to gain from arresting her and for them to say such an obvious lie was just disgusting.
Sunfyre7896

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 Sunfyre7896

There's always that "one guy" on every thread. I'm surrounded at the moment.

Toriko42

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 45

#38 Toriko42
Member since 2006 • 27562 Posts

This is why I can't stand the police. I've never had a good experience with any cop and this shows pretty much every problem I have with them. Can't trust them one bit...

Yongying

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 Yongying

[QUOTE="OmniXIISlash"][QUOTE="LJS9502_basic"] If they feel threatened...then it's not an unreasonable request. She should have complied. In the end....she had to spend time in jail rather than the house. Who won that argument?LJS9502_basic

There is the law, and also the corrupt side of it. The corrupt side would back up those cops. A corrupt law is anti American.

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 LJS9502_basic

[QUOTE="LJS9502_basic"][QUOTE="OmniXIISlash"] She wasn't being threatening. Now if a cop ever tells me to go inside when I'm on my own property he better feel threatened cause I'm going to hurt him. Yongying

There is the law, and also the corrupt side of it. The corrupt side would back up those cops. A corrupt law is anti American.

It's not a corrupt law to not permit citizens from getting in the way of police work. Cops have to have situations under control at all times. First...we don't know anything that happened prior to her recording or at least what is released from the recording. Second...if a cop tells you to move...you leave. Simple.
needled24-7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 needled24-7

wow, the woman was trying to be polite even, the cop must have been in a bad mood or something. "i don't feel safe with you standing behind us" there's 3 of them, one of them can watch the suspect, one of them can search the car, and one of them can watch the girl filming, that way nobody gets hurt :|

-Shooter-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 -Shooter-
Member since 2006 • 4295 Posts

Cops like this are responsible for the bad impressions of the police, which many good, honest ones have to deal with. :(

needled24-7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 needled24-7

[QUOTE="Yongying"]

[QUOTE="LJS9502_basic"] As I said....the law backs up the cops. *shrugs*LJS9502_basic

It's not a corrupt law to not permit citizens from getting in the way of police work. Cops have to have situations under control at all times. First...we don't know anything that happened prior to her recording or at least what is released from the recording. Second...if a cop tells you to move...you leave. Simple.

if a cop told you to walk into the middle of interstate traffic, would you do it?

DJ419

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 DJ419
Member since 2005 • 1016 Posts

I'll give this 1 week before it is completely forgotten by the public and nothing will come out of it, and I will give somewhere between 20 to 30 days before the next video of someone getting arrested in an unreasonable fashoin, thus starting the cycle all over again. Business as usual people, until police start demanding money from you or they'll arrest you or start routinely raping and killing people. Just do what they say and there won't be any problems. I'm not really sure what this women was getting out of video taping someone getting arrested.

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 LJS9502_basic

Cops like this are responsible for the bad impressions of the police, which many good, honest ones have to deal with. :(

-Shooter-
I don't know....he had more patience with her than most cops would. And it's not like they confiscated her camera. Whether you (in general) like cops or not....they are in a dangerous and stressful job. If they considered her a threat....and from the video at least one did...then they can tell you to disperse or go inside. She should have done that.
MushroomWig

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 MushroomWig
Second...if a cop tells you to move...you leave. Simple.LJS9502_basic
Obviously that depends on the situation, something similar happened here in the UK and it turned out completely different; http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lWHcugN1Tyg&feature=player_embedded It's a shame that people will just bend over backwards just because an officer says so.
Sunfyre7896

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 Sunfyre7896

[QUOTE="Yongying"]

[QUOTE="LJS9502_basic"] As I said....the law backs up the cops. *shrugs*LJS9502_basic

I know that you want to back up the cops at every turn, but points to make. First, she was standing in her yard nowhere close to what was happening, how was she impeding? Was she screaming at them? Was she actually physically getting in the way? Secondly, SHE WAS STANDING IN HER YARD. That is her property and she was doing absolutely NOTHING illegal. They can't just legally tell you to do something in your own property just because of an excuse. If this was so, then all they have to do when they suspect anything is to knock on your door and when you answer, they just simply tell you to open the door, let them in, and let them search your entire place. According to you, you should listen to them at ALL times. Why not just let them tell you to let them in and you do it? Who needs privacy and rights when the cops authority is on the line. If a cop told you to bark and hop around like a dog, would do it, for no reason, other than the cop told you to? I'm sorry. I just can't listen just because They said when you're not in the way and you're on your own property being completely legal. It's called abuse of power.

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 LJS9502_basic

[QUOTE="LJS9502_basic"][QUOTE="Yongying"]There is the law, and also the corrupt side of it. The corrupt side would back up those cops. A corrupt law is anti American.

needled24-7

if a cop told you to walk into the middle of interstate traffic, would you do it?

Bad analogy. He didn't tell her to do anything dangerous. He asked that she remove herself from the vicinity of their presence while apprehending someone.
Yongying

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 Yongying

[QUOTE="Yongying"]

She was not in their way, she was on her property and wasn't doing anything illegal acording to the law, so, what law are you refering to if not the corrupt side of it? Secondly, in that circumstance, if a cop tells you to leave your property you have every right to refuse without being unlawfully arrested.

Saturos3091

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#50 Saturos3091
Member since 2005 • 14937 Posts

Man I wish every state was a POLICE STATE like New York. That way we can arrest evil wrongdoers like this and then pay more tax dollars to keep them in prison. Just think about the benefits our police force will have from all that extra money!

This right here is the reason 2nd Amendment exists - not so that we can defend our property, but so we can make a statement as to the stupidity of laws passed by fat, incompetent officials elected by the uneducated masses.

Granted, if a lawyer saw this video, he'd eat them alive in court. Those cops would be out of their job. I can only hope that is the case. Morons like that shouldn't be "defending" innocents.