Papa Johns not a racist and defends himself in interview

Avatar image for ProtossRushX
ProtossRushX

5979

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By ProtossRushX
Member since 2007 • 5979 Posts

he did interview with h3h3 podcast and explains what happened and how people were out to get him and his income

its a decent watch the guy seems like a decent down to earth guy and its a mess what happened to him

Avatar image for jeezers
jeezers

4221

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 0

#2 jeezers
Member since 2007 • 4221 Posts

poor papa

Avatar image for DEVILinIRON
DEVILinIRON

5400

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 0

#3 DEVILinIRON
Member since 2006 • 5400 Posts

Never liked him nor his commercials.

Avatar image for davillain-
DaVillain-

40619

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#4 DaVillain-  Moderator
Member since 2014 • 40619 Posts

I love his Pizzas but never like his smug face.

Avatar image for hallenbeck77
Hallenbeck77

15867

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#5 Hallenbeck77  Moderator
Member since 2005 • 15867 Posts

@davillain-: You like his pizza?! You must a cast iron stomach.

BTW...Is it just me, or does he look like the garlic sauce that comes with the food is seeping out his pores?

Avatar image for DEVILinIRON
DEVILinIRON

5400

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 0

#6 DEVILinIRON
Member since 2006 • 5400 Posts

@hallenbeck77 said:

Is it just me, or does he look like the garlic sauce that comes with the food is seeping out his pores?

Hahaha! It's true!

Avatar image for HoolaHoopMan
HoolaHoopMan

11056

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#7 HoolaHoopMan
Member since 2009 • 11056 Posts

You'll have to excuse me if I don't believe he was a victim in all of this. The easier explanation? He opened his loud mouth and he's surprised that there are consequences to his actions and words.

Avatar image for Solaryellow
Solaryellow

5361

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#8 Solaryellow
Member since 2013 • 5361 Posts

What exactly did he say causing him trouble?

Avatar image for JustPlainLucas
JustPlainLucas

79848

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 226

User Lists: 0

#9 JustPlainLucas
Member since 2002 • 79848 Posts

Ok, I don't have two hours to watch all that. Can someone please summarize his defense for me? Thanks.

Avatar image for hallenbeck77
Hallenbeck77

15867

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#10  Edited By Hallenbeck77  Moderator
Member since 2005 • 15867 Posts

@Solaryellow: these articles help sum up the things he said that got him in trouble; from criticizing the way the NFL handled the national anthem protests a few years back, and blaming the league for decreasing sales of his products (he was one of their biggest sponsors at the time), to saying some problematic things during board meetings--including dropping the N-bomb, during one of them. When news broke about it, he stepped down as chairman.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/forbesdigitalcovers/2018/07/19/the-inside-story-of-papa-johns-toxic-culture/amp/

https://www.forbes.com/sites/noahkirsch/2018/07/11/papa-johns-founder-john-schnatter-allegedly-used-n-word-on-conference-call/#51d34d4cfc41

Avatar image for Solaryellow
Solaryellow

5361

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#11 Solaryellow
Member since 2013 • 5361 Posts

He exemplified having more money than brains. Got it!

Avatar image for warmblur
warmblur

4070

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#12 warmblur
Member since 2017 • 4070 Posts

Pizza hut is better.

Avatar image for JustPlainLucas
JustPlainLucas

79848

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 226

User Lists: 0

#13 JustPlainLucas
Member since 2002 • 79848 Posts

@warmblur said:

Pizza hut is better.

Ehhh..... I've always enjoyed Papa John's versus Pizza Hut. Pizza Hut's always too greasy.

Avatar image for brimmul777
brimmul777

4296

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 42

User Lists: 2

#14 brimmul777  Online
Member since 2011 • 4296 Posts

@JustPlainLucas: I like the taste of Pizza Huts food better, but gotten sick a couple of times eating there pizza. Probably just the restaurant that I am going to??? It was when I used to live out of town from where I live now.

Avatar image for r-gamer
R-Gamer

1613

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#15 R-Gamer
Member since 2019 • 1613 Posts

@HoolaHoopMan: Surprised their were consequences? Really ? In this day and age where people dig up 10 year old tweets to ruin you?

Avatar image for JustPlainLucas
JustPlainLucas

79848

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 226

User Lists: 0

#16 JustPlainLucas
Member since 2002 • 79848 Posts

@brimmul777 said:

@JustPlainLucas: I like the taste of Pizza Huts food better, but gotten sick a couple of times eating there pizza. Probably just the restaurant that I am going to??? It was when I used to live out of town from where I live now.

Yeah, I suppose it's one of those things that differs in quality depending on what area you're in.

