People that are over happy do you think they are hiding something?

Avatar image for deactivated-63d1ad7651984
deactivated-63d1ad7651984

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 13

#1 deactivated-63d1ad7651984
Member since 2017 • 10057 Posts

When I see people that always seem happy they remind me of actors that are overacting. I feel like it is impossible to be that happy all the time unless they have higher serotonin and dopamine levels then others I'm not sure if that's a thing. But I find it kinda of disturbing like maybe they are literally crazy and have some dead bodies in the backyard or something.

Atomic1977

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#2 Atomic1977
Member since 2004 • 342 Posts

I’m usually happy all of the time. I hardly ever get sad. I’m not hiding anything.

SOedipus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 SOedipus
Member since 2006 • 14801 Posts

I don't think people that appear to be over happy are hiding stuff, nothing serious anyway.

"unless they have higher serotonin and dopamine levels then others"

That's possible I suppose. If they do have higher levels it could be because they are taking anti-depressants. They could be hypo-manic, which might be due to their natural biochemistry, or medications like anti-depressants. The only people I've met that seemed to be "over happy" were religious. I only know that because they shared religious/god stuff on Facebook. I wouldn't be surprised if they were on drugs too though.

"But I find it kinda of disturbing like maybe they are literally crazy and have some dead bodies in the backyard or something."

I've experienced bad feelings, or bad vibes, from people where I suspected them of being bad in that sense, like murderers or pedophiles. It's not from them being "over happy" though. Maybe they were "too friendly"? I'm not sure myself. It's just a feeling, and it's nothing that I would act upon unless I had actual evidence.

Avatar image for deactivated-5fab1400b2fcc
deactivated-5fab1400b2fcc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#4 deactivated-5fab1400b2fcc
Member since 2020 • 2126 Posts

When I am happy, you know something is up!

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 LJS9502_basic
Member since 2003 • 178844 Posts

Nope. All kinds of differences amongst humans.

claymoreman23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 claymoreman23
Member since 2019 • 302 Posts

u wanna know what im hiding..???

mike mills.........d***.

Gaming-Planet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#7 Gaming-Planet
Member since 2008 • 21064 Posts

Some people just possess hire levels of serotonin and dopamine levels for whatever reason.

madrocketeer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -6

#8 madrocketeer
Member since 2005 • 10589 Posts

We all do what we can to do what we must, mate. Some people just cope by being happy all the time.

Byshop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#9 Byshop  Moderator
Member since 2002 • 20504 Posts

Is there something about the happiness of others that you find insincere?

DEVILinIRON

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#10 DEVILinIRON
Member since 2006 • 8772 Posts

Can't... Stop...Watching!

claymoreman23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By claymoreman23
Member since 2019 • 302 Posts

I've Got The NooK!

mrbojangles25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#12  Edited By mrbojangles25
Member since 2005 • 58305 Posts

I think it is a bit cynical to assume they are all "hiding" something, but yes, I think some are.

There is a reason comedians suffer from depression constantly, why you hear so many stories of famous comedians or comedy actors actually being super depressed in real life.

Robin Williams said, in so many words, that the reason he smiled and joked so much is to lift the mood of people around him so they did not feel as sad as he did.

With that said, I think a lot of happy people are genuinely happy. There is a psychology to it, and it's not selfishness, but these people simply focus on what they want and what makes them happy, and they don't dwell on sadness or past mistakes and stuff like that, so they are essentially happy.

Outside of biochemical imbalances and stuff like that, your mood is entirely in your hands. Look up "neuroplasticity".

RatchetClank92

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 RatchetClank92
Member since 2020 • 1342 Posts

@warmblur:

I believe you are on the right track, I’ve been reading a lot about Buddhism and mindfulness meditation, and they all point to the fact that if you have a “high” happiness or elation it eventually comes down as we as humans are not wired to be satisfied, we must always want more. So to be in a state of elation I feel is unnatural, it’s more realistic and better to accept the emotions as they come and see them for what they are, chemical reactions in your brain.

Speeny

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 34

User Lists: 19

#14 Speeny
Member since 2018 • 3357 Posts

I don't know what I think to be honest. I usually don't care all that much either? Like, if they're depressed and want to talk about things, sure. But if they want to keep things to themselves, that's ok too.