Pet Peeves- what are yours?

• 67 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Avatar image for deactivated-5901ac91d8e33
deactivated-5901ac91d8e33

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#51 deactivated-5901ac91d8e33
Member since 2004 • 17092 Posts
I hate it when people disagree with me. They know that they're wrong but they keep on bothering me.
LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#52 LJS9502_basic
Member since 2003 • 178860 Posts
Intolerance, self righteousness....attention seeking egos. Which some people fall into over the internet as well.;)

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#53 105506
Member since 2004 • 5285 Posts

Teenage Drivers that overaccelerate their Hondas to the point that the engine is about to come out of the exhaust.

Bloodbath_87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#54 Bloodbath_87
Member since 2008 • 7586 Posts
I hate just about everything...my list would be way too big.
darkIink

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55 darkIink
Member since 2006 • 2705 Posts

WHEN 2 SLOW PEOPLE WALK NEXT TO EACH OTHER AT THE SAME SPEED SO THERE IS NO WAY TO PASS THEM WITHOUT PUSHING THEM ASIDE and then they look at you funny, and in my head I'm like well don't BLOCK THE SIDEWALK!

People listening to music with headphones SO LOUD THAT YOU CAN HEAR THE LYRICS CLEARLY 10 FEET AWAY OVER THE LOUD BUS ENGINE! I always want to rip their headphones out, throw the headphones on the floor and curb-stomp them.

and more:

creationists

people talking loudly in class... if you're not going to pay attention why did you come? go back to your dorm and talk there as loud as you like

people who use "lol" more than 10 times in a minute

people who use their phone's speaker to listen to music because THEY CAN"T AFFORD $10 HEADPHONES BUT THEY CAN AFFORD A $100 CELL PHONE WTF?

pop music, it seems anyone can sing half-assed and get the remixer to fix it, and then stupid teens give the no-talent jerks millions of $ while somewhere out in the country some real talented bands/rappers/solo singers may not get a break.

stupid people in general

BobRea

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#56 BobRea
Member since 2005 • 681 Posts
I hate repeating myself and I hate uncapped pens.
KidMob

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57 KidMob
Member since 2008 • 474 Posts

People who say LOL in real life conversations.

People who think they know everything.

People who want to know everything.

People who don't know anything.

People who use the bathroom while they're talking to you on the phone.

bobstos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#58 bobstos
Member since 2003 • 2964 Posts
People who pronounce "Rock on" as "raccoon".1mpaler-w6rbnd
never really heard of that one... where are you from?
Skylarkell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59 Skylarkell
Member since 2007 • 2797 Posts

When I have to repeat myself a lot

A conversation is stopped because of a text message

Bad Drivers

Masterdj1992

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60 Masterdj1992
Member since 2007 • 977 Posts

When people won't make decisions. My two best friends are horrible with this. They are usually in my group during AP Biology, which is a very fast-paced class where you don't have much time to sit and wait to decide on stuff. During labs, they will spend 10-15 minutes just staring at each other trying to figure out what decision to make, and usually I have to step in and just do something for them to even appear alive.

Funny that they are so bad with decisions, I was the one that had to freakin get them to ask each other out. They had liked each other for a couple months, and would both talk to me about it and make me the middle man between them, and finally I couldn't take it anymore and told them to stop sending me texts at the same time and just text each other. Now they're all happy. Yay. :|

Another pet peeve of mine is when people won't talk to you at all online, but then all of a sudden they IM you out of nowhere. Before they even say anything, I know they are doing it because they need something, and without a doubt the next message will be "Hey do you know the homework for...?"

And National Honor Society at my school is ridiculous. I was just accepted, and all it is doing is showing me that the "smartest" people in my school are the most disorganized bunch of people I've ever met. Grr!

Rockclmbr6

When people post long topics in an opinion thread that no one reads more than a sentence or two of....

Jonesy914

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61 Jonesy914
Member since 2008 • 1119 Posts

[QUOTE="Rockclmbr6"]When people won't make decisions. My two best friends are horrible with this. They are usually in my group during AP Biology, which is a very fast-paced class where you don't have much time to sit and wait to decide on stuff. During labs, they will spend 10-15 minutes just staring at each other trying to figure out what decision to make, and usually I have to step in and just do something for them to even appear alive.