Avatar image for mrbojangles25
mrbojangles25

45733

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 0

#17  Edited By mrbojangles25
Member since 2005 • 45733 Posts

All these people worrying and supporting him are pathetic. Guy was forced into early retirement, that's about as bad as it got, and received millions. You're all just fretting over his hurt pride and frankly that is a waste of time.

The only thing worse than this whole ordeal is that fact there was an ordeal at all. The guy said something, who cares.

Guy is also a liar, sells people the American Dream like it's as easy as simply putting time and effort into something and you can be a millionaire, and that's a load of shit. "Oh yeah all I did was started selling pizza at my dad's bar and next thing you know I'm a millionaire blah blah blah".

@ProtossRushX said:

... the guy seems like a decent down to earth guy and its a mess what happened to him...

No. Dude, just no.

First off, he lives in a castle. A CASTLE! Except it's not an actual castle like you see in Europe, it's some McCastle kitsch'y thing like you'd expect some nouveau-riche jackass would buy.

Plus it has an underground parking lot where he stores all his super rare and expensive cars.

So no. He is not a decent, down to earth guy. He is a rich 0.01% that doesn't care 0.0000000001% as much about you as you do about him.

*Oh and he has his hands insured for $15 million. Reeeeeeeeeeeally down to earth, that.

Avatar image for mrbojangles25
mrbojangles25

45733

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 0

#18 mrbojangles25
Member since 2005 • 45733 Posts
@r-gamer said:

@HoolaHoopMan: Surprised their were consequences? Really ? In this day and age where people dig up 10 year old tweets to ruin you?

I agree with your overall message, but John Schnatter sounds like a really terrible person, a really terrible boss. It sounds like it'd be like working for Richard Nixon or something. Paranoid, power tripping, mercurial, perverted, and generally angry.

Avatar image for davillain-
DaVillain-

40619

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#19 DaVillain-  Moderator
Member since 2014 • 40619 Posts

@hallenbeck77: Papa John's Pizza has really good tasty bread sticks I like for the most part. Their Pizzas are a take it or leave it, but I mainly go for the bread sticks.

Avatar image for mrbojangles25
mrbojangles25

45733

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 0

#20 mrbojangles25
Member since 2005 • 45733 Posts

@davillain- said:

@hallenbeck77: Papa John's Pizza has really good tasty bread sticks I like for the most part. Their Pizzas are a take it or leave it, but I mainly go for the bread sticks.

and the butter sauce. Probably their one redeeming quality imo.

Their pizzas are like if a frozen pizza factory just gave you a pizza off the line before it was frozen, like a fresh "frozen" pizza. They always seem so dry.

Avatar image for HoolaHoopMan
HoolaHoopMan

11056

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#21 HoolaHoopMan
Member since 2009 • 11056 Posts

@r-gamer said:

@HoolaHoopMan: Surprised their were consequences? Really ? In this day and age where people dig up 10 year old tweets to ruin you?

What does that have to do with this particular guy? People didn't dig up stuff on him, the guy just opened his big fat mouth on a conference call and made it worse from there.

You both sound like some cry babies.

Avatar image for r-gamer
R-Gamer

1613

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#22  Edited By R-Gamer
Member since 2019 • 1613 Posts

@HoolaHoopMan: lol don't call anyone a crybaby, leftie. You spend half your life bitching about how things aren't fair and the other half demanding people are punished for doing things that offend you.

Avatar image for Serraph105
Serraph105

34509

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#24 Serraph105
Member since 2007 • 34509 Posts

@JustPlainLucas said:
@warmblur said:

Pizza hut is better.

Ehhh..... I've always enjoyed Papa John's versus Pizza Hut. Pizza Hut's always too greasy.

In terms of pizza, I prefer Papa Johns as well.

Avatar image for r-gamer
R-Gamer

1613

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#25  Edited By R-Gamer
Member since 2019 • 1613 Posts

@HoolaHoopMan: lol I didn't cry just called out your dumb ass observation. You think he was surprised their were consequences? I didn't even pitty him wtf are you talking about? Jesus christ you lefties are delusional.

"Buh buh he said the N word... make sure we ruin him for the rest of his life because that word hurts my feelings.." lol I'm sorry but you are a triggered baby. I always thought it was hillarious that a single word could steal someone's soul. How pathetic do you have to be to let a word hold that much power over you. It's sad really.

Avatar image for HoolaHoopMan
HoolaHoopMan

11056

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#26  Edited By HoolaHoopMan
Member since 2009 • 11056 Posts

@r-gamer said:

@HoolaHoopMan: I didn't even pitty him wtf are you talking about?

So you're just another mouth breather with nothing to add to the actual topic at hand then.

For someone who 'doesn't care' you sure get riled up pretty easily.