Funny that they are so bad with decisions, I was the one that had to freakin get them to ask each other out. They had liked each other for a couple months, and would both talk to me about it and make me the middle man between them, and finally I couldn't take it anymore and told them to stop sending me texts at the same time and just text each other. Now they're all happy. Yay. :|

Another pet peeve of mine is when people won't talk to you at all online, but then all of a sudden they IM you out of nowhere. Before they even say anything, I know they are doing it because they need something, and without a doubt the next message will be "Hey do you know the homework for...?"

And National Honor Society at my school is ridiculous. I was just accepted, and all it is doing is showing me that the "smartest" people in my school are the most disorganized bunch of people I've ever met. Grr!

Masterdj1992

When people post long topics in an opinion thread that no one reads more than a sentence or two of....

You're Hired!

sugar

Back on-topic - Here's my list :

When people tell me to hurry up

When people try to push past me in a concert, and when i turn round they give me a dirty look

When drunk people tell me i'm drunk when i'm sober

Getting rudely awakened

When people poke me when they're bored

People who say "lol" out loud

When people message me on msn and the conversation dies after we've both asked "how r u?"

Masterdj1992

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62 Masterdj1992
Member since 2007 • 977 Posts
People who say "lol" out loud

When people message me on msn and the conversation dies after we've both asked "how r u?"

Jonesy914
No, its when people PRONOUNCE lol saying lawl..... thats annoying....
higgydiggy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63 higgydiggy
Member since 2006 • 984 Posts

when people ask questions and then are al like oh i knew that. do you didnt!

and when people ask me to speak spanish"you talk spanish omg say somethng"

Holywarriortim

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64 Holywarriortim
Member since 2004 • 145 Posts
I personally hate when I am at work and I get paged for multiple phone calls all at once. Am I supposed to answer them all at the same time? What about taking messages? UGH!
TheCaveRat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#65 TheCaveRat
Member since 2006 • 3672 Posts
Getting asked, "How are you?" as soon as I wake up. Also getting asked the same question by someone I'm talking face to face to in a quiet room, if that happens enough I usually just stop talking all together.
Avatar image for deactivated-6016f2513d412
deactivated-6016f2513d412

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66 deactivated-6016f2513d412
Member since 2007 • 20414 Posts

+ When people talk down to me. I'm trying not to sound like some angsty preteen here, but I really do hate that. Yeah, I guess I'm still a "kid" since I'm 17 1/2, but I have a brain, I have opinions, and I can process information pretty well. I can handle whatever you have to say, so just say it normally.

+ When people chew loudly and/or with their mouths open.

+ People who sit around and talk about pot all day every day. I personally like to smoke up every once in a while, but damn, there are other things to talk about.

+ Girls who pretend to be stupid because they think it's "cute."

+ Arrogance.

+ I HATE the people who stand in the middle of the halls at school, talking to their friends about nothing while you're trying to get through to go to class. It makes me even angrier when THEY give YOU a dirty look for bumping into them or something when you're trying to get around them. I also hate when people walk super slowly down the halls.

+ Attention seeking behavior of any kind.

Oh, I could go on for days, but I think I'll stop there. I don't want to sound like a bitter old hag. :P

bobstos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#67 bobstos
Member since 2003 • 2964 Posts

+ When people talk down to me. I'm trying not to sound like some angsty preteen here, but I really do hate that. Yeah, I guess I'm still a "kid" since I'm 17 1/2, but I have a brain, I have opinions, and I can process information pretty well. I can handle whatever you have to say, so just say it normally.

+ When people chew loudly and/or with their mouths open.

+ People who sit around and talk about pot all day every day. I personally like to smoke up every once in a while, but damn, there are other things to talk about.

+ Girls who pretend to be stupid because they think it's "cute."

+ Arrogance.

+ I HATE the people who stand in the middle of the halls at school, talking to their friends about nothing while you're trying to get through to go to class. It makes me even angrier when THEY give YOU a dirty look for bumping into them or something when you're trying to get around them. I also hate when people walk super slowly down the halls.

+ Attention seeking behavior of any kind.

Oh, I could go on for days, but I think I'll stop there. I don't want to sound like a bitter old hag. :P

t3hrubikscube
I know exactly what you mean, I am 17 also, yet people seem to think I'm nothing but a "doped up know-it-all smarta**, just because I have an opinion every once in a while.