Avatar image for Ovirew
Ovirew

9372

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 12

#27 Ovirew
Member since 2008 • 9372 Posts

I actually used to dislike Papa John's pizza, the sauce always tasted weirdly sweet to me. Hadn't eaten it in many, many years, until last year. And it actually seems pretty decent to me now. I think it might have something to do with getting the pizza at a different location.

I like that they offer by-the-slice pizza also. Most of the other chains don't. Tuesdays are great since you can get cheap slices.

I think between Little Caesar's, Domino's and Papa John's they all have something going for them. Domino's probably makes pizzas the fastest, and Caesar's has the cheapest large pepperoni pizzas. Pizza Hut, ironically, has some decent non-pizza stuff like their pastas and breadsticks.

Everyone around here would declare blasphemy and point to all of the local NY-style pizza shops we've got around. I don't care though, I like chains lol.

Avatar image for Byshop
Byshop

19703

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 0

#28 Byshop  Moderator
Member since 2002 • 19703 Posts

@Ovirew said:

I actually used to dislike Papa John's pizza, the sauce always tasted weirdly sweet to me. Hadn't eaten it in many, many years, until last year. And it actually seems pretty decent to me now. I think it might have something to do with getting the pizza at a different location.

I like that they offer by-the-slice pizza also. Most of the other chains don't. Tuesdays are great since you can get cheap slices.

I think between Little Caesar's, Domino's and Papa John's they all have something going for them. Domino's probably makes pizzas the fastest, and Caesar's has the cheapest large pepperoni pizzas. Pizza Hut, ironically, has some decent non-pizza stuff like their pastas and breadsticks.

Everyone around here would declare blasphemy and point to all of the local NY-style pizza shops we've got around. I don't care though, I like chains lol.

Little Ceasar's was always one of my favorites. Pizza Hut and Dominoes are in the bottom tier with the likes of McDonalds and Burger King in as much as I never touch the stuff. Back in my poor young man there was an LC in a strip mall a few blocks from my apartment. I used to walk over and play a "Simon"-like memory game they had for a quarter. If you scored high enough, you got a free medium pizza (limit one per week) or a cheesy bread for the next highest tier score which you could win as often as daily. I got a lot of free food from that place.

Avatar image for Ovirew
Ovirew

9372

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 12

#29 Ovirew
Member since 2008 • 9372 Posts

@Byshop: I remember the Simon game at LC! I also remember when they had some toys for kids, like a cube you could fold several times to show different pictures of the Caesar people.

Avatar image for Shmiity
Shmiity

6348

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 26

User Lists: 0

#30 Shmiity
Member since 2006 • 6348 Posts

I watched this whole thing a few days ago. Honestly, Papa comes off as a dope. This interview was very underwhelming and he is not very articulate or interesting at all. I wasn't hoping for much- but he presents himself like a dumbass from the Southern US. (More or less what we all thought he was)

Avatar image for nintendoboy16
nintendoboy16

37095

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 35

User Lists: 14

#31 nintendoboy16
Member since 2007 • 37095 Posts

@hallenbeck77 said:

@davillain-: You like his pizza?! You must a cast iron stomach.

BTW...Is it just me, or does he look like the garlic sauce that comes with the food is seeping out his pores?

I tried his pizza a couple times at work. Tasted like greasy cardboard. One of the other times they had it, I brought in left over Little Caesars.

Avatar image for JustPlainLucas
JustPlainLucas

79848

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 226

User Lists: 0

#32 JustPlainLucas
Member since 2002 • 79848 Posts

@Byshop said:
@Ovirew said:

I actually used to dislike Papa John's pizza, the sauce always tasted weirdly sweet to me. Hadn't eaten it in many, many years, until last year. And it actually seems pretty decent to me now. I think it might have something to do with getting the pizza at a different location.

I like that they offer by-the-slice pizza also. Most of the other chains don't. Tuesdays are great since you can get cheap slices.

I think between Little Caesar's, Domino's and Papa John's they all have something going for them. Domino's probably makes pizzas the fastest, and Caesar's has the cheapest large pepperoni pizzas. Pizza Hut, ironically, has some decent non-pizza stuff like their pastas and breadsticks.

Everyone around here would declare blasphemy and point to all of the local NY-style pizza shops we've got around. I don't care though, I like chains lol.

Little Ceasar's was always one of my favorites. Pizza Hut and Dominoes are in the bottom tier with the likes of McDonalds and Burger King in as much as I never touch the stuff. Back in my poor young man there was an LC in a strip mall a few blocks from my apartment. I used to walk over and play a "Simon"-like memory game they had for a quarter. If you scored high enough, you got a free medium pizza (limit one per week) or a cheesy bread for the next highest tier score which you could win as often as daily. I got a lot of free food from that place.

I remember that game! Do you also remember the white chocolate/dark chocolate cannolis they used to have